AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2008-11-04, 15:38   Link #4421
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I love how McCain is portrayed as a cackling super villain, Palin as an evil feminist, Obama as a determined fellow and Biden as a.....metrosexual.
I think the extra person is supposed to be Hillary Clinton...why she is there, I have no idea, but it is clearly not Biden. Maybe she is supposed to be Obama-Man's love interest .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 15:54   Link #4422
nanafan
horo fan

i voted a few hours ago, i will be upset if mccain wins, i feel that if he is pres, it will be the same as having bush.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 16:33   Link #4423
typhonsentra

I think Obama should handily win, he's ahead in all polls and hasn't lost a single one in the popular vote to McCain since September.

If someone McCain/Palin win this however.... I dunno what I'd do. I might look into if I can get work overseas. Canada seems like the more logical choice but I'd prefer to think of it as a new beginning and that'd be boring. One positive would be if things progress much further we might have a Mad Max-style post-apocalyptic way of life here soon. That would be pretty exciting, wouldn't it?
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 16:34   Link #4424
DarkSide Hero
Hero From the Darkside

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I think the extra person is supposed to be Hillary Clinton...why she is there, I have no idea, but it is clearly not Biden. Maybe she is supposed to be Obama-Man's love interest .
WOW I thought so too lol
The woman yelled over her shoulder to her husband watching a game to ask who she was voting for. He responded, "we're votin' for the n***er!" The woman turned back to the canvasser and said matter-of-factly, "we're voting for the n***er."

In this economy, racism is officially a luxury.
DarkSide Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 16:38   Link #4425
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafan View Post
i voted a few hours ago, i will be upset if mccain wins, i feel that if he is pres, it will be the same as having bush.
I think McCain would be worse than Bushy to be honest. Bushy seems to have learned a bit from the mistakes he's made in the past as is starting to come around on some policies. McCain on the other hand seems to be behind the curve on it. On top of that, McCain is known for having a temper and holding a grudge. I'm not sure he really has the temperment to be president. The last thing we need is a hot head in the white house.

I already voted though. My first time voting in Arizona. I have to say the system they have out here sucks. I much prefer the machines they had back in New Jersey. Here they have paper ballots that you fill in like a scantron test, which are then counted electronicly. Back in NJ they had, at least in 2004 before I moved out here, elctronic voting machines that you'd hit a button, then a little flag would appear next to the name you selected, and once you were done, you hit a vote button.
Old 2008-11-04, 16:46   Link #4426
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Just got back from my first time voting and wow it was a great feeling. I was swinging back and forth for quite some time the past week of who I was going to vote for as I really didn't feel too happy about either candidate, but I eventually decided on Obama. To think just the other day I was feeling as though I would defenitely vote for McCain, but that changed after I spent a good amount of time thinking things over while waiting in line.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 16:57   Link #4427
solomon

The problem isn't so much McCain as it is the Republican party/Bush Croynies and I was wary that McCain would associate himself too much with them. Other than that, I actually didn't mind him based off what I read, but then again I'm not from Arizona so I haven't followed him until this campaign.

Either way Righty-Tighties can say what they want about liberals being "un" or "anti" american all they want, but we felt good to just be able to vote in a democracy just as much as people of other beliefs are.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 17:53   Link #4428
NickelXenon

I voted a while back via my absentee ballot. I was supposed to vote in Texas, but since I'm in Boston right now, I couldn't very well fly back for the election. So I just submitted my absentee ballot and dealt with it like that. Obama for 08!
NickelXenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 18:20   Link #4429
Avacado Burger
Senpai, we musn't!!!

The Popular Vote is a joke. So I had a little fun with it and did a write-in for Haruhi Suzumiya.

However on the local level, I did takes things more seriously.
Avacado Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 18:32   Link #4430
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
BBC live vote counter
I thought counting would have already began, but i guess it'll be November 5th when things are officially cemented?
Btw, if they're counting throughout the night, does this mean you guys aren't sleeping?

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 18:38   Link #4431
DarkSide Hero
Hero From the Darkside

Fired up! Ready to go!
The woman yelled over her shoulder to her husband watching a game to ask who she was voting for. He responded, "we're votin' for the n***er!" The woman turned back to the canvasser and said matter-of-factly, "we're voting for the n***er."

In this economy, racism is officially a luxury.
DarkSide Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 18:39   Link #4432
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Polls are about to close, I believe. It has been one hell of a ride for this election.
Old 2008-11-04, 18:42   Link #4433
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I think it's supposed to be Hillary.
Old 2008-11-04, 18:46   Link #4434
Conri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
The Race to 270:
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q.../2008/race.png
Every 2 pixels represents 1 EV
Saber represents Obama, Archer represents McCain
You'll be keeping this updated? Cool.
Conri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 18:49   Link #4435
nanafan
horo fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
I think McCain would be worse than Bushy to be honest. Bushy seems to have learned a bit from the mistakes he's made in the past as is starting to come around on some policies. McCain on the other hand seems to be behind the curve on it. On top of that, McCain is known for having a temper and holding a grudge. I'm not sure he really has the temperment to be president. The last thing we need is a hot head in the white house.

I already voted though. My first time voting in Arizona. I have to say the system they have out here sucks. I much prefer the machines they had back in New Jersey. Here they have paper ballots that you fill in like a scantron test, which are then counted electronicly. Back in NJ they had, at least in 2004 before I moved out here, elctronic voting machines that you'd hit a button, then a little flag would appear next to the name you selected, and once you were done, you hit a vote button.
yeah i used a paper ballot and had to do the scantron thing too, i liked doing the one where you poke holes, that was more fun lol, some of the cities in my state had a wait to vote for 7 hours...ridicolous, at least people were motivated to vote this election
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 18:59   Link #4436
mg1942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
we need a Democratic president.
At this stage a Democratic prez is icing on the cake.

If Obama loses today, nothing of value is lost. Be happy that you'll still have a democratic supermajority that will stay in power for the next 20+ years.
20 years is possible (may be too generous), assuming if leftist elements in the democratic party don't suddenly push/shove radical agendas under the guise of this year's election theme: Change.

I'd hate to see democrats lose seats just because the Change they'll do is not in-sync and not compatible with most Americans...
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 19:04   Link #4437
Luminisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
At this stage a Democratic prez is icing on the cake.

If Obama loses today, nothing of value is lost. Be happy that you'll still have a democratic supermajority that will stay in power for the next 20+ years.
20 years is possible (may be too generous), assuming if leftist elements in the democratic party don't suddenly push/shove radical agendas under the guise of this year's election theme: Change.
Remember there are a few liberal Supreme Court justices that are nearing their time, I doubt it if they can hold on for 4 or 8 more years.

Luminisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 19:10   Link #4438
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I think Obama should handily win, he's ahead in all polls and hasn't lost a single one in the popular vote to McCain since September.

If someone McCain/Palin win this however.... I dunno what I'd do. I might look into if I can get work overseas. Canada seems like the more logical choice but I'd prefer to think of it as a new beginning and that'd be boring. One positive would be if things progress much further we might have a Mad Max-style post-apocalyptic way of life here soon. That would be pretty exciting, wouldn't it?

Your post reminds me a lot of french people reactions during french elections "If Sarkozy wins, I left"...sadly he wons and we are still there (and things are bad, really bad...)

I'm looking forward US elections since a while now, and Obama seems really like the good one in my opinion, his program is really good (especially about the healthy cover and the Irak war)...if Mc Cain wins...well, France share your pain

Anyway, the voting system doesn't seems really fair in USA...it should be time to think about a direct voting without this double system...

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 19:13   Link #4439
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Obama wins VT
McCain wins KY

Dems win the VA Senate seat

Old 2008-11-04, 19:22   Link #4440
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post

Your post reminds me a lot of french people reactions during french elections "If Sarkozy wins, I left"...sadly he wons and we are still there (and things are bad, really bad...)

I'm looking forward US elections since a while now, and Obama seems really like the good one in my opinion, his program is really good (especially about the healthy cover and the Irak war)...if Mc Cain wins...well, France share your pain

Anyway, the voting system doesn't seems really fair in USA...it should be time to think about a direct voting without this double system...
The problem with direct voting is, you can't check the candidates enough, or other tricks can be used to influence the election. It happen in Taiwan, and some other countries as well. It can result in the worse or better candidate to really try getting every single vote out. So, that is why, the double vote system is important, even if it is a hassle to deal with. It does create a checking system to make it harder just to win.

The problem with the US comes from state or local level voting, for it is too error prone by any body to use fraud or oppression. It doesn't matter with or without technology, for the problem is in the set up officials use for voting.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debate, elections, politics, united_states