Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-26, 01:04   Link #781
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingle View Post
Is it just me, or is Kagura now at the same level as Shinji in terms of being a terrible protagonist? Man. She can't pull the trigger, can she?
While it seems its not just you, I disagree... Rather, it would be stranger, considering all of the developments so far, if Kagura could just suddenly kill the person she really treasured so easily. Well, it seems you are considering it easy to suddenly kill people dear to you...
More like, so a protagonist sucks because they can't kill off a person whenever they are told?
I guess in this case, you're hating Noriyuki because he couldn't decide to kill either his fiancee or good friend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
As much people hate on characters like her doesn't mean such a character isn't needed. NGE wouldn't have been anywhere as great of an anime without all the angst Shinji's character when through. Kagura is just as essential as Yomi to the story.
Impossible to argue with. Though personally, Kagura is a good/interesting character to watch and see how she changes/grows. Well, up to the manga, anyways. My interest in manga Kagura is too thin to care...

Quote:
All by herself... Her pocky eating, crybaby, combat helpless nature. Her whining "YOMI YOMI YOMI" only makes it worse.
Hah?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2008-12-26 at 01:16.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 04:57   Link #782
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
At least Kagura learns from her experience. I felt Shinji stayed a whiny pussy from start to finish. And I need to see more of Rebuild to see if that has really changed.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 05:14   Link #783
Chase

Man i love this show(ive seen11 episodes so one more left), its my favorite of the season outside of Gundam 00 and Kannagi. I really hope they follow up with this.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 05:51   Link #784
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
True, Kagura's weak side and indecisiveness during crucial times got on my nerves a bit, but I can forgive her because not everybody is the typical I-CAN-KILL-WHATEVER-I-WANT shounen character. She was a fragile girl at heart to begin with. She matured a lot towards the end of the series.

Yomi's the classic case of a tragic hero, not so much as a villain. She's introduced as a strong character with everything. Hell, maybe even a prodigy. Then of course, all of that gets taken away, becomes evil, and then meets her fate. And like with every classic tragic hero

Spoiler for last episode:
Jinsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 05:53   Link #785
Thingle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
While it seems its not just you, I disagree... Rather, it would be stranger, considering all of the developments so far, if Kagura could just suddenly kill the person she really treasured so easily. Well, it seems you are considering it easy to suddenly kill people dear to you...
More like, so a protagonist sucks because they can't kill off a person whenever they are told?
I guess in this case, you're hating Noriyuki because he couldn't decide to kill either his fiancee or good friend?

Yes pretty much so. Especially when their inactions cost lives. It seems that they cannot distinguish Zombie Yomi from Dear Yomi. That's a bit annoying given the context that they were supposed to be "professional" hunters.

Spoiler:
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 06:03   Link #786
Chase

Quote:
Yes pretty much so. Especially when their inactions cost lives. It seems that they cannot distinguish Zombie Yomi from Dear Yomi. That's a bit annoying.
lol yeah me too, it gets annoying if you dont atleast act after the first or even second time. Damn Kagura, atleast save your father. But i forgive her, what she did or in this case didnt do didnt annoy more as it would have in other series for some reason. Yomi is ruthless as hell
Battlefield 4
Old 2008-12-26, 06:06   Link #787
Thingle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
. Yomi is ruthless as hell
Check the scared look on the directors face while she clutches her dead bodyguard/assistant . That's the face of a woman who's about to get sword-pwned.
Old 2008-12-26, 06:19   Link #788
Chase

Quote:
Check the scared look on the directors face while she clutches her dead bodyguard/assistant . That's the face of a woman who's about to get sword-pwned.
yeah. I really felt bad for the director tho , atleast she put up a great wheel chair fight.
Battlefield 4
Old 2008-12-26, 06:22   Link #789
Thingle
Banned

I can just imagine Yomi's blade when it tears through the director's soft flesh.... Yum!
Old 2008-12-26, 21:52   Link #790
FateAnomaly

Kinda weird. By Byakuei seem to be on the same level as Rangurren. Rangurren however is much more easier to use. It also have a range attack. Don't have to be controlled with a chain. User won't take damage from it being damaged. Seems to me like Rangurren is better.....
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 22:04   Link #791
Thingle
Banned

White dragon hasn't been broken in yet. Like those things in horses.
Old 2008-12-27, 02:18   Link #792
the_firefly

Artwork for DVD 2:

Spoiler for click for pics:
the_firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 03:13   Link #793
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
Byakuei is considered to be the strongest spirit. I'm pretty sure the only reason why it has to be controlled with a chain and why the user also gets damaged as well is because it's so strong. There's always a price to pay when having the strongest spirit as a pet
Jinsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 04:34   Link #794
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

But with so many limitations, can it really be considered the strongest ? He might be 'stronger' on paper, but when it comes down to actual use his drawbacks bring it down to earth. For practical use, it is hard to imagine why anyone would prefer Byakuei over Ranguren. Theoretical power doesn't mean much if it is impossible to utilize it fully, more so when you put yourself on the line when doing so.
Old 2008-12-27, 06:15   Link #795
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
The main issue is that its "forced" to work. Unlike Rangurren which acts more like a pokemon. The chains represent the soul bind between user and Byakuei and it severely limits it power.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 07:23   Link #796
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
White dragon hasn't been broken in yet. Like those things in horses.
Dragon? Isn't it a dog spirit?
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 07:26   Link #797
Thingle
Banned

Looks like a dragon to me...
Old 2008-12-27, 07:39   Link #798
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Looks like a dragon to me...
Dragons usually have scales, not fur.

Also I vaguely recall that some said in the anime or I did read in the manga that it's an inukami (dog god/spirit).
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 15:04   Link #799
scr
my sides are in orbit

yes, Byakuei is an inugami. and Nue (its name is Nue, not Ranguren) is a manticore. with multiple snakes as tails. how they get manticores in Japan is beyond my understanding. but then we have demonic jester as evil spirit.

Spoiler for image song:

Ga-Rei -Zero- is GREAT, yeah. *imagining doing this and that with Yomi*
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 15:20   Link #800
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ Huh...why would everyone in the anime call Yomi's beast as "Ranguren" then? *scratches head*
And if I'm not mistaken, Nue means chimera (or a mythical beast of the same kind).

Tags
action, shounen