AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-12, 11:27   Link #1901
kenro

Not another Clare vs Prisc!? Not... exactly...

Clare still as of Ambassador chapter is very reluctunt to face Riful. Perhaps she still has nighmares of the last time? Even so, Numbers and Speed were indeed the key to defeating Agatha. Plus the element of surprise on the extraordinary level of teamwork with this group. How'd one girl put it?: practicing til we puked blood. or something?

But Claire, whatever the practice, however strong she becomes, cannot ever hope to defeat Prisc.
Unless...

Frankly, revenge has become irrelevent, not to mention impossible. The point will soon become there are two uncontrollable worldbreakers out there. The planet is/will be/could well be $#@.

Unless...

What are the odds Claire will willingly get caught up in Luci/Raphi awakening, as the only way to hope to controll the new creature, an only way to get strong enough to fight Prisc?
Old 2008-10-14, 14:47   Link #1902
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

What if Isley is the top Mib on the island?

We have Ruble saying that the boys go north and the girls go south. Isley is the one that in charge of the north.
We have Miria saying that the Orgs are the one making the yomas. So what if it’s Isley in the north that’s making the yomas for the Org by using the boys?

We also have super Raki.
Isley told him something about losing his humanity to get stronger. If Isley knows how to make yomas, he can easily make Raki into some experiment. Not a Claymore, but some hybrid. (Am still holding on to Raki yoki armor).

The war in the north can be easily explained.
The Org had a new toy, and wanted to test it out. Isley purposely sent his men to die.

What is in it for him?
He will be safe from any group on the Island. The only treat that he has is currently Riful. To me, all he cares about is his survival. He had the power to take over the Island, but he did not, why? He can't control Priscilla, but he can bring her along with him. If anyone attacks him, Priscilla would probably defend him. In no time, he could have taken out Riful, and the Org, but he did not.

Holes
Ok, there are some things that might make his alliance with the Org a problem for him in the future. If the Org reaches their goal, they can just send some of their supper Claymores to finish him off. So the benefit of him teaming with the Org will only be to his advantage as long as the Org haven’t completed their experiment. Taking out the Org when he has the chance is a much safer, but he has not done it.

Priscilla could have killed him, but he saw in her the opportunity to take out one of the AOs. Why did he stop at only one? If he is on the Org side there is a benefit in having monsters running around the Island. Any invasion by the D.o.D would be very costly.

Having to face tow AOs at once was not only a treath to Isley, but it was also a treat to the Org.
The Org’s policy before the war in the north was to only kill Abs when they have too, now they kill them on sight. Isley did the same thing with his men, sent them all to die. You might say that the Org killing Abs shows that they are not in bed with Isley. Remember what the Abs said before G7 saved the 3 claymores? He said the Org was hunting them down, so they stated grouping up. From that statement you can see that it’s the Org that’s actively killing off the Abs. The Abs are quietly feeding and minding their own business, when some group of Claymore make it their mission to seek them out and destroy them. They are not grouping up and heading south towards the Org. And if you remenber, It was Isley that sent that group of Ab south.

If they Org and Isley are in bed together. They could have planned the systematic eradication of Abs. Isley just used his men to give the Org the excuse to send countless Claymores to their death hunting Abs. Why would they do that? Because they are getting closer to what they want and they are starting to clean this up in advance.

I see Isley been in bed with the Org as a possibility. It would be a big surprise. All of Isley action so far has not treated the Org. Yes he sent his men to the south, but they all died without killing one Mib. If he is in contact with the Org, then he would have known about Alicia and Beth.

Isley supposedly had 3 enemies. The Org, Riful and what is now part of Racillia, forgot her name. He took out one of them, he could have rested and then finish the job. According to Riful, he could have, but he did not.

So my question is, why is he m.i.a, when he could have control of the Island?
His inaction, could mean death in the future, so why take the chance?
Old 2008-10-14, 15:06   Link #1903
KillerYomaFromSpace

I have the theory that Isley may actually be a good guy
Old 2008-10-19, 08:29   Link #1904
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerYomaFromSpace View Post
I have the theory that Isley may actually be a good guy
exactly how?
Old 2008-10-19, 09:03   Link #1905
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
exactly how?
That goes double for me.
Old 2008-10-19, 10:24   Link #1906
KillerYomaFromSpace

I don't know, I have the feeling that he is doing something for some kind of "greater good", I can't really say for sure that he is a good guy, but its a theory worth mentioning

so far what he has done

1- fool and sacrifice a LOT of ABs, (each one alive on their own for all eternity would have caused much more harm than just destroying a city that was also evacuated (Priscila alone destroyed 3 cities))

2- attack the org

3- attack Riful

4- Kill Luciela

5- Attacked Priscila when she was killing everything like crazy

6- Stopped attacking not when he was going to loose, but when Priscila changed her from and started to cry

7- stick Priscila to Raki to keep her from going berserk again

8- taught Raki how to fight, yes, he didn't eat him instead

in other words, he has done more good to that island than anyone else

I know that none of this proves anything, but its enough to make one think of that posibility
Old 2008-10-19, 10:43   Link #1907
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
Heh, as far as I'm concerned, if the next time we see him, he's a chibi. It'll be quite obvious that he is a good guy. If not, then it'll still be up in the air.

I have entertained the idea of Isley being good myself. Most of what he's done though, has been primarily for his own self-interest, except for picking up Raki. I'm still not exactly sure why he did it, perhaps it was a mere whim of his, maybe he saw a chance to use him to keep Priscilla calm and docile, maybe it was simply because Raki reminds him of himself when he was young, maybe a combination of all three. Most of Isley's deeds, despite mostly selfish reasons, did do more good for the island than alot of the Orgs work.

While I have some doubts about him really being a good guy, I know I'd like it if he was. He's one of my favorite characters, whether good or bad, that's for sure.

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner

Last edited by NobodyMan; 2008-10-19 at 10:56.
Old 2008-10-19, 11:14   Link #1908
iLney

Quote:
I don't know, I have the feeling that he is doing something for some kind of "greater good", I can't really say for sure that he is a good guy, but its a theory worth mentioning

so far what he has done

May I add:
_Being a dumbass who despite the position of the 1st AO ever chose to reside in a godforesaken ice cap while letting Riful and Luciela get more juicy territory.

_Converting almost of hungry ABs at that time (males) into the dumbass league. while he himself hates to have company.
Old 2008-10-19, 13:45   Link #1909
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

haha full props to you on that one, good call...

*sends some rep*

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Old 2008-10-19, 13:59   Link #1910
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:

so far what he has done

1- fool and sacrifice a LOT of ABs, (each one alive on their own for all eternity would have caused much more harm than just destroying a city that was also evacuated (Priscila alone destroyed 3 cities))

2- attack the org

3- attack Riful

4- Kill Luciela

5- Attacked Priscila when she was killing everything like crazy

6- Stopped attacking not when he was going to loose, but when Priscila changed her from and started to cry

7- stick Priscila to Raki to keep her from going berserk again

8- taught Raki how to fight, yes, he didn't eat him instead

in other words, he has done more good to that island than anyone else

I know that none of this proves anything, but its enough to make one think of that posibility
i think he only did those to get the south and if we get to details he didn't killed Luciela and because of that a much more powerful monster will be created by Riful
Old 2008-10-19, 14:08   Link #1911
KillerYomaFromSpace

Quote:
i think he only did those to get the south and if we get to details he didn't killed Luciela and because of that a much more powerful monster will be created by Riful
the intention is what counts
Old 2008-10-19, 14:16   Link #1912
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
i knew you were going to answer that
well he is nowhere near as bad as the Organization
Old 2008-10-20, 20:25   Link #1913
Valerian Mengsk

Isley also doesn't seem interested in killing Claymores, nor torturing them to the point of awakening, though that may just be another faucet of his disapproval of company.
He also doesn't appear to be interested in hunting Claymores or MiB.

IMO, Isley falls more along the lines of a Neutral badass that is willing to do either good or evil acts to achieve his aims.
Old 2008-10-21, 07:09   Link #1914
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerian Mengsk View Post
Isley also doesn't seem interested in killing Claymores, nor torturing them to the point of awakening, though that may just be another faucet of his disapproval of company.
He also doesn't appear to be interested in hunting Claymores or MiB.

IMO, Isley falls more along the lines of a Neutral badass that is willing to do either good or evil acts to achieve his aims.
that's my point he just wanted to go get some sun in the south he wasn't even interested in chasing luciela to finish her off
Old 2008-10-21, 12:59   Link #1915
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
that's my point he just wanted to go get some sun in the south he wasn't even interested in chasing luciela to finish her off
If Luciela escaps whats the point in fighting her in the first place?

She would have eventualy regroup, or join Riful.

I beleave he was just to weak to finish her off.
Old 2008-10-21, 15:06   Link #1916
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Yeah, the Isley vs Luciella fight is the most evenly matched fight we have ever seen in Claymore. They couldn't even kill each other. You know how sometimes in an anime they stretch out fights so they have more material to show so they don't catch up with the manga? I'd love to see an animated Luciella vs Isley fight.
Old 2008-10-21, 15:48   Link #1917
KillerYomaFromSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
Yeah, the Isley vs Luciella fight is the most evenly matched fight we have ever seen in Claymore. They couldn't even kill each other. You know how sometimes in an anime they stretch out fights so they have more material to show so they don't catch up with the manga? I'd love to see an animated Luciella vs Isley fight.
that would have been interested, but what in my opinion would have been perfect for the last 3 episodes is an animated real continuation of the battle for Pieta where they all "die"
Old 2008-10-21, 17:06   Link #1918
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
If Luciela escaps whats the point in fighting her in the first place?

She would have eventualy regroup, or join Riful.

I beleave he was just to weak to finish her off.
never tougth of it that way you're probably rigth
Old 2008-10-22, 11:43   Link #1919
Elandyll

Quote:
Mmmh, so what was his intention when he said to his AB's "Do not let as much as an insect alive in Pieta" ? Fun ?
Old 2008-10-22, 11:53   Link #1920
KillerYomaFromSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
Mmmh, so what was his intention when he said to his AB's "Do not let as much as an insect alive in Pieta" ? Fun ?
well, he fooled all those ABs, so anything he told them may as well be part of his act, and he probably knew that it was going to be evacuated.

he may also be the kind of guy with good intentions but with a "the end justifies the means" philosophy.
Closed Thread