AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-08, 16:57   Link #141
Isis&Osiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Flame
Temari = 15, Shika = 13, what a freakin pimp!!
its the other way around. he's getting pimped twice. first, he forfeits then he gets saved.

Isis&Osiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 17:09   Link #142
rikudark

I don't think Gaara will beat Kimi, though he might make him go to lv.2 seal. I mean, at lv.1 seal those bones almost pierced Gaara's shield...and those were only finger bones, not even sharp
rikudark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 17:27   Link #143
Kouji
StrykerX

He's a lucky guy, having Temari go and rescue him. ^_^.
Old 2004-05-08, 18:47   Link #144
CommS007

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikudark
I don't think Gaara will beat Kimi, though he might make him go to lv.2 seal. I mean, at lv.1 seal those bones almost pierced Gaara's shield...and those were only finger bones, not even sharp
I think they (Gaara and Rock) can handle not so healthy kimi :3
Those bones were slowed and dropped slowly with little and a thin sand shield, Gaara's shield showing off, matrix-style, pff bone bullets nothingness!

Ofcourse we'll have to wait to see what kind of surprises and feats everyone will whip out.
CommS007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 18:58   Link #145
realdeal
The Real Deal

Id hate to see lee just sit back on this one, but i have a feeling he will cos of what hap with shiki and temari. However it could be argued that shiki or kiba werent in fighting condition whilst lee still is.
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 20:11   Link #146
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
I don't think Temari would nesscarely like him back though. I mean, its the sort of deal, where Tsunade likes Naruto. I think she thinks he's cute, but wouldn't really go for him. Then again, he IS mature, but still. I like him with Ino. He seems so whipped by her, even if he doesn't admit it. Like when she gives him a death glare and he goes quickly appologizes for what he said about sasuke. Then of course complains about it in his head going "this sucks. you say one bad thing about sasuke, and she flies off the handle." XD

(not a spoiler, but I want to show what I'm talking about and it's off-topic)

Spoiler:

Last edited by MidoriShinobi; 2004-05-08 at 20:21.
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 20:32   Link #147
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
I don't know about you guys but in page 16 there what I think is a animal. Did Temari summon it or is it the bad quality of this manga that make me see weird things.
She summoned a bear/weasel creature
Old 2004-05-08, 22:25   Link #148
rock and stones

i would say a weasel or a ferret... bears dun have that long a tail...
rock and stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 22:33   Link #149
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Where can i download a good quality one? The baka one looked like the scan job was really rough. Especially the first few slides.
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 23:16   Link #150
Vstylex
Resident Dumbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Where can i download a good quality one? The baka one looked like the scan job was really rough. Especially the first few slides.
You'll have to wait for the Inane version to come out in the next couple of days.
Vstylex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 23:41   Link #151
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vstylex
You'll have to wait for the Inane version to come out in the next couple of days.

I just got into the manga. What is the pacing like? Do they release a chapter a week? If so thats really really really slow.
Old 2004-05-08, 23:59   Link #152
Gai-Kakashi

Phfft, It's nothing compared to waiting for Star Wars comics.
Gai-Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 00:17   Link #153
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
I just got into the manga. What is the pacing like? Do they release a chapter a week? If so thats really really really slow.
Well, you can't get what you always want. You just need to be patient. But I know that Kishi didn't want to reveal much of the story by releasing it twice per week.
Old 2004-05-09, 00:18   Link #154
Icer

Quote:
Just like every other manga in Shonen Jump, even if he wanted to put out 10 chapters a week he couldn't.
Could be worse, could be in V-Jump where there is one issue a month.
Icer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 00:26   Link #155
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
One a week is slow? What the hell are you on? I cant think of any comics of merit that release more frequently than once a week.

Back to the chapter though, Im pretty certain that Sakon/Ukon and Tayuya are all very dead. Much like Jirobou and Kidomaru. We've seen all they have to offer, and they've done their 'bit', the only one of the sounds who seems like he'll have any kind of story or anything is Kimimaro, Ive a feeling he wont die here; he's been built up quite a lot, and I think Kishimoto likes him (I mean, he's fought with Naruto, Gaara and Lee; the only other character to have that pleasure is Sasuke).

Temari's summon was unexpected and cool too. I knew she'd have something new, but I didnt expect a kuchiyose

Also, whoever was saying that its unrealsitic that they've learnt new moves in the time since we last saw them is obviously not paying much attention to the manga. Naruto learnt Rasengan in that same time period, and he learnt summoning in roughly the same time, at the same time Sasuke learnt Chidori. In the time since we last saw the sand Shikamaru has also learnt his Shadow Neck Bind jutsu, and Kiba learnt his SouTouRou transformation with Akamaru.

I dont see anything wrong with Temari learning a summon and Kankurou getting a new puppet / move (he may have already had the puppet but not been very handy at using two at once).
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 01:09   Link #156
A Lamer
あほぉ&

I have found that the translation is wrong for the last page of chapter 214. I present to you what they should have been:

Spoiler for <3:

Edit: forgot to resize the shika panel back down after cleaning up the page
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 01:15   Link #157
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

err what are you guys on. A chapter a week wouldnt be bad but the chapters themselves are quite short.

Theyve been 214 chapters thus far.

There are roughly 48 weeks in a year. 214 / 48 = 4.5 years.
Take away the time the spend not prodcuing anything like holidays an seasons off and were looking at 5 years.

GODDAMN. lol Naruto has been going on for 5 years?
Old 2004-05-09, 01:17   Link #158
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
err what are you guys on. A chapter a week wouldnt be bad but the chapters themselves are quite short.

Theyve been 214 chapters thus far.

There are roughly 48 weeks in a year. 214 / 48 = 4.5 years.
Take away the time the spend not prodcuing anything like holidays an seasons off and were looking at 5 years.

GODDAMN. lol Naruto has been going on for 5 years?
I dont know what calendar your country follows, but in mine, there are 52 weeks in a year. There are about 50 chapters released per year, which means its 4.2 years of naruto. There are on average 19 pages per chapter, so its far from too little.

Edit: Also, note that most american comic books are 32 pages, WITH ads. All total theres maybe 25. Most american comics are released monthly. The fact that Kishimoto has drawn and written roughtly 3852 pages of naruto in 4 years is a very impressive feet, and I dare you to do better before bitching.
Old 2004-05-09, 01:38   Link #159
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
I dont know what calendar your country follows, but in mine, there are 52 weeks in a year. There are about 50 chapters released per year, which means its 4.2 years of naruto. There are on average 19 pages per chapter, so its far from too little.

Edit: Also, note that most american comic books are 32 pages, WITH ads. All total theres maybe 25. Most american comics are released monthly. The fact that Kishimoto has drawn and written roughtly 3852 pages of naruto in 4 years is a very impressive feet, and I dare you to do better before bitching.
American comics tend to have better detail in the background, better inking jobs, and vibrant colors (no more four-color stuff).

Many mangaka's have assistants who do...quite a bit. I can't say this with certainty, but I'm pretty sure Kishimoto isn't a one-man team.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 01:48   Link #160
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
American comics tend to have better detail in the background, better inking jobs, and vibrant colors (no more four-color stuff).

Many mangaka's have assistants who do...quite a bit. I can't say this with certainty, but I'm pretty sure Kishimoto isn't a one-man team.
The backgrounds go through a lot of people to wind up like they do. Usually theres at least 10 people working on an american comic, Kishimoto has never said how many assistants he has, but my guess is he has maybe 5. Not saying kishimoto is doing too much more work than an american comic, but still, he does this weekly, and he's the one doing all of the writing, not the assistants.