AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-10-20, 09:13   Link #161
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Why would he be a clone when Neil clearly mentioned him being a part of his childhood, estranged as the two were?

And who knows. Neil and Lyle probably were twin brothers.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 09:26   Link #162
Usuratonkachi
An Idiot

In the case that they are clones, I'd be assuming they were cloned as infants (or even before that), and would, therefore share a past together. So it's not: Lockong died, so we'll take his genes and make a replica of him.

And taking into consideration that anime directors usually want to keep surprising the audience, I wouldn't be surprised if Neil turned out to be the clone of Lyle. But that's all IF they are clones.

They may not be.

The only thing that has me unconvinced about them being fraternal brothers is the age problem. If they aren't twins, then one should be at least a year older than the other. But they're not.

Bleh, I need the orignal Japanese script to say anything for sure anyways.
Usuratonkachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 09:29   Link #163
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usuratonkachi View Post

The only thing that has me unconvinced about them being fraternal brothers is the age problem. If they aren't twins, then one should be at least a year older than the other. But they're not.

Bleh, I need the orignal Japanese script to say anything for sure anyways.
Well, that only furthers the notion that Neil and Lyle were twins, doesn't it?
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 09:31   Link #164
Usuratonkachi
An Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Well, that only furthers the notion that Neil and Lyle were twins, doesn't it?
True, except for the fact that the direction apparently said, they are not twins (or something along those lines). Beats me.
Usuratonkachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 09:43   Link #165
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
Yeah i remember he said something like "they seem to be twins but aren't...".
No, he said they seem to be "twins" (futago) but aren't "something like twins" (futago nante). He did not say for sure that they weren't twins, he just gave an ambiguous statement that could imply that they either aren't twins and just look like eachother or are twins and they just aren't that much alike as one would expect of twins.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 10:51   Link #166
LuMiZu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
No, he said they seem to be "twins" (futago) but aren't "something like twins" (futago nante). He did not say for sure that they weren't twins, he just gave an ambiguous statement that could imply that they either aren't twins and just look like eachother or are twins and they just aren't that much alike as one would expect of twins.
Yep. I'd rather view the Director's statement this way. He probably meant they are twins in the sense they are biologically and thus look exactly alike each other. However, they aren't something like twins, in the sense Lyle would not be Neil v2.0. I think the Director wants to tell the audience don't expect Lyle = Neil. They are very different characters despite their exactly-same appearance.

Btw, where did this interview come from?
LuMiZu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 11:00   Link #167
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Lyle & Nyle is completely a different person.I can't imagine Lyle & Nyle play together when they were kids.

Anyway I like the new Lockon Stratos now by watching the S2. About the Nyle & Lyle clone theory, it might not happen at all. I don't think Gundam 00 creator want to use same formula over & over again. It is a good theory though.
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 11:15   Link #168
LuMiZu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
Lyle & Nyle is completely a different person.I can't imagine Lyle & Nyle play together when they were kids.

Anyway I like the new Lockon Stratos now by watching the S2. About the Nyle & Lyle clone theory, it might not happen at all. I don't think Gundam 00 creator want to use same formula over & over again. It is a good theory though.
I'm also quite interested in the background history between those 2 Though I agree with you about the clone theory. With 25 episodes and alot to cover, I'd rather the dictors go for an interesting family sotry, rather than go for a complicated clone theory (where we need to explain why he was cloned, blah blah blah). Keep it simple, but interesting
LuMiZu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 13:36   Link #169
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

I would like the new lockon, but theres too much feeling hes using CB for Kataron. And if he does end up betraying CB for Kataron, then gets betrayed himself, that will leave him screwed and i really like cherudim and rather not see it get torn to shreds by 00.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 14:08   Link #170
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

I don't know about you guys...but I have never met someone who looks exactly like his older brother...UNLESS THEY WERE TWINS!

I'm hoping that the artists just got lazy and decided to make them look alike out of sheer laziness. Then we can get over the fact they look alike, and that they arent twins, but actual brothers born a year apart. And not a clone.
Old 2008-10-20, 14:30   Link #171
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i don't like the new Lockon.. doesn't have the suaveness the old Lockon did. plus his true colors (be they with CB or with Kataron) will be shown eventually, because CB will hit Kataron for destabilizing their goal.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 18:07   Link #172
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i don't like the new Lockon.. doesn't have the suaveness the old Lockon did. plus his true colors (be they with CB or with Kataron) will be shown eventually, because CB will hit Kataron for destabilizing their goal.
So will Lyle on Feldt
Old 2008-10-20, 18:22   Link #173
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
I don't know about you guys...but I have never met someone who looks exactly like his older brother...UNLESS THEY WERE TWINS!

I'm hoping that the artists just got lazy and decided to make them look alike out of sheer laziness. Then we can get over the fact they look alike, and that they arent twins, but actual brothers born a year apart. And not a clone.
Well, as the Gundam franchise has numerous pairs of unrelated lookalike: Char&Casval, Diana&Kihel; it wouldn't be too far fetched to have here two brothers that would resembles each other enough to be mistaken as twins.
Or perhaps Neil had a surgery and a relooking to resemble his little brother for whatever reason...
Old 2008-10-20, 18:50   Link #174
Cherudim Arche

I think Lyle should be what he is already, rather than always getting judged by the standards set by Neil. Sure he can adopt some more personality characteristics like Neil, but he isn't there to be a mere body double. Lyle would be better do make tough judgment calls, in all the situation he has. Whether to betray CB for Katron of vice versa, will make it interesting. Speaking of which, they need more in depth past of the dylandy brothers.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 19:00   Link #175
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

One of the upcoming episode summaries state Kataron and Celestial Being making an alliance, so I don't see why he'd even need to betray one or the other. As I see it, Lockon's going to become the intermediary for the two groups.
Old 2008-10-20, 19:02   Link #176
El_Lazy_Mexican
Thank you for smoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Since a picture is worth a thousand words...

I don't remember seeing this in the anime....ever

Quote:

You'd be surprise what the power of natural genetics can do.

But to explain the point at hand, Lyle was introduced early in season 1 so I don't see how the cloning situation would be possible and especially when both brothers belong to a NORMAL family, not a Jesus Yamato Family with mad scientists for parents that created Super Co-Coordinator for a living.
El_Lazy_Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 19:03   Link #177
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Lazy_Mexican View Post
I don't remember seeing this in the anime....ever
Because it wasn't in the anime, its from the Gundam Meisters game.
Old 2008-10-20, 19:07   Link #178
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
I would like the new lockon, but theres too much feeling hes using CB for Kataron. And if he does end up betraying CB for Kataron, then gets betrayed himself, that will leave him screwed and i really like cherudim and rather not see it get torn to shreds by 00.
Considering that he joined Kataron for some reason, its only natural that he wouldn't be loyal to CB, in fact I think that's what Setsuna was counting on as others have mentioned.

I am hoping for some in depth look in his past so we can find out more about him and Kataron, and considering the stats given on him, I think its only a matter of time.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 19:11   Link #179
El_Lazy_Mexican
Thank you for smoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Because it wasn't in the anime, its from the Gundam Meisters game.

That explains it... They did the exact opposite of Mu La Flaga in Seed. Further confirming a death for lolz
El_Lazy_Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 01:43   Link #180
ila-chan
ermmm...

Lyle Dylandy... is no Lockon Stratos.

The end.
ila-chan is offline   Reply With Quote