Notices

Old 2007-12-27, 15:52   Link #41
Icarisain
Shizuru Supporter #43

Send a message via MSN to Icarisain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore_Obsessed View Post
Ok, I'm lost with White Alice/Black Alice
Wikipedia says White Alice was earlier period and Black Alice is recent period. But Bianca is White alice even if it's a 2006 song?
And, the songs you list are White Alice or Black Alice?
Well, just to correct you, Bianca was released way back in 1992 on Gekka no Ichigun, so that would be one of the band's earlier songs. It just happens to make quite a few repeated appearances on their later albums.

The main difference between White/Black is the style of the song and its lyrics. For example, the lyrics of Koi Seyo Otome and Peking LOVERS, to name two examples (I think there are better examples *sigh*) have quite different tones.
Icarisain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 14:42   Link #42
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarisain View Post
Well, just to correct you, Bianca was released way back in 1992 on Gekka no Ichigun, so that would be one of the band's earlier songs. It just happens to make quite a few repeated appearances on their later albums.

The main difference between White/Black is the style of the song and its lyrics. For example, the lyrics of Koi Seyo Otome and Peking LOVERS, to name two examples (I think there are better examples *sigh*) have quite different tones.
Thanks for the kind explanations!
Excluding RM songs, I'm still a newbie to Alipro, so I thought it was released on Romance in 2006, lol

Which album do you think I should start listening to? When did the White/Black transition became really evident?
Old 2007-12-28, 21:08   Link #43
Icarisain
Shizuru Supporter #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore_Obsessed View Post
Which album do you think I should start listening to? When did the White/Black transition became really evident?
Can't really say which album you should start from, since personal tastes differ, but I would think that Gensou Teien (their first album) isn't a bad choice. Gekka no Ichigun is good also, I had some tracks from there before obtaining their discography. However, their style from then is going to sound different from what you're used to, most probably.

As for the transition, maybe it's a matter of perspective...never did know when Arika-san's quote about it was dated. I would think it (the transition) was during the late 90s.

Last edited by Icarisain; 2007-12-30 at 04:00.
Old 2007-12-30, 00:58   Link #44
nchan

i recently fell in love with their songs. just cannot have enough of them.
nchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 17:38   Link #45
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

I actually love the mix of modern and classical.... and the lyrics are always quite interesting (and at times horribly complex to translate) ..

I really enjoyed the cd "Grand Finale" ... yes it's almost musical or theater in sounds... but it is still wonderful... it has things like Gesshoku Grand Guignol and Seishoujo Ryouiki ... both sound amazing in the orchestrated fashion. At the moment I'd say Ali Project is probably my 3rd favorite Japanese group.
todkapuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 05:39   Link #46
Icarisain
Shizuru Supporter #43

An update to bump this thread:

コトダマ (Kotodama), alipro's next single, is slated for a January 23 release. It is the OP for the anime シゴフミ (Shigofumi), and has a B-side コヒブミ (Kohibumi).

EDIT: Heard part of it on Nico, sounds quite promising.

Last edited by Icarisain; 2008-01-11 at 07:28.
Old 2008-01-24, 08:11   Link #47
nchan

Another update to bump this thread:

they'll be performing at Sakura-Con, in Seattle, WA. Link..http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pres...guests-scandal
Old 2008-09-18, 09:46   Link #48
Takari

Though I'm new and my opinion may not mean much, I'd have to agree with Thomas Jefferson. They're hit or miss =/. Their earlier songs don't excite my soul like their new ones.

Boukoku Kakusei Catharsis is my favorite song of theirs..I wish it wasn't used for an anime though =/. It's a shame I missed them performing live, that would've been so awesome.. By the one, I've noticed one of their songs have pieces in them that sound like they were taken from Phantom of the Opera ^^. "Kinjirareta Asobi" for example, 1:30-1:40. I forgot which song, but it sounds almost exact.

Anyways, can someone help me find these albums? I'm looking for Rose Crucifixion, Psychedelic Insanity, Forbidden Literature

Last edited by Takari; 2008-09-18 at 10:05.
Takari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 01:21   Link #49
Icarisain
Shizuru Supporter #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takari View Post
Though I'm new and my opinion may not mean much, I'd have to agree with Thomas Jefferson. They're hit or miss =/. Their earlier songs don't excite my soul like their new ones.

Boukoku Kakusei Catharsis is my favorite song of theirs..I wish it wasn't used for an anime though =/. It's a shame I missed them performing live, that would've been so awesome.. By the one, I've noticed one of their songs have pieces in them that sound like they were taken from Phantom of the Opera ^^. "Kinjirareta Asobi" for example, 1:30-1:40. I forgot which song, but it sounds almost exact.

Anyways, can someone help me find these albums? I'm looking for Rose Crucifixion, Psychedelic Insanity, Forbidden Literature
a little OT: maybe it's a matter of personal opinion, but I find it better to refer to the albums' romanized titles rather than their translated forms...no offense.

Can you handle torrents? Googling "eac", "mp3" or whatever format you want the songs to be in, plus the titles, should turn up quite a few results. Else, drop me a PM and I'll try directing you elsewhere (my uploads keep crashing for large files, so it's hard to put them up on servers).

Has anyone here listened to Kinsho yet? It was pretty neat IMO, but rather trippy and experimental at the same time (metal?!) with less repeated hooks/choruses as compared to, say, some of their anime OPs/EDs. The best way I can think of to describe the album is "poetry put to music" hahah
Old 2008-09-29, 19:56   Link #50
BlazingSoul
Life is both joy/sorrow

Send a message via AIM to BlazingSoul
I love that group. They are one of my favorite artists. Gloomy may they be... Maybe that's what I like about them.
BlazingSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 10:25   Link #51
nchan

Kinsho is not bad. I like about 7 songs from this album. I think their last album was better.
Old 2008-10-01, 13:37   Link #52
grunty

I much prefer Kinsho over Psychedelic Insanity.
grunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 12:14   Link #53
amjzz

The music of this group is really good...

Anyone knows which genre they play? most of their songs sound gothic and instrumental, i dont know any other group that plays that kind of genre...
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 21:19   Link #54
Dark_Cloud_00

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
The music of this group is really good...

Anyone knows which genre they play? most of their songs sound gothic and instrumental, i dont know any other group that plays that kind of genre...
i think the best way to describe their genre is neo classical darkwave with ali project you get alot depending on the cd. I like the Dali and Aristocracy cd's most of all. I feel in love after hearing Kopperia no Hitsugi on ALR If anyone has links to DL the newest cd's that'd be cool
Dark_Cloud_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 20:48   Link #55
Narona
Emotionless White Face

I don't know a lot of songs by Ali Project, but I really like the two songs (Yuukyo seishunka and Waga Routashi Aku no Hana) used as Ending in Code Geass and Code Geass R2
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 21:10   Link #56
Shadow Kira01

Most of Ali Project's songs are quite gloomy. Its like her trademark.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 12:05   Link #57
Mon Cheri
nope
*Graphic Designer

I like Ali Project a lot, they have many good songs.
One of my favorite japanese groups.
Mon Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 03:47   Link #58
kawaii_mg

Send a message via Yahoo to kawaii_mg
i think Ali projects style is quite unique
kawaii_mg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 18:11   Link #59
moichispa
Endless witch

Hey

I adore Ali project stuff too but more the non anime theme. Yeah from anime I like baragoku otome but I love thy string albums Romance the most and songs like ange noir or Yuri to Uguisu. also likes a lot dilettante and ...insanity mmand the track soubikakei.

more amazing videos playing ali pro ohemes on youtube (piano)

Baragoku otome: short version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-CMI...eature=related

Rozen maiden traumed op (I forget the name sorry) " piano at twince:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iykwDZS749Q

Another theme:

Ali project international Fan page project

A project for create a web&forum about ali project here:

http://aliprojectfanpageproject.blogspot.com/
moichispa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 00:48   Link #60
Astrid Widjaja
Anime 4eva