Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-16, 06:51   Link #2601
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Since you asked.

Being immortal means that the person in question has increased cellular regeneration, cellular division that doesn't wear out, and an increased immune response. The last part is important, because the body will recognize a developing embryo as an invader and try to destroy it were it not for the immunosuppressive agents the developing embyro releases. With the increased immune response, these fail and the embryo is destroyed.

The off-topic stuff aside, death is a likely outcome for her. Life has worn her down. Being happy at the end would be preferable to losing that happiness.
Was it stated by Okouchi that immortality works like that in code geass? No.

Did he say something about C.C. and babies? No, and it was debunked many times by koshimizu since some people keep saying that he says something about that but he doens't.

We, people have aboslutely no sources of how c.c's immortality works in code geass.

Last edited by Narona; 2008-09-16 at 07:07.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 07:17   Link #2602
Theron
Professional Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliberation View Post
Right now all I wish is for C.C to die happily or live without her immortality.

T_______T She's already lived for too long. It's terrible to lived for centuries alone. She never really had someone close to her for a long time.
Oh, come on. If I recall correctly, she was friends with Marianne and who knows how many people before that. Yes, her 'Love' Geass did mixed up things a bit, but after she became immortal there was no such problem. Also it seems that she was pretty respected as Geass Cult leader - there was a scene in Turn 15 (?), where a bunch of researchers were pretty happy to see her.

All that C.C. needs right now is someone/something to show her how wonderful life is. (Hopes on a certain dark haired individual ^^) Something like a new resolve, witch I bet was totally destroyed by Marianne, Charles and VV with their idiotic philosophy.
Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 07:27   Link #2603
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

What the two people behind me said 100%. And no I'm not back. The whole idea of her not being able to have children does make sense, but unless stated as such officially then it is simply baseless opinion. And while it does seem quite clear that she will die next episode, I honestly think it would make a better point to have her live in the end and live as a mortal. It's really not that much to ask for. She should get to live just as much as anyone else.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 08:11   Link #2604
Deliberation
I'm trying to find you..

Send a message via MSN to Deliberation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
Oh, come on. If I recall correctly, she was friends with Marianne and who knows how many people before that. Yes, her 'Love' Geass did mixed up things a bit, but after she became immortal there was no such problem. Also it seems that she was pretty respected as Geass Cult leader - there was a scene in Turn 15 (?), where a bunch of researchers were pretty happy to see her.

All that C.C. needs right now is someone/something to show her how wonderful life is. (Hopes on a certain dark haired individual ^^) Something like a new resolve, witch I bet was totally destroyed by Marianne, Charles and VV with their idiotic philosophy.
Opps sorry. What I meant "alone" was for someone who really love her and understand her. Even if she is a cult leader and has friends around her eg. Marianne. She was never really loved as a person. Mao's case was different so it doesn't count. And with Marianne was a plot to change the world? My guess she was really lonely and numbed throughout all these years.. until like you said a certain dark haired individual opened her up. That is what I really believed.. his presence influence her thinking and opinion a lot until she decided to side him instead of Marianne and Charles.

I guess to her.. being by his side made her feel complete. He promised to make her smile and he promised her that she's not alone. Well that is how I see Lelouch and C.C relationship lovers or not. It's a special bond they shared.

I guess the world of Code Geass is decided by the director in the end. @_@ I agree with Dann tho. I do wish she could live as a mortal in the end. She should live as much as everyone else.. but it's Sunrise ehh... so if Goro wants her to die.. I hope it's a beautiful death for her *___* she deserved it. (with a certain dark haired someone by her side making her smile)

Emperor Lelouch & Empress C.C ♠
King of Clubs & Queen of Hearts

Deliberation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 08:31   Link #2605
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
What the two people behind me said 100%. And no I'm not back. The whole idea of her not being able to have children does make sense, but unless stated as such officially then it is simply baseless opinion. And while it does seem quite clear that she will die next episode, I honestly think it would make a better point to have her live in the end and live as a mortal. It's really not that much to ask for. She should get to live just as much as anyone else.
Well, idea of her not able to have children makes sense, but it's cruel.
And I really doubt about her dying next episode. I just don't see any way she can die. Doubt Lelouch will take the code from her, he doesn't have a reason to , and hope he will not.

Hope you will write your opinion when Code Geass will end.
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 09:07   Link #2606
Theron
Professional Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliberation View Post
Opps sorry. What I meant "alone" was for someone who really love her and understand her. Even if she is a cult leader and has friends around her eg. Marianne. She was never really loved as a person. Mao's case was different so it doesn't count. And with Marianne was a plot to change the world? My guess she was really lonely and numbed throughout all these years.. until like you said a certain dark haired individual opened her up. That is what I really believed.. his presence influence her thinking and opinion a lot until she decided to side him instead of Marianne and Charles.

I guess to her.. being by his side made her feel complete. He promised to make her smile and he promised her that she's not alone. Well that is how I see Lelouch and C.C relationship lovers or not. It's a special bond they shared.
Yeah, that’s exactly how it is. ^^

As for the death thing… I don’t understand why do people so obsessed with it. Will she die, won’t she die? Come on, that’s not that important. What’s important is that the ending will be believable. For example, if Lelouch will take her Code at the end to save his life, I will never accept that king of an ending! It has nothing to do with death or no death.

Also death in anime is such an untrustworthy thing… ^_~
Old 2008-09-16, 09:59   Link #2607
whiter
C.C, Matsuri and Horo,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
Yeah, that’s exactly how it is. ^^

As for the death thing… I don’t understand why do people so obsessed with it. Will she die, won’t she die? Come on, that’s not that important. What’s important is that the ending will be believable. For example, if Lelouch will take her Code at the end to save his life, I will never accept that king of an ending! It has nothing to do with death or no death.

Also death in anime is such an untrustworthy thing… ^_~
I personally would love to see C.C. and Lelouch dying together happily with no regreats. Embracing each others while smiling, and maybe shedding couple of tears, as they dissappear into emptiness.
Nunaly would switch sides, and with Suzaku they will execute the plan.
Even saw a dream about that
As for me, that would be one of the most touching scenes in anime history.

Since that won't obviously happen, as Lelouch seems to be standing in the end, and C.C is likely to die with all the death flags you've (generalisation wtf) placed upon her!
-->
*Just let me keep dreaming*
Old 2008-09-16, 09:59   Link #2608
itoastmysocks
Rabbit Flavored Socks YUM

thinking about it.. it's no real immortality but more like better regeneration.. cells replace themselves.. and so on... now to confirm my theory I would need to know if those immortals can die if all molecules of their body get plasmafied.. or if they regrow out of their mind pattern (for those who know, yes that was a MtA reference)

anyways.. the fact if she can have babies is more or less tied to if it's spiritual or physical immortality (which isn't to sure if you remember what they said in that mind realm)

but what I can tell you if it's just sped up regeneration of cells, that replace broken and defective ones.. birth controll wouldn't work to much.. and well you'd be extra firtile.. cause of sped up metabolism healing and all that... but that's to much biology I guess (now I wish someone knew V.V.'s eating habbits.. and if he ate as much a s C.C. for my food theory about food (yes that counts pizza in ) powering their bodies)

if it's spiritual sided.. the immortality.. the chance for babies is getting lower and lower

though from an evolutionary POV reproduction of an immortal beeing that can regenerate it's own body is kinda.. well it doesn't make much sense for me, because every time you mate you bring new genes into your pool.. but then again something like that never happend before.. so..

and personally I think she just wants to die cause she's fed up with all the crap she has seen, and the downfall of humanity.. and not just because she's fed up with life.. otherwise she wouldn't eat that much pizza... cause she seems to enjoy it, and I still think that that little girl that wants to be loved is still inside her somwhere or she wouldn't carry that plushy arround (or it could really be just for comercial reasons... but yeah.. )

my 2 cents on that topic
itoastmysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 10:04   Link #2609
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by itoastmysocks View Post
thinking about it.. it's no real immortality but more like better regeneration.. cells replace themselves.. and so on... now to confirm my theory I would need to know if those immortals can die if all molecules of their body get plasmafied.. or if they regrow out of their mind pattern (for those who know, yes that was a MtA reference)

anyways.. the fact if she can have babies is more or less tied to if it's spiritual or physical immortality (which isn't to sure if you remember what they said in that mind realm)

but what I can tell you if it's just sped up regeneration of cells, that replace broken and defective ones.. birth controll wouldn't work to much.. and well you'd be extra firtile.. cause of sped up metabolism healing and all that... but that's to much biology I guess (now I wish someone knew V.V.'s eating habbits.. and if he ate as much a s C.C. for my food theory about food (yes that counts pizza in ) powering their bodies)

if it's spiritual sided.. the immortality.. the chance for babies is getting lower and lower

though from an evolutionary POV reproduction of an immortal beeing that can regenerate it's own body is kinda.. well it doesn't make much sense for me, because every time you mate you bring new genes into your pool.. but then again something like that never happend before.. so..

and personally I think she just wants to die cause she's fed up with all the crap she has seen, and the downfall of humanity.. and not just because she's fed up with life.. otherwise she wouldn't eat that much pizza... cause she seems to enjoy it, and I still think that that little girl that wants to be loved is still inside her somwhere or she wouldn't carry that plushy arround (or it could really be just for comercial reasons... but yeah.. )

my 2 cents on that topic
The point of some people on that subject is not "if she can have babies while being an immortal" but "if she can have babies if she becomes human again".

My opinion (but I could be wrong) is that her immortality means that her Body is the same all the time and can't be modified (that's why she can't die). It's like having pushed the PAUSE button, so when something happen to her body, it returns to this Pause form. So imo, as an immortal, she couldn't be able to have babies, but "if" she would become mortal again, my guess is that she would be able to have babies.

And I don't think that she wants to die anymore. If she still wants to die, then ep15 has no interesting meaning.
Old 2008-09-16, 10:15   Link #2610
itoastmysocks

and yeah that pause option is another good one.. thanks.. I knew I forgot something... thanks lots *chuckles*

the only problem I see with that one is that you can't change or so.. that you are frozen in a permanent stagnation.. but yeah that's getting far to philosophical...

and for a long time I thought C.C. only wanted that immortal part of hers to die to be that girl she was before.. aka what happend when she deactivated her code.. and I still hope that whole smile before you die thingy will get resolved in something like that.. that if she has to die.. only that part of her personality will die.. maybe she'll sacrifice herself for someone and afterwards she is just in her CChi mode again.. who knows..

but then again I still hope for a happy (hollywood) end for all of the characters.. which I know it won't be.. but yeah..
Old 2008-09-16, 10:19   Link #2611
Theron
Professional Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiter View Post
I personally would love to see C.C. and Lelouch dying together happily with no regreats. Embracing each others while smiling, and maybe shedding couple of tears, as they dissappear into emptiness.
Nunaly would switch sides, and with Suzaku they will execute the plan.
Even saw a dream about that
As for me, that would be one of the most touching scenes in anime history.
Hmmm... If I'll ever see a dream with C.C. in it I doubt I'll give her to anyone coz she'll be miineeee! *runs away*
Old 2008-09-16, 10:20   Link #2612
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
the only problem I see with that one is that you can't change or so.. that you are frozen in a permanent stagnation.. but yeah that's getting far to philosophical...

maybe she'll sacrifice herself for someone and afterwards she is just in her CChi mode again.. who knows..
That's exactly what immortality could be, a stagnation.

baaah, the whole point of this debate is that no one knows how immortality works in code geass, only Okouchi does XD.

I don't think she wants to become CChi again. My opinion is that she sealed herself to not have to face lelouch for some reasons after what happened in 15.

However, okouchi said that the happiest days of her life (so in ~600 years) were those with lelouch. And I doubt that she will want to erase that. My guess is that she would prefer to die, rather than losing that memories of happiness.
Old 2008-09-16, 10:24   Link #2613
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

On the contrary. If it's some kind of technobabble "healing factor", like Wolverine of X-men fame, then she'd probably get menopaused like a normal woman. It'd have happened long ago. Reminder: the ova are made before birth, not after. (Unlike spermatozoids.) And released every once in a while at some point in the menstrual cycle. And then you run out. Thus, menopause. Unless she just stopped releasing ova when she became immortal. And they somehow survived her being burnt at the stake and the various gutwounds she may have suffered during her life.

If it's just "magic", well, anything goes.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 10:28   Link #2614
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
On the contrary. If it's some kind of technobabble "healing factor", like Wolverine of X-men fame, then she'd probably get menopaused like a normal woman. It'd have happened long ago. Reminder: the ova are made before birth, not after. (Unlike spermatozoids.) And released every once in a while at some point in the menstrual cycle. And then you run out. Thus, menopause. Unless she just stopped releasing ova when she became immortal. And they somehow survived her being burnt at the stake and the various gutwounds she may have suffered during her life.

If it's just "magic", well, anything goes.
I don't think that she continued to release ova while being an immortal. And even if she does, her body return to its original form (so with the same number of ovas that she had when she became immortal) each time that it is modified by something (when they burnt her for instance)

Even her hair can't be modified and doesn't grow.
Old 2008-09-16, 10:29   Link #2615
itoastmysocks

well maybe she want to give her true self a chance to find that happiness, as I think C.C. I just a mask for her true self to shield her from the f***** u* things she saw in life, and if she was happy with he her protection personality, her real self will have a real happy human life and so on.. I know my chances for seeing that are low... but as I said...

well no one knows how it works.. but we got examples of other immortalities:

What Obi-wan, Joda, Qui-gon and Anakin reach in Starwars after death
The Q from TNG
Vampires (Lestat, Dracula and so on, the World of Darkness)
C.C.

basically those 4 are good examples for that.. cause:
Jedi -> reached immortality through their own will
Q -> evolved to immortality
Vampires -> curse of immortality

C.C. -> now there is the good question [Edit:] yes I know she took it by force to save her life.. but it doesn't really explain if the code is evolution, a blessing/curse, or just the brainfart of a god

and that's the trick.. is it a curse.. is it a blessing.. what is it with the code.. but then again if we knew all that.. alot of questions would be answered now wouldn't they?

magic.. and the magic argument is nice.. but that's like saying how do they do it.. they just do it.. and anything can be explained in some way.. even if it's as ridiculos as mediclorians or I dunno... and as a matter of fact it's either sped up fertility or frozen.. biologically speaking both is possible.. but
if it's magic it could be just regeneration, something that freezes her body in time, and loops it back.. some space quark that forms itself to her energy pattern and so on (I don't wanna insult anyone and if it sounded that way I'm sorry I just like to know how things work and so on... )
Old 2008-09-16, 10:30   Link #2616
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yeah. "Magic", then.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 10:41   Link #2617
itoastmysocks

I just don't like the magic argument cause I believe in a universe where there is magic, it must be possible to explain it with maths and physics, if it isn't even a physical force like gravity or temperature... I know that's weird or maybe even stupid but yeah
Old 2008-09-16, 10:47   Link #2618
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
I just don't like the magic argument cause I believe in a universe where there is magic, it must be possible to explain it with maths and physics, if it isn't even a physical force like gravity or temperature... I know that's weird or maybe even stupid but yeah
Then before trying to explain her immortality, try to explain the Geass, the SoA and some other things in code geass using maths and physics

Seriously, do you really think that Okouchi cares about that? I don't think he is even that good in maths and physics.

Quote:
magic.. and the magic argument is nice.. but that's like saying how do they do it.. they just do it.. and anything can be explained in some way.. even if it's as ridiculos as mediclorians or I dunno... and as a matter of fact it's either sped up fertility or frozen.. biologically speaking both is possible.. but
if it's magic it could be just regeneration, something that freezes her body in time, and loops it back.. some space quark that forms itself to her energy pattern and so on (I don't wanna insult anyone and if it sounded that way I'm sorry I just like to know how things work and so on
Comparing immortality from SW to C.C.'s immortality in Cg makes no sense imo. That's two stories from different writers. Each writer has his own rules about how the world they create works. So Comparing them makes no sense imo. :/
Old 2008-09-16, 10:58   Link #2619
itoastmysocks

I just took the reached through their own will immortality as example of how people in other parts of literature reached it.. to compare I know it's not the same but

and I'm sure if I had studied what lloyd studied I could probably explain all those things.. and yes I know the authors probably didn't think about all those specific details... it's a problem of what your characters and what you know.. and sometimes they DO know more than you... but that has nothing to do with me wanting to know how every little bit works...

and since immortality seems to be a sideffect of the code.. I'd need to know more about the specific things.. well I could say that the code and geass.. .were just created by the collective subconsciess as a controll device for the reflection of souls or whatchamacallit that is their real world, and that it was implemented in the system from the start... and was allways part of it.. and since it seems that that part isn't important for the story I will probably never get any answers...
Old 2008-09-16, 11:07   Link #2620
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
I just took the reached through their own will immortality as example of how people in other parts of literature reached it.. to compare I know it's not the same but

and I'm sure if I had studied what lloyd studied I could probably explain all those things.. and yes I know the authors probably didn't think about all those specific details... it's a problem of what your characters and what you know.. and sometimes they DO know more than you... but that has nothing to do with me wanting to know how every little bit works...

and since immortality seems to be a sideffect of the code.. I'd need to know more about the specific things.. well I could say that the code and geass.. .were just created by the collective subconsciess as a controll device for the reflection of souls or whatchamacallit that is their real world, and that it was implemented in the system from the start... and was allways part of it.. and since it seems that that part isn't important for the story I will probably never get any answers...
I see. Well, I understand you Because i had a friend who thought that everything can or "Will" be explained by sciences someday.

Then what people call "magic" could just be a phenomenon which can't for now be explained, but will be in the future using science.

And then the eternal question, is god(s) really exists.

Actually, me I hope that many things will be explained even after the end of the show. things like who gave his code to V.V., how immortality works etc.

But I still hope that the immortality/code thing will be explained in 25 if c.c. survives and if Lelouch will try to remove the code from c.c..