AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-21, 02:56   Link #301
BlueDo

I haven't watched the movie yet.
Is the whole thing about the first arc? (Onikakushi or whatever it was called...)
So that would make it a bad/sad ending?
Old 2008-12-21, 12:44   Link #302
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
I haven't watched the movie yet.
Is the whole thing about the first arc? (Onikakushi or whatever it was called...)
So that would make it a bad/sad ending?
Yes it is the Onikakushi-hen Arc.

Spoiler for Answer to your second question:

It is worth a watch. Even though it wasn't as good in my opinion as I had hoped, it was still a good decent horror flick.
Old 2008-12-22, 12:31   Link #303
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

Considering how elaborate some parts of Higurashi are, and thus not really movie-friendly, I'm satisfied with how the first movie turned out.

They made one surprising revelation at the end which most fans would probably object to, but I'd say they thought it necessary to make it even more obvious we know nothing of what really happened in Hinamizawa during Onikakushi... and, of course, they are planning a sequel.

The subs I picked up messed up horribly at the end. Instead of a "memo saying to look for Mion's syringe", we get a "memo written by Mion", completely derailing any logical structure of the conclusion : /. No offense to Piggymoo, though.
Old 2008-12-22, 12:53   Link #304
hirahira
a duck is fine too

I actually think it's pretty good so far. though I haven't gotten to any of the serious parts yet. hopefully the acting won't be too bad at those parts.

I don't mind that they changed the character's personalities. after all, it would be kind of freaky if a real person starting squealing "Omochekaeri~!" all the time

edit: Keiichi is a two-timer D:

Last edited by hirahira; 2008-12-22 at 13:59.
Old 2008-12-22, 15:03   Link #305
confused_kitsune
Big Confused Cheese Inc.

Send a message via Yahoo to confused_kitsune
My expectation for the movie weren't that high, thus I didn't get disappointed.
However... there are some things I couldn't help but notice.

First of all, Keiichi's actor looked so bored all the time, it was just out of place. It was kinda the opposite of Keiichi himself.
Second of all, it felt that they put too much emphasis on Rena and Mion and way too little on Satoko and Rika. No club games, no fun together, no elaborate penalty games.
Third... Ooishi and Tomitake's actors were so lol due to their appearance. Ooishi, due to his thinness, and Tomitake, 'cause he looked so much like a lost tourist in the middle of the mountain, carrying all sorts of useless things and no survival essential ones. xD

Other than that, I noticed that the shirt Keiichi wore when he met with Ooishi at Angel Mort had all sorts of Engrish phrases written on it, one of them being. 'fuck therapy'. )
Old 2008-12-22, 21:15   Link #306
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytrus View Post
The subs I picked up messed up horribly at the end. Instead of a "memo saying to look for Mion's syringe", we get a "memo written by Mion", completely derailing any logical structure of the conclusion : /. No offense to Piggymoo, though.
Yeah that was the only part that seemed to disappoint me with the subs as the same with everyone.

Hopefully they will pick up on it and change it, but if they don't, it doesn't really matter. As long as they took the liberty and time to sub this long movie...I am happy with that.

Well anyway, I forgot to mention, besides the showing of
Spoiler for Kai:
a little, the 'Hint' at the end with the them showing the marker intead of the
Spoiler for truth:
was simply Brilliant!

But I wonder how they will work on the other movies and try to make it so that if you haven't watched the first one, you wouldn't be confused in the second...But they really can't help it really so I don't blame them if they don't make it as clear as the first one.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused_kitsune View Post
My expectation for the movie weren't that high, thus I didn't get disappointed.
However... there are some things I couldn't help but notice.

First of all, Keiichi's actor looked so bored all the time, it was just out of place. It was kinda the opposite of Keiichi himself.
I didn't really notice that he was bored really... Maybe he was at some parts I guess, but it wasn't enough to make Kei-Chan seem out of character though really.
I wish he would be tricked and had at least one practical prank by Satoko played on him besides the assumed prank by Satoko on Chie.

The chemistry should'va been a lot better between the characters. Although Rena and Mion were the prime focus of the film because of obvious reasons, the chemistry just didn't seem all that great.

Sure there were a few good times, but not enough to build the realationship with Rena, Mion and Kei-chan.

Spoiler for The ending of the movie:

Quote:
Third... Ooishi and Tomitake's actors were so lol due to their appearance. Ooishi, due to his thinness, and Tomitake, 'cause he looked so much like a lost tourist in the middle of the mountain, carrying all sorts of useless things and no survival essential ones. xD
They can't make the actors look perfect, or else it would be too odd wouldn't it? Though taking the facial hair from Tomitake would be better, it just doesn't seem necessary to do when your cast already set.

Quote:
Other than that, I noticed that the shirt Keiichi wore when he met with Ooishi at Angel Mort had all sorts of Engrish phrases written on it, one of them being. 'fuck therapy'. )
heh. I took notice of that as well. I would soo~ wear that too probably.

Last edited by Oyajitchi; 2008-12-22 at 21:41.
Old 2009-01-12, 08:45   Link #307
L_L

I'm really disappointed about the movie. It really sucks. The movie destroys the high and mighty name of "higurashi".
Old 2009-01-12, 09:35   Link #308
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

hmm, i thought that the movie was just ok... maybe, because i wasn't expecting anything much from this movie. They can't really bring out the "feelings" from the original anyway... It's way too hard for them to do so. But will be waiting for its sequel.
Old 2009-01-15, 17:29   Link #309
Ryuugu-chan
.....?

The movie was okay..
Just..Okay.

Maybe it's because I hate Onikakushi,I expected more of this movie,the acting seemed alittle off(..Must be the curse of live action movies based off anything anime-like..)
... But,really,this movie is an okay movie.

I liked the little spoilerish things in the movie,but I didn't get the scene at the end.

Anyway,I just hope the sequel is alot better,they cannot mess up that arc...
But the trailer seems pretty cool,alot better then the first movie's trailers,so it should be better(..but trailers lie alot).
Old 2009-01-15, 17:36   Link #310
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuugu-chan View Post

I liked the little spoilerish things in the movie,but I didn't get the scene at the end.
What did you not get at the end? Like what scene? I could explain it for you if you want.
Old 2009-01-16, 19:12   Link #311
Ryuugu-chan
.....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyajitchi View Post
What did you not get at the end? Like what scene? I could explain it for you if you want.
The scene after Keiichi dies,I think it's Ooishi talking about their deaths.
Old 2009-01-16, 23:16   Link #312
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuugu-chan View Post
The scene after Keiichi dies,I think it's Ooishi talking about their deaths.

Ah! Unless you didn't finish Higurashi Season 1 don't read on ahead...

(This is all from memory as I don't have the time to re-watch the movie again or re-download it on my computer again. Gomen. )

Spoiler for Higurashi Onikakushi-hen Truth:

I hope I explained it correctly...
Old 2009-01-18, 02:03   Link #313
KoiYuki

Finally saw the movie (though it kept going out of synch on my computer. ). It was decent, I suppose. The acting was okay.. in fact, it was all just okay. Nothing subperb. I did like the
Spoiler for .:
though.

A lot of scenes were over the top though, and the "demon eyes" were just kind of weird.
Old 2009-01-18, 04:41   Link #314
HigurashinoUmineko

Oh. Has anyone seen the new trailer for Higurashi Chikai? I have and it shows ALOT of the plot line.

Spoiler for Tsumihoroboshi:
Old 2009-01-18, 19:35   Link #315
Mappy
Eat This!

I thought the acting and direction of this film were all pretty bad across the board. I was never really convinced that anyone working on this film took it seriously, or even wanted to be in the film. I have to admit, though, that it managed to exceed my expectations, because my expectations for it were at rock bottom and were preparing to blast to new depths.

I did find the final scene with Keiichi quite moving and sad, but it would have been so much better if they had gone to greater depths to make his relationship with Rena and Mion seem closer during the course of the film, before events started along the inevitable downfall. They never seemed to go beyond nervously awkward and somewhat suspicious of each other, and that final scene makes it look as if (in Keiichi's mind, at least) that they had been friends since birth.
Old 2009-01-22, 21:29   Link #316
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Please don't open the spoilers if you don't want to get spoiled badly.

It's hard to develop the characters within a movie's timeframe though, but I believe they could've at least "tried" to. I was most disappointed with K1's character. He was looking bored for like 80% of the whole film.
Spoiler for K1's past:

Also, I think they went overboard with the needle in the ohagi scene.
Spoiler for Truth behind it.:

Rena's past was also a bit overboard.
Spoiler for Rena's window breaking incident:

Rika and Satoko's appearance at the end was something I didn't expect.
Spoiler for The scene that shouldn't be:

I'm thinking the movie was trying to be too "horror" that it left out the necessary drama and character development for it to be successful.
Old 2009-01-22, 21:35   Link #317
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well was Rika and Satoko's fate even touched in the original version of that arc?
Old 2009-01-25, 10:19   Link #318
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well was Rika and Satoko's fate even touched in the original version of that arc?
Rika gets disemboweled and Satoko presumably perishes with the rest of Hinamizawa.
Old 2009-01-26, 23:37   Link #319
Unison
Banned

Quote:
Also, I think they went overboard with the needle in the ohagi scene.
Spoiler for Truth behind it.:
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2009-01-29, 21:51   Link #320
Cnidocyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Although it dosent quite count, the first anime opening showed it that way so there is some credibility to it
Closed Thread

Tags
live action