AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-02, 01:12   Link #3141
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Out of all the BKs there, I think only Tamaki wouldn't be able to figure it out given enough clues.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 01:15   Link #3142
Deliberation
I'm trying to find you..

Send a message via MSN to Deliberation
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
I am curious, for the people who believe that Lulu is alive...

Does this mean one does not need a contract with someone in order to have their code?
Charles and Lulu never had a contract....

When Charles was taking C.C's code, he was already immortal, not a geass user like Lulu...

So someone explain!! I am curious and confused
Apparently according to Marianne. You need 2 Codes to guarantee achievement of Ragnarok. Thus the reason why he's taking C.C's code. That is why it's not impossible if Lelouch actually took Charles's code. @_@ Maybe they only can do it Sword of Akasha..

Emperor Lelouch & Empress C.C ♠
King of Clubs & Queen of Hearts

Deliberation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 01:22   Link #3143
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliberation View Post
Apparently according to Marianne. You need 2 Codes to guarantee achievement of Ragnarok. Thus the reason why he's taking C.C's code. That is why it's not impossible if Lelouch actually took Charles's code. @_@ Maybe they only can do it Sword of Akasha..
huh? can you explain further please? sorry..

I know why Charles could take C.C's.. but what I fail to see is how is it possible for Charles to transfer his code to a non-contract person? its called a contract.. yes they can be broken, but to complete one in the first place, you must have one.. Lulu and Charles I mean..
Old 2008-10-02, 01:23   Link #3144
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:

I know why Charles could take C.C's.. but what I fail to see is how is it possible for Charles to transfer his code to a non-contract person? its called a contract.. yes they can be broken, but to complete one in the first place, you must have one.. Lulu and Charles I mean..
I get the feeling the whole contract bit is more formal than anything.
Old 2008-10-02, 01:24   Link #3145
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
Except, you know, Tohdoh was pretty flat out knowing of having the full idea, as were the other OBK from their reactions. Kallen just insisted out of loyalty.

Keep trying, though!
he understood, probably, that Zero was Suzaku, but that he was about to question it shows he wasn't quite sure why. Kallen understood that him being Zero was all that was important.
Old 2008-10-02, 01:27   Link #3146
Vakir

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
he understood, probably, that Zero was Suzaku, but that he was about to question it shows he wasn't quite sure why. Kallen understood that him being Zero was all that was important.
That's a rather large assumption to jump to, there. More shocked incredulity than confusion of the meaning.

"It appears there's a rather large nuclear missile headed for us."
"Don't tell me that..."
"OMG, we're all going to die!"

Clearly the third person there gets it more than the second. No, wait, they don't.
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 01:27   Link #3147
Deliberation
I'm trying to find you..

Send a message via MSN to Deliberation
Quote:

Hmmm is was never stated actually. Bleh..... I guess it's because they are in Sword of Akasha. That is why they can do it without making any contract. But nothing is stated. That is one thing bad about these series. There's like a bajillion things not explained.

Emperor Lelouch & Empress C.C ♠
King of Clubs & Queen of Hearts

Deliberation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 01:28   Link #3148
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
That's a rather large assumption to jump to, there. More shocked incredulity than confusion of the meaning.

"It appears there's a rather large nuclear missile headed for us."
"Don't tell me that..."
"OMG, we're all going to die!"

Clearly the third person there gets it more than the second. No, wait, they don't.
Hardly an accurate comparison. One's "hey it's a missile", the other is "why the hell is Zero killing Lelouch?" Tohdoh was clearly confused, Kallen cleared it up.
Old 2008-10-02, 01:32   Link #3149
Vakir

Quote:
Hardly an accurate comparison. One's "hey it's a missile", the other is "why the hell is Zero killing Lelouch?" Tohdoh was clearly confused, Kallen cleared it up.
Except it's perfectly accurate. There's nothing to indicate confusion. And the reactions of the OBK and others tell the whole story. As does C.C.'s talk on Kaguya's kindness in knowing Lelouch's true nature before Lelouch himself interrupts with FLEIJA, another meaningful scene. The other characters aren't blind. They're rather aware of Lelouch's nature.
Old 2008-10-02, 01:36   Link #3150
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Except it's perfectly accurate. There's nothing to indicate confusion. And the reactions of the OBK and others tell the whole story. As does C.C.'s talk on Kaguya's kindness in knowing Lelouch's true nature before Lelouch himself interrupts with FLEIJA, another meaningful scene. The other characters aren't blind. They're rather aware of Lelouch's nature.
Tohdoh's face is fairly confused when he's trying to rationalize what has happened. We don't get a shot of the others, other than them yelling inaudibly. As for Lelouch's nature, the only idea they have of that is an off-hand comment by Schneizel that he's the type to take all the burden upon himself and push others away, and that was swept aside by their following anger at Lelouch betraying them.
Old 2008-10-02, 01:40   Link #3151
Vakir

Quote:
Tohdoh's face is fairly confused when he's trying to rationalize what has happened.
Seems incredulous to me. Combined with what he's actually saying? Let's think rationally.

Quote:
We don't get a shot of the others, other than them yelling inaudibly.
Ohgi and Xing Ke looking pained and shocked. Kaguya and Tianzi disturbed and sorrowful. The only person with inaudible yelling is Tamaki, and he's pretty much as useful for evidence as a bowl of cabbage. Many of them look GENUINELY distressed, and not just because they saw someone get skewered on a FAAAABULOUS~ looking sword. I apologize that Kallen is not Jesus with L-level deductive skills, but seriously. She's not exclusive here.
Old 2008-10-02, 01:52   Link #3152
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Seems incredulous to me. Combined with what he's actually saying? Let's think rationally.

Ohgi and Xing Ke looking pained and shocked. Kaguya and Tianzi disturbed and sorrowful. The only person with inaudible yelling is Tamaki, and he's pretty much as useful for evidence as a bowl of cabbage. Many of them look GENUINELY distressed, and not just because they saw someone get skewered on a FAAAABULOUS~ looking sword. I apologize that Kallen is not Jesus with L-level deductive skills, but seriously. She's not exclusive here.
Tianzi looks away. She's a kid after all. Xingke turns to her rather than the scene at hand. Kaguya's description is fairly accurate, and she's just plain shocked when the deed is done, same as Kallen. Ohgi's hard to read. Looks like he just says a single word. Tamaki... eh.

The only real reactions we get after are Tohdoh and Kallen. Tohdoh's phrase indicates he's referring to a person, meaning he was stuck on who Zero was, rather than the point of the whole charade. Kallen took the scene for what it really was, which is why she finished his incomplete thought with the proper answer.

We could roundabout this all day. I'll admit that the others, particularly Kaguya, might have gotten the point eventually, but they focus on Kallen in the scene for a reason. She knew Lelouch well enough to know what he was aiming at right off the bat, which is why she is the one correcting Tohdoh. As for the rest, shock is only natural when the tyrant Emperor is killed in broad daylight by supposedly-dead, Knightmare-dodging, super Zero.
Old 2008-10-02, 01:56   Link #3153
Vakir

Quote:
We could roundabout this all day. I'll admit that the others, particularly Kaguya, might have gotten the point eventually, but they focus on Kallen in the scene for a reason. She knew Lelouch well enough to know what he was aiming at right off the bat, which is why she is the one correcting Tohdoh. As for the rest, shock is only natural when the tyrant Emperor is killed in broad daylight by supposedly-dead, Knightmare-dodging, super Zero.
Two seconds of dialogue is focus? People really do think this is Code Guren.

P.S. While a festering wimp, 15-16ish is old enough for a Chinese girl to know what death looks like. "Kid."
Old 2008-10-02, 02:00   Link #3154
SuperJiwon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
They already had that moment when Zero disappeared. The expressions I was talking about was when Zero was beginning to thrust the sword into Lelouch. It looked a lot like protesting to it. Though Tamaki may have looked like he was cheering Zero on... I don't know. Tamaki's expression was hard to read for me.
I bet it was "It's the REAL Zero here to save us!!". Ah Tamaki, you will remain the court jester of the Black Knights forever more...
SuperJiwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 02:05   Link #3155
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
P.S. While a festering wimp, 15-16ish is old enough for a Chinese girl to know what death looks like. "Kid."
She's 13, and horribly sheltered.
Old 2008-10-02, 02:06   Link #3156
Vakir

Quote:
She's 13, and horribly sheltered.
Could've sworn she was a similar age to Kaguya. And horribly sheltered, you still usually have that concept in mind.

By the way, two seconds still isn't focus.
Old 2008-10-02, 02:17   Link #3157
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Could've sworn she was a similar age to Kaguya. And horribly sheltered, you still usually have that concept in mind.

By the way, two seconds still isn't focus.
Nope, 13, there's an age chart in Koshimizu's blog. Doesn't mean she'd want to look if she wasn't sheltered, either way. As for the focus, this is Code Geass. Two seconds is a lot more meaningful than it normally would be, particularly when, other than Tohdoh, she's the only one that actually says anything about the situation beyond "Zero?!"
Old 2008-10-02, 02:28   Link #3158
Vakir

Quote:
Two seconds is a lot more meaningful than it normally would be, particularly when, other than Tohdoh, she's the only one that actually says anything about the situation beyond "Zero?!"
Yes, I'm sure they wanted to yell to each other over the parade of people on either side of the execution lineups for the benefit of the audience's exposition.

You're completely ignoring EVERYONE'S reaction (sans Tianzi and Bowlofcabagemaki).
Old 2008-10-02, 02:47   Link #3159
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Yes, I'm sure they wanted to yell to each other over the parade of people on either side of the execution lineups for the benefit of the audience's exposition.

You're completely ignoring EVERYONE'S reaction (sans Tianzi and Bowlofcabagemaki).
More like I don't take as much stock in muted reactions, especially when you really cant make out what they're saying (well, Rivalz and Kallen are more than likely saying Lelouch in that part). We haven't even mentioned Cornelia, who jumps on the scene when Zero is about to kill Lelouch. At the very least, she knows how work the crowd there. I suppose I should cover all of their muted reactions, though.

Kaguya: Despair I'd say, then shock.

Kallen: Calls out for Lelouch, then same as Kaguya.

Milly: Shock.

Nunnally: Also shock. She also has to touch Lelouch's hand to get the point.

Ohgi: Calls out single word. Don't think it's Lelouch because the movement isn't long enough. Zero maybe.

Rivalz: Calls Lelouch, I figure.

Tamaki: This guy gets a whole line, and is just impossible to get a good read on.

Tianzi and Xingke: Tianzi looks away, he looks at her. He's fairly straight-faced before that.

I think that covers the silent ones. Cornelia and Nunnally aside, they only show Kallen and Tohdoh after that.
Old 2008-10-02, 03:53   Link #3160
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
I can't read all the comments but are we arguing that OotBK get what Lulu was really planning to do or not getting it? {except Kallen}
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote