AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-11-15, 14:21   Link #421
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
This wouldn't be the first time Gon has gotten in over his head, and ends up getting beat. Even so, I doubt that either Pitou nor Pufu single-handedly can just push Gon over. I'm not specifically saying he can win, but doubtful he's in one of those 'doesn't-stand-a-chance' situations. Remember what Killua did to Yupi. Though it was short-lived, Yupi could do absolutely nothing against Killua's techniques and power. Since Gon and Killua seemed to stay about the same level throughout this series, it's not all too unbelievable that he could do some serious dmg to them.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 15:52   Link #422
Key Board
Carbon

I didn't see Killua do any lasting damages to Yupi

at all..
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 18:05   Link #423
mrsticky005
Banned

Does anyone else think that Killua is beast throughout the whole Chimera Ant arc?
I mean compare him to when he was in Greed Island.
Killua was a little disappointing there.
Now he's back to his ol' Zaolydeck ways...

...instantaneous decaption.

Man...I want a Chimera Ant arc anime.
There's enough Hunter x Hunter is there?
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 21:40   Link #424
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

This image is cute and disturbing at the same time.

p.s. Pitou is saying "I love you".
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 09:39   Link #425
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

I don't remember that from any chapters.
Old 2008-11-20, 12:49   Link #426
mrsticky005
Banned

Possible future fight?

Gon vs Jairo?
Old 2008-11-22, 04:31   Link #427
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

is it just me or is grandpa batteling against Frieza in his 1st stage.
Old 2008-11-22, 21:23   Link #428
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
is it just me or is grandpa batteling against Frieza in his 1st stage.
Visually the King is like a mix of Cell and Frieza, but his personality is nothing like them. Not any more at least.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 11:46   Link #429
gencbiba

Am I the only one thinking that this is turning into some DBZ manga with each passing chapter? Honestly... I don't care what other fights there are, and what anyone else is fighting besides Gon and Killua.

Also, there has been a huge dropoff in the drawings in the past few chapters. I know it's been said before in previous pages (probably). Still, I'm looking forward to an end of this arc. It started out great, but has been slowly declining.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 20:27   Link #430
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba View Post
Am I the only one thinking that this is turning into some DBZ manga with each passing chapter? Honestly... I don't care what other fights there are, and what anyone else is fighting besides Gon and Killua.

Also, there has been a huge dropoff in the drawings in the past few chapters. I know it's been said before in previous pages (probably). Still, I'm looking forward to an end of this arc. It started out great, but has been slowly declining.
...what?

This arc started out like a DBZ story arc, then it moved away from that and got better.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 14:14   Link #431
mrsticky005
Banned

HxH is about as close to DBZ as Sesame Street is to Teletubbies.
They have virtually nothing in common.
(anyone who thinks Sesame Street is like Teletubbies obviously has not watched
one of the two shows.)
Old 2008-11-25, 01:42   Link #432
Umaibo

Dragon Ball Z is about power boosting fighters. The heros keep getting stronger and stronger, and each enemy is far stronger than the previous one.

Hunter x Hunter is pretty much different. The powers of the heros remain relatively constant, compared to, say, Dragon Ball Z. This is what worries me about this arc. I seriously don't think Gon can take out Pitou alone. It took like 5 people to fight against Youpi, and he hasn't even been defeated yet. How the hell will they defeat Pitou and Pouf? It is possible that the Genei Ryodan will step up. They appeared earlier in this arc. But what reasons would they have to help Gon and the others?

The other possibility is that ants like Pitou and the King do not die. I mean, they have showed sympathy towards the chess-girl; although Pitou was only following orders. But then, the world surely would not allow these ants to live. I seriously cannot imagine how this arc will end.

If Togashi takes any more hiatus, this arc won't finish for another 2+ years. =p
Umaibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 04:13   Link #433
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't know if Gon can take Pitou. But Pitou's problem is to protect the girl, not just to defeat Gon.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 18:44   Link #434
Umaibo

chapter 289:
I seriously have no idea what will happen now. I mean, what the hell, the character development has completely shifted towards the ants. Yu Yu Hakusho wasn't nearly as crazy as this. Don't let his hiatus fool you, Togashi definitely still has it.
Old 2008-11-28, 19:20   Link #435
Cinocard

When he was in hiatusm he couldn't write, but must have come up with all the complex plot stuff. The ants are taking out everyone without any damage done...

Now how can the Hunters win without the king changing his mind or Jin suddenly popping up?
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 19:34   Link #436
heebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba View Post
Also, there has been a huge dropoff in the drawings in the past few chapters.
You mean in the past hundred chapters, right?
Old 2008-11-28, 20:35   Link #437
Umaibo

I seriously think it is too early for Jin to show up. To me, at least, it is much more probable for the Genei Ryodan to join in the fight than Jin.
Old 2008-11-28, 22:21   Link #438
Key Board
Carbon

After a long and brutal battle ants and the humans will come to an understanding

suddenly the Ryoudan will drop in and kill steal the weakened Ants and Hunters

Gon: RAGE
Killua: RAGE

Granted that will really piss me off too. The only Ryoudan that I like is Hisoka
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 19:30   Link #439
gencbiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by usopsama View Post
Dragon Ball Z is about power boosting fighters. The heros keep getting stronger and stronger, and each enemy is far stronger than the previous one.

Hunter x Hunter is pretty much different. The powers of the heros remain relatively constant, compared to, say, Dragon Ball Z. This is what worries me about this arc. I seriously don't think Gon can take out Pitou alone. It took like 5 people to fight against Youpi, and he hasn't even been defeated yet. How the hell will they defeat Pitou and Pouf? It is possible that the Genei Ryodan will step up. They appeared earlier in this arc. But what reasons would they have to help Gon and the others?

The other possibility is that ants like Pitou and the King do not die. I mean, they have showed sympathy towards the chess-girl; although Pitou was only following orders. But then, the world surely would not allow these ants to live. I seriously cannot imagine how this arc will end.

If Togashi takes any more hiatus, this arc won't finish for another 2+ years. =p
When I mentioned DBZ, I meant it in the way that there are new stronger enemies every arc. They come off as immortal, just like some characters in DBZ. After every battle, they encounter some new guy that seems godly. When will the ceiling for power be reached?

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 15:34   Link #440
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by usopsama View Post
I seriously don't think Gon can take out Pitou alone. It took like 5 people to fight against Youpi, and he hasn't even been defeated yet. How the hell will they defeat Pitou and Pouf? It is possible that the Genei Ryodan will step up. They appeared earlier in this arc. But what reasons would they have to help Gon and the others?
complitly agree. Gon at his current stage should not be strong enough to beat Pitou. the only reason he was able to beat Genthru was that he set up the battlefield. he clearly had the advantege. also even if he is losing against Pitou i very much doubt that he would accept help from the others as this is very much a personal battle for him. he wants revenge. though that could work in his favor. as he may gain new found strength from passion of the battle and the emotional trigger could be pulled.

for the Genei Ryodan to show up could be that they are looking for a fight with the species who took over there town. even that is a big reach. that could be the only reason, but i highly doubt it. the're too busy trying to get Kuroro to come back. thsi is not really there mess.

Last edited by kayote; 2008-12-02 at 16:15.
kayote is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
overpowered villain