AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-12-11, 08:47   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Anime-only] Shippuden Episode 88 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted a few days before it airs in Japan (which is on Thursday).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

• Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 11:16   Link #2
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

So this chapter will also be the start of another filler arc? (Atleast for most of the part?)
Old 2008-12-11, 11:27   Link #3
neshru

That's next episode.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 11:37   Link #4
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

hope not.

so where's the anime at?
Old 2008-12-11, 11:46   Link #5
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

What site are they streaming the ep from now? Anyone know?
Old 2008-12-11, 12:43   Link #6
DarkHollowIchigo

Cant wait , few more hours. I think this epi will be abt the ending of Kakuzu. Filler arc will be at the next chapter , i think.
Old 2008-12-11, 14:07   Link #7
strategos

The streaming for naruto will begin after Jan 15, 2009.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 14:56   Link #8
Big_Papi
Dominican Elite

This eps was Sweeeeeeet.. finally an animated version of the uber jutsu of all jutsu's... that attack went into a cellular level allright.

I only need my right breast Mega Smasher to take you out!
Big_Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 16:45   Link #9
9TailsOfDestruction
Taicho

OMG FUUTON RASEN SHURIKEN FTW!!!!!

That jutsu was unbelievable. It was awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sent chills down my back and gave me goosebumps.

Naruto you rock !!!!!!!!!

And mad props to Shikamaru for playing out that role and taking care of Hidan, all by himself too. You should have smoked a cig, damn the censorship. Mad funny seeing those rocks fall on Hidan's face and making an indent on his left side lol, now that was funny. Ok enough comment for me on this 1 I gotta go see that jutsu again

Rate 9.5/10
Old 2008-12-11, 17:34   Link #10
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Really nice episode. The technique was animated nicely. I really liked the sound and of course the effect. This was amazing, but it all seemed so straight edge to me.
Old 2008-12-11, 19:36   Link #11
Langus
Optimus Prime

I agree - definitely 9.5/10
Old 2008-12-11, 20:46   Link #12
Jerseykid

Very good episode, it's about time the protaganist showed some strength.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 22:47   Link #13
tetsuo69

the episode was great this time
Old 2008-12-11, 22:59   Link #14
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Uhhh was it just me or was this a bit different from the manga?

Edit: Nvm. Perfect from manga.

I love the animation. Hoping the transition to filler arc is gonna be good.
Old 2008-12-11, 23:17   Link #15
filthydani

next episode dosent seem like a filler? when is it going to start
filthydani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 23:35   Link #16
thervltn

Worst episode ever

Ok, sorry guys but I gotta vent. Nothing personal, but it needs to be said.

Shippuden 88 is one of the worst episodes I have ever seen, and I will tell you why.

SPOILER WARNING HERE!

Yeah, I read the manga so I knew this was coming but after just seeing it I still cant believe they put that crap on.

My main problem is the writer is basically too stupid to realize he is practically breaking the rules he has set. Not in the true rule sense that movies are held to (like how underworld evolution broke its own rules) but breaking them in the sense that he has givin enough information to force certain characters to produce certain results and then betrays them all.

What am I talking about? Well here we go:
First and foremost, Naruto completely ruins his own series. There is nothing new about Naruto, the only thing new is that at some point the writer decided that he should no longer be fighting Kakuza and should be fighting a fence post instead. Kakashi's chiodori move is basically the same as Naruto's move in the sense that it must be done at point blank. Now the only time Kakashi had even a remote possibility of landing a point black hit on kakuza with it was when he suprized him, and Kakuza was unaware of that particular ability. From that point forward kakashi didn't have the slightest chance of landing it, otherwise he surely would since it can apparently take out one heart at a time.. yah 5 chidoris and we win right? BUT throw the lame naruto in the bunch and suddenly kakuza becomes about as skilled as a door nail and is successfully reached by Naruto BOTH times.. who charged straight in. Why even waist time and make him run out of chakra in the move to just do the exact same crap and win against an akatski member is beyond me. One that Obliterated kakashi.

Moving on:
Even Tsunade has said they would like to capture an akatski to interrigate them but its always either too dangerous or not an option, but throw Shikimaru in the bunch, a man with an IQ over 200 and thought of as the smartest in Konoha, and then have him do something so stupid even Naruto wouldn have done. He renders an akatsuki down to just a head.. JUST A HEAD.. And this is a member that really doesnt have any ninja moves or jutsu that we know of at all.. He ONLY USES RELIGOUS RITUALS.. so quit possibly the easiest and best candidate to bring back to konoha to extort info from right Shikimaru? Wrong.. Instead he decides to bury the head in his family's forrest.. I mean really?

WORST EPISODE EVER... Almost enough to make me quit waisting my time watching... but not quite since I know where the manga is taking it.. but still..

ok end rant..
thervltn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 23:55   Link #17
swordfinder
10th Division

in the manga, kakuzu looked like he was drawn by a 5 yr old kid
i couldn't tell what he was. the anime was a little bit better though.

got to agree, shikamaru could have just took hidan back to konoha and stick his head on a pole or something and start interrogating the popsicle.
swordfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 23:58   Link #18
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow that was some rant.

Anyways I knew it was coming. But still that's one hell of a cool move. One training session and Naruto has clearly gained more than a nice attack. Finally using his head. Moved beyond just spamming clones for the sake of spamming. Attacking with a few to understand what he's fighting against and come up with movements that would be effective. Being pretty conservative using only the amount of clones that are needed to get the strike. Expect some stupidity now that the seriousness is down. But really seems like the guy has turned a corner.

Will admit Kakazu did seem a bit downgraded once Naruto started making his moves. I can get fighting clones can get a bit annoying but surprised how effective they were on the first attack. It would have been over there if it hadn't died on him. Guy overpowered everyone he came across and yet 3 clones were enough.

Frankly I like the finish with Hidan. That guy deserved to be buried and forgotten. Don't think you'll get much out of Hidan anyways. He's a head and immortal so your limited a bit there. Also the guy regularly stabs himself so torture probably isn't going to get you anywhere. Besides this is payback for Asuma. You may not kill the guy but leaving him buried for eternity should be just fine.
Old 2008-12-12, 00:52   Link #19
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thervltn View Post
Spoiler for block of text:
worst episode ever? you must not watch too many episodes

Did you honestly think a man such as Hidan, who THRIVES AND ENJOYS pain would actually talk? Hibiki would be akin to a orgasm for someone like Hidan.

Kakuzu makes the typical villain mistake, underestimate his opponent and thinks that just because he focuses on one thing, it'll avoid the problem. Why does this come as a surprise to you?
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 01:02   Link #20
Catdog

I like it. I mean I have always hated Naruto tossing around clones and getting his butt whipped time after time again but it seems he grew some brain cells in the past 10 eps or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
Did you honestly think a man such as Hidan, who THRIVES AND ENJOYS pain would actually talk? Hibiki would be akin to a orgasm for someone like Hidan.

lol you know, I think you're right
Catdog is offline   Reply With Quote