AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-03, 02:28   Link #201
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

I've thought about it yes and I do hope that we're provided with a concrete resolution. On top of that our worries are the same as mine but might I also add that SK's comments made me rethink his stance on giving us a resolution.

And as for the movie... I think he realized ahead of time, probably midway through, that there was simply too much to put story into 25 Episodes. Which is why things were rushed the way they were. To address this, they probably had the movie planned out ahead of time... I doubt they would've announced it the same day as MF ended if not.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 02:41   Link #202
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

There is also the possibility of new animation and storyline coupled with intense flashback scenes that show stuff we have seen in Macross F and also perhaps flashback scenes of never before seen footage. Scenes that might fill in the gap in some places that make us the viewers go, "Oh! So that's why Character A said that to Character B later on.". That would also be a cool movie.
kilroy0097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 02:58   Link #203
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
And as for the movie... I think he realized ahead of time, probably midway through, that there was simply too much to put story into 25 Episodes. Which is why things were rushed the way they were. To address this, they probably had the movie planned out ahead of time... I doubt they would've announced it the same day as MF ended if not.
Yes but that would mean the material he didn't use is left for continuation. I agree that ending the series without properly showing what happened next, unlike SDFM, and with all of those loose ends flying around slapping fans in their sleep is unprofessional. I also believe that a remake would take much more time and effort to finalize then a continuation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
There is also the possibility of new animation and storyline coupled with intense flashback scenes that show stuff we have seen in Macross F and also perhaps flashback scenes of never before seen footage. Scenes that might fill in the gap in some places that make us the viewers go, "Oh! So that's why Character A said that to Character B later on.". That would also be a cool movie.
I don't know if this movie can fall either in remake, reminisce or new creation category

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 04:37   Link #204
kobejin

this week's famitu's interview to Kawamori

・movie is similar style to the old MACROSS movie "Do You Remember Love?"
・basically same characters and same accidents but different asspect is also drawn
(I don't know whether to become the same plot and end.)

・kawamori says
"The misunderstanding and communications gap are one of important themes of MACROSS F"
"When I make the MACROSS series, I consider the theme "Brainwash"."
"Idea that it is necessary to choose one person is stereotype in modern human society"

I confirm this article by myself.

"Idea that it is necessary to choose one person is stereotype in modern human society"
I think this part doesn't necessarily mean that movie will become same end and has no continuation.
because this is just comparison talk when he talk "Brainwash", not the answer to interviewer's skepticism to TV series end.

Forgive my poor English,please someone correct to natural English.

Last edited by kobejin; 2008-10-03 at 05:13.
kobejin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 04:46   Link #205
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Got a link?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 05:05   Link #206
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

What link? He has no link. He translated the article himself it seems.
kilroy0097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 05:19   Link #207
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I mean a link to the article in question.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-10-03, 05:29   Link #208
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

So, right now we're left to debate how conclusive the movie will be, if at all. Considering what he said though, I wouldn't hope for much.

Old 2008-10-03, 07:38   Link #209
Wesley84

Brainwash what stereotype?
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 07:59   Link #210
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

He means that people are somehow "brainwashed" into thinking that a person has to be mated with one, and only one person. Which is true... or you wouldn't have rabid shippers and shipping wars going around every franchise or coupling ever concieved by man in history.

Old 2008-10-03, 09:18   Link #211
AMDX1325
AdvancedMicroDevices1325

So now its gonna be story with no beginning and no end.....way to go "artistic aspects" (SARCASM)
AMDX1325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 09:20   Link #212
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDX1325 View Post
So now its gonna be story with no beginning and no end.....way to go "artistic aspects" (SARCASM)
I'm with you, here. Seems a very poor choice, to me, like I've stated previously. But I'll continue to hope against hope that we get a enjoyable movie.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 09:27   Link #213
AMDX1325
AdvancedMicroDevices1325

since its a movie, there better be R rated scenes.....
Old 2008-10-03, 09:42   Link #214
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
He means that people are somehow "brainwashed" into thinking that a person has to be mated with one, and only one person. Which is true... or you wouldn't have rabid shippers and shipping wars going around every franchise or coupling ever concieved by man in history.
So...he's promoting incest, pedophile, and polygamy? Not to mention transpeices...
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 09:50   Link #215
AMDX1325
AdvancedMicroDevices1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
So...he's promoting incest, pedophile, and polygamy? Not to mention transpeices...
I dunno about women, but men seems to be able to fully love more than one women at a time... Perhaps he's hinting alto likes them both and would like them both to be his company...Here's when the cat fight starts...Animal instincts my friend. We human learned to be discipline and "civilized" but don't forget where we came from. We certainly would visit our past somehow... Something looks wrong now (like killing and polygamy), was the mainstream ages ago... something to think about, really.
Old 2008-10-03, 09:53   Link #216
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Why are people still acting surprised about Kawamori 's comment? Anyone that had already watched M7 should have not been surprised by the ending of MF. Kawamori is not being inconsistent, he already pulled an unresolved LT with M7.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 09:57   Link #217
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Sorry to say that but Kawamori is obviously trying to be intellectual without having the slightest clue what the scientific background of monogamy is. Without going into detail since i'm not too familiar with the matter myself it is still to say that monogamy in modern culture is not a result of social belief but is based on evolution thus serving our genetic needs. Now i know there're exceptions and god forbid i discriminate against people but to say it bold: In the long term evolution is going to get them due to obvious disadvantages.
All in all Kawamori's statement is either just a big troll or a damn excuse for him being stubborn about bringing his own idea to life, may it arise from a need to desperately create something not according to the norm or him just not wanting to continue the LT for whatever reason.

Last edited by Waven; 2008-10-03 at 10:08.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 10:00   Link #218
AMDX1325
AdvancedMicroDevices1325

perhaps he diggs arabian culture.....
monogamy certainly developed due to different circumstances of the society. Did you notice that now, not all men can find a women? At least in asia, theres more men than women...kinda scary consider what evolution would take place next??????

A good enjoyable movie, thats all im asking for.
Old 2008-10-03, 10:05   Link #219
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDX1325 View Post
perhaps he diggs arabian culture.....
monogamy certainly developed due to different circumstances of the society. Did you notice that now, not all men can find a women? At least in asia, theres more men than women...kinda scary consider what evolution would take place next??????

A good enjoyable movie, thats all im asking for.
Except for the 'arabian culture' issue in which polygamy originates mostly from supression i don't see what your point is.

Anyway before we get into an all-out discussion about that let's better stop here, this is just a movie discussion after all sorry for the more or less off-topic.

This probably would fit better in another thread but lately i was wondering: How can there be so many good series (anime and manga) that just screw up the ending? Am i just having bad luck with picking those or is it really that hard to create an ending that satisfies most of the audience? [/rhetoricalquestion]

Last edited by Waven; 2008-10-03 at 10:20.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 10:12   Link #220
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Well, if his way of ending the series was unsatisfying for the viewers and I'm sure it was in more then one way then maybe he aims to recreate the series into something new. Maybe he'll provide some spirit of Macross this time around.