AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-02, 13:05   Link #221
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelXenon View Post
I too am not convinced Michiko is Hatchin's mother.
so many people doubt that michiko is hana's mother, but no explanation of why.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 13:07   Link #222
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

I just finish watching episode 1 but episode 2 is out? Yay! >__<

Aside from that, I really liked the first episode and I'm hoping I like the rest. The whole Latin American thing is very interesting ( I'm hispanic myself ^^; ) but I like how they're dealing with it in a interesting light. The set up was great and for a long time, that "adventurous" feeling of mine is returning back...and that's very rare when it comes to shows.

And now I shall go find episode 2
>:3
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 13:28   Link #223
NickelXenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Because I watched episode two and there was no touchy mother-daughter moment. I don't think Michiko told Hatchin she was her mother. Of course, I don't speak Japanese at all and can understand bits and pieces, but I didn't hear the word mother come up. I didn't get a response from Hatchin that said, "Oh my god! I finally found my mother!" or something.
NickelXenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 13:57   Link #224
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Because I watched episode two and there was no touchy mother-daughter moment. I don't think Michiko told Hatchin she was her mother. Of course, I don't speak Japanese at all and can understand bits and pieces, but I didn't hear the word mother come up. I didn't get a response from Hatchin that said, "Oh my god! I finally found my mother!" or something.
Well, separated since birth kind of makes these moments not typical. She actually identifies with dad more.

How many people would want to say, "Oh boy, my mom's an escaped convict." and be happy about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Well, the genetics of the complexions and hair types is a bit too much to swallow for this scenario. I'm willing to keep an open mind.
Old 2008-11-02, 13:59   Link #225
NickelXenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well, separated since birth kind of makes these moments not typical. She actually identifies with dad more.

How many people would want to say, "Oh boy, my mom's an escaped convict." and be happy about it?
Well, I'd just be glad I had a mom, escaped convict or not. The fact someone loved me and didn't want to pick on me every day would be enough to make me happy if I had lived the kind of live Hatchin had.
Old 2008-11-02, 14:04   Link #226
orion

Quote:
Well, I'd just be glad I had a mom, escaped convict or not. The fact someone loved me and didn't want to pick on me every day would be enough to make me happy if I had lived the kind of live Hatchin had.
I'd tell her to go back to whatever prison she came from and stay in an orphanage instead.
Old 2008-11-02, 14:08   Link #227
NickelXenon

Quote:
I'd tell her to go back to whatever prison she came from and stay in an orphanage instead.

Are you kidding me? Did you not see the kind of abuse Hatchin went through? Maria was going to burn her face with an iron! Not to mention the priest goes trigger happy on Hatchin. Michiko treats Hatchin kindly too, isn't that worth something? I'd rather go with the person that treated me like a human being than stay with those that thought I was less than trash.
Old 2008-11-02, 15:54   Link #228
orion

I said stay in an orphanage and not go back to the foster parents.

I'd still tell "mother" to go crawl back into that prison. Genetics does not a real parent make.
Old 2008-11-02, 16:16   Link #229
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
You're being too realistic and practical. This is an anime fantasy, where the orphanage people are all monsters (really!) and the criminal is a good person. MichikoxHatchin ftw.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 16:31   Link #230
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

From what I remember in a translation of one of the press releases, Michiko is Hana's father's girlfriend, and is looking for him. I figure the truth about the relationship will play into the narrative at some point.

For those thinking this is based on the "Mushroom Samba" episode of CB, it might be more useful to think of both sharing a common ancestor in the rich tradition of 70's exploitation films rather than any direct lineage, Wantanabe's presence notwithstanding...

The only nit I have about this show so far is that the animation timing is really clunky and mediocre most of the time (sense of weight, momentum, and motion). But that's just my western bias; everything else is top-notch and it's pretty much the only show I'm watching this season. Here's hoping for timely HD subs during the duration!
Fellini 8.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 17:47   Link #231
NickelXenon

Quote:
I said stay in an orphanage and not go back to the foster parents.

I'd still tell "mother" to go crawl back into that prison. Genetics does not a real parent make.

They're not foster parents. They adopted Hatchin, so Hatchin isn't going to an orphanage. She has no choice but to stay with them. Didn't you notice in the first episode how they put a close-up on the adoption papers? And I know genetics doesn't make a parent and in fact I'm doubting Michiko is Hana's mother. But I'd still rather want to be with someone that took care of me as opposed to the horrible alternative. Besides, we're not sure what Michiko is in for although we can guess from her actions what sorts of things she's gotten herself into.
Old 2008-11-02, 19:55   Link #232
orion

Quote:
They're not foster parents. They adopted Hatchin, so Hatchin isn't going to an orphanage. She has no choice but to stay with them. Didn't you notice in the first episode how they put a close-up on the adoption papers?
And if she'd say " I was abused by those people." or beat the crap out of those kids, she'd go to the orphanage. Sometime you got to speak up for yourself.

Being on the lam with a felon on a motorcycle isn't too much of an improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
You're being too realistic and practical. This is an anime fantasy, where the orphanage people are all monsters (really!) and the criminal is a good person. MichikoxHatchin ftw.

Yeah, I know. It can really be a drag sometimes.
Old 2008-11-02, 21:05   Link #233
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

I wonder who is Hatchin's dad is...
As a side note, if this were a live action, there is no way Michiko could have a kid and look that thin. But, this is an anime, so...
phishn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 21:33   Link #234
NickelXenon

Quote:
And if she'd say " I was abused by those people." or beat the crap out of those kids, she'd go to the orphanage. Sometime you got to speak up for yourself.

Being on the lam with a felon on a motorcycle isn't too much of an improvement.

Yeah, I know. It can really be a drag sometimes.

Well, I assumed the reason Hatchin didn't speak up is because she thinks the alternative is much worse. The priest told her that if he hadn't "saved" her she'd be out selling her body or having her organs sold. Considering the poverty of the town, it's not that unrealistic. There's also the fact the priest is one of the most well respected figures in the community and Hatchin has never shown problems before when the social worker came by. If she were to suddenly say something, they might not believe her. It's not like in America where they investigate things inch by inch. Hatchin would just come off as a whiny brat, or at least, the priest would make her look like one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishn37 View Post
As a side note, if this were a live action, there is no way Michiko could have a kid and look that thin. But, this is an anime, so...
That's no true. Plenty of people can get their figure back, you just have to work at it. And stretch marks aren't that hard to get rid of if you use the right products.
Old 2008-11-02, 21:40   Link #235
orion

Quote:
That's no true. Plenty of people can get their figure back, you just have to work at it. And stretch marks aren't that hard to get rid of if you use the right products.
Now do you really think that Michiko can afford the products to remove stretch marks or to fill in her tatoo post pregnancy?

This would be when Kaoru Chujo reminds me again not to be too practical or realistic.
Old 2008-11-02, 21:52   Link #236
karumofin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellini 8.5 View Post
Here's hoping for timely HD subs during the duration!
me, i hope were getting any subs AT AL since tis sunday and still nothing.
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 23:01   Link #237
NickelXenon

Quote:
Now do you really think that Michiko can afford the products to remove stretch marks or to fill in her tatoo post pregnancy?

This would be when Kaoru Chujo reminds me again not to be too practical or realistic.
I still don't think Michiko is her mother, but taking care of stretch marks isn't expensive at all. It's not like she couldn't get her tattoo filled in prison either. I mean, really, inmates get tattoos in there all the time. Cocoa butter lotion works for some people and that's not that expensive at all. Stretch marks don't just appear on your stomach either. They could be on her breats, thighs, or hips. But yeah, it's an anime so they can do what they want.
Old 2008-11-02, 23:22   Link #238
orion

Cocoa butter would be an anime only fix.

You'd be an idiot to get a tatoo in prison nowadays. There're this little things called HIV and Hepatits B going around.
Old 2008-11-03, 00:03   Link #239
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
You'd be an idiot to get a tatoo in prison nowadays. There're this little things called HIV and Hepatits B going around.
That doesn't change the fact that a large percentage of inmates do just that, tho. In the US of A, it's actually forbidden to get a tattoo in prison, but that doesn't change the fact that most people so inclined still do it - and in Canada there are even prisons with tattoo parlors, in an attempt to minimize the risks of spreading just such diseases as you mentioned.

Here in Brazil, people just use needles, pens and ashes, and they're set.

Still waiting on the subs...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 08:05   Link #240
NickelXenon

Quote:
Cocoa butter would be an anime only fix.
The fact of the matter is that it is perscribed still and I didn't say it worked for everyone. There are plenty of other cheap ways to get rid of stretch marks. Although even your link states creams and lotions can get rid of stretch marks and even calls it cheaper than most methods.

PS: Did anyone else find it hilarious when Hatchin fell of Michiko's bike?