Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-26, 20:54   Link #961
flick
電脳コイル'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearShare View Post
ep.83
Kyuu-chan was just too adorable. And for once, I'm actually glad for Japanese mosaic censoring.
Absolutely agree here... they *really* needed the mosaic this time, lol!

I did feel sorry for the Ue-sama at the end.

Spoiler for Episode 83:
flick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 23:59   Link #962
karasuma

Ha-Li Da-vick-son!!
karasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 00:10   Link #963
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
So i havent even watched this show, but someone tell me if it worth watching? I love Comedy, but im not big on "a-typical shounen neverending action" aka naruto and bleach etc...

Is this really as good as they say? like what's it like?
theirs SOOO many episodes thats why it has me worried. it seems to have good reviews tho
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 00:25   Link #964
Ultenth

It's mostly a parady, so if you enjoy parady comedy and lots of ironic and bizarre humor of that nature, with a bit of action now and then, you might like this. The focus on this show is really mostly the comedy, not really the action or shounen nature.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 05:53   Link #965
flick
電脳コイル'd

If you want light-hearted humour with some good storylines (mostly) then I think you'll enjoy watching Gintama. I agree with Ultenth that it really focuses on the comedy and I guess thats what makes it so fun to watch. Plus, it's always fun to spot the parodies where you can (it helps when the sub groups point out the cultural references too as it's often quite subtle)

I like watching it if I feel bored/down/sleepy/tired. Very revitalising
flick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 15:49   Link #966
RamzaOwns
GUN道奥義 「賢者の舞」

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
So i havent even watched this show, but someone tell me if it worth watching? I love Comedy, but im not big on "a-typical shounen neverending action" aka naruto and bleach etc...

Is this really as good as they say? like what's it like?
theirs SOOO many episodes thats why it has me worried. it seems to have good reviews tho
imo, its one of those animes that is better than the manga

and its not an adventure
RamzaOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 06:11   Link #967
golthin

If you are going to watch some episode of Gintama to try it out, I recommend watching episodes 86 and 87. this mini arc is very touching and has a bittersweet ending. You will also get a taste of Gin's wisdom and insight into the human heart. there is also good comedy as always.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 10:30   Link #968
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
If you are going to watch some episode of Gintama to try it out, I recommend watching episodes 86 and 87. this mini arc is very touching and has a bittersweet ending. You will also get a taste of Gin's wisdom and insight into the human heart. there is also good comedy as always.
Truer words have never been spoken Golthin you are truly HARD BOILED
Old 2008-10-02, 14:51   Link #969
r3tro099

I am quite consfused, surfing around on www.anilinkz.com I noticed they had gintama episodes posted past the current 85 that are out (the ones subbed by YuS-SHS and / or Rumbel-SMi). I assumed they were the raw versions but when i looked they were all subbed in ENG. They have up to episode 114 :S. I asked in the chat to no avail WHICH fansubbing group did this work.

Anyone have any idea who translated these? Is it ANILINKZ staff?

ANidb.net Shows no other fansubbers.

EDIT> It says Subbed by NarutoSSSSS at the begining of eps. Mystery solved? :s

Last edited by r3tro099; 2008-10-02 at 15:28.
r3tro099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 16:59   Link #970
Yaggie

They even have Gintama 114 sub here..
Yaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 18:52   Link #971
RamzaOwns
GUN道奥義 「賢者の舞」

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3tro099 View Post
I am quite consfused, surfing around on www.anilinkz.com I noticed they had gintama episodes posted past the current 85 that are out (the ones subbed by YuS-SHS and / or Rumbel-SMi). I assumed they were the raw versions but when i looked they were all subbed in ENG. They have up to episode 114 :S. I asked in the chat to no avail WHICH fansubbing group did this work.

Anyone have any idea who translated these? Is it ANILINKZ staff?

ANidb.net Shows no other fansubbers.

EDIT> It says Subbed by NarutoSSSSS at the begining of eps. Mystery solved? :s
those are just subbed by actual FANS, for example, the whole itou arc is subbed by biscuit from the gintama LJ...
RamzaOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 11:11   Link #972
Chrono Helix

Has anyone watched ep 120 yet? Who was the
Spoiler:

It's not often that something can make me laugh until I cry.
Chrono Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 19:20   Link #973
LotusGenie13

After polishing on Shinsengumi historical facts, I have discovered some interesting things. In real history, Suzuki Mikisaburou, Captain of Shinsengumi's ninth squad and later the Sekihotai's second squad, was the (younger) brother of Itou Kashitarou. In Gintama, Itou Kamotarou was mentioned to have an older brother named Takehisa (I think), who was rather sickly, yet still the favorite of his parents, who ignored Kamotarou. This means that Niki Jirou, Captain of the Shingengumi's ninth squad in Gintama, is Itou's brother Takehisa. Somehow, after Itou was taken in by his dojo master, his brother managed to learn kenjutsu and become a member of the Shinsengumi. However, one wonders where he went during the Itou arc...

http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/r...r.8193/page.3/

I speculate that Jirou is the blonde Shinsengumi member next to Yamazaki's hand in left hand panel. He does look just a bit like Itou, doesn't he?

Last edited by LotusGenie13; 2008-10-15 at 19:59.
LotusGenie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 22:33   Link #974
karasuma

Eps 87 quite possibly is the saddest Gintama ep ever.
karasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 22:35   Link #975
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamzaOwns View Post
imo, its one of those animes that is better than the manga
Whoa, for real? No exaggeration? 'cuz I loved the manga.

It was one of those manga that just made me laugh so much I gasped for breath after five minutes, and gasped some more for water after fifty, and then needed to rest because my stomach was hurting. If the anime is really better than the manga, then I ought to prepare for some three months' worth of weekend marathons with a lot of bottled water and medication for muscle pains...
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 02:37   Link #976
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by karasuma View Post
Eps 87 quite possibly is the saddest Gintama ep ever.
Too damn sad. I was hoping till the very end that it was not so...
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 09:31   Link #977
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
Spoiler for episode 87:
Old 2008-10-16, 17:59   Link #978
christinemarie
Crazy One

It's painful episode indeed losing the person who ever cared for you without giving her happiness and peace until the end. Gintoki tried to make me laugh by eating the spicy crackers Mitsuba left behind. The episode itself become more serious with serious kills that never happened in Gintama before. Last time I think it was a sad episode when a man who take cares a lot of children killed while escaping that triggered Gintoki's rage.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 13:30   Link #979
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Whoa, for real? No exaggeration? 'cuz I loved the manga.

It was one of those manga that just made me laugh so much I gasped for breath after five minutes, and gasped some more for water after fifty, and then needed to rest because my stomach was hurting. If the anime is really better than the manga, then I ought to prepare for some three months' worth of weekend marathons with a lot of bottled water and medication for muscle pains...
Seconding that the anime is better than the manga (and I, too, LOVE the manga). Only anime ever to make me roll on the floor crying with laughter. The voice actors are just perfect for the characters and are great at bringing the gags to life.
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 11:23   Link #980
LotusGenie13

While the manga was very good and had quite a few funny moments, the anime simply had more time to put jokes or parodies in. Hearing the characters talk is also a big bonus. I think the best part for both anime and manga is that they do not take themselves seriously and seek to parody every famous anime ever.
LotusGenie13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, shounen