AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-05-11, 14:10   Link #141
Scorpion

Send a message via ICQ to Scorpion Send a message via MSN to Scorpion
They did end it somewhat good in the anime but the mistake they did was too end it when the most interesting part came,when they were gonna play games against other countries. since i acn't read the manga i dunno what happens and would really wanna know. and Hikaru still hasn't played against the higher pros which could end up like interesting matches.

And how did u become a member at gobase.org? i've been trying too get in there for months and they haven't sent me back a e-mail ones..
Scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 21:54   Link #142
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Hmm... they didn't either but when I tried to log into their website with the ID that I registered from the email, it worked......

I don't know if you tried it but give it one of two days after you send your email to them... try your login and password... it should work....

The other reason could be the verification process.... it reads at the bottom that being a member of some other Internet Go Server also helps verification..... I am a member on the Pandanet server...

I'll PM you about the rest cause I think this is a little off topic... But before I end....

CALLING ALL GO PLAYERS OUT THERE!!!!!!! IF YOU ARE PLAYING, PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE SERVER AND UR NICK SO THAT I CAN PLAY WITH YOU SOMETIME!!!!

P.S.... am a shitty beginner and have only played for 8 days... so if you're patient enough to play with me i'd be delighted...Please PM me should you want a game or should you have any other Go related internet sites or servers to provide!!!

Last edited by Asakura_Y0h; 2004-05-11 at 22:23.
Asakura_Y0h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 22:59   Link #143
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I think they ended at a good spot in the anime too. It's a nice ending. I don't care much for romance in this series, so I am happy with Hikaru just playing go with Akira instead of going out with Akari.

Akira is cooler than Akari anyway. =P

I don't really want them to add any more because more episodes mean there is a chance they would mess up the ending. I don't want that. I am perfectly satisfy with now.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 23:23   Link #144
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
I'm pretty sure the Hand of God is mythical. No one will ever achieve it.
Well if that true then they suck for getting us all into it.
Old 2004-05-12, 00:27   Link #145
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
Well if that true then they suck for getting us all into it.
...heh...quite true, but then what exactly is this Hand of God thing anyway?

While Hikaru was reviewing some of Sai's old matches (when he was in Torajirou's body) Hikaru noticed a move that simultaneously attacks in all directions. How much better than that can one move get?

Therefore, we can believe that the Hand of God, rather than being the Divine Move (a single move), is in fact a hand that can do no wrong; a hand in which every single move is the best one for the situation without question and is therefore unbeatable. And I, for one, doubt that will ever be possible.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 00:34   Link #146
Technovia_EX
o[-_-]o

The Hand of God is still confusing to me. It can have a lot of different meanings, on which way you look at it. None is right, after all, they are all theories.

BTW, Wasn't HNG anime licensed by Viz? The manga is for sure, but I heard the anime was licensed not too long ago. Then why are the torrents still listed on AnimeSuki? If so, AS's list is inaccurate. They were quick on the gun to remove FMA when no official announcement was given, while HNG is still up. Anyway, if it hasn't been licensed, ignore my post .
Technovia_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 02:24   Link #147
ShikaShika
無罪

*ignores your post*
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 05:58   Link #148
weyoun6
Romanji is evil

Send a message via ICQ to weyoun6
The Hand Of God is the unreachable goal of having the "perfect game" I believe, or reaching ultimate perfection at go. Of cource, sai and hikaru will never acheive this, at least on this earth.

At least that is my opinion of what the Hand Of God is.
weyoun6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 07:57   Link #149
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technovia_EX
BTW, Wasn't HNG anime licensed by Viz? The manga is for sure, but I heard the anime was licensed not too long ago. Then why are the torrents still listed on AnimeSuki? If so, AS's list is inaccurate. They were quick on the gun to remove FMA when no official announcement was given, while HNG is still up. Anyway, if it hasn't been licensed, ignore my post .
The first HnG is licensed announcement was this huge bust because it wasn't, and so far no official word has been passed down. With FMA, it would be very hard to not be real. I mean, they even give a definitive air date for when the dub will be starting (October).
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 22:29   Link #150
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Quote:
Originally Posted by weyoun6
The Hand Of God is the unreachable goal of having the "perfect game" I believe, or reaching ultimate perfection at go. Of cource, sai and hikaru will never acheive this, at least on this earth.At least that is my opinion of what the Hand Of God is.
Well, this is what I think it is.... something similar to what you've got in mind but a bit more detailed.....In go, each move you make has a purpose and of this the general purpose of each move can be divided into these categories :-
1. To gain territory
2. To weaken your opponent's territory
3. To defend your own territory
4. To capture - this move is normally tied in with either one of the 3 above

The best moves in go comprise all 4 purposes in one move or at least 2... most pros make moves of at least 2 purposes to make their moves more efficient...... I think that the 'Hand of God' doesn't only focus on one move but it is refering to the ability to make a string of moves containing all purposes.... i.e. in my opinion not possible... to achieve this, the foundation that was made in the initial josekis must be sooo good that it provides room for 4 purpose moves all the time... but for this... your opponent must be equally as strong to draw out those types of moves from you as well...... if not there'd be no need or urgency to play so well
Asakura_Y0h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 00:05   Link #151
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I believe so too, I think the Hand of God move is a move that change the battlefield favor from loosing into winning. That key point move that changes everything into your favor. Just like when Hikaru figure out that move to beat Sai's flow in Touya Koyo vs Sai game.

I think that's why at that moment Sai said he finally understand why he met Hikaru. Because he just witnessed the Hand of God move and Hikaru just shine in his eyes.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 08:27   Link #152
Scorpion

Send a message via ICQ to Scorpion Send a message via MSN to Scorpion
Yeah,and the are talking about "the Divine Move" sometimes and that must have been one since only 1 person notices it (Sai also after Hikaru point it out for him)
Scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 22:31   Link #153
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Are the remaining parts of the special broadcasted on TV or put on DVD, about the tournament? I saw a dvd about the special. I could not find any review kind of information about it. I thought maybe the special was completed through DVD. If you have any information on this, can you post it?

Last edited by Sazelyt; 2004-06-13 at 22:49.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 00:57   Link #154
ShikaShika
無罪

Only what we've seen should be on that dvd. You'll have to wait for other specials to get the rest of the story.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 06:07   Link #155
slapstick

They say the Hand of God is basically a game God would play. And because God is all knowing, he must know the outcome over every single move. So the logic goes, the only way to obtain the Hand of God, or rather to have a perfect game, is to play every single game possible on a Go board, so that you are prepared for any situation. Only then will you know the outcome of every move, and thus the perfect solution to every game.
slapstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 06:43   Link #156
ato
Oups...

As an exercise for the more ambitous (or those for whom an unanswered question is like an open sore), here is a more suitable place to discuss "Kami no Itte"
ato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 16:49   Link #157
ato
Oups...

Sorry to double post, but doesn't this look promising? Extra material or just a collection of old stuff? Does anyone have more information than what is given here? Maybe someone more litterate in Japanese can enlighten this poor fan...

Slated for release, incidently, the very same day I arrive in Tokyo next time
ato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 17:13   Link #158
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

These compilation DVD's never really have anything of importance.
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 15:56   Link #159
vinganza

HnG

What ever happened to that series? I got up to like episode 50 something and then I lost track of the series. Anyone knwo whether or not it was liscensed or something? Or am I just not looking hard enough?
vinganza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 16:12   Link #160
Spaceghost

Perhaps you should pay more attention because all you had to do was click on series on the main page and scroll down to H.

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/1.html

Last edited by Spaceghost; 2004-08-13 at 19:00.
Spaceghost is offline   Reply With Quote