AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-12-13, 00:54   Link #61
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
"Mastered" can be a subjective term though, since it could be argued that Naruto has not yet been able to create a Futon Rasen-Shuriken without the aid of shadow clones, much less with Rasengan...

In either case, Naruto hasn't mastered Futon Rasen-Shuriken until he can use the technique without the double-edged sword effect of damaging himself...
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 01:42   Link #62
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
"Mastered" can be a subjective term though, since it could be argued that Naruto has not yet been able to create a Futon Rasen-Shuriken without the aid of shadow clones, much less with Rasengan...

In either case, Naruto hasn't mastered Futon Rasen-Shuriken until he can use the technique without the double-edged sword effect of damaging himself...
Nah. More like until he can actually throw the stupid thing.
Old 2008-12-13, 01:43   Link #63
APastelPainting

I like how supposedly that attack continually cut Kakuzu's body but I wish like the attack actually chopped up his body (it was still in one piece when it hit the ground).

Although I guess they can't have that because, according to the preview, they bring back the body to examine it.

I was also very impressed with the arc overall, and I think this episode wrapped it up nicely. I wonder how Sakura will react when she sees Naruto (<3?)

Last edited by APastelPainting; 2008-12-13 at 02:56.
APastelPainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 06:34   Link #64
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by APastelPainting View Post
I like how supposedly that attack continually cut Kakuzu's body but I wish like the attack actually chopped up his body (it was still in one piece when it hit the ground).

Although I guess they can't have that because, according to the preview, they bring back the body to examine it.

I was also very impressed with the arc overall, and I think this episode wrapped it up nicely. I wonder how Sakura will react when she sees Naruto (<3?)
yeap... I also thought there for a sec that such nuclear warhead was going to disintegrate kakuzu's body.... kinda disappointing it didn't...... but hey all things considered it made a fan outta Kakashi
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 10:29   Link #65
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by APastelPainting View Post
you'll have your answer soon
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 13:23   Link #66
lordblazer
Radical Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
The episode was worth it just to see such a nicely animated attack. However, I found myself agreeing w/ thervltn to a degree. That is to say, I have little problems with the actual episode. My issues are mainly directed towards the story including the manner to which Kakuzu was defeated and Naruto's supposed progress as a fighter.

While the attack is definitely powerful, I can't help but wonder how useful the attack really is when
-He still needs shadow clones to create it
-It's extremely noisy
-It still has to connect at point blank range to be effective.
-he gets roughed up even if it does connect

Also, since the attack is so noisy, how did Naruto manage to completely muffle the sound of his attack while sneaking up close enough behind Kakuzu for him not to have any time to react? I mean one would think Kakuzu should've been able to hear the attack coming a mile away. But I guess not.

In hindsight, I think it would've been better for Naruto to end the fight at the beginning of the episode with the first attempt. That way, they wouldn't have messed with the momentum they built from the previous episode of making Naruto look & feel like he made some actual progress, and it also wouldn't have downplayed Kakuzu in the process. Had the attack connected the first time around, at least I could've blamed Kakuzu's loss on the element of surprise having never seen the attack before and not knowing what to expect.

Secondly, is Naruto ever going to learn a technique as powerful as this new one, but that's actually difficult to evade? Because I have to say, even with the Fuuton Rasen-Shuriken, I still feel like this probably pales in comparison to fighters on Sasuke and Itachi's level (with all their hax no jutsu's).

*sighs*
I think Choji was onto something. This technique would've been much more worthwhile if he could somehow throw it.

</rant>.
It's a cartoon I think everyone should take a chill pill and just enjoy the fact that they didn't drag the fight out as long as they usually do with important Naruto battles. Also lets just enjoy the show, and stop comparing it to the comic book.
lordblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 14:04   Link #67
Biswa

I think this episode was really good. It animated the rasengan very well and they made it seem impressive. Much easier to see it animated than guess from the manga.

The only problem I have with it is the sound/music. I think they could have gotten stronger sound effects to show the rasengan's power. Also they could have used better music, like more serious tones during the actual attack. It's a freakin menacing move, so they should really emphasize it.

Anyway, I watched this episode only for this scene. I didn't watch most of the episodes before this, so I guess I may be a bit unbiased (in a bad way).
Biswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 14:19   Link #68
snowyhands

the last episode was awesome.

shika's scene in this episode was awesome.

Naruto's scene was still lame even with the suped up rasengan. "completely NEW Naruto"; what's that guy smokin?

Kakuzu looked retarded. He should have just reused his strands to rensnare the entire group after that explosion, but he just stood there. Then he actually faught Naruto. Kakuzu faught Naruto

It was scary when he attacked shika and the original group comprising asuma, it was incredible when he was fighting kakashi; it was retarded when he fought Naruto
That's like a grown man arguing/fighting some one in first grade and then losing

The technique was kindof cool but was lame with how the entire episode was orchestrated.

can't even describe, can only rant
snowyhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 15:38   Link #69
CoreyPmc1
BlackDeath Anonymous

Send a message via AIM to CoreyPmc1
Naruto haters, who still watch Naruto, are annoying.
Old 2008-12-14, 16:04   Link #70
DJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyPmc1 View Post
Naruto haters, who still watch Naruto, are annoying.
Indeed, discussion isn't welcome here. You lot act as if this is a forum or something .

On another note, it was nice to see the FRS animated.

Shame they couldn't make Naruto's battle with Kakuzu even remotely interesting. With all of his fight experience, his plan on fighting clones was to ignore them and focus on the one he can only assume is the real one.

He still looks the silly amateur beaten by a ludicrously simple trick that he did in the manga, but there's nothing the animation team can do about that given the source material.

I've found the last 2 episodes pacing pretty slow (especially the 'special'). Hopefully this story expansion will be better as they can actually make some scenes up to stretch things instead of simply focussing on static images of characters faces for seconds at a time and using flashbacks.
Old 2008-12-14, 16:20   Link #71
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordblazer View Post
It's a cartoon I think everyone should take a chill pill
um....

Quote:
With the fan service. This anime has worn me out, and actually made looking at naked chicks very very distastefu,
It's a cartoon, so just take a chill pill.

Quote:
I hate the quincy they are all stuck up pricks in my opinion.
he's just a cartoon character, just take a chill pill.

Remember this the next time you watch a movie, or a show, and decide to express dissatisfaction with any aspect of it at all on a message board. We aren't required to like or accept everything we see.

Quote:
just enjoy the fact that they didn't drag the fight out as long as they usually do with important Naruto battles.
If you want to look on the bright side and take light in the fact that they didn't drag the battle out, then so be it. That's your business and I have absolutely nothing to say against it. Just try to accept the fact that not everyone will share your point of view.

Quote:
Also lets just enjoy the show, and stop comparing it to the comic book.
yeah, sure.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 16:20   Link #72
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ* View Post
I've found the last 2 episodes pacing pretty slow (especially the 'special')
Well, episode 88 set the record for the most manga pages used in a single Shippuuden episode: 44 pages, about 2.5 chapters. Episode 86 and 87 used about 1.5 manga chapters each, which is the average for this arc. But I agree the 86-87 special felt pretty slow.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 16:22   Link #73
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ* View Post
Indeed, discussion isn't welcome here. You lot act as if this is a forum or something .

On another note, it was nice to see the FRS animated.

Shame they couldn't make Naruto's battle with Kakuzu even remotely interesting. With all of his fight experience, his plan on fighting clones was to ignore them and focus on the one he can only assume is the real one.

He still looks the silly amateur beaten by a ludicrously simple trick that he did in the manga, but there's nothing the animation team can do about that given the source material.

I've found the last 2 episodes pacing pretty slow (especially the 'special'). Hopefully this story expansion will be better as they can actually make some scenes up to stretch things instead of simply focussing on static images of characters faces for seconds at a time and using flashbacks.
Do you think you could make it better? I bet you think that and I bet you would fail.

As for the episodes: I don't see them as stand-alone episodes, I see them as fragments of a growing puzzle...
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 16:46   Link #74
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

lol what?
'neways, the way kakuzu got beaten was lame, the same way some parts of the zabuza fight where stupid to, the manga is not perfect but I guess we can live with that.

ps: lol it took 3 clones to fool him
Kenshin_Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 16:47   Link #75
Zek
Eyebrows...

The way Kakuzu got beaten was pretty embarassingly bad in the manga too, at least this time it's not Shippuden's fault.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 16:53   Link #76
DJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuigetsuKun View Post
Do you think you could make it better? I bet you think that and I bet you would fail.
I'm not sure why I'm responding to this as you answered your own question, but since you quoted my entire post but didn't actually specify any part of it...

Make what better? The forum? The manga? The anime? The anime pacing? Naruto as a character? Kakuzu? Kakuzu's choices? The fight between Kakuzu and Naruto in general? The FRS? CoreyPMC1's post?

All of the above?

*edit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Well, episode 88 set the record for the most manga pages used in a single Shippuuden episode: 44 pages, about 2.5 chapters.
Interesting. Can't check that myself as I don't have any chapters after 275 (Sasori death/Kakashi reveals his EMS).

Don't know why it seemed so slow to me then.
Old 2008-12-14, 17:09   Link #77
itachi29al

In all fairness the anime team did the best they could given the material. But honestly i there have been stupider victories. For example zabuza got beaten just becouse Kakashi decided to start trying. Gaara coundnt stop Naruto even though he was coming right at him and a demon at his disposal. 2 of sound fours were killed in one B ranked move even though they had just avoided many strong B ranked attacks. Sasuke and Naruto just charged eachother in the end, how stupid is that, a simple bushin and the other would have won. Did this make them bad fights, NO, becouse the other material was good and the stupidity scences were very minor and somewhat enjoyable. I dont know why people are picking on this scene specifically.
Old 2008-12-14, 19:12   Link #78
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
In all fairness the anime team did the best they could given the material. But honestly i there have been stupider victories. For example zabuza got beaten just becouse Kakashi decided to start trying. Gaara coundnt stop Naruto even though he was coming right at him and a demon at his disposal. 2 of sound fours were killed in one B ranked move even though they had just avoided many strong B ranked attacks. Sasuke and Naruto just charged eachother in the end, how stupid is that, a simple bushin and the other would have won. Did this make them bad fights, NO, becouse the other material was good and the stupidity scences were very minor and somewhat enjoyable. I dont know why people are picking on this scene specifically.
This is about what I wanted to say. Damn sharingan.
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 19:45   Link #79
Big_Papi
Dominican Elite

nuff said...

[IMG][/IMG]

I only need my right breast Mega Smasher to take you out!
Big_Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 20:12   Link #80
APastelPainting

Looks like the face Ino made when she found out Sasuke was gay
APastelPainting is offline   Reply With Quote