Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-16, 14:47   Link #601
Dop
Mmmm....

Oh... My.... GOD.

That was just... harrowing.

One of the things about ...memories that has always stuck in my head was the Miyako phone sequence as one of the two truly memorable moments of the series.

I think here they've trumped that. I think that in a year's time I think back to this series, Yuuko's sequence will be one of the things I remember most, if not the thing I remember most.

Memorable, and gripping, and horrifying. I was sitting there completely rooted to my seat.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 18:35   Link #602
SkoolRumble4Ya

Yeah I second that this definitely reminds me of the phone call but I felt this one is much more scarier.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 19:08   Link #603
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

watched ep 2 yesderday. it didnt really strike me like it should have, tho i must admit i was shocked when yuuko started talking about how she was abused. i had to watch that scene over twice just to get a good scoop of what i was watching. i found it really hard to take all that in because it was the first epic thing to happen so far, and so much came out at once. overall it was definately a good ep

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
anime ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 21:22   Link #604
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
It really was saddening, episode 6 that is. There's only a few anime can strike me with a sudden whim of hatred, regret, and sorrow at the same time. But the story has finally become interesting. Of course at first Yuuko is very mysterious, you get a few hints here and there but nothing of significant importance, but this episode was quite good.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 21:25   Link #605
Lostdreams

Still wondering when the kuze violin song is gonna come out. It's so good!!!
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 21:33   Link #606
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
The sorrowful one? Possibly.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 06:01   Link #607
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
It's 'a moon filled sky' without the piano piece, and i'm guessing it'll be on one of the two soundtracks that's being released for the series.
Old 2008-11-17, 06:54   Link #608
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Episode 6 article is up:

[RIUVA] ef ~a tale of melodies~, Episode 6

The much-discussed Yuuko scene is good in its own right, but somehow to me, it falls just short when compared to the infamous Miyako scene.
It is really hard to beat Miyako's scene for two reasons, it came first and it was a powerful scene.
I bet if Yuuko's scene had been done first, Miyako's scene would not have been as powerful as it was.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 07:11   Link #609
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Miyako's one was great too, but ultimately, it was a delusion. What makes Yuuko's revelation even more harrowing is that basically it shattered her as a human being (well... Miyako was too actually) and there's that whole beast with the sexual abuse. In typical Asian soap-opera fashion, it just HAD to be her adoptive brother. Almost downright stereotypical in that 'worst case scenario' aspect, but still.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 09:46   Link #610
destiny4everlove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Episode 6 article is up:

[RIUVA] ef ~a tale of melodies~, Episode 6

The much-discussed Yuuko scene is good in its own right, but somehow to me, it falls just short when compared to the infamous Miyako scene.
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
It is really hard to beat Miyako's scene for two reasons, it came first and it was a powerful scene.
I bet if Yuuko's scene had been done first, Miyako's scene would not have been as powerful as it was.

I think it all depends on the POV of the fan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by destiny4everlove View Post
I just finished rewatching ef-a tale of memories until episode 7. About episode 7, which is the mirror episode of ep 6 in ef- melo, I know Miyako's scene is supposed to be really touching and you’re supposed to feel really bad for Miyako and all that stuff. However, even though I felt sad for her because of her past, the main emotion that I felt while watching her monologue was uneasiness. You get the feeling that she is a “little” obsessed and crazy. I could not feel as heartbroken as when I watched Yuuko’s monologue in episode 6. I know I have said that I’m not very fond of Miyako, but to my surprise, after rewatching ef-memo, I found myself not disliking Miyako as much as before. She is still not one of my favs, but I don’t hate her or truly dislike her either. In fact, I’m glad she ended up with Hiro.

I guess it’s the fact that episode 6 was much darker than episode 7, and that it mainly focused on Yuuko and Yuu that it really emotionally touched me big time.
As I said in that post, for me Yuuko’s scene was a more powerful scene when compared to Miyako's scene.

We’ll never know which scene was in fact better or more powerful, because in the end it all depends of the POV of the person who watched those scenes.

Thank you so much for my beautiful avy and my amazing sig, TheEroKing!!!
destiny4everlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 14:57   Link #611
sirn
田舎者言うな

Watched episode 7…
Spoiler for episode 7 thoughts:

Keywords, for someone who cares:
Quote:
004 - und
005 - Die
017 - Glaub'
033 - Gestalt
038 - Verfolge
053 - Berührung
001-005 now becomes "Mut zum Leben und Die" which means "Courage to live and die" (using Google Translate) which seems perfectly matches Kuze’s current situation... then again, 001-006 is "Mut zum Leben und Die Zukunft," which Google translated as "Courage to live and the future," ... it didn't make much sense, I think.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 16:40   Link #612
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Fuu... Wonder if it's strange to feel more emotionally involved with poor Amamiya-sensei than the rest of the cast... 。・゜・(つД`)・゜・。
Wakame, kakkoii!

Spoiler for ep7:

WarumWarumWarumWarumWarumWarumWarumWarumWarumWarum WarumWarumWarumWarumWarumWarumWarumWarumWarumWarum WarumWarumWarumWarumWarumWarumWarumWarumWarumWarum WarumWarumWarumWarumWarumWarumWarumWarumWarumWarum

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 18:38   Link #613
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode seven:
Old 2008-11-17, 19:09   Link #614
Pappnase
Haibane

Keywords

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Keywords, for someone who cares:

001-005 now becomes "Mut zum Leben und Die" which means "Courage to live and die" (using Google Translate) which seems perfectly matches Kuze’s current situation... then again, 001-006 is "Mut zum Leben und Die Zukunft," which Google translated as "Courage to live and the future," ... it didn't make much sense, I think.
I do care, so...

... "die" is just feminine or plural of "the", it's just that Google didn't translate it without any context. Unfortunately, "die" in English means something totally different...

Anyway, does someone have the keywords of episode 4 and 6 at hand? Those up to episode 3 and those for 5 and 7 have been posted... Though I don't think it will be possible to make something out of it yet.

There are also some tiny translation errors for the keywords in a certain groups' translation - "ferner" means "further", not "father", and "Himmels" is genetive (and not plural) of "Himmel", so it would be "sky's" and not "skies".
Pappnase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 22:21   Link #615
Lostdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's 'a moon filled sky' without the piano piece, and i'm guessing it'll be on one of the two soundtracks that's being released for the series.
awww shucks, I can't find that song anywhere.
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 23:31   Link #616
Azure_Peregrine
Film Student

Send a message via AIM to Azure_Peregrine
Like so many others, I need subtitles to fully understand the content of this episode, but I think I got enough to BEGIN my analysis.

Spoiler:

I love this series. Seriously, each week, it gives me so much to think about. And finally it's given us some really good music. Ironic for a show that has "melodies" in the title.

Don't get me wrong. There's been good music elsewhere in the series. I think the best before this episode was in episode 3. But this episode... I think this is seriously the beginning of the series, these two episodes. Everything else can just be thought of as a precursor. This is where the show gets good, and this is where the melodies become memorable.
Azure_Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 23:57   Link #617
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

If I produced a work of art like ep7, I think I could die happy. Not so much the words/story, since like others, I'm going to have to wait for a sub to get all the details (although what I did understand was great). But just the images and music were thrilling.
Spoiler for ep7:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 00:33   Link #618
Azure_Peregrine
Film Student

Send a message via AIM to Azure_Peregrine
I can't believe I'm posting twice in the same night about the analysis for this episode... But I thought about it more, and decided I wanted to call this one.

Spoiler:

So then. Again, my apologies for posting twice so close together. But I hope that the people who read that will agree with me... It was worth posting all on it's own.
Azure_Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 02:43   Link #619
gaguri

Episode 7

I wouldn't say this episode was bad, because there were scenes I really liked and some really interesting conversations about missing colour/reluctance. But few things REALLY grated on my nerves.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-18, 03:29   Link #620
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappnase View Post
... "die" is just feminine or plural of "the", it's just that Google didn't translate it without any context. Unfortunately, "die" in English means something totally different...
Ah, thank you. So we have to wait for 007~ first for that sentence to make sense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappnase
Anyway, does someone have the keywords of episode 4 and 6 at hand? Those up to episode 3 and those for 5 and 7 have been posted... Though I don't think it will be possible to make something out of it yet.
Episode 6 is using memories-like keywords, a two Japanese words that contradicting each others and episode 4 is already posted previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta
Shaft... While they do amazing things visually at times, using the same technique over again for Kuze's super questioning time weakened the overall impact. Wonder if they ran out of ideas... Which shouldn't be true, since they are still playing with the OP, this time making it black&white.
It's possible that they intended to make WARUM scene to be weak, in order the emphasis the Kuze scene at the end. I believe Kuze's scene would looked funny and not as strong as it were without this.

I laughed at the knife, though. It looked like a basic Knife from certain RPG series. Oh, at least it isn't a yet-another-Yandere-with-a-box-cutter.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, shaft