AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-10-25, 01:03   Link #781
Lebron
I hear voices

Some new(?) pics of the XIII games has popped up over at Famitsu. I've seen the Versus ones before in scans, but the others are new to me. Remember Famitsu doesn't let you hotlink, so just press enter again when it gives you the forbidden error.

XIII: http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1219286_1407.html
Versus XIII:http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1219287_1407.html
Agito XIII: http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1219288_1407.html
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 21:15   Link #783
Shadow Kira01

All 3 games seem to have totally surpass my expectations, they are way better than the previous Final Fantasy games in all aspects.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 02:59   Link #784
-Kh-
ポルカ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
All 3 games seem to have totally surpass my expectations, they are way better than the previous Final Fantasy games in all aspects.
May I ask you to share with us the details about the gameplay, weapon/armor/accesories variety, abilities, spells, story, characters backgrounds, music, camera, loading times, amount of grinding, pacing, etc.

Than you very much for your insight.
-Kh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 15:46   Link #785
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
This game is gonna be awesome.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 17:00   Link #786
Cinocard

XIII, why all of the character give me an old-man-vibe. They look like in their late 20s.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 17:02   Link #787
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Oh my wow. Stella=do very much want. Well, she's French. No wonder.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 17:08   Link #788
Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
XIII, why all of the character give me an old-man-vibe. They look like in their late 20s.
Because there's something ridiculous about teens saving the world, and the fact that all of those people playing Chrono Trigger thirteen years ago have grown up on kickass RPGs and need something to play.

Plus, I think Stella Fleurent is about to steal the title of the most beautiful character in any form of media ever.
Old 2008-10-26, 17:10   Link #789
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
More like early twenties. I don't see a problem with that. For example, Cloud and Tifa are around that age in Advent Children. Frankly, I think characters around that age match the vibe of FFXIII and Versus.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 17:35   Link #790
Demongod86

Maybe slightly older. Noctis=doesn't look like a kid at all, whereas at least Cloud had somewhat scrawny arms.
Old 2008-10-26, 17:47   Link #791
-Kh-
ポルカ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
More like early twenties. I don't see a problem with that. For example, Cloud and Tifa are around that age in Advent Children. Frankly, I think characters around that age match the vibe of FFXIII and Versus.
The XIII characters are definitively older than the Versus ones.

I can see them being in their late 20s while Versus are in the late-teens/early 20s.

Agito's characters are teenagers, since they are in a school and stuff, so probably a mix of ages between 14 and 17.
Old 2008-10-26, 17:52   Link #792
Cinocard

Agree, while XIII seem more mature, Ff Agito looks like it have the youngest characters out of the three.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Because there's something ridiculous about teens saving the world, and the fact that all of those people playing Chrono Trigger thirteen years ago have grown up on kickass RPGs and need something to play.

Plus, I think Stella Fleurent is about to steal the title of the most beautiful character in any form of media ever.
That's not what i meant. In earlier trailers they gave me an impression of someone around 22,23 years old, but in these pics i feel lile they are older. For me i have no problem of playing old man saving the world once in a while.

About Stella Fleurent, what i saw from the last trailer is a freaking hot women, but now i feel like she has lost something very appealing to me earlier.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 18:19   Link #793
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kh- View Post
The XIII characters are definitively older than the Versus ones.

I can see them being in their late 20s while Versus are in the late-teens/early 20s.

Agito's characters are teenagers, since they are in a school and stuff, so probably a mix of ages between 14 and 17.
When I said, "around that age" I meant within the twenties limit. Definitely not thirties. With that said, I agree that FFXIII seem to have older characters than Versus, but I'm not sure what the actual ages of its characters are.

And is it me, or does Noct and Stella have huge death flags on them? I think I read from somewhere that Versus is going to be darker than FFXIII.
Old 2008-10-26, 22:10   Link #794
Demongod86

Quote:
When I said, "around that age" I meant within the twenties limit. Definitely not thirties. With that said, I agree that FFXIII seem to have older characters than Versus, but I'm not sure what the actual ages of its characters are.

And is it me, or does Noct and Stella have huge death flags on them? I think I read from somewhere that Versus is going to be darker than FFXIII.
Stella definitely has a death flag on her. There's a reason she looks like an angel. Because in a dark environment, you have to kill every symbol of beauty, purity, and light.

That said, there better be a sidequest to revive the girl.

Noctis? No. He's an anti-hero. They don't die. Everyone around them, however, does.

Edit: Come to think of it, maybe Stella may not have a death flag on her. People did that with Aeris and, well...it was sad, but it wasn't dark. The girl is literally an angel. Why not destroy her light and leave her a broken shell, but alive? Not to mention that for all of her fluffy bunny ness, Yuna was alive and well the whole time.

Last edited by Demongod86; 2008-10-26 at 22:21.
Old 2008-10-26, 23:13   Link #795
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Stella definitely has a death flag on her. There's a reason she looks like an angel. Because in a dark environment, you have to kill every symbol of beauty, purity, and light.

That said, there better be a sidequest to revive the girl.

Noctis? No. He's an anti-hero. They don't die. Everyone around them, however, does.
Hah, well see, that's exactly the reason why I have a funny hunch that they just might kick the bucket.

For some reason, I'm imagining that Versus will have a some deaths to shake up the drama, especially with a main character like that.

Sidequest to revive a dead girl? Hell, no. If a death is particularly meaningful, such a sidequest is the quickest way to cheapen it.
Old 2008-10-26, 23:16   Link #796
Demongod86

Or, it could be that everyone did the dying which is why he's moody, and Stella's supposed to be his saving light...but that's an automatic death flag.

Or if she isn't as pure as she looks...but that's been done with Vesper Lynd...

Either way, you don't have to kill the pure chicky to kill the purity. (And you don't have to rape/mutilate her either).
Old 2008-10-27, 00:03   Link #797
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
I sort of agree. Its usually difficult to tell the age differences in the most CG or anime. However, I believe the FFXIII characters seem slightly older, while the FFXIII Versus is pretty much the same.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 09:06   Link #798
-Kh-
ポルカ

We need more stories where the main hero dies at the end, actuallt that he is the anti-hero but main character, just like Kira and Zero
Old 2008-10-27, 12:31   Link #799
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Since when did Kira die?
Old 2008-10-27, 12:47   Link #800
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Since when did Kira die?
Death Note, not SEED lol

Anti-heroes and this case, people who's very well be gods themselves, not sons of gods lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
final fantasy, ps3, rpg, square-enix, xbox 360