Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-26, 17:28   Link #21
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkoEyo View Post
I think you're probably right.. Buggy shouldn't be underestimated after all.. He WAS one of Gold Roger men, and who knows if his devils fruits power holds a secret just like Luffy's gear techniques.. ??
A secret, eh? I remember someone saying something about buggy splitting down to molecular level, but what about atomic? Buggy could become a walking atom bomb.
Old 2008-12-26, 18:47   Link #22
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
He WAS one of Gold Roger men, and who knows if his devils fruits power holds a secret just like Luffy's gear techniques.. ??
Now that you mention it, remember when Buggy transformed into his Bara Bara Car form in Loguetown? I wouldn't be surprised if he's come up with a plethora of moves based around that ability.
And seeing as he's with Luffy...

This could end up quite similar to Soul Eater, with Luffy using Buggy as a weapon.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Old 2008-12-26, 21:21   Link #23
Rainbowman

With the mini chapter, I'm surprised that Spandine is still alive especially if he's with his own son.

With the main chapter, the levels of Impel Down are nightmarish indeed and even though we won't be seeing Nami again anytime soon before/after New Year's day I'm sure glad she wasn't placed in Impel Down by Kuma. She wouldn't handle nor survive being in an atmosphere of such brutality. A place like Impel Down would make me think of the song "When Darkness Falls" by Killswitch Engaged.
Old 2008-12-26, 22:40   Link #24
james0246

^Well, I expect Nami would actually do fairly well in Impell Down. She directly suffered physical and psychological abuse for years under Arlong and his gang (more psychological than physical). So, she would do okay in Impel Down (or at least as okay as any hardened pirate).

Chopper would be the one to worry about. As well as Brook and Sanji (who have specific body parts that if they lost, they would break).

The ones that would do best would be Usopp, Zoro and Luffy.
Old 2008-12-26, 23:19   Link #25
marvelB

I dunno.... I actually think Brooke has the backbone (no pun intended) to withstand the horrors of Impel Down. I mean, we're talking about a guy who (almost literally) went to Hell and back, witnessed the deaths of his former crewmen and spent fifty years alone in the Florian Triangle. Plus, not to mention the fact that he spent a portion of that time without a shadow, thanks to Moria and his goons.....

And technically, wouldn't it be possible for his afro to be glued back onto his head if it were cut off (that is, if it's not torn apart strand by strand)? If so, then it shouldn't be too difficult for Brooke to overcome his weakness. But still, he should be capable of taking on the underwater prison.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Now that you mention it, remember when Buggy transformed into his Bara Bara Car form in Loguetown? I wouldn't be surprised if he's come up with a plethora of moves based around that ability.

This could end up quite similar to Soul Eater, with Luffy using Buggy as a weapon.

While I do like the idea of Buggy turning his body into a weapon (his Bara Bara powers are certainly versatile enough to make it possible), I don't think it would be a good idea for Luffy to be the wielder of said weapon. He's already proved in the past that he's outright crappy with weapons (he's even admitted it, more than once at that). Nightmare Luffy was an exception because he absorbed the shadows of swordsmen into his body. Otherwise, I wouldn't trust Luffy to wield a Bara Bara sword or gun or whatever.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2008-12-26 at 23:39.
Old 2008-12-27, 02:46   Link #26
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I thought there wasn't suppose to be a chapter this week. Double chapter or something?

Well I doubt Luffs gonna have any problems through lvs 1-3. 3 maybe.
Old 2008-12-27, 03:03   Link #27
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I mean, we're talking about a guy who's been to the Grand Line more than once, and originally as a part of Gold Roger's crew at that. I definitely think there's more to him than meets the eye.....
Heh well, most pirate grews do end up employee grunt level crew members just to help increase their numbers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Well, I expect Nami would actually do fairly well in Impell Down. She directly suffered physical and psychological abuse for years under Arlong and his gang (more psychological than physical). So, she would do okay in Impel Down (or at least as okay as any hardened pirate).

Chopper would be the one to worry about. As well as Brook and Sanji (who have specific body parts that if they lost, they would break).

The ones that would do best would be Usopp, Zoro and Luffy.
ussop?
Physical and mental abuse really does NOT amount to some of torture we can get out of Impel down... nami, like others would not due well
Though i would give Brooke more credit due to the fact that being nothing but bones kinda makes torture a little harder... hard to say since his character doesn't make much sense
Old 2008-12-27, 03:31   Link #28
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Well, I expect Nami would actually do fairly well in Impel Down. She directly suffered physical and psychological abuse for years under Arlong and his gang (more psychological than physical). So, she would do okay in Impel Down (or at least as okay as any hardened pirate).
I may agree with SlayerX on this one. Nami's suffering at the hands of Arlong has now become child's play compared to what I've seen on Impel Down. Seeing lifeless bodies covered in blood being draged by their murderers just happens to be one of my definitions of brutality. And I'm sure that Nami would be horrified to see such horrors.

(Scared little icons)
< "OH THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Old 2008-12-27, 04:03   Link #29
james0246

I am not doubting the brutality of Impell Down, rather I am emphasizing the emotional turmoil of Nami's experience. She had to slave away for years (of psychological and presumably some physical torture) all at the hands of the man who murdered her mother and held her sister and village hostage. I doubt seeing people around her dying/tortured would equal the forced servitude/captivity to her mother's murderer.

That being said, they would all have their limits, and eventually they would be passed eventually. My point was/is that Nami could probably, due to her childhood, take more torture than others have acknowledge.
Old 2008-12-27, 04:10   Link #30
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Well yeah, all of them have suffered quite a bit. Sanji from starvation, Chopper from being an outcast, Usopp from Going Merry's demise (and the subsiquent fight it led to), Zoro from (a multitude of things, but the thing that sticks in my mind is) Kuma's torturous Pain technique, Robin from, not only Spandam but also Buster call, Franky from the train accident and becoming a cyborg, and so on and so forth.

Yeah, none of them are strangers to pain.
Old 2008-12-27, 14:28   Link #31
Red Lupine
Bulzome High Priest

Quote:
I think you're probably right.. Buggy shouldn't be underestimated after all.. He WAS one of Gold Roger men, and who knows if his devils fruits power holds a secret just like Luffy's gear techniques.. ??
I doubt he has such hidden powers, seeing as his feet still need to touch the ground for his power to work. I'd consider that one of the first hurdles in becoming stronger, like how Crocodile made his sand powers activate instantly through training.

I believe he will have something new, but nothing crazy powerful like you guys seem to expect.
Old 2008-12-27, 15:10   Link #32
marvelB

Well, the full chapter isn't out yet (I guess it'll come out next week like it's supposed to), but the full spoiler script is out and there's a translation as well! There's some more interesting info here.....

-As it turns out, the Bluegori are also known as the "sea gorillas". Of course, Luffy thrashing 5 of them alerts the guards.

-Buggy tells Luffy that both him and Ace were drinking buddies before both of them were imprisoned (he also says that Ace is a lot nicer than Luffy, heh). We already know the details from this point (about the armband, and Buggy agreeing to help Luffy, etc.).

-This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, but Buggy tells Luffy that the levels that the prisoners are sent to are determined by their strength. Apparently, Buggy was previously taken to level 4 for torture (though the summary I read didn't make it clear whether or not he was being held there). However, there's one particular thing of interest that he notes..... It would seem that there's a rumor that there may actually be another floor beyond level 5, where those horrible monsters that were wiped/obscured from history are slumbering. And it would also seem that that's the place where Ace is being held.....

-When Luffy and Buggy burst through a wall on their way to level 2 they end up in a guards' room (lol ). They burst through another wall and end up in the "crimson hell forest" from the first summary. Buggy explains that the leaves on the trees are as sharp as blades, and that the grass is as prickly as needles. Basically, the guards chase prisoners through the forest and they get tortured by the leaves and grass in the process (ouch....). Fortunately, Buggy isn't affected by this torture chamber due to his Bara Bara ability.... that is, until Luffy throws his feet on the grass (hehe ). Buggy leads Luffy to a well that's an escape route to level 2, but says that it leads to an even worse hell than level 1. Obviously, Luffy doesn't care, and jumps down. It would seem that Buggy is planning to abandon Luffy after reaching level 2 (no surprise there). It's here that we get to the part from the first summary where a Bluegori chops off Buggy's head with an axe, but Buggy's head jumps down the well, anyway.

-Afterwards, comes the end of the chapter as noted from the first summary, where we see the "wild beast hell". The beasts in question seem to be quite hungry, and we see Mr. 3 awaiting his death.....

Hmm... so there's probably a floor beyond level 5... very interesting indeed. And while Buggy may want to ditch Luffy at first, I have the feeling that he'll be forced to stick with him through all of the levels, especially since the guards are on the alert now.....

Oh, and since Buggy talked about beasts/monsters that were wiped from history, anyone consider the possibility that the minotaur could be an Ancient Zoan? Perhaps the Ushi Ushi fruit: model Aurochs (which is an extinct species of cattle)? That would be pretty awesome...
Old 2008-12-27, 15:24   Link #33
james0246

I can't say I am really surprised by a possible level beyond Level 5. The brief hype that the area was getting (as well as the brief description detailing the fact that only 100 million plus bouties are encased there (where do you put the vastly more powerful 500 million plus bounties?)) almost immediatly led me to believe that there would an uber secret 6th level were people like Dragon, Rayleigh, Whitebeard and Roger would be placed (not that the 6th level actually necessarily holds anyone...except maybe Tom).
Old 2008-12-27, 16:10   Link #34
Freya

Nah. I doubt theres a "level 6" or whatever.
Old 2008-12-27, 16:34   Link #35
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Nah. I doubt theres a "level 6" or whatever.

You sure? Because so far, there's been absolutely no indication whatsoever that there's no more than five levels in Impel Down. We only know that level 5 holds pirates with bounties of 100 million or more, and that's it. But as james0246 said, what about criminals who are even more dangerous than those pirates? There's definitely a good chance that there's a "secret" sixth level in Impel Down....

And besides, rumors in OP have a tendency to come true, anyhow.
Old 2008-12-27, 16:35   Link #36
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
You sure? Because so far, there's been absolutely no indication whatsoever that there's no more than five levels in Impel Down. We only know that level 5 holds pirates with bounties of 100 million or more, and that's it. But as james0246 said, what about criminals who are even more dangerous than those pirates? There's definitely a good chance that there's a "secret" sixth level in Impel Down....

And besides, rumors in OP have a tendency to come true, anyhow.
Eh true. I just wanna see Luffy get to lv 3 at least pretty easily.
Old 2008-12-27, 16:39   Link #37
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Oh yeah I'm sure the first few levels will be pretty easy. Huge beasts seem to be Luffy's specialty (mostly because they're made of MEAT!!!)
Old 2008-12-27, 18:16   Link #38
PerkoEyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
A secret, eh? I remember someone saying something about buggy splitting down to molecular level, but what about atomic? Buggy could become a walking atom bomb.
Yeah, he could go around in Impel Down without anyone noticing.. the perfect infiltrate weapon... And we don't want him to blow himself up.. we would miss him

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post

Boy, would it be awesome to se Buggy as the ultimate and enormus shigan(finger bullet) .. just with other parts of his body
Old 2008-12-27, 18:29   Link #39
PerkoEyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
Well yeah, all of them have suffered quite a bit. Sanji from starvation, Chopper from being an outcast, Usopp from Going Merry's demise (and the subsiquent fight it led to), Zoro from (a multitude of things, but the thing that sticks in my mind is) Kuma's torturous Pain technique, Robin from, not only Spandam but also Buster call, Franky from the train accident and becoming a cyborg, and so on and so forth.

Yeah, none of them are strangers to pain.
You're right .. here's a full list of the pains that they have suffered:

Luffy: To see Shanks losing his arm right before his eyes
Zoro: The death of Kuina and the Pain by Kuma
Nami: Bellemeres death and Arlongs harm to her village
Ussop: Seeing his mother die and when he had to abandon the crew he loved the most
Sanji: The starvation, and Zefs loss of his leg for the sake of Sanji
Chopper: Being an outcast and to be abandonded both by reindeers and human
Robin: The buster call, and the loss of her best friend Jaguar D. Saul
Franky: Tom dying while protecting him, and becoming a cyborg
Brooke: Being alone for like 50 years and keep remembering the promise to Laboon

It's sad that they have suffered so much
Old 2008-12-27, 19:20   Link #40
Freya

Quote:
You're right .. here's a full list of the pains that they have suffered:

Luffy: To see Shanks losing his arm right before his eyes
Zoro: The death of Kuina and the Pain by Kuma
Nami: Bellemeres death and Arlongs harm to her village
Ussop: Seeing his mother die and when he had to abandon the crew he loved the most
Sanji: The starvation, and Zefs loss of his leg for the sake of Sanji
Chopper: Being an outcast and to be abandonded both by reindeers and human
Robin: The buster call, and the loss of her best friend Jaguar D. Saul
Franky: Tom dying while protecting him, and becoming a cyborg
Brooke: Being alone for like 50 years and keep remembering the promise to Laboon

It's sad that they have suffered so much
And yet maybe only 3-5 of the crew members could handle the torture or whatever. The rest not so much.