AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-12-09, 18:30   Link #121
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

In any case, I was pretty bummed about ep87 (2nd half of 86-87).

After having such good animation the last several episodes... they had to skimp on Nartuo's return and Team 7. It sucks!

Anyways about someone wanting Sasuke fillers. Believe me when I say that's that last thing you need or probably want. He'll get plenty of screen-time in a little... enough to make you ponder why the show was named 'Naruto' instead of 'Sasuke'.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 19:22   Link #122
Xbuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermutant View Post
I don't particularly have a problem with fillers as long as they don't revert to the usual formula. The last one was pretty good except for the Sora stuff. It'd also be nice if the anime was more willing to diverge from the manga. The fillers wouldn't seem as pointless then.
I must say that I agree with you there. I have always hated those usual cutsey nonsense fillers in the past, but this one actually looks OK.
If they use a lot of the cast from the canon anime, minimize the introduction of FOCs (Filler Only Character ^^), focus on something essential to the main story (like the Sanbi).. it can't fail! .. There would be no reason for it to be a crappy filler if it builds on the true lore and if it's not considered to be utterly useless in working FOR the canon, and this one certainly does that.. (the explanation of w-t-f happened to the Sanbi^^) ..

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least that way, when you finally DO criticize them; you'll be a mile away and have their shoes."
Xbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 19:30   Link #123
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
STILL not as bad-ass as if he had used a cigarette he had just been smoking to light up the exploding tags. I'll never get over this one....
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 20:17   Link #124
Supermutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuigetsuKun View Post
Good fillers mean good feelings and good feelings mean good entertainment. I hope that fits. Anime should be supporting the manga with background knowledge, details and of course colour.
Yeah. The fillers could be fun by filling in the missing story instead of filling in airtime.
Supermutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 20:49   Link #125
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikko_s View Post
STILL not as bad-ass as if he had used a cigarette he had just been smoking to light up the exploding tags. I'll never get over this one....
Oh yea...exactly.

I never really watched the latest eps except for the good animated ones and this one. But wasnt Shika meant to have light up a cigarette and smoked it some time during this arc?

I also thought he was going to use the smoked cigarette to ignite the tags.

Edit:

Yea, just checked...Shika smokes A LOT in this arc. He was also meant to be smoking at Konoha's gates when Tsunade was lecturing him.

Naruto can have his rasengan and Kyuubi. Sasuke can have his cursed seal and sharingan. They cant compare to Shika smoking looking like he doesnt give a sh*t. TOTAL BADASS.

The meaning of Asuma is still with us...wasnt with lighter but with his cigarettes. Though I think they shifted it due to perhaps the promotion of underage smoking...?

Last edited by Waking_Dreamer; 2008-12-09 at 21:15.
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 21:45   Link #126
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc1104 View Post
Yeah, my friend was telling me it's going to be half manga half fillers but I guess since it's intertwined like that, it should be decent.
From my understanding the Saskue and Orochimaru showings are manga "canon" and the Deidara and Tobi battle against their "chakra" monster will be what's "filled" in the story.

Remember, the manga never showed the Akatsuki battle against the Jinchuriki.
So I wouldn't call any of it "filler" cause all the events taking place will be Naruto continuity.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 10:28   Link #127
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
From my understanding the Saskue and Orochimaru showings are manga "canon" and the Deidara and Tobi battle against their "chakra" monster will be what's "filled" in the story.

Remember, the manga never showed the Akatsuki battle against the Jinchuriki.
So I wouldn't call any of it "filler" cause all the events taking place will be Naruto continuity.
Tough to say how well it will work though. I can imagine it going really badly if they mess up any of the continuity as far as how powerful the characters are perceived. They did that a lot in the 100+ stretch of filler episodes in the first Naruto anime. Made it unwatchable.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 12:18   Link #128
zaxthezax

....but they have the chance to do the best filler ever :P
Let's dream abit 'bout better times ;-)
zaxthezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 17:11   Link #129
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

woooooooooooooooooww i am very impressed by Naruto new technique why do we have to wait till next week for more?
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 17:14   Link #130
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma77 View Post
woooooooooooooooooww i am very impressed by Naruto new technique why do we have to wait till next week for more?
Well, we have to wait for profound dialogues like that one:
Kasuma: Asuma!
Asuma: Kasuma!
Kasuma: Asuma!!
Asuma: Kasuma!!
Kasuma: Asuma!!!
Asuma: Kasuma!!!

or maybe...

A: Bikouchu!
B: Bikouchu?
A: Bikouchu!
B: Ah, Bikouchu!
A: Yes, Bikouchu!
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 17:15   Link #131
alpha_farce

Cmon now people. In all fairness, I don't think it would be right to call what is about to unfold, a filler. If so I think it would be the BEST filler if we want to call it. I have high hopes for this next arc. Needless to say Konoha is bound to have a victory. So Kakazu (possibly), Hidan, Sasori are down. I am happy with the way the Akatsuki are getting knocked off. What would be awesome is to see a kill from Sasuke just so we know where his is in strength in comparability to Naruto.

ALPHA
alpha_farce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 17:18   Link #132
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_farce View Post
Cmon now people. In all fairness, I don't think it would be right to call what is about to unfold, a filler. If so I think it would be the BEST filler if we want to call it. I have high hopes for this next arc. Needless to say Konoha is bound to have a victory. So Kakazu (possibly), Hidan, Sasori are down. I am happy with the way the Akatsuki are getting knocked off. What would be awesome is to see a kill from Sasuke just so we know where his is in strength in comparability to Naruto.

ALPHA
Why? Naruto hasn't yet killed any Akatsuki, has he?
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
Old 2008-12-10, 17:21   Link #133
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_farce View Post

ALPHA
Actually, I have to say that's the biggest problem with the series so far...
The akatsuki are dying off way too quickly.
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 17:27   Link #134
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Actually, I have to say that's the biggest problem with the series so far...
The akatsuki are dying off way too quickly.
I guess the problem is everything is too single-sided... I think other enemies should appear. Orochimaru had a lot more style than these Akatsuki. Akatsuki is okay, but they all lack personality and a detailed background story. Something we've not been missing from Orochimaru.
Old 2008-12-10, 17:39   Link #135
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
I guess the problem is everything is too single-sided... I think other enemies should appear. Orochimaru had a lot more style than these Akatsuki. Akatsuki is okay, but they all lack personality and a detailed background story. Something we've not been missing from Orochimaru.
Exactly. Orochimaru was a villan with charisma. Not like these guys...
Old 2008-12-10, 17:42   Link #136
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
The meaning of Asuma is still with us...wasnt with lighter but with his cigarettes. Though I think they shifted it due to perhaps the promotion of underage smoking...?
it's okay for kids to read it...but watching it on tv? that's a no-no
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 17:50   Link #137
itachi29al

Quote:
No offense but oro is quite possible the worst villain in the series. He soo uncreative, he just like every other shonen villain. His moves are dull and boring, i men all eh does is become snake and summon snakes. I have liked every akastisuki so far better then him. Also he is so one sided, he dosnt show any depth what so ever. Also the way they present his back story just makes it look like he was always evil and everyone was just too retarded to tell. Sorry to rant but he my least favorite character, period.
Old 2008-12-10, 18:51   Link #138
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
it's okay for kids to read it...but watching it on tv? that's a no-no
Well, parents aren't going to read a manga with their children as often as they might see it on t.v. Not to mention that More people are involved with the anime than the manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
No offense but oro is quite possible the worst villain in the series. He soo uncreative, he just like every other shonen villain. His moves are dull and boring, i men all eh does is become snake and summon snakes. I have liked every akastisuki so far better then him. Also he is so one sided, he dosnt show any depth what so ever. Also the way they present his back story just makes it look like he was always evil and everyone was just too retarded to tell. Sorry to rant but he my least favorite character, period.
So who is your faourite villan? It's Deidara, isn't it?
Old 2008-12-10, 19:26   Link #139
zaxthezax

I like Orochimaru, hes cool.
I hate Shino. Hes the most ridiculous character ever :P
zaxthezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 19:56   Link #140
Supermutant

Orochimaru's plenty cool. He just seldom does anything cool while fighting. Partially to blame in Sarutobi who prevented him from using many jutsus by ruining his arms.

The Akatsukis are just as cool I think, though they are naturally (from a literary perspective) weaker. They're all fairly unique in personality or powers, and they are mostly different kinds of villains. As for them dropping... I don't think they drop any faster than any other villains. (Save Orochimaru) They (the Akatsuki) can't all be treated as a slippery plotting type who keeps getting away. Consequently, I guess they don't loom that large over the story... but too many evil cooks wouldn't make for a good story, nor would it emphasize the dangerous nature of being a shinobi for all.
Supermutant is offline   Reply With Quote