AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2008-10-23, 21:33   Link #441
kimini

i remove the {/k0} and now this is instart the SSA 2 AFX np
thank you very much all, this is very helpful.

pichu, why not you make a video with example how to use your script. i'm sure this is very help for ppl as wall.
i think the empty or space syllables "Bug", can be the AFX the problem?
AFX dont read the line in the right points, or he miss the line.
kimini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 05:56   Link #442
pichu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimini View Post
i remove the {/k0} and now this is instart the SSA 2 AFX np
thank you very much all, this is very helpful.

pichu, why not you make a video with example how to use your script. i'm sure this is very help for ppl as wall.
i think the empty or space syllables "Bug", can be the AFX the problem?
AFX dont read the line in the right points, or he miss the line.
I already gave the sample project. Isn't that enough? And my voice is horrible lol. if anyone here wants to voice for me, sure. I'll write up my dialogues. Basically, I'll have to teach people about text animators first before going into this script.

It's not a bug... You can do empty spaces in AFX Text Animators, but why bother doing effects on empty spaces--if you know text animators quite well-- they serve no purpose except for wasting your cpu cycles. And since it uses a range selector per syllable, spaces or negative timings or 0 timings will not affect the outcome.

Anyways, I don't think people here are well-verse enough to use Text Animators alone... They should read up video tutorials on text animators even before trying anything. (there are a few good ones at creative cow) And my script requires indepth knowledge of text animators, since it contains no presets of text anim unlike shinjipierre's and paul's -- it gives a higher degree of achievement but impossible for people who use AFX just to make Karaoke.

Last edited by pichu; 2008-10-24 at 06:07.
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 18:55   Link #443
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

well, all we've seen of your script is tons of ununderstandable lines of scripts comments.... you certainly don't know how to sell a product

Show quickly how it's used in a video and i bet everyone will use it....

by the way, all I've seen on creative cow... is really laughable
Old 2008-10-26, 01:28   Link #444
Akatsuker
Forever Espada
*Fansubber

A damn simple question:

Is there a way of defining the time range in which an expression (example: wiggle(5,10) on property "position", just like this, only) will act? When I apply an expression, all that I got is an expression that goes ALL the duration on this wiggle.
If, let's say, I want a wiggle only on the last 5 seconds (the layer goes 30 seconds), how do I should proceed? Thanks.
Akatsuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 04:52   Link #445
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Say you want to wiggle the position (like you asked).. and only wiggle in the y-direction.. you would do this: (commented the lines for you, not mandatory of course :P)
Code:
val = value; //value is 2 dimensional, value[0] = x, value[1] = y
if (time > thisLayer.outPoint - 5 && time < thisLayer.outPoint) {
 val = wiggle(5,10) //val is also 2 dimensional
}
[value[0], val[1]] //makes an 2 dimensional array of 2 values
Notice that you can still drag the values of the position and move the layer.. so the position is not hardcoded in the expression.

EDIT:
You can get the .aep here (requires AE CS3 or higher, I didn't install CS4 yet).
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 22:14   Link #446
Orochi^
未来

Hello

I'm doing karaokes in After Effects for a while, but now I've alredy tried all the plugins (effects), and need some fresh ones to work with :\

Anybody have any hints for me? ^^
Thank you a lot!
Orochi^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 07:06   Link #447
pichu
*Fansubber

Uhh I'm not sure what's your purpose to use more effects. Like knowing how to use fractal noise isn't the same as applying fractal noise, in which you'll need to couple this effect with several other effects to get the desired effects you want. The only plugins I actually need to use are those of Trapcode (shine, particular, form, and so forth). Even with Trapcode Shine, I always ended up going back to the default AFX plugins to simulate shines than using Trapcode's (i.e. simulating 3d shines as oppose to Trapcode's 2D).
Old 2008-11-02, 08:05   Link #448
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

If you want fresh brand new effects....

Try to make a script for cinema 4D, it's the best 3d program for motion graphics.
The mograph thing it has is great, but, well, I don't think karaokes should go that far ^^
Old 2008-11-06, 17:10   Link #449
keikochan4

Well, I'm a newbie, but I have a lots of question. I have AFX CS3, but I can't do anything special with karaoke. My first problem is, that when I load my karaoe script, the spaces aren't the right positions. And I like to make a karaoke like Black-Order's D.Gray-man 5th ending, where the butterflies flying away. I should download plugin for it, or I must use another method? Where can I load a plugin? Sorry for the trouble...
keikochan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 17:34   Link #450
pichu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by keikochan4 View Post
Well, I'm a newbie, but I have a lots of question. I have AFX CS3, but I can't do anything special with karaoke. My first problem is, that when I load my karaoe script, the spaces aren't the right positions. And I like to make a karaoke like Black-Order's D.Gray-man 5th ending, where the butterflies flying away. I should download plugin for it, or I must use another method? Where can I load a plugin? Sorry for the trouble...
1. If you're using shinji's script, you need to adjust the spacing manually via Space control. However, if you're using mine, that's already done automatically if you're doing per-syllable effects (Characters Anchor based on Word).

2. Trapcode Particular. It's great for making the images to spread out. You should also look into my script, as I implemented syllable positions and syllable per layer.
Old 2008-11-07, 21:19   Link #451
Orochi^
未来

Ah, I see.
I'll try to mess up some more with the actual plugins. Thank you for the help! : D
Ah, shinjipierre, you're a karaoke legend :P
I'd be too much asking how you did the effects on Fate stay night's ending? I just LOVED these. Both the circling glow and that cloud-exploding effect. Specially the cloud one, it's just AMAZING! : D
I want to be like you when I grow up xD

pichu, I'd like to know some more about your script, it seems intresting [:
Old 2008-11-08, 06:20   Link #452
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

First part...
I noticed two days ago... a real dumb mistake in my code... it was supposed to remove the {\k0} from the files.... I did the function.... it worked.... forgot to use it in the code....

So !
There's a new version of the script at the usual place...
www.remipierre.fr

Second part...
Quote:
effects on Fate stay night's ending
well, the first effect is just a vegas effect, nothing really complicated.
the second one are cloud particles made with particular and some color correction to match the background's colors.

Third part
Quote:
I want to be like you when I grow up xD
Oh no, you don't want to... I work more than 10 hours a day in a famous studio... don't earn that much money...
Old 2008-11-08, 06:36   Link #453
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

I thought you used 3dsmax for the particles in F/SN ED?
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 07:28   Link #454
pichu
*Fansubber

yeah, i still generate effects for {\k0} and {\k}<spaces>. The reason is that without doing this way, other options won't work at all, as I generate a range selector per syllable.
Old 2008-11-10, 09:27   Link #455
tymek88

Hey!

Have anyone any Tutorials how to make haraoke in AAE??
tymek88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 16:30   Link #456
Orochi^
未来

shinjipierre and pichu, thank you for the help :]
I'll try it out : D
Old 2008-11-11, 04:24   Link #457
Kageri

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymek88 View Post
Hey!

Have anyone any Tutorials how to make haraoke in AAE??
Shinjipierres import script comes along with a tutorial(www.remipierre.fr). Thats very helpful for the beginning and I could do my first karaoke right after this. For the next step you have to learn the AFX stuff from the basics on, so that you can figure out things by yourself.
You'll find helpful tutorials all over the net.
CreativeCow is a good adress for example:
http://forums.creativecow.net/
Kageri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 16:58   Link #458
zamboo
is a stupid ass

Hi, how would one make a bouncing ball effect or similar using shinji's script, one kinda like shinji's beck and onegai twins openings?
I can do it manually by placing keyframes and changing the postions but that takes too long, is there a more automated way to do it?
Thanks in advance.
zamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 18:44   Link #459
pichu
*Fansubber

bah in the coming weeks, I'll be implementing a GUI (ScriptUI Panel) for my templatable Karoake script (and I should also be implementing auto-probing for keyframed properties) for CS3/CS4 (Sorry, AE7 and under won't work). I have had an idea how to do this using Treeview structure, and the old way will still work. (I'm considering to use XML config, because there's an example in Adobe ScriptUI to do this, but I didn't like the interface at all) I'm also planning to add animator presets, but it won't be direct since the keyframes from the presets will have to be renormalized to the settings you have. This way, you can make a karaoke in under 5 minutes (minus the rendering and generating times). That's my ideal. Why wasting time to do things manually?

My KRK Script allows automatic positioning.

There's an example (CS3 AE project file) there I made in like 5 minutes to show you how.

Edit:

Bouncing ball:

If you have an image/shape layer named "Ball": do the following on that layer--

Define a Effects->slider control called Position.
insert a 0 at the beginning of the marker/inpoint, and a 100 at the end of the marker/outpoint
for that slider control.

Go to transform->position:
insert a few keyframes.
Assume that the horizontal position of the text layer is 640.
add a keyframe at [ marker with a value: 640, 0
add another keyframe at the middle (between [ and ] markers) with a value: 640, 30
add another keyframe at teh end at ] marker with a value: 640, 0

(Use linear keyframe; bezier keyframes do not work, since I didn't normalize on the curves)

[a more natural, parabolic bouncing will have to be done in expressions. In this case, you can set 0 and 1 and then back to 0 HOLD KEYFRAMES value to vertical position, and do a parabolic vertical position on [0,1] values: very easy to do, but for the sake of getting people to understand this system: I'm not going to go into details about how to do that]

Next ALT-CLOCK it and type in:

[ effect("Position")(1) + value[0] , value[1] ]

Go to your code sections ( I assumed you went through my tutorial ) -- type in the following:
Code:
add( "Ball" )

.p( 'transform.position' , { syl: true } )
.p( 'effect("Position")' , { syl: true , pos: true } )
and it should be able to bounce the ball once you generate your new karaoke.

Last edited by pichu; 2008-11-12 at 19:17. Reason: Add how to bounce the ball.
Old 2008-11-13, 03:33   Link #460
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

what i did was... put the keyframes when it's above the syllable, takes like 1 minutes per sentence when you know how to to it...

and I had a script that added a keyframe in between the two keyframes, shift the postion and put a bezier on that key

i can give that script if you want

P.S : Why do you type something like 30 lines for something so simple, pichu.... it's damn confusing....