AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-23, 09:41   Link #1321
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

For shits and giggles, I'll suggest Lloyd and Rakshata.
Old 2009-01-23, 11:22   Link #1322
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I'd say just about any relationship that attempts to include Lloyd is pretty much going to fail at some point or another. He's been around Cecile for god knows how long but only looks at her as a fellow scientist. His one chance of getting married to a beautiful, young girl did not interest him beyond the possibility of getting a mecha.

I wouldn't be too surprised if the animosity between Rakshata and Lloyd was pretty deep as well. Not like lovers who went their seperate ways but scientists who had a fundamental disagreement. As crazy as Rakshata is about her mechas, she at least considers human life valuable, something Lloyd does not.
Old 2009-01-23, 12:08   Link #1323
Levy
differently sober

Mh, you are right, it's quite impossible to have a *normal* sentimental life with Lloyd, and it was surely the case for his fiancé, but I think Cécile has accepted the oddities of his personality already, and that's she prepared to what she'd found being with him.
As for him, well, he do not act as having anything but a professional symbiotic relationship with Cécile, but I think it's not impossible for her to make him change his mind. After all, she's inside Lloyd's world more than anyone else.

And I agree about his animosity with Rakshata being not of romantic nature, although we don't know if the starting break-up was something this important or, as Cécile hinted in the last episode, something really small. What's for granted is that the deep reason they grew apart is what you pointed out: deep down Rakshata has some values that Lloyd has not.

Anyway, Cosmic Eagle, they can make quite a humorous couple if that's what you meant. =)
Old 2009-01-23, 12:51   Link #1324
rave
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Oh I am sure that Xris and co. have a good memories and know those who created problems in the past so at least they would read and check if everything's REALLY right. And yeah, personnaly, I won't hesitate because you don't listen at all to the other people and you continue to play dumb.

So since you are now aware that it's annoying, if you want to prove that you are not a pathetic troll, stop that and talk normally.
What is this?Are you joking?Who asked you to be the authority around the forums and make critic of other's people posts?Lolipopo did nothing wrong there,she just said her opinion.If you do not like her jokes,do not read them.If they bother you,not her problem.You can't ask of someone to change his behavior because it makes you annoyed.Her right.What are you?The superior air around here?Get over it.
Oh and btw,the reason you do not like Kallen is because she is not behaving lady-like?This is a shallow reason,should i ask you as well not to say your opinion about her?

On topic,i lol hard with the poems,compare C.C and Kallen poem.Just that.You get the idea.And in general,like we Greek are used to say,Spartans with simple words,it is easy to see now:

Shirlulu got a lot of scenes and in the best of all,got a line from Lelouch that said 'i do not know' about her.So for the sake of argument,let's put it 50/50 here.
CluClu(lol)got nothing in the series,but for the sake of argument,let's say that those pandering moments between them,might have been something romantic.There comes the word 'equal'.Shot down.
Kalulu got a lot of scenes,most of them that could be interpreted in a lot of ways.For example their kiss,CluClu fans(lol)were laughing because in their eyes at the moment was nothing.For Kalulu fans,it was what the NewType booklet came to confirm for them.It was like director's cut,when you can see the real inner thoughts of the characters.
Add these to the poems in relevance to relationships as well(Shirlulu slip away,CluClu enjoying his pain,Kalulu controversial at least,because if you look at it better,it expresses some of Lelouch's thoughts as well)i think if someone says that Kalulu is not romantic,it is the same saying that C.C has blue hair.Kalulu got scenes and the meaning behind those scenes,make it move into near canon levels.Whether you like it or not.(obviously a lot of people do not like it otherwise there would not be such a ruckus.You should sign a petition to have more marketing images though,that will ease your sunken ship pain.Fiction life sucks,what can i say?)
Old 2009-01-23, 13:18   Link #1325
Haku-Men
Banned

Location: depths of Kagutsuchi where the Sheol Gate is located
Quote:
Originally Posted by rave View Post
What is this?Are you joking?Who asked you to be the authority around the forums and make critic of other's people posts?Lolipopo did nothing wrong there,she just said her opinion.If you do not like her jokes,do not read them.If they bother you,not her problem.You can't ask of someone to change his behavior because it makes you annoyed.Her right.What are you?The superior air around here?Get over it.
Oh and btw,the reason you do not like Kallen is because she is not behaving lady-like?This is a shallow reason,should i ask you as well not to say your opinion about her?

On topic,i lol hard with the poems,compare C.C and Kallen poem.Just that.You get the idea.And in general,like we Greek are used to say,Spartans with simple words,it is easy to see now:

Shirlulu got a lot of scenes and in the best of all,got a line from Lelouch that said 'i do not know' about her.So for the sake of argument,let's put it 50/50 here.
CluClu(lol)got nothing in the series,but for the sake of argument,let's say that those pandering moments between them,might have been something romantic.There comes the word 'equal'.Shot down.
Kalulu got a lot of scenes,most of them that could be interpreted in a lot of ways.For example their kiss,CluClu fans(lol)were laughing because in their eyes at the moment was nothing.For Kalulu fans,it was what the NewType booklet came to confirm for them.It was like director's cut,when you can see the real inner thoughts of the characters.
Add these to the poems in relevance to relationships as well(Shirlulu slip away,CluClu enjoying his pain,Kalulu controversial at least,because if you look at it better,it expresses some of Lelouch's thoughts as well)i think if someone says that Kalulu is not romantic,it is the same saying that C.C has blue hair.Kalulu got scenes and the meaning behind those scenes,make it move into near canon levels.Whether you like it or not.(obviously a lot of people do not like it otherwise there would not be such a ruckus.You should sign a petition to have more marketing images though,that will ease your sunken ship pain.Fiction life sucks,what can i say?)
Wow! Your quoting something from a week ago?
Old 2009-01-23, 13:41   Link #1326
Levy
differently sober

I got some spare time today and finally took the courage to actually look at PD5 full-lenght -and yeah I blushed again like a tomato at fanservice!Chiba but managed to not avert my eyes XD!
With my zero knowledge of japanese languages I do not understood anything but the obvious, that is none of the BK guys is considered a real men by the girls, except, maybe, Tohdoh-san (even though that hen thing that popped from the background after his appearance was ...weird, at least ) and that Minami has been spotted out as a lolicon also by them. XD
It could be that Xiangling liked Asahina - not that I pretend someone would care about, but whatever.... Poor Sugiyama, lol =P

If someone got a better clue of the dialogue, please share^^
I'm curious to know what Li was so pissed about - old women corrupting his dear Tianzi?
Old 2009-01-23, 14:23   Link #1327
rave
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku-Men View Post
Wow! Your quoting something from a week ago?
Yes,is it against the rules?I don't think so and besides i was banned,i could not say something back then,so i say it now.You comment towards me was to use the heh emoticon?
Old 2009-01-23, 14:34   Link #1328
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
@Nogitsune: theheeh! see how many way of awesome am I, I manage to be a CluClu in denial and a Kalulu fanatic roughly at the same time! you're all no match for me, mwahahaha! XD but....you do love me still, do you? even if I have dirty fantasies about Cécile and Lloyd under the shadow of Lancy, ne? nee? ;_; =P see above for my took on Lloyd and Cécile as a pairing. :3
Of course I still love you, dear. I always will.
Even if I can't look at Lloyd without thinking: "Yep. Definitely an aromantic asexual!" xD
And even if someone were to declare you a CharlesxTamaki shipper!
...Omg, I really should stop creeping myself out.

Anyway, I like seeing Lloyd interact with almost everyone, and if I could see him developing a love life, it would probably be with Cecile.
Rakshata is awesome, but somehow... they are too similar for my taste, even if I agree that Lloyd is certainly more of a mad scientist than her.
And then there's Suzaku... if one were to add him to the mix, Lloyd and Cecile would definitely make a fascinating little family. xD
Old 2009-01-23, 14:43   Link #1329
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
I got some spare time today and finally took the courage to actually look at PD5 full-lenght -and yeah I blushed again like a tomato at fanservice!Chiba but managed to not avert my eyes XD!
With my zero knowledge of japanese languages I do not understood anything but the obvious, that is none of the BK guys is considered a real men by the girls, except, maybe, Tohdoh-san (even though that hen thing that popped from the background after his appearance was ...weird, at least ) and that Minami has been spotted out as a lolicon also by them. XD
It could be that Xiangling liked Asahina - not that I pretend someone would care about, but whatever.... Poor Sugiyama, lol =P

If someone got a better clue of the dialogue, please share^^
I'm curious to know what Li was so pissed about - old women corrupting his dear Tianzi?
I still didn't have the chance to listen to the PD5. Anyway, I read somewhere (probably here) that there was a clue that Minami got spotted as a lolicon . So it was not a rumor xD

When you say "none of the BK guys", does it include Zero/Lelouch too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Of course I still love you, dear. I always will.
Even if I can't look at Lloyd without thinking: "Yep. Definitely an aromantic asexual!" xD
And even if someone were to declare you a CharlesxTamaki shipper!
...Omg, I really should stop creeping myself out.

Anyway, I like seeing Lloyd interact with almost everyone, and if I could see him developing a love life, it would probably be with Cecile.
Rakshata is awesome, but somehow... they are too similar for my taste, even if I agree that Lloyd is certainly more of a mad scientist than her.
And then there's Suzaku - if one were to add him to the mix, Lloyd and Cecile would definitely make a fascinating little family. xD
I personally was hoping for some comedy/romance scenes between rakshata/Llyod/Suzaku/Cecile, but we got none.

I was also a LlyodXCecile shipper, but it got no clue that those two could fall in love for each other. Instead, I was surprised when I read that back in R1, they apparently planned to hint towards a SuzakuXCecile pairing. But again, in R2, it didn't happen.

As for Rakshata, I thought that "maybe" there was more behind her sarcastic comments about Lloyd (pudding Earl), but no, she just seems to have a little grudge against him.

R2 didn't really deliver in term of possible romantic hints concerning those side characters. But since the pacing was already not very good, they weren't able to include more side plots, and even cut some other plots (suzaku's relation to geass for example).
Old 2009-01-23, 15:06   Link #1330
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Everybody know R2 was a disaster looking story and sidestories organization.

Example? episode 2, before to make suicide, Urabe says "Rakshata, I'm sorry.."

Yes, but...sorry for what? mystere...
Old 2009-01-23, 15:09   Link #1331
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post

Lakshata made their flight suits to increase the pilot's survival rate by causing them to inflate like that. Instead of letting inflate, Urabe apologizes to her and deflates it, choosing to sacrifice himself instead of getting out of there alive. No mystery there.
Old 2009-01-23, 15:10   Link #1332
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:

I remember woindering it on the forum XD And people replied to me that he was sorry to have to destroy his KMF, since Rakshata seems attached to her KMF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Lakshata made their flight suits to increase the pilot's survival rate by causing them to inflate like that. Instead of letting inflate, Urabe apologizes to her and deflates it, choosing to sacrifice himself instead of getting out of there alive. No mystery there.
Ah? It was that XD?

It makes sense.
Old 2009-01-23, 16:18   Link #1333
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Nah, excluding the old Burai and the Panzer Hummel, ALL the knightmare frames has the eject system, if the people die, is just because they forgot to use it .
Old 2009-01-23, 16:30   Link #1334
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Nah, excluding the old Burai and the Panzer Hummel, ALL the knightmare frames has the eject system, if the people die, is just because they forgot to use it .
Yeah, that doesn't stop other factors in the eject from killing/causing injury. Lakshata's pilot suits are designed to inflate so they cushion blows in case of a collision.
Old 2009-01-23, 19:29   Link #1335
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

If I remember, the only one used eject system and the pod hit a obstacle...the pilot die, a very, very safe system, because that person had to die....

Thanks the plot scheme, everything is a contradiction of everything.
Old 2009-01-23, 19:46   Link #1336
N a r u . M a y
SWEETBERRY//❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Lol i second that motion!
Old 2009-01-23, 20:52   Link #1337
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Mh, you are right, it's quite impossible to have a *normal* sentimental life with Lloyd, and it was surely the case for his fiancé, but I think Cécile has accepted the oddities of his personality already, and that's she prepared to what she'd found being with him.
As for him, well, he do not act as having anything but a professional symbiotic relationship with Cécile, but I think it's not impossible for her to make him change his mind. After all, she's inside Lloyd's world more than anyone else.

And I agree about his animosity with Rakshata being not of romantic nature, although we don't know if the starting break-up was something this important or, as Cécile hinted in the last episode, something really small. What's for granted is that the deep reason they grew apart is what you pointed out: deep down Rakshata has some values that Lloyd has not.

Anyway, Cosmic Eagle, they can make quite a humorous couple if that's what you meant. =)
Yeah. Would make a good doujin.
Old 2009-01-24, 00:29   Link #1338
Daril Gukku

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave View Post

I disagree with you about the poem. Those were the characters --> Lelouch, and even if they contain what the characters BELIEVED his thoughts to be, they are not his thoughts. Unless we get a poem from Lelouch --> to all his precious people (highly unlikely) I don't believe whatever Kallen, (or Shirley, or Rivalz or whomever) expressed in THEIR poem as Lelouch's true thoughts to be canon.

Kalulu had scenes, but that doesn't mean I have to find it romantic. I've seen plenty of Kalulu fans claim the R2 Turn 7 scene as proof, but I saw that as nothing more than Lelouch being a giant asshat and Kallen rightly calling him out on it.

I never shipped C.CxLulu, so I can't say anything about that, but I wouldn't say Shirlulu is any less canon (or more canon) than Kalulu. People say it ended with Shirley's death, but did SuzaEuphie end with Euphie's death? She was still an important person to Suzaku, and someone he continued to love, and she influenced his actions in R2, just like Shirley did to Lelouch.

I don't believe we'll ever get a real conclusion to the shipwars for this show, unless zombie!Lelouch shows up in R3. But you can't claim a ship is sunk just because you feel your ship has more "canon weight" or "extra material", because all that is subject to interpretation.
Old 2009-01-24, 00:40   Link #1339
Lord_Bear
*Author

This thread needs more Kewell pairings.

SHIPWAR: KewellxRolo vs. KewellxAnya vs. KewellxCharles. GO!

Last edited by Lord_Bear; 2009-01-24 at 00:43. Reason: ETA
Old 2009-01-24, 02:16   Link #1340
Daril Gukku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Bear View Post
This thread needs more Kewell pairings.

SHIPWAR: KewellxRolo vs. KewellxAnya vs. KewellxCharles. GO!
Personally, I prefer KewellxKallen. Nothing like loving the person who killed you.
KewellxJeremiah is almost number 1 though.