Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-28, 06:37   Link #14381
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, here's the simple thing:

* Gum line: One massive ruse.

* Geass: Well, only its origins remain...and...that stems from the age-old Directorate.

Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:51   Link #14382
Arkard

That's the Guren's key Kallen is putting around her neck in the epilogue right? A Lelouch memento, and clearly important to her
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:53   Link #14383
roon
_(:q 」∠)_ _(ФωФ*」∠)_
*Artist

@Arkard
I was about to post something similar, about the good and bad of the final episode.

I think it was especially poignant that they showed Nunnally and Kallen's reactions first as Lelouch was about to get impaled. Although Kallen had figured it all out, Nunnally still had no idea about Lelouch.. and thus her reaction filled with genuine care and sadness really got me.

Kallen having the epilogue was nice, too. I'm glad that she finally got what she wanted, and that they didn't force a pairing between her and anybody else.

Spoiler for Turn 25 screens:

Seriously, that last screen. <3 I still adore Kallen, and am glad that the series ended with her understanding Lelouch. It sucks that I got dragged through a handful of episodes where she was raging non-stop, but it could be a LOT worse.

I like her much more without the headband, too.
roon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:56   Link #14384
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
Well, I have mixed feelings on this.

Good

- Kallen understands Lelouch's plan.
- Kallen knows why Lelouch pushed her away all this time.
- Kallen knows Lelouch loved her.

Bad

- No gum line is an epic cave in. Quite frankly, I think it was omitted to preserve to "open endedness" of the ending.

- Kallen understands now, too bad it was when Lelouch was getting impaled >_<

- The Gino x Kallen stuff is fricking retarded. I mean look at this on the bottom right:

Spoiler for Kallen Picture Board:

Gino x Tianzi?

Conclusion

I think that this was actually an amazing ending. After the initial gut retching reaction that the gum line was not said, I watched and realized how well done this ending was. Lelouch gave Kallen everything she wanted with the exception of himself. A free Japan. A normal everyday school girl life. Her mother, free and well. Her friends all safe and sound. A "victory" over her most hated rival. Zero's reputation upheld. He was selfless until the end, even though he loved her. Rather, it was because he loved her that he took this path alone. We know why he closed himself up and pushed her away. He was planning to die all along, and that was a path he did not want her to follow ("live on") nor suffer from if he told her he loved her. He wanted to be with her, hence "will you come to me to Ashford after this is all over?" He bit his lip at their last meeting, he kept her away for her own good, protecting what he knew would be even worse heart break if he reciprocated her feelings and he fulfilled his promise of death. Kallen's song "One More Chance" makes perfect crystal clear sense now. Based on the lyrics, she understands now. She knows he loved her. She thanks him for it, and says she'll live the path he wanted her to.

Lelouch vi Britannia, the man of miracles, your final act was one befitting your brilliance. You walked into the reaper's arms, suppressing all emotions so that those you cared about might live. Even though they betrayed you, you spared their lives and gave them one final miracle that told them, and only them, your true character and how wrong they were. Rest in peace, knowing that you brought happiness and peace to your friends, your comrades, your sister, and the woman you loved. Rest too, my friends and comrades, Kallen did and still loves Lelouch and he loved her.

There was a two month gap, so I hope there's a movie or an OVA to cover it. There's too many things left unanswered like C.C.'s real name, Geass, and the gum line.

You steal words of my mouth

Seriously the more I'm watching this turn, the more I'm happy xDD
I cryed hard at the end, to everything...there was a lot of rushed things but how beautiful seriously...and our Kalulu wasn't a dream

*Really really happy*

Her kiss was the most important to Lelouch, she is still in love with him, she is happy (Awww what a cute face in front of his photogrphy <333) and she is keeping her key around her neck...

If only he was alive, now I understand perfectly her song

Kampai \o/

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:57   Link #14385
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roon View Post
@Arkard
I was about to post something similar, about the good and bad of the final episode.

I think it was especially poignant that they showed Nunnally and Kallen's reactions first as Lelouch was about to get impaled. Although Kallen had figured it all out, Nunnally still had no idea about Lelouch.. and thus her reaction filled with genuine care and sadness really got me.

Kallen having the epilogue was nice, too. I'm glad that she finally got what she wanted, and that they didn't force a pairing between her and anybody else.

Spoiler for Turn 25 screens:

Seriously, that last screen. <3 I still adore Kallen, and am glad that the series ended with her understanding Lelouch. It sucks that I got dragged through a handful of episodes where she was raging non-stop, but it could be a LOT worse.

Well I still think her character was handled very VERY poorly. But this does make me feel a little bit better The sad smile seemed very sweet.

And you're right it could have been so much worse.
Old 2008-09-28, 07:02   Link #14386
Tenkaichi
Resign to your Fate...

Send a message via AIM to Tenkaichi
Quote:
@Arkard

I think YOUR =D line "Lelouch gave Kallen everything she wanted with the exception of himself" sums it up nicely. Bittersweet for sure, but it will do.

Thanks for the screenies. I love her w/o the headband, especially cuz a shot of her in Britannia school uniform + spiky Kallen hair = win.

Courtesy of Ultima_Rasengan05

Last edited by Tenkaichi; 2008-09-28 at 07:07. Reason: Heh, read the quoted message quickly. Sorry, fixed!
Tenkaichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 07:03   Link #14387
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkaichi View Post
I think Lolipopo's line "Lelouch gave Kallen everything she wanted with the exception of himself" sums it up nicely. Bittersweet for sure, but it will do.
My line! =)

Last edited by xris; 2008-09-28 at 07:16. Reason: Please don't quote trolls, report them :)
Old 2008-09-28, 07:04   Link #14388
scarlet512
カレン愛してるよ

Quote:

Good

Bad

- No gum line is an epic cave in. Quite frankly, I think it was omitted to preserve to "open endedness" of the ending.

- The Gino x Kallen stuff is fricking retarded. I mean look at this on the bottom right:

Gino x Tianzi?

Conclusion

I think that this was actually an amazing ending. After the initial gut retching reaction that the gum line was not said, I watched and realized how well done this ending was. Lelouch gave Kallen everything she wanted with the exception of himself. A free Japan. A normal everyday school girl life. Her mother, free and well. Her friends all safe and sound. A "victory" over her most hated rival. Zero's reputation upheld. He was selfless until the end, even though he loved her. Rather, it was because he loved her that he took this path alone. We know why he closed himself up and pushed her away. He was planning to die all along, and that was a path he did not want her to follow ("live on") nor suffer from if he told her he loved her. He wanted to be with her, hence "will you come to me to Ashford after this is all over?" He bit his lip at their last meeting, he kept her away for her own good, protecting what he knew would be even worse heart break if he reciprocated her feelings and he fulfilled his promise of death. Kallen's song "One More Chance" makes perfect crystal clear sense now. Based on the lyrics, she understands now. She knows he loved her. She thanks him for it, and says she'll live the path he wanted her to.

Lelouch vi Britannia, the man of miracles, your final act was one befitting your brilliance. You walked into the reaper's arms, suppressing all emotions so that those you cared about might live. Even though they betrayed you, you spared their lives and gave them one final miracle that told them, and only them, your true character and how wrong they were. Rest in peace, knowing that you brought happiness and peace to your friends, your comrades, your sister, and the woman you loved. Rest too, my friends and comrades, Kallen did and still loves Lelouch and he loved her.

There was a two month gap, so I hope there's a movie or an OVA to cover it. There's too many things left unanswered like C.C.'s real name, Geass, and the gum line.
Couldn't have said that better myself. Although I am curious to what Kallen said at the end (that will surely come sooner or later when subs are out), I am glad that she ended up understanding his feelings and that makes her character song all the sweeter
scarlet512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 07:05   Link #14389
yondy

I love the ending for Kallen, living happily with her mom, and full of energy going to school. That's all I wanted to see.
yondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 07:07   Link #14390
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Finally Lelouch acted as we thought, and this flashback was like his inner confession.
Just so wonderful of him. What a man.

And yeah, this gum line was clearly impossible to a sorta ambiguous ending, but at this state we finally have something that we didn't before, a confirmation about Lelouch's feelings so I guess we can forget the gum line for some moment now

And wait for her character song.

Ahahahaha ureshii <333

Old 2008-09-28, 07:09   Link #14391
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Finally Lelouch acted as we thought, and this flashback was like his inner confession.
The flashback when he sees kallen kissing him?

We also see the kiss from c.c. to him in R1 in the same flashback <_<
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 07:11   Link #14392
Pan chan
I am a slipper :3

Quote:

Good

Bad

Gino x Tianzi?

Conclusion

Man, this is exactly how I feel, you put words on my feeling and for this I'll rep you !

He loved her, it's almost too good to hear .
Pan chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 07:12   Link #14393
Arkard

I'm looking forward to her song and some Picture Dramas to expand on what was left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post

Yup. Also for the loyal Kalulus, keep in mind that we should be happy for our fellow board members of other pairings too, I mean, the ending was so fricking ambiguous that it could support Lelouch x Shirley Glad that everyone got a piece of the pie... er or is it Lelouch? I hope they unban some of the non troll members that got caught up as casualties in the crossfire.
Old 2008-09-28, 07:13   Link #14394
roon
_(:q 」∠)_ _(ФωФ*」∠)_
*Artist

Oh yeah, I wanted to note... for anybody who thought Kallen wasn't close enough to Lelouch to get in on Zero Requiem, now it makes TOTAL sense why she wasn't included in it. Aside from the fact that she's not the lead female character, lol...

Spoiler for Zero Requiem/Turn 25:

These are just my thoughts, though.. I don't even mean this in a Lelouch/Kallen sense, I'm just thinking Kallen = good person
roon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 07:14   Link #14395
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

AS I said even her kiss got none reaction from him, it wasthe best kiss... the more emotional of all the kisses...
I almost cried too when Nunally was shouting and crying... I liked the image...
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 07:16   Link #14396
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post

You didn't saw the pause ? There was 3 pause in this Flashback; One for Shirley, One for Kallen's kiss, and one for Rolo and lelouch, before the very end where he was child with Suzaku and Nunally ^^

The rest of the flashback was really quick but their was sudden pause to those moments, thus to me, there is a meaning.

And no, Kallen's chara song take all of her sense since she finally understood everything when she saws Zero

*Dance the happiness dance*

I didn't care about a Kalulu ending, I just wanted to see a closure and an understanding xD Finally we even had this flashback \o/
10/10 (even 11 to Nunally's cuteness)

Old 2008-09-28, 07:16   Link #14397
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

the damage control is huge in thread relax everyone
Old 2008-09-28, 07:17   Link #14398
Arkard

Quote:
Oh yeah, I wanted to note... for anybody who thought Kallen wasn't close enough to Lelouch to get in on Zero Requiem, now it makes TOTAL sense why she wasn't included in it.

These are just my thoughts, though.. I don't even mean this in a Lelouch/Kallen sense, I'm just thinking Kallen = good person
I think she would have respected him for the part he played in what Lelouch wanted. He "died" to serve his best friend, remained behind to protect his sister, and added more awesomeness to the legend of Zero. Now that I think about it, Diethard really got what he had coming to him. He's probably screaming from hell right now.

She can forgive him because essentially, Lelouch did and would have wanted her to as well.

Last edited by Arkard; 2008-09-28 at 07:32.
Old 2008-09-28, 07:18   Link #14399
yondy

Quote:
I'm looking forward to her song and some Picture Dramas to expand on what was left out.

Yup. Also for the loyal Kalulus, keep in mind that we should be happy for our fellow board members of other pairings too, I mean, the ending was so fricking ambiguous that it could support Lelouch x Shirley Glad that everyone got a piece of the pie... er or is it Lelouch? I hope they unban some of the non troll members that got caught up as casualties in the crossfire.
Same here, love Kallen's character song(can't stop listening to it in youtube lol), and I hope they unban those people. It's frustrating to see some of non-trolls getting banned while I still see legit trolls lurking around.
yondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 07:21   Link #14400
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Oh yeah, I wanted to note... for anybody who thought Kallen wasn't close enough to Lelouch to get in on Zero Requiem, now it makes TOTAL sense why she wasn't included in it. Aside from the fact that she's not the lead female character, lol...

So her role is to be duped by Lelouch and Suzaku. Also how did Suzaku and Lelouch know that Kallen would not actually going to "kill" Suzaku? Did they alter their plans a bit after the battle? You make it sound like Kallen was originally part of Zero Requiem which I can't see how that is possible since they can't predict her role in all this.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote