AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-29, 09:47   Link #181
ryuutohime

The idea of Aizen and anyone is creepy to me. Very creepy. Momo obviously adores him, but to me it seems like this whole complicated web of affections being thrown all over the shop with the Bleach coterie.

Momo likes Aizen. That's beyond doubt, right?

Hitsugaya is fond of Momo - we have no way really to know how fond.

Kira is also fond of Momo. This may be a wild sweeping of mine, but I'm really beginning to think (considering his reaction in prison after raising his sword at her, and his preoccupation with Gin assuring him she wouldn't be hurt/her getting hurt) there's something in that too.

There's Rangiku and Gin. I find that also slightly disturbing, to be honest, since Gin is a random shinigami slaughterer, but I find it less disturbing than Rangiku and Hitsugaya :S

I would pair Orihime with Ishida (erm, see sign in name, lol) and Renji with Rukia. I don't really mind Rukia being paired with Ichigo or Orihime, either - I'm not militant about any pairing. I just thought Orihime and Ishida were cute in Soul Society. And Renji is always cute where Rukia's concerned...bless him.

I've heard people mention Chad and Orihime too. I think they definitely have a bond, although Chad doesn't get talked about in relationship terms at all, really.

Rukia had a thing for Kaien, of course. And possibly still does and is transferring that feeling onto Ichigo because of their similarities.

Kubo Tite has said that romance isn't the focus of his writing, though, so I don't know as he plans to develop anything into a mainstream story. That Orihime came out and confessed the crush that'd obviously been there since episode 1 was surprising enough for me, even though Ichigo didn't hear it.

Ryuu
Old 2008-09-30, 04:15   Link #182
RingoPango
=w=

^ I've always thought that Hitsugaya's like Rangiku and Gin's son XD

Hitsugaya and Gin's quite similar in ways.
Rangiku takes good care of Hitsugaya but I don't think she's romantically interested in him. She loves Gin.
Old 2008-09-30, 07:28   Link #183
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

I have an undying love for the RukiaXRenji pairing.

Its obvious. I think its realllyyyyy cute :3
Old 2008-09-30, 09:25   Link #184
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOrder View Post
I have an undying love for the RukiaXRenji pairing.

Its obvious. I think its realllyyyyy cute :3
You do? I rarely see big RenRuki lovers lately. Would you share what you see in them? I'm interested. I've never read actual RenRuki lover's opinion.
Old 2008-09-30, 11:06   Link #185
Lafine
Crack pairing is fun =)

Man, you guys really think all the reason for your pairing thoroughly. I only shipped pairings because I think it would be interesting... *feels ashamed*

Well, I don't think there is going to be any official pairing in Bleach but UlquiHime and Byaruki is the pairing I'm rooting for aside from Ichiruki (it's clashing with Byaruki, I know). Amirali wrote the whole reason for Ulquihime very nicely and well, I don't think Byaruki as incest 'cause they don't share the same blood and even though they've been living together for 50 years and Rukia calls him "Niisama", I don't think she ever thought of him as one. Probably think of him as someone she had to respect but not as a brother. Well, it might change after SS arc but the time they spent together before HM arc is incredibly short for them to feel like real siblings. Just my 2 cents, though.

What I need now is more UlquiHime interaction! Gawd, KT, please shift the attention back to HM
Old 2008-09-30, 11:20   Link #186
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
Man, you guys really think all the reason for your pairing thoroughly. I only shipped pairings because I think it would be interesting... *feels ashamed*
Don't be ashamed. I know we do this. But why not focus on details? I read TOO deep into Kubo's manga.

Quote:
Well, I don't think there is going to be any official pairing in Bleach but UlquiHime and Byaruki is the pairing I'm rooting for aside from Ichiruki (it's clashing with Byaruki, I know). Amirali wrote the whole reason for Ulquihime very nicely and well, I don't think Byaruki as incest 'cause they don't share the same blood and even though they've been living together for 50 years and Rukia calls him "Niisama", I don't think she ever thought of him as one. Probably think of him as someone she had to respect but not as a brother. Well, it might change after SS arc but the time they spent together before HM arc is incredibly short for them to feel like real siblings. Just my 2 cents, though.
I find UlquiOri oddly romantic while many people even if find their relationship interesting and attractive don't agree with me. If not what they say to each other, at least the panels deidcated to them are romantic yet mysterious. Amirali did great job explaining why the pairing is far from crack-it doesn't fall into any cathegory, it's not a stereotype and it's so complex and weird. Too unique not to love.
As for ByaRuki, he protects her not because of romantic feelings but because he promised to Hisana and he loved her more than anything. Rukia is Hisana's only sibling and her guilt.
I'll never believe in a pairing in which one part tried to kill the other because of a promise to someone or beacuse of pride.
Also, they are TOO alike. I shouldn't be shallow but they both have blue eyes, black hair, they always have that kind of determined but cold expression and they are so siblings-like.
Also, there aren't much interactions. That's why I hardly see any romance from both sides especially considering Rukia has bigger chances with some other males.
Old 2008-09-30, 12:35   Link #187
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
Also, they are TOO alike. I shouldn't be shallow but they both have blue eyes, black hair, they always have that kind of determined but cold expression and they are so siblings-like.
Also, there aren't much interactions. That's why I hardly see any romance from both sides especially considering Rukia has bigger chances with some other males.
Besides that, Rukia has only ever shown an interest in males who are the exact opposite (attitude wise) of her brother. (ie: Kaien, Ichigo, etc.) She likes em brash, loud and arrogant because they bring her out of her shell like Renji used to when they were kids.
Old 2008-09-30, 12:38   Link #188
Lafine
Crack pairing is fun =)

Hahaha, I do think Rukia has bigger chances with other males as well (Ichigo or Renji).

Hmmm, how should I say it... Let's just say, if the Kuchiki family push them to marry (hypothetically. That kind of stuff will only going to happen in fanfic/doujin), I believe both of them will follow through the decision for the good of the family. Their relationship in marriage will probably be based on trust and duty. Even if love grow between them, it won't be the passionate kind that will burn their soul but the peaceful kind that one get from knowing one's partner well. I kind of like that kind of situation hence why I like Byaruki.

If you asked me, romance based factually on manga, I'll go Ichiruki all the way Byaruki is just my fangirl's dream.
Old 2008-09-30, 15:07   Link #189
Scarlett_Rain55

I think Ulqhime is hot, but it's not my OTP...Though I guess you can say I wouldn't be bothered if they ended up together. Just as long as Ichigo stays away from RUKIA! Sorry Ichigo&Rukia. Don't kill me!
Old 2008-09-30, 20:00   Link #190
RingoPango
=w=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Besides that, Rukia has only ever shown an interest in males who are the exact opposite (attitude wise) of her brother. (ie: Kaien, Ichigo, etc.) She likes em brash, loud and arrogant because they bring her out of her shell like Renji used to when they were kids.
Yupe I think Rukia likes those type of guys ^^
I think Ichiruki and Ichihime's the biggest debate...

but I want more Grimmhime!!!
Yeah shift the attention back to HM ^^ and bring Grimmjow back.
Old 2008-09-30, 23:37   Link #191
Le_Rukia

Location: I am living life and having a ball ... wondering why Lent isn't two weeks vs 8
Send a message via MSN to Le_Rukia
hey let me throw this out there..
have you ever thought of Rukia having to particpate in an arranged marriage.. she is apart of one of the high ranking families....
Old 2008-09-30, 23:44   Link #192
DM-Dragon

Smile

I'm really into GinRan actually. I know it's an odd pair... and I know it will be a sad one and everything... but I don't know... I just got into it.
the reasons...
1) They are almost the same age... we know that they are because there's a childhood ark about them. Ppl in SS have different age varaeties... and I kinda feel weird when I hear an old shinigami paired with a VERY young one... like +300 age difference. It will be like kissing a baby for the older one... if you know what I mean. I'm not really against it.... but you know... it is more likely if you are close in age...
2) They were childhood friends. It looks like they care for eachother as well... Like when Gin says sorry to Rangiku... or when Rangiku dreams about him... And, isn't it funny? Ichimaru Gin saving somebody? Well... maybe he had a different personality when he was young...lol. But he still retreats when Rangiku comes to aid Hitsugaya... right? He didn't need to retreat, he didn't even use his Bankai yet. It's a mystery...
3) He told Kira to keep Matsumoto occupied. He didn't want her to come for some reason. Why was it? Was she a threat? I don't think so. Aizen can kill her in a flash.
4) Some people like HitsuRan but remember, Rangiku was the one who found Hitsugaya and told him to go in the academy. That doesn't proove anything though...lol.
5) Ichimaru Gin is just so mysterious. He makes me want to look into him more. Oh yeah. Gin and Rangiku both liked dried persimons. Isn't that cute? It is because that was the food that Gin first gave to Rangiku when he found her. There are a lot more of their childhood scenes... like the birthday scene. Rangiku's birthday is 9/29th (just passed) and also the day when Gin and Rangiku met.
6) Gin asked Rukia if she was scared of dying on that bridge. He said that people get scared to die when they want to protect somebody. Please recall the first scene Gin was in, the scene with Zaraki Kenpachi, Kuchiki Byakuya, and Ichimaru Gin. Kenpachi said Gin was affraid of dying. Is that because he has something to protect? Or is it because he's just scared to die?
... Yeah... well I can't prove anything but see? GinRan is full of mysteries... we don't even know if they like each other! Maybe Gin's gay... no one knows yet.lol. But I really LOVE GinRan... and I wish they get a scene at the end... even though they don't get a really happy ending.
I mean.. they can't... Gin's on the current "bad" side. And bad guys usually die... unless they swich sides... but I don't think Gin will do that. Pretty sad. I wish Gin dosen't kill Rangiku... it's much better the other way around because if Gin kills, he will seem evil... cause he doesn't show emotions.
I just wish all of these questions get answered someday...lol
Old 2008-10-01, 00:06   Link #193
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le_Rukia View Post
hey let me throw this out there..
have you ever thought of Rukia having to particpate in an arranged marriage.. she is apart of one of the high ranking families....
Let me throw this one out there...

When has it EVER been suggested that the noble families in SS participate in arranged marriages? Have we seen a single arranged marriage in the actual series yet? (I'm not referring to that filler garbage we just sat through for four months. I'm talking strictly to the manga and anime episodes based on it). No... we haven't. So the probability of Rukia being forced into an arranged marriage, particularly when her "brother" chose to marry whomever he pleased, is non-existent.
Old 2008-10-01, 12:40   Link #194
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Let me throw this one out there...

When has it EVER been suggested that the noble families in SS participate in arranged marriages? Have we seen a single arranged marriage in the actual series yet? (I'm not referring to that filler garbage we just sat through for four months. I'm talking strictly to the manga and anime episodes based on it). No... we haven't. So the probability of Rukia being forced into an arranged marriage, particularly when her "brother" chose to marry whomever he pleased, is non-existent.
Given that it was implied that he went against the wishes of the clan elders when he married, arranged marriages in the noble house may well be the norm.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-10-01, 15:29   Link #195
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Given that it was implied that he went against the wishes of the clan elders when he married, arranged marriages in the noble house may well be the norm.
Because she was a street person (for lack of a better definition) and the Kuchiki family is all about its pride. It'd be like if Prince William or Harry of Britain announced they were marrying a penniless nobody from the streets of Camden. You can bet your British ass the Queen (and most of Britain) would express strong reservations towards the match.

Nobility like to see their family marry into other noble or well-to-do families but it doesn't mean they practice arranged marriages.
Old 2008-10-03, 00:26   Link #196
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuutohime View Post
The idea of Aizen and anyone is creepy to me. Very creepy.
You must be male and hetero. Because Aizen is hot with anyone....even Yachiru.

Ohhhh Aizen-sama! What I wouldn't give to be impaled by his reiatsu. For the love god....TAKE ME TAKE ME!

Got wound up...
Quote:
I've heard people mention Chad and Orihime too. I think they definitely have a bond, although Chad doesn't get talked about in relationship terms at all, really..
CRACK PARING FTW!
Quote:
Rukia had a thing for Kaien, of course. And possibly still does and is transferring that feeling onto Ichigo because of their similarities.
I agree she saw similarities but she loves Ichigo for himself. Her relationship with him is nothing like the one she had with Kaien. It's much deeper...

Quote:
Kubo Tite has said that romance isn't the focus of his writing, though, so I don't know as he plans to develop anything into a mainstream story. That Orihime came out and confessed the crush that'd obviously been there since episode 1 was surprising enough for me, even though Ichigo didn't hear it.

Ryuu
Er ... He said there are more interesting aspects of their characters to focus on than romance. He didn't say it wasn't the focus just he rather not delve into it We call that dodging the question
Old 2008-10-03, 03:32   Link #197
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm going have to say that Bleach has the most crack pairings out of any anime/manga, I've ever seen. Its almost scary...
Old 2008-10-03, 04:22   Link #198
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I'm going have to say that Bleach has the most crack pairings out of any anime/manga, I've ever seen. Its almost scary...
*HOLY WONDERS DO HAPPEN... BATMAN!*

HT we agree.

I think Chad & Orihime rank right up there with Hiyori and Shinji...scary just scary.

Believe or not Ichigo has more parings than anyone. <---Just too sexy.

All lot of em are crack... *Will leave out redundant shipper comment that will more than likely get me banned, even if we are only mortal enemies in certain threads*

Boring isn't it?

Old 2008-10-03, 04:36   Link #199
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
I really don't mind crack pairings...just don't show me anything with yamamoto. I think it would break my fragile mind.
Old 2008-10-03, 04:39   Link #200
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
I really don't mind crack pairings...just don't show me anything with yamamoto. I think it would break my fragile mind.
If you want to be honest...I always thought the 1st' squad vice looks like an (his) Uke... *Ugh*

Oh maybe we will learn his name one day.
Closed Thread