Zero x Kaguya 87 8.33%
Others (please list) 96 9.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1044. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-15, 17:11   Link #6781
Vakir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I'd imagine she does because, simply, she is the one who pushed the button. Unless she has a severe short term memory loss illness.

The problem is that what convinced her to stop was Lelouch yelling at her to live. She'd have to be a few bricks short of a wall to believe he was going to do nothing after being freed and just let her sit there.
Wasn't he just yelling at her to die with a smile on her face, hence the entire reason she keeps bringing that up? I mean, that's kind of a cruel thing to say to someone, good intentions behind it be damned.

This show's writing ends up being a logistical nightmare more often than not.
Old 2008-09-15, 17:14   Link #6782
Vito
Asshole.

I hope the CC thing will get explained in an interview or commentary
Old 2008-09-15, 17:24   Link #6783
whiter
C.C, Matsuri and Horo,

Quote:
He was, but she wasn't smiling, and Lelouch isn't one to break his word. So she'd have no reason to think he'd just leave her.

Logistical nightmare or not, her actions of sealing herself away haven't amounted to anything. It was a temporary character assassination, but since they can't just make C.C. disappear for a while, leading to revolts in the fanbase, they left her there as a Moe. Further this with how 'convenient' her return was, and it really was nothing short of mega plot device.
It's highly possible that this event was to keep C.C instead of having her dissapper for a little while.

But yet, I'll just add a slightly twisted theory abou it.
Maybe it was for Lelouch to realize that she's human to the core. He experienced what she would have been with out experiensing all the brief events and a really long life. Seeing her memories maybe wouldn't have result into this and hence having her with out memories would make him view her as a human being. So as it stands now, it could have been for Lelouch to realize/get convinced (if he didn't think so after seeing her memories) that she's still human, at some point.
Old 2008-09-15, 17:25   Link #6784
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Reminder:

Err.. don't make things personal please. If one too many of you get into that habit, a thread could suddenly experience a lock-down for a cool-down period. That could be so very unfortunate and I'm sure most of you will agree on the assessment.

Discuss the topic without making things personal.
Old 2008-09-15, 17:28   Link #6785
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiter View Post
It's highly possible that this event was to keep C.C instead of having her dissapper for a little while.
I'm pretty sure that was the reason. Which never sits well with me, and probably won't if it ends CluClu because it just wasted golden time to develop the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiter View Post
But yet, I'll just add a slightly twisted theory abou it.
Maybe it was for Lelouch to notice that she's human to the core. He experienced what she would have been with out experiensing all the brief events and a really long life. Seeing her memories maybe wouldn't have result into this and hence having her with out memories would make him view her as a human being. So as it stands now, it could have been for Lelouch to notice/get convinced (if he didn't think so after seeing her memories) that she's still human, at some point.
But he's always treated her as a human. He's only called her a witch when he's been in a rage, and that's forgivable given that when he's in a rage something bad happened. If the cave scene in S1 wasn't enough to convery the message that Lelouch treats her like a person, and the fact that he treats everyone (even supposed pawns) as people, then... she's not very perceptive.

Further this, as I said before, that CChi seems to have completely vanished off the face of the earth and hasn't been mentioned since.
Old 2008-09-15, 17:31   Link #6786
whiter
C.C, Matsuri and Horo,

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that was the reason. Which never sits well with me, and probably won't if it ends CluClu because it just wasted golden time to develop the two.

But he's always treated her as a human. He's only called her a witch when he's been in a rage, and that's forgivable given that when he's in a rage something bad happened. If the cave scene in S1 wasn't enough to convery the message that Lelouch treats her like a person, and the fact that he treats everyone (even supposed pawns) as people, then... she's not very perceptive.

Further this, as I said before, that CChi seems to have completely vanished off the face of the earth and hasn't been mentioned since.
Well, imo he has been viewing her as a person or entity, but not as a human-being nor as a woman. But this is a mather of an opinion aswell.
Old 2008-09-15, 17:55   Link #6787
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Reminder:

Err.. don't make things personal please. If one too many of you get into that habit, a thread could suddenly experience a lock-down for a cool-down period. That could be so very unfortunate and I'm sure most of you will agree on the assessment.

Discuss the topic without making things personal.
I'm not so forgiving so Infractions are going to be issued which may lead to bans if this nonsense keeps up.

Please keep on-topic.
Old 2008-09-15, 18:50   Link #6788
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Considering that C.C. and Kallen are making this thread going haywire, let us go to the other romances, the one that would have happened but did not (Guilford x Cornelia ;A, the one we did not think would happen (Viletta x Ougi) and the one we want to happen (Jeremiah x Sayako).
Old 2008-09-15, 18:55   Link #6789
PlatinumSoul
Kalulu fanatic.

Oh gosh. I adore Orange and Sayoko. Ever since their epic fight I've wanted the two of them to get together(which is weird considering that they were fighting). Both faithful fighters, bound by loyalty to Lelouch! Wahh, I love it. It would be great to see more of them. I was just so thankful she was alive.
Old 2008-09-15, 19:03   Link #6790
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Those two work together, especially with this last episode. They have more than just loyalty in common, they follow the same path.
Old 2008-09-15, 21:22   Link #6791
honeypie_0106

Quote:

CChi, like almost every development in CG R2, looks like a complete waste of time. I still ask myself, what was the CChi moment for? What did it bring to the plot?

NADAH.... Those wasted 30 minutes -- brought nothing relevant...

Maybe instead of transforming her into a MOE, they should have just given those minutes into evolving characters such as Schniezel.. Or even Marianne..

And again, why was Kallen captured?? She could have atleast done something more important, like retrive Democles information, anything..... all she did was sit and speak.

Its a slap in the face - with these type sloppy story-telling.
Old 2008-09-15, 21:48   Link #6792
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeypie_0106 View Post

And again, why was Kallen captured?? She could have atleast done something more important, like retrive Democles information, anything..... all she did was sit and speak.

Its a slap in the face - with these type sloppy story-telling.
Well, since this is the ROMANCE thread, I'll just say that Kallen being captured, just like almost all her scenes this this season, revolved around her learning more about Lelouch. Hopefully, there will still be a big pay off (or at least some sort of resolution) on that front. If there isn't (like say, she tries to sway him from the 'Demon's path'), I agree, it was sloppy story telling.
Old 2008-09-15, 21:51   Link #6793
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Well, since this is the ROMANCE thread, I'll just say that Kallen being captured, just like almost all her scenes this this season, revolved around her learning more about Lelouch. Hopefully, there will still be a big pay off (or at least some sort of resolution) on that front. If there isn't (like say, she tries to sway him from the 'Demon's path'), I agree, it was sloppy story telling.
Then again we might say that with her captured was to give Shirley some time alone with Lelouch.
Old 2008-09-15, 22:01   Link #6794
Babaganush
Banned

Quote:
i think they hd her cptured her to meet gino and allow cc to be alone with lelouch
Old 2008-09-15, 22:02   Link #6795
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
Then again we might say that with her captured was to give Shirley some time alone with Lelouch.
Well, then half the time she spent in captivity was a waste since Shirley died in episode 14 and Kallen was captured from 10 to 18.
Old 2008-09-15, 22:05   Link #6796
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

If Kalulu is going to happen, I hope it happens next ep, otherwise I think I will lose interest and will start shipping Rolo x a picture of Lulu o.o
Old 2008-09-15, 22:08   Link #6797
scifijimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
Considering that C.C. and Kallen are making this thread going haywire, let us go to the other romances, the one that would have happened but did not (Guilford x Cornelia ;A, the one we did not think would happen (Viletta x Ougi) and the one we want to happen (Jeremiah x Sayako).
Yeah, who would have thought as the series began that we would certainly have one couple that looked totally impobable at the start and another one as "this could turn into a relationship"from the same point. Now, any guesses on what VillettaxOugi baby(ies) names are going to be, and what JeremiahxSayoko would name their kids if they get together?
Old 2008-09-15, 22:13   Link #6798
honeypie_0106

Quote:
Yeah, but isn't the big pay-off still a 50/50. Its a big ominous cliffhanger that would probably throw us off the screens.

Lelouch has consistently been an asshole. I don't know if Kallen can save him.

I have a feeling that the preview would likely end up with Suzaku intervening. If so, how does Lelouch fit into these scheme? How could you insert the "knowing Lelouch" while your battling his best friend. Won't you hate him even more because he's allowing you to be killed?

I'm having a rough time understanding the concept of her capture. And I ahte the fact that Lelouch isn't even shown remorseful over his actions.

Euphie and Nunally? Where is Kallen? He f***ing used her over and over again, and yet he's willing to let her be killed.

I seriously hate the way he blew up the OOTBK ship. If he's allowing Kallen to be killed by Suzaku - regardless if Kallen is victorious or not - then he is an ass. And I'm raising his death flag by ten folds!
Old 2008-09-15, 22:18   Link #6799
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

How is he willing to let her be killed exactly? Suzaku, the one person capable of killing her at the moment, was conveniently on the other side of the battlefield.
Old 2008-09-15, 22:21   Link #6800
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeypie_0106 View Post
Yeah, but isn't the big pay-off still a 50/50. Its a big ominous cliffhanger that would probably throw us off the screens.

Lelouch has consistently been an asshole. I don't know if Kallen can save him.

I have a feeling that the preview would likely end up with Suzaku intervening. If so, how does Lelouch fit into these scheme? How could you insert the "knowing Lelouch" while your battling his best friend. Won't you hate him even more because he's allowing you to be killed?

I'm having a rough time understanding the concept of her capture. And I ahte the fact that Lelouch isn't even shown remorseful over his actions.

Euphie and Nunally? Where is Kallen? He f***ing used her over and over again, and yet he's willing to let her be killed.

I seriously hate the way he blew up the OOTBK ship. If he's allowing Kallen to be killed by Suzaku - regardless if Kallen is victorious or not - then he is an ass. And I'm raising his death flag by ten folds!
Well, the common theory right now is that Lelouch pushed Kallen away to prevent her from walking the 'Demon's path' with him. She'll confront him in the next episode and, in theory, he'll reveal what he knows of Schneizel's plan, and she'll ask why he kept this from her, leading to her saying, "And if you say something like, 'I love you,' I never forgive you." In theory this will weaken his resolve. If the plan is suicidal, Kallen will try to stop him, which is when Suzaku comes in and tells Lelouch to follow the plan (because he thinks Lelouch dying is poetic justice for killing Euphie). Lelouch then goes to finish the plan (but wants Kallen unharmed), and confronts Nunnally.

Meanwhile, Kallen is fighting to stop Lelouch from his suicidal plan while Suzaku fights to keep the plan in tact. At this point, I personally hope that Kallen will confront Suzaku with knowledge of his photo album and how he killed his own father and whether Euphie would want him to be like this. Suzaku questions himself, just as Schneizel's plan is revealed and the cliffhanger occurs with everyone ganging up on Schneizel. (But will Lelouch survive. DUN DUN DUN. ).

Mind you, I have no idea how C.C. would fit into all this. And I'm assuming she has to have an important role, too.

Well, we'll just wait and see.

Note: For the record, by the looks of the preview, alot of the BK survived the crash.

youngde, signing off.

Tags
romance