AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-09, 09:35   Link #401
Kraker2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Refer to the 00 issue. When Shizuna dressed him up in a bikini, Izuna commented on how horrible a trick his sister was playing on him, and he should be totally ashamed for doing it.

Yes, I am referring to the beach episode also on the anime. Except it wasn't an over-sized octopus... it was a giant rat, grown by the president of Juda, no less...

Moreover, he is always addressed as Yamashita-kun, not only by his superiors but peers as well.

- Tak

I understand Yamashita is referred to as -kun, but I just assumed since h/she was such a tomboy, that's why they did so.

Anyways, I want to cling on to the belief Yamashita is a girl
Old 2009-01-09, 10:33   Link #402
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraker2k View Post
Anyways, I want to cling on to the belief Yamashita is a girl
Even though it's pretty much official material that he's male?
Old 2009-01-09, 13:28   Link #403
zalem

I think the is some confusion because there are scanlations out there that refer to Yamashita as "Miss Yamashita." I assumed it could just be a mistake in the scanlation. I think whoever translated that must believe he's a girl. So this adds to people being confused by him and his girly looks.
Old 2009-01-09, 15:29   Link #404
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Tch, Oi... Gonzoooo!! Don't put Nice Boat in this, baaaakaaaaaaaaaa!!! <--screech

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 17:51   Link #405
ThoHell

Everything going to hell.... whoaaa, it's getting damn interesting. Someone is back, seems like the dead can't stay dead. Why am I not surprised...
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 18:01   Link #406
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Well, allow me to put a rest to this debate regarding whether Yamashita is a boy or girl...

Look how he is addressed: 山下クン (Yamashita-KUN)

Among peers, you do not ever address a girl as -kun, no matter how manly she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Everything going to hell.... whoaaa, it's getting damn interesting. Someone is back, seems like the dead can't stay dead. Why am I not surprised...
You get a lot of that in the manga, and the story twists in unexpected ways. For example, one member of the Katokikan eventually defects to Juda... Hell, Linebarrels can be considered as Evangelion-lite in more forms than one...

- Tak (I rest my case)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 18:19   Link #407
Mazus

Hate to break it to you but the "-kun=boy" explanation doesn't really work since in shows like "The World of Narue" we one of the main female characters, Narue, being addressed with that suffix.

Girls being addressed with the -kun suffix isn't really that unheard of, it's just uncommon nowadays.
Mazus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 18:23   Link #408
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazus View Post
Hate to break it to you but the "-kun=boy" explanation doesn't really work since in shows like "The World of Narue" we one of the main female characters, Narue, being addressed with that suffix.

Girls being addressed with the -kun suffix isn't really that unheard of, it's just uncommon nowadays.
Yup he's right. Same thing goes with chan. They don't contain sex identification.
Old 2009-01-09, 18:27   Link #409
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazus View Post
I also hate to break it to you, but when a girl is being addressed as -kun, it occurs when the girl in question is being addressed by a superior, or by an older male. Amongst peers, its actually not very appropriate, unless they are messing around.

Nevermind that everyone around Yamashita addresses him as -kun.

And I don't know why some of you insist on arguing over Yamashita's sex. The manga set him up as a boy, the official information has him as a boy, what more do you want? I wonder.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-01-09, 18:31   Link #410
ThoHell

Quote:
I also hate to break it to you, but when a girl is being addressed as -kun, it occurs when the girl in question is being addressed by a superior, or by an older male. Amongst peers, its actually inappropriate. Nevermind that everyone around Yamashita addresses him as -kun.

And I don't know why some of you insist on arguing over Yamashita's sex. The manga set him up as a boy, the official information has him as a boy, what more do you want? I wonder.

- Tak
Yeah I think it's pretty clear that he's a he, just that the whole kun example wasn't very good.
Old 2009-01-09, 18:33   Link #411
Tak

Quote:
Yeah I think it's pretty clear that he's a he, just that the whole kun example wasn't very good.
Its a good example, if you know how the -kun address work socially.

- Tak

Old 2009-01-09, 18:33   Link #412
Mazus

Quote:
I also hate to break it to you, but when a girl is being addressed as -kun, it occurs when the girl in question is being addressed by a superior, or by an older male. Amongst peers, its actually inappropriate. Nevermind that everyone around Yamashita addresses him as -kun.

- Tak
Yeah, I realized what you meant after rereading your post a second time. I missed the "among peers" part of your post.
Mazus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 18:37   Link #413
ThoHell

Quote:
Its a good example, if you know how the -kun address work socially.

- Tak
Oh, I damn well know how it's used and how it can be used. Your statement made it seem like their was only 1 universal meaning and nothing else.
Old 2009-01-09, 18:38   Link #414
The-Ghost
anime lurker

Ep 14

my rather crappy over view.

Spoiler for WTF:

new ED this week OP is the same one though
Old 2009-01-09, 18:50   Link #415
Tak

Quote:
Oh, I damn well know how it's used and how it can be used. Your statement made it seem like their was only 1 universal meaning and nothing else.
If you know how -kun works correctly, socially, you would not be posting this. I already made it clear in my post as to how, in certain situations, that should/should not be used.

- Tak

Old 2009-01-09, 22:27   Link #416
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 14
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 22:32   Link #417
zalem

Spoiler for ep 14:
Old 2009-01-09, 23:10   Link #418
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Spoiler for ep 14:

Spoiler:
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 23:13   Link #419
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Spoiler:
Old 2009-01-09, 23:16   Link #420
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Well, allow me to put a rest to this debate regarding whether Yamashita is a boy or girl...

Look how he is addressed: 山下クン (Yamashita-KUN)

Among peers, you do not ever address a girl as -kun, no matter how manly she is.
In persona 4 naoto is still called naoto kun even after naoto's secret is revealed
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gonzo, mecha, sci-fi, shounen