Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-09-30, 16:21   Link #101
Hunk
Awaken Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrelion View Post
Anyone know when chapter 2 will be translated?
When raws will come out. Have some preview in chinese if you want :
Spoiler for some images of SRZ 2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrelion View Post
There are a few ways they can continue with the story with the ending they had.

1. He could throw out the last two chapters without explanation.

2. It could have been part of harima's manga

3. What captainsmoker said. It's not very hard for him to say alright a year or two passed. Somewhere in there Harima left to think about life for a month or two. When he got back he got nostalgic after seeing the girl he had a crush on in highschool (It happened to me on more then on occasion). And then say that alright, nothing important happened over the time break... everyone is pretty much in the exact same siguation. Except everyone is in college now.

Really all of those seem reasonable. I personally like 1 or 2.

I hate to be a downer but it's also just as resonable that the time nearly reset everyone... but i'm going to pretend to be an optimist, as that's just as likely to happen as 1, 2, or 3.
Don't think 2 is really plausible. I rather think that SRZ is for letting him has the time to think about the continuation of SR. Nothing enough big happened in the two last chapters to deserve a "reset" x) If he doesn't come to find any idea, I guess he would just continue SRZ as it is now until he has enough with SR world.

About NnA, my team (french) manage to translate chapter 9 and 10, thanks to a chinese translator (but no time to translate anymore unfortunately...). So for those who understand french ^^

Last edited by Hunk; 2008-10-01 at 04:02.
Hunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 01:59   Link #102
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

It looks like the School Festival, where they put on the stage show...definitely Harima's manga...
Old 2008-10-01, 10:54   Link #103
Eleutheria
旅行癖

SRZ Chapter 2 is another crap period piece. I read the first couple pages and the last page, then gave up.
Old 2008-10-01, 17:27   Link #104
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Well the best about this chapter was the magazine's cover with the Tsukamoto sisters in swimsuits
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 12:43   Link #105
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Well the best about this chapter was the magazine's cover with the Tsukamoto sisters in swimsuits
Tenma's to SMALL in some area's for me...Yakumo is the saving grace of that cover.
Old 2008-10-03, 19:57   Link #106
mafiastasher

The way these gag chapters are set up makes it appear to me that KJ was okay with the ending too a series that wasn't suposed to be taken seriously. In all these gags, the main premise of them is Harima acting stupid for Tenma with a misunderstanding thrown in as well. If he wanted to eventually go back to the 'main story' of a post-Tenma School Rumble or at least a different kind of school rumble, he wouldn't be shaping these chapters as extensions of the original premise. It's evident that KJ dabbled in drama and serious romance every once in a while but it was also clear that he felt most comfortable writing comedy (which was smart and funny at times but is just lame in these gags). It's a shame if he continues the series to death on the same note becuase he HAS to know that people don't read School Rumble anymore for the stupid comedy--at this point, all people want is a conclusion.

I think its clear that KJ made up a lot of the storyline as he went along from week to week, given the random resets and the disregardance of certain plot elements whenever he had to make adjustments. At first it developed as harimaxtenma, then as harimaxeri, then as harimaxyakumo, then as harimaxeri again, then as harimaxyakumo, before getting muddled up in stalemate of character development predestined by poor planning. If you really think about it, the way KJ carelessly developed Harima destined him to be alone, he was so deeply in love/obsessed with one person that he could not convincingly (or at least no very convincingly) love another, but the one that he did love, he could not have. At the end, I think KJ decided to just forget about the mess of a story he made and acknowledge his work as one giant comedy--the main premise being a guy chasing a girl who's chasing another guy...and so on...
Hahahahahahahah

mafiastasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 01:16   Link #107
chester41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiastasher View Post
It's a shame if he continues the series to death on the same note becuase he HAS to know that people don't read School Rumble anymore for the stupid comedy--at this point, all people want is a conclusion.
Of course.

After Read SRZ Chapter 2, Ummm ..... It a gag story again. This is real SRZ for KJ?

Maybe SR is end completely. I'm bored to wait every month for a crap story

If the chapter 3,4 like this. I will give up hope for SRZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiastasher View Post
the way KJ carelessly developed Harima destined him to be alone, he was so deeply in love/obsessed with one person that he could not convincingly (or at least no very convincingly) love another, but the one that he did love, he could not have. At the end

Harima never knew about the girls who in love with him.(It's the worst of him)

If SRZ continues from SR. I hope KJ will developed him

Last edited by chester41; 2008-10-04 at 14:01.
chester41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 06:36   Link #108
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I decided to read ch2 of SRZ and omg... full of fail all over the place... I guess I'll just stick to Harima's and Eri's "engagement" as the ending, and leave SR forever...
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 07:44   Link #109
boomerangnizorro

what a chapter...it may be true that KJ is more comfortable in writing comedy...but WTF that wasn't even funny...and eri wasn't even in it...it makes me sad...=(
boomerangnizorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 08:51   Link #110
Anime Daisuki

On Townsocks translation, there was a side panel that read 2-C Castle, could it be Class 2... Nah.

Was that official or did he just throw that in there?
Old 2008-10-04, 09:11   Link #111
CaptainSmoker

Srz so far…

Astronaut Tenma cover…

a few gag mangas…

just what is Srz? Its definitely not what fans are looking for, so its probably just hot gas KJ needs to let out before flushing us down the shitter.

I think I know what Srz is now... but I guess we will have to wait a few more days for the next issue to know for sure
CaptainSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 10:30   Link #112
Ashlotte
Clockwork

So is this a sign that SRZ is going to be full of those chapters I just skipped over back in the original SR (I.E. The prehistoric Chapter) for the foreseeable future...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 18:08   Link #113
Fran~
floating away...

Harima makes my day, i will never get tired of him...

Sure SR is going to nowhere , but Harima is still there, that's enough to me
Old 2008-10-04, 18:36   Link #114
Solafighter
Hige

Mh... School Rumble and School Rumble Z .. For me, its like Onegai Teacher and Onegai Twins. Some exactly same characters but completly different story/ies.

Well lets see, what KJ will bring us in the future.
Old 2008-10-04, 19:55   Link #115
Fran~
floating away...

Anyway, Imadori as a werewolf and Nishimotostein was priceless and Harima as a Failed Van Helsing!!!

The way how Harima Fails, fails and fails again is an epic win...
Old 2008-10-04, 22:28   Link #116
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Mh... School Rumble and School Rumble Z .. For me, its like Onegai Teacher and Onegai Twins. Some exactly same characters but completly different story/ies.
Odd, since the Onegai series both took place in the same universe but focused on different characters (Kei and Mizuho / Maika(?) and the twins).

SRZ takes place in alternate universes, and at this stage has NO story

Quote:
On Townsocks translation, there was a side panel that read 2-C Castle, could it be Class 2... Nah.

Was that official or did he just throw that in there?
Official. Jin's making a reference to SR (yeah thanks Jin, remind us of that failure of a series ).
Old 2008-10-04, 22:33   Link #117
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

what's next china, middle east, atlantic, or may be mexico, i would like to see an india verson or may be africa
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 00:49   Link #118
patnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
what's next china, middle east, atlantic, or may be mexico, i would like to see an india verson or may be africa
i rather like to see them in world war 2 version, much like Nazi version... hehe
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 14:26   Link #119
Anime Daisuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Odd, since the Onegai series both took place in the same universe but focused on different characters (Kei and Mizuho / Maika(?) and the twins).

SRZ takes place in alternate universes, and at this stage has NO story

Official. Jin's making a reference to SR (yeah thanks Jin, remind us of that failure of a series ).
So that bastard is actually toying with us ;o
Old 2008-10-06, 09:47   Link #120
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Is the author continuing his blogbiographis in this second serie?
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy