Old 2009-01-04, 15:07   Link #121
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

and a romance for MEAT!!!!
Old 2009-01-04, 16:43   Link #122
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Indeed, there is no such thing as romance between humans for Luffy. The only romance Luffy has is a manly romance, chasing his dreams through great adventures with his Nakama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
*sigh* What can you do?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 17:08   Link #123
Lord Uiruu

Question

Luffy is my role model!
Lord Uiruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 12:29   Link #124
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Wait... you sure he isn't gay?
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 14:10   Link #125
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Wait... you sure he isn't gay?
Well I for one am sure he isn't. And when Bonta Kun said "romance for MEAT", I'm sure he meant the meat that Luffy is always eating- off the bone.
Old 2009-01-06, 19:15   Link #126
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Well I for one am sure he isn't. And when Bonta Kun said "romance for MEAT", I'm sure he meant the meat that Luffy is always eating- off the bone.
I'm well-aware. But there's another kind of meat that can be eaten off the bone. Just pointing out a poor choice of words.
Old 2009-01-06, 22:13   Link #127
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
I'm well-aware. But there's another kind of meat that can be eaten off the bone. Just pointing out a poor choice of words.
Uh, I don't get it.
Old 2009-01-14, 04:57   Link #128
ESC

Luffy's IQ is like below 110
that's what makes him so cool because he acts out without thinking (most of the time..)
ESC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 14:35   Link #129
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESC View Post
that's what makes him so cool because he acts out without thinking (most of the time..)
yeah, most people's IQs are below 110 dude.

Are you a french Canadian?
Old 2009-01-15, 05:16   Link #130
ESC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
yeah, most people's IQs are below 110 dude.

Are you a french Canadian?
Average IQ was around 110 @ my school and actually, if your IQ was any lower than that you were considered below normal in the grade.
So I considered luffy to be below average (cultural difference? area difference?) most likely under 110 for sure and around 70-80. Or maybe he is a genius and has an IQ of 140+

Edit: The country IQ is around 106 based on web search, so the average must have been out of norm(higher by around 4) when i took the standardized paper IQ test in school (grade 11). Top score was 142, and I'm nowhere close to that.

Last edited by ESC; 2009-01-15 at 05:58.
Old 2009-01-15, 10:27   Link #131
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
what nonsense is this? having IQ lower then 110 makes you act without thinking ?
i have no idea what my IQ is but its probably below 110 =P and i dont really act on impulse... much.
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 19:10   Link #132
ESC

Sorry for my ignorance,
I was generalizing it in my area's standard of below average
And I honestly believe IQ does not reflect one's true intelligence

So if i rephrase that,
Luffy's IQ is prob below average, maybe even as low as 70-
Old 2009-01-16, 11:35   Link #133
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Sorry for my ignorance,
I was generalizing it in my area's standard of below average
And I honestly believe IQ does not reflect one's true intelligence

So if i rephrase that,
Luffy's IQ is prob below average, maybe even as low as 70-
70? I don't think Luffy is mentally retarded...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
what nonsense is this? having IQ lower then 110 makes you act without thinking ?
i have no idea what my IQ is but its probably below 110 =P and i dont really act on impulse... much.
Hm, mine is around 124-125... I act on impulse more than anything else.
Old 2009-01-21, 02:28   Link #134
frankystar
frankystar

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Indeed, there is no such thing as romance between humans for Luffy. The only romance Luffy has is a manly romance, chasing his dreams through great adventures with his Nakama.

Amen doesn't have time to think about romance ne
frankystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 15:00   Link #135
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

btw, ESC- get rid of your font. It is annoying.

And an IQ test does not test how fundamentally 'smart' a person is at all- the test itself is flawed

And luffy is the most rational irrational person in the whole anime.

Last edited by Bari_Phillis; 2009-01-21 at 15:10.
Bari_Phillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 18:56   Link #136
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
btw, ESC- get rid of your font. It is annoying.

And an IQ test does not test how fundamentally 'smart' a person is at all- the test itself is flawed

And luffy is the most rational irrational person in the whole anime.
Well we covered Luffy's aspects on love and intelegence. How about we look into his aspects on crying sadness, vengeful anger, and horrific fear? Reason is because I have a complaint about him in movie 6. He was very angry in losing his nakama to Baron Omatsuri and Carnation Lily and by the end of the movie when his nakama was free Luffy just smiled right before the end credits.

< WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

If it were me on the situation I'd transform into the tiger hulk and wreak havoc starting by brutally murdering those plant versions of the Baron's once dead crew then I slash Omatsuri's arm (with the shoulder holding Carnation Lily). If Carnation Lily decides to turn monstrous, I would use roukishi moves to slash at it's head. To finish the battle with Omatsuri, I would use a Super Nova of the elements (fire, terra, lightning, floral, water, wind, ice, metal, time, space, light, and darkness). After that battle I'd be greeted by the imprisoned strawhats especially Nami. I'd hug her and I would cry in her breasts after witnessing experiencing the horrors that had happened to her and everyone else.

Now why wouldn't Luffy cry after such horrors had happen? Most people just can't get over any horror they experience. i.e.: ending of Apocolypse Now.
Old 2009-01-22, 05:47   Link #137
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Now why wouldn't Luffy cry after such horrors had happen? Most people just can't get over any horror they experience. i.e.: ending of Apocolypse Now.
Well, Luffy as a character is like the embodiment of the phrase "happy-go-lucky", so long as there is a good side to a situation he's always smiling.

Or maybe it's a psychological thing, he's sociopathic or whatever the condition is. Maybe as long as he has his "comrade" figures, he is content no matter the state they are in. Think of it like a child with a securtiy blanket; it can become the most tattered and tainted string of clothe ever to have graced human hands and they'll still hold on to it like it was a part of them... but you try and physically seperate that "comfort-object"...

While I'd really rather not imagine it, I could imagine Luffy in a situation where all his crew is dead and gone and he's still conversing animatly with the corpses or what-not.

But so long as none are taken permanently, Luffy is fine.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 19:14   Link #138
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Well, Luffy as a character is like the embodiment of the phrase "happy-go-lucky", so long as there is a good side to a situation he's always smiling.

Or maybe it's a psychological thing, he's sociopathic or whatever the condition is. Maybe as long as he has his "comrade" figures, he is content no matter the state they are in. Think of it like a child with a securtiy blanket; it can become the most tattered and tainted string of clothe ever to have graced human hands and they'll still hold on to it like it was a part of them... but you try and physically seperate that "comfort-object"...

While I'd really rather not imagine it, I could imagine Luffy in a situation where all his crew is dead and gone and he's still conversing animatly with the corpses or what-not.

But so long as none are taken permanently, Luffy is fine.
Yeah but I bet he never considered how his nakama felt after experiencing those horrors Omatsuri put them through as they're not the kind of "security blankets" that are emotionless (emphasis on emotionless). I would have wanted to see Nami crying after all the suffering she had to put up with instead of cutting it short to the credits. Some security blankets are as delicate as newborn kittens and need special care. If Nami were my security blanket, I'd cry if she became tattered so much (physical and/or emotion wise).

Last edited by Rainbowman; 2009-01-23 at 13:28.
Old 2009-01-22, 22:48   Link #139
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Yeah but I bet he never considered how his nakama felt after experiencing those horrors Omatsuri put them through as they're not the kind of "security blankets" that are emotionless (emphasis on emotionless). I would have wanted to see Nami crying after all the suffering she had to put up with instead of cutting it short to the credits. Some security blankets are as delegate as newborn kittens and need extra care. If Nami were my security blanket, I'd cry if she became tattered so much (physical and/or emotion wise).
Well, if you'd care to take notice, I was trying to draw a metaphor between the physical tatterings of the "security blanket" and the mental/emotional stress of a person.

Nami crying, even after such "torturous" treatment, is just unlikely given her character. Nami has a strong personality for a person in general and it would take a lot to really make her break down.
Plus, and I've said it before somewhere, you know she's been through worse what with half her life wasted under Arlong.

The things people will use for a good Doujin...

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 13:15   Link #140
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Well, if you'd care to take notice, I was trying to draw a metaphor between the physical tatterings of the "security blanket" and the mental/emotional stress of a person.

Nami crying, even after such "torturous" treatment, is just unlikely given her character. Nami has a strong personality for a person in general and it would take a lot to really make her break down.
Plus, and I've said it before somewhere, you know she's been through worse what with half her life wasted under Arlong.

The things people will use for a good Doujin...
I guess you have a point. BTW, what's a Doujin?