AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-09-30, 00:54   Link #6721
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

This is my desktop on my main computer:

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Vivio Testarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 11:03   Link #6722
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
did a quick change on my desktop, so, here's mine for this awesome month of October.

--------

@Skyy: that's Chuchu right? right?
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 14:43   Link #6723
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
Wow you guys have awesome backgrounds, and I've noticed a lot more people have been using vista.

@utau I just love your background and how the theme was set up.
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 20:21   Link #6724
Honda Boy Techy
I has a Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainnydaiis View Post
Wow you guys have awesome backgrounds, and I've noticed a lot more people have been using vista.
Yeah, I thought I was gonna stick to XP 32-bit a lot longer but for some reason it didn't work right on my latest rig but Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit runs like a dream. All the people that complain about Vista just don't know what they are doin cause my main rig runs PERFECTLY with Vista 64-bit and ran like crap with XP 32-bit. I also have Vista Home Basic 32-bit on on my laptop and aside from takin forever to load from a cold start, it runs great too (it loads almost instantly on my main rig though, then again SATA300 hard drives, an Athlon X2 6000+, and 4GB of RAM help in that aspect).

So in short, Vista is actually pretty good now. I like it. I just had to do some little customizations to make it perfect for me (I'm speaking of function not looks).
Honda Boy Techy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 20:55   Link #6725
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
@utau I just love your background and how the theme was set up.
lol, thanks. I'm glad you liked it

hmm, OS wise i still prefer XP. And i don't think i'll be switching to Vista any time soon.

Spoiler for sort of..:

Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 21:26   Link #6726
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
lol, thanks. I'm glad you liked it

hmm, OS wise i still prefer XP. And i don't think i'll be switching to Vista any time soon.

Spoiler for sort of..:

Lol nice image there, I actually read through it and giggled because it was pretty cute
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 21:33   Link #6727
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Quote:
I'm actually using XP on the desktop I posted. It just happens to have a Vista GUI mod to it. Honestly, my XP with the Vista GUI mod is still beating my Vista Ultimate laptop. The sad part about this is my XP is running on a single-core while my Vista Ultimate is running on a dual-core. I'm sure that if I upgraded my XP computer's specs to match my laptop's, it would blaze past Vista.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 00:18   Link #6728
Honda Boy Techy
I has a Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
I'm actually using XP on the desktop I posted. It just happens to have a Vista GUI mod to it. Honestly, my XP with the Vista GUI mod is still beating my Vista Ultimate laptop. The sad part about this is my XP is running on a single-core while my Vista Ultimate is running on a dual-core. I'm sure that if I upgraded my XP computer's specs to match my laptop's, it would blaze past Vista.
You might be surprised. That's why I switched to Vista finally. Once I got the kinks worked out (minor stuff) it was working perfectly and FASTER than my XP install in just about every way. For some reason, XP has never quite worked right on this rig but Vista x64 works perfect. BTW, this on an Athlon X2 6000+ (Dual Core), 4GB DDR2 800, 7200RPM SATA300 Hard Drives with 16MB Caches, and a GeForce 8800GT (doesn't really have to do with the overall speed but it pretty well rips through the Aero glass like it's nothing).

I've had both XP 32-bit and Vista 64-bit on this thing and Vista has proven itself better, NOW. When I first tried it back in the day before SP1 however, it was crap. Slow as hell and annoying so I went back to XP 32-bit SP2. XP didn't run as fast as I had wanted it to though (cause it seemed while in windows, my old Single Core Athlon 64 3500+, 1GB RAM system was faster using the same hard drive), but it seemed after SP3, it got slower and more irritating. 2 XP reinstalls and it still didn't work right, so I tried Vista 64-bit one more time but with SP1. Like night and day. Windows loaded faster, all my apps loaded faster, navigating folders was faster, and it even seemed to take less time to render webpages in FF3.

It seems that SP1 and all the most recent updates have fixed and improved Vista a lot and as long as you have a modern computer with a decent amount of RAM, I suggest using it.
Old 2008-10-02, 03:20   Link #6729
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Boy Techy View Post
You might be surprised. That's why I switched to Vista finally. Once I got the kinks worked out (minor stuff) it was working perfectly and FASTER than my XP install in just about every way. For some reason, XP has never quite worked right on this rig but Vista x64 works perfect. BTW, this on an Athlon X2 6000+ (Dual Core), 4GB DDR2 800, 7200RPM SATA300 Hard Drives with 16MB Caches, and a GeForce 8800GT (doesn't really have to do with the overall speed but it pretty well rips through the Aero glass like it's nothing).

I've had both XP 32-bit and Vista 64-bit on this thing and Vista has proven itself better, NOW. When I first tried it back in the day before SP1 however, it was crap. Slow as hell and annoying so I went back to XP 32-bit SP2. XP didn't run as fast as I had wanted it to though (cause it seemed while in windows, my old Single Core Athlon 64 3500+, 1GB RAM system was faster using the same hard drive), but it seemed after SP3, it got slower and more irritating. 2 XP reinstalls and it still didn't work right, so I tried Vista 64-bit one more time but with SP1. Like night and day. Windows loaded faster, all my apps loaded faster, navigating folders was faster, and it even seemed to take less time to render webpages in FF3.

It seems that SP1 and all the most recent updates have fixed and improved Vista a lot and as long as you have a modern computer with a decent amount of RAM, I suggest using it.
Strangely, my laptop nearly has the same specs as your computer's. Only differences I see is that the laptop's processor is an AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-64 and the graphics card is an ATI Radeon...something or other. (I was never fond of ATI.) One other difference is it's running Vista Ultimate 32-bit SP1 all because SP2 doesn't like a driver or two.

Speaking of which, here's my laptop's desktop:

As for my XP computer, I'm running SP2 since I've heard of all the crap about SP3. You reinforced my reason not to upgrade to SP3. I'm so glad. Either way, my XP is whooping my Vista's butt. That's bad.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 07:41   Link #6730
Skyy
Existence of Cuteness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
did a quick change on my desktop, so, here's mine for this awesome month of October.

--------

@Skyy: that's Chuchu right? right?
According to the tags posted for that image, yes^^
Old 2008-10-02, 09:37   Link #6731
SHiN-gx
Wanderers
*Fansubber

Send a message via Yahoo to SHiN-gx

Still an XP SP2 user and I like my Desktop simple and free from icons and stuff as much as possible.
SHiN-gx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 09:39   Link #6732
Honda Boy Techy
I has a Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
Strangely, my laptop nearly has the same specs as your computer's. Only differences I see is that the laptop's processor is an AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-64 and the graphics card is an ATI Radeon...something or other. (I was never fond of ATI.) One other difference is it's running Vista Ultimate 32-bit SP1 all because SP2 doesn't like a driver or two.

Speaking of which, here's my laptop's desktop:

As for my XP computer, I'm running SP2 since I've heard of all the crap about SP3. You reinforced my reason not to upgrade to SP3. I'm so glad. Either way, my XP is whooping my Vista's butt. That's bad.
Kickass FD2 CTR Man. Actually, your laptop should a lot slower than my desktop. I have 7200 RPM SATA300 hard drives with 16MB caches and your laptop's is at the fastest I bet 5400RPM SATA150 with an 8MB cache if even that. A Turion is also only a 2.2GHz Mobile Processor while I my Athlon is a 3.0GHz desktop processor with a lot more punch. Plus I've heard that on 64-bit systems, the 64-bit version of Vista is better and faster, cause yeah, my my 32-bit Vista laptop runs fine(Celeron 440, 1.5GB RAM, integrated Intel graphics) but is slow in comparison to my old XP laptop (Sempron 2800, 512MB RAM, integrated ATI Radeon Xpress 200M). My Vista 64-bit however is very comparable to my old computer's XP install (which ran extremely well, unlike XP on this one).
Old 2008-10-03, 11:02   Link #6733
Solafighter
Hige

I couldnt resist.

(Click picture to enlarge)
Old 2008-10-04, 08:29   Link #6734
Eviltape

Again, from the Macross Valkyries Artbook
Eviltape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 14:23   Link #6735
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

Here's yet again another new desktop I use.

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Vivio Testarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 16:12   Link #6736
slayer
essense

Send a message via MSN to slayer

been a long time...
slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 05:15   Link #6737
lixuelai

Background is from Kumo no Mukou. Big Makoto Shinkai fan. Iv got a couple other computers they all have various BG from Shinkai works.
lixuelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 12:25   Link #6738
GrXoNe
^__^

Spoiler for Lappy:
GrXoNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 14:28   Link #6739
alamarco
Why hello there!

Mine, hurray for Haruhi .
alamarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 01:11   Link #6740