AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2009-01-07, 18:02   Link #301
neothe0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
this seems like one seriously messed up file, cut out a small (~1 minute) part of it and upload somewhere for poking
Actually, in my experience every(999/1000) MP4 raw out there that isn't a constant 23.976fps will generate a timecode file which looks just like that, whether it's directly through ffmpegsource or through mkv2vfr after muxing the mp4 into mkv.

I've had some success converting these files into ~120fps avi's through the avi_tc_package but the last one I tried, one of the first h.264 Minami-ke Okaeri raws, was fucked up somewhere in the middle so tc2cfr would give an error (worked fine after I cropped to the end of the OP in Vdub and saved an uncompressed AVI and truncated my timecode file appropriately though)
Old 2009-01-07, 18:33   Link #302
D404
Banned

Why on earth are you re-encoding/remuxing VFR MP4 files to 120fps AVI?
D404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 18:37   Link #303
neothe0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by D404 View Post
Why on earth are you re-encoding/remuxing VFR MP4 files to 120fps AVI?
Because that's the kind of file avi_tc_package dumps out. It's easily converted to 23.976fps in virtualdub without jerkiness.
Old 2009-01-07, 19:01   Link #304
vDrag0n

Quote:
nothing really odd with this file except that the fact that libavformat (and hence ffmpegsource) reports the track time base as ~120fps for some reason (it isn't 120fps, there are no null frames to be seen anywhere)

reencoding and remuxing the result with timecodes extracted with ffvideosource works fine, I don't see what you mean by "messed up"
weird so its fine if i mux it into an mkv and it takes over all frames but not the fps? If i remux it into mkv it goes to 29,976 FPS, if i apply timecode it goes to 30,030 FPS and is unwatchable. Since 120 FPS isn't the real deal its no biggie but how do i get Megui to recognize it as 23 minutes video? When i try to re-encode it Megui uses real 120 FPS and puts out a 5 minutes Video. Thanks again for taking your time looking into it.
vDrag0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 21:53   Link #305
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

assumefps(25)
encode in megui, encode audio separately, disregard file length
mux encodec file with timecodes
profit?

worked for me at least, the assumefps() step is optional
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 01:49   Link #306
vDrag0n

Quote:
assumefps(25)
encode in megui, encode audio separately, disregard file length
mux encodec file with timecodes
profit?

worked for me at least, the assumefps() step is optional
changes Video Lenght from 23 to 25 minutes for me.
Old 2009-01-08, 02:36   Link #307
checkers
Part 8
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to checkers
Doesn't matter. When you mux with timecodes at the end it gets fixed.
checkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 03:49   Link #308
vDrag0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkers View Post
Doesn't matter. When you mux with timecodes at the end it gets fixed.
as far as i know timecode is only supported by mkv, no? I'm trying to create a mp4

edit: i found a program called tc2mp4 which can mux in timecodes gonna have a try but i think my timecode is bogus.

Last edited by vDrag0n; 2009-01-08 at 04:58.
Old 2009-01-08, 06:10   Link #309
jfs
Aegisub dev

Automatically produced timecodes such as yours will always (or almost always) look weird or messy, but that doesn't mean they're wrong.
Just because a system is so complex you can't understand it doesn't mean it won't work.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 08:16   Link #310
vDrag0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs View Post
Automatically produced timecodes such as yours will always (or almost always) look weird or messy, but that doesn't mean they're wrong.
Just because a system is so complex you can't understand it doesn't mean it won't work.
it actually fixed the file it's back to 23 Minutes but it set the Bogus FPS even higher than before (its 125.00 now and was 119.880119 before) but i can live with that. Thanks for the help everyone!
Old 2009-01-25, 14:39   Link #311
Esente
OEC's TypeSetter+Encoder

Hi,

Have anyone seen Ani*Kuri 15 released by Doremi in HD format. It's a VFR 1920X1080 MKV, and I'm trying to convert it to lower resolution, like 704x400, with either VFR or CFR. We, however, use Doremi's timing in sub to translate the anime into Vietnamese.

I assume it's VFR because when I used MeGUI to convert the mkv (MeGUI only allows CFR), the output was weird with different timing than the original, and the last part of the anime was duplicated.

Right now, I demux the audio part from Doremi's MKV to get the video raw in MKV. Then I use mkv2vfr to get the AVI and the timecode. I'm converting that AVI into MP4 in MeGUI right now (just normal process without touching the script part) but I don't think it will work.

I wonder if any one can shed me a light on this part. This VFR is killing me!
Esente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 16:47   Link #312
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esente View Post
I assume it's VFR because when I used MeGUI to convert the mkv (MeGUI only allows CFR), the output was weird with different timing than the original, and the last part of the anime was duplicated.
Megui doesn't care..

The following avisynth scripts only do the video part (you obviously know how to demux and reuse audio.. or to load the audio in megui and reencode).
Code:
DSS2("anikuri15.mkv", fps=23.976) 
Spline36Resize(704,400) #or whatever resizer you like
Code:
FFVideoSource("anikuri15.mkv",timecodes="anikuri15_timecodes.txt") 
The latter one keeps the vfr, and you need to mux in the timecodes that FFVideoSource generates to the timecodes parameter (in this case "anikuri15_timecodes.txt") with mkvmerge. The former one converts the video to a CFR of 23.976. You don't need to do anything with timecodes then, but you can get weird motion if there were any 30fps scenes.
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 21:25   Link #313
Esente
OEC's TypeSetter+Encoder

Thank you very much, dj_tjerk, for replying to me. I really want to get this thing done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_tjerk View Post
The following avisynth scripts only do the video part
You meant the raw video extracted from the original file?

Quote:
Code:
DSS2("anikuri15.mkv", fps=23.976) 
Code:
FFVideoSource("anikuri15.mkv",timecodes="anikuri15_timecodes.txt") 
Can I put both parts into one single Avisynth script? Or do I need to do two different steps?

Quote:
The former one converts the video to a CFR of 23.976. You don't need to do anything with timecodes then, but you can get weird motion if there were any 30fps scenes.
I'm sorry that I'm not good at English, and you saying makes me think that I should only do one or the other but not both. I would refer to keep the VFR characteristic cause I don't want our team have trouble with timing from the sub. And I think there are some 29.7fps scenes, do they count as 30fps?
Old 2009-01-25, 23:14   Link #314
Esente
OEC's TypeSetter+Encoder

Weird, I put the following script into an avs file, say resize.avs.
Quote:
FFVideoSource("anikuri15.mkv",timecodes="anikuri15 _timecodes.txt")
Spline36Resize(704,400)
Then load the resize.avs into megui, and it gives me an error about not in colorspace, and asks me to append to YU12 if I remember right. I just click continue and MeGUI is encoding right now, but would any one mind explaining that for me?
Old 2009-01-26, 01:07   Link #315

IIRC that's a meGUI bug just to be sure, check your script with AvsP or something to make sure it's yv12
50119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-30, 00:55   Link #316
t4ke5hi

Hi!! I almost read all the thread xD...but I still don't understand how to hardsubb an x264 VFR RAW with MeGUI, I had demuxed the MP4 with Yamb (MP4box GUI) and remuxed it to an MKV with it respective timecodes that I split it using FFVideoSource(). If it's possible I want to keep VFR in MP4.

I'm trying to make my first AMV, I'd appreciate your help. Thanks.

Last edited by t4ke5hi; 2009-01-30 at 01:33.
t4ke5hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-30, 21:45   Link #317
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4ke5hi View Post
Hi!! I almost read all the thread xD...but I still don't understand how to hardsubb an x264 VFR RAW with MeGUI, I had demuxed the MP4 with Yamb (MP4box GUI) and remuxed it to an MKV with it respective timecodes that I split it using FFVideoSource(). If it's possible I want to keep VFR in MP4.

I'm trying to make my first AMV, I'd appreciate your help. Thanks.
To hardsub, you need Aegisub. When I do it, I get a copy of the video without the timecodes applied and the timecodes themselves. Open the subs in aegisub. Then go video->open video, and select the non-timecodes-applied raw. Then video->timecodes->open, and select the timecodes. This makes the video play appropriately. Then file->export script as. Select "transform framerate", and then select "Variable" as the famerate. Export it. The exported script will be output with adjusted times to the non-VFR-applied raw.

Then hardsub it as you would for any other show, apply timecodes to MP4, be happy.
Old 2009-01-31, 00:23   Link #318
t4ke5hi

Thanks! My encoding it's ok now. For some reason the timecodes I was loading in Aegisub were wrong, I ran FFVideoSource() once again and the timecodes were correct so was conversion with Aegisub.
Old 2009-02-02, 00:29   Link #319
Emess
Slower Than You

Send a message via AIM to Emess Send a message via MSN to Emess Send a message via Yahoo to Emess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
To hardsub, you need Aegisub. When I do it, I get a copy of the video without the timecodes applied and the timecodes themselves. Open the subs in aegisub. Then go video->open video, and select the non-timecodes-applied raw. Then video->timecodes->open, and select the timecodes. This makes the video play appropriately. Then file->export script as. Select "transform framerate", and then select "Variable" as the famerate. Export it. The exported script will be output with adjusted times to the non-VFR-applied raw.

Then hardsub it as you would for any other show, apply timecodes to MP4, be happy.
Why not just use the vfr function of VSFilter?

E~
Emess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 10:53   Link #320
t4ke5hi

Tel me about that VSFilter function, please.

Now, I'm having a new problem with another VFR H264. I get timecodes from the MP4 file with FFVideoSource(), open Aegisub load the RAW and timecodes, then I export the subs checking Variable Framerate. Here is the problem, if I choose variable framerate and let Aegisub enter the FPS Input, when I load the video in AviSynth the subs are desync, if I enter 23.976 the OP is desync but the rest it's well, and if I put 29.970 the subs are duplicated in the OP.

Code:
LoadPlugin(C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\VSFilter.dll)

DirectShowSource("D:\JSM_01.mp4", fps=23.976, convertfps=true)

Lanczos4Resize(848, 480)

TextSub("D:\JSM_01_23.976.ass")
And one more question, it's better this

Code:
DirectShowSource("D:\JSM_01.mp4", fps=23.976, convertfps=true)
or this

Code:
LoadPlugin(C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\FDecimate.dll)
DirectShowSource("D:\JSM_01.mp4", fps=119.88, convertfps=true)

FDecimate(23.976)
To open the H264 VFR.

Thanks again.