AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-10-04, 23:56   Link #1
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

Anime that got so boring You just started Skipping episodes

hey have any of you guys got into an anime series, and it started getting so boring, or dumb, that you just started skimming through the episodes just so you can get the ending over with? i remember i got tired of KGNE cuz it didnt seem like it was moveing at all after like the 6th or 7th ep and i started skimming till like the last two episodes, and i skimmed through hell girl, and the 1st kanon, i remember i skimmed through green green also, which wasnt even worth skimming through.

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
anime ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 23:58   Link #2
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I think you mean KGNE.

Well, I skimmed through the second season of Hell Girl, CG season 1 and beginning of season 2. Then again, I do read episode summaries.
Old 2008-10-04, 23:58   Link #3
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Tenjo Tenge.

Kaze no Stigma, Lamune, and heaps of others I just dropped full stop. Didn't even bother skipping ahead to see how it ended.
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 09:36   Link #4
Amray

I have never skipped an episode of an anime. If I have seen the series before then I might, but other than that I would not. I prefer watching the entire series to begin with otherwise I will feel incomplete.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 10:25   Link #5
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Sousei no Aquarion, loved the mecha and music though.
Old 2008-10-05, 11:52   Link #6
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
Probably the only anime I also skipped entire episodes of. Too many mecha fights, not enough drama and romance for me. Makes me wonder why the heck I even bought the entire first season boxset; it boggles my mind as to what came over me to buy the seires.

Otherwise, I usually never skip entire episodes, as I'd rather drop the series than do that.

What I do though sometimes (usually with the longer series with filler eps) is skim through parts that I feel bored with. Most recent example would be Shugo Chara, in where there some episodes that's solely dedicated to a random character I have never heard of, and the gang trying to solve his/her problem. Some of the scenes I just skim past the boring ones... I can't explain it very well, but I have a feeling in which scenes are important and which scenes aren't, so I get what's going on in the vast majority of these 'filler' episodes. And from what little I will miss, it's usually negligible as the development in these episodes usually are focused on characters that at the most would have cameo appearances in the future.

And I really don't think it's a bad thing that I skim through some parts of those kind of episodes, because otherwise I'd put the show on a long hiatus at best (which I actually did with Shugo Chara since after the first dozen episodes, it was a long stretch of 'filler' and I was tired of skimming), dropping the show eventually at the worst.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 13:54   Link #7
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i always skip recap ep, it boring.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 15:18   Link #8
anime ronin

yea i never watch recaps... just an excuse for an episode

Old 2008-10-05, 18:29   Link #9
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

I never skipped a anime episode before. I dropped a few series altogether, but I can't remember their names.
Old 2008-10-05, 19:18   Link #10
Icehawk

If a show is within the usual 12-26 episode length I will either watch it in full or just drop it entirely if it's not to my liking. Shows that extend beyond that usual length and are actually worth following but also tend to cram in alot of filler or recap episodes I will probably skip those episodes or in the case of Bleach for example, entire arcs that do little but distract from the "true" storyline.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 20:51   Link #11
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Well Naruto obviously for me. I skipped a lot of episodes after the Hokage fight and watched a bit of the Naruto vs Sauske fight and dropped it there. Shakugan no Shana I dropped the first season around episode 18. I thought it started out good, but then I just started getting bored of it. Not really sure why, but I did. I'm almost on the verge of dropping the new Slayers show. Anyways those are the ones in recent memory.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 21:15   Link #12
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
I rarely skip, unless it's a series I'm rewatching, filler ep's I can't stand (I usually even give filler a chance), or a recap episode. Otherwise... I drop the series. I will say there are some series I've watched in their entirety that I wish I skipped around a little. Such as Shakugan no Shana 2, should have skimmed through the first 10 or so episodes...

Rasuberi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 21:22   Link #13
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
I do skip episodes from time to time - not because the anime was boring, but because I want to see the ending so badly. Also makes me appreciate how the characters get there.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 21:57   Link #14
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Naruto and Bleach, and probably going to start skipping some eps of Shugo Chara
Old 2008-10-05, 22:06   Link #15
problemedchild
ô_ô

I normally drop an anime if I find the need to skip episodes.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 22:10   Link #16
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
I was originally doing to pass this thread up, since I am not the sort to skip episodes, but then I remembered Bleach.

Shounen action shows aren't typically my bag, but I love me some Bleach. Except for filler arcs. I skipped the entirety of the Bount arc (episodes 64 to 108... almost half the series!), and I haven't regretted it for a moment. At least the earlier filler was actually based on something established in the manga. The later filler was so painful that I dropped the anime entirely and have stuck to the manga. I may give some later episodes some viewing when a new arc comes 'round just to see what they're doing with the music and color styles, since I enjoy what they'd done through the point I was watching.

Aside from filler-skipping, though, I'll just drop it. I hate coming in on the middle of a story.

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 04:13   Link #17
jillybutt

I gave up Naruto after a few episodes...probably because I've read the manga twice. But other than that, I hardly ever skip episodes.
jillybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 16:25   Link #18
Shadow Kira01

Skipping episodes? What's the point, might as well stop.

Currently, I am behind on several anime series:

D. Gray-Man (Eps72)
Naruto Shippuuden (Eps48)

These aren't the only anime that I am behind, but its pretty rare to stop after watching almost the entire series. Its not like the anime are boring, its just not as interesting as the other ones.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 21:24   Link #19
anime ronin

yea yer sorta rite, whats the point? but somethimes thers animes wer u jus wanna watch it to see the end and u jus skim thru to get the main information so u understand whats going on in the end. at least that is wut i do sumtimes...

Old 2008-10-07, 04:32   Link #20
FateAnomaly

Same as most everyone else, if its boring enough to skip then it is boring enough to drop.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote