Notices

Old 2009-01-22, 21:04   Link #181
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

wow, 4 eps?! that's gonna be nice
Old 2009-01-24, 20:22   Link #182
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well my theory is that i assume 2nd half 00 dub might be on sci fi in nov 09 since 1st half debut back in nov 08

& plus that 2nd half take place 4 years later also assume some characters try to sound 4 years older (despite both lockons will have the same english dub) also there the 2nd half characters besides i would not be going what if they think of bring back like chris's dub voice (misa amane) as a 2nd half character due to ali & daryl have same dub voice.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 23:51   Link #183
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

OMG!!! i was cheeking out gundam 00 in sci fi all i can say is WTF!!! Horrible!! the voices of ali Alejandro SUCKS!!! the only voice i kind of like is nena
Old 2009-01-27, 00:07   Link #184
rpgman1

The voices aren't that bad and they stick to the translations pretty closely.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 00:10   Link #185
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
The voices aren't that bad and they stick to the translations pretty closely.
not that bad? they are horrible is good that they are actually sticking closely whit the translations but the voices are horrible just look at ali's voice and Alejandro they are horrible the way they sound could actually be better.
Old 2009-01-27, 00:40   Link #186
Cherudim Arche

"Some" of the VA are good when in their role, while others may never completely be. As for the wording, it is close or far, for sometimes they get the "right" feeling, while others are misses.

LordStrike, Don't judge everything based on Japanese or vice versa. For doing that, it flaws the perception even more as an adaption. Yes, everyone has something to dislike about it, but nitpicking here and there will not and may not make the performance any better. People can list the "Every Problem", what good would it be, for it won't get considered. When watching dubs, I have one thing to say, "Prepare for the worst". It is better to start with too low of a standard than too high of one, for the change wouldn't be a nuisance. It may also help to be detached when moments do not become as good as the other version.

As for today episodes, it was alright, Tieria and Ali, still are better though here. The only problem I have it the splice of Virtue's counterattack and cast off. The other is the appearance of the GN-Xs, with the jump to action scenes.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 02:09   Link #187
Mangaka-chan

Voices this time around were pretty good. Nothing jumped out to me. And I have to say I was impressed with Lockon's delivery when he confronted Setsuna about his past in the KPSA. Some nice emotions there. Next week's should be interesting, with Lockon getting hurt and Tieria freezing up after Veda left him.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 11:58   Link #188
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

& even more for next week it's times 4eps of 00 from ep.21 to ep.24 yea it's so happening next week on sci fi with 4 00eps in one night
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
Old 2009-01-28, 23:50   Link #189
Throne Zwei
Londo Bell Taskforce

I don't really mind the dubs but the bunch of deleted scenes is quite annoying. They killed Virture purging its armor in ep 19, not to mention other good parts...
Old 2009-01-29, 00:59   Link #190
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordStrike View Post
OMG!!! i was cheeking out gundam 00 in sci fi all i can say is WTF!!! Horrible!! the voices of ali Alejandro SUCKS!!! the only voice i kind of like is nena

um, Hey nice guy, i do belive the rules said "No Flaming the Voices" which is basicly what you're doing.. Lets see you do a better job, I'm waiting for your "better" dub.

onlything i dislike about the voices is the guy with the psyco personality, reminds me to much of Inuyasha XD
Old 2009-01-29, 01:34   Link #191
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throne Zwei View Post
I don't really mind the dubs but the bunch of deleted scenes is quite annoying. They killed Virture purging its armor in ep 19, not to mention other good parts...
I noticed that when I was watching it but if someone hadn't seen the original version subbed I doubt they'd know exactly what was cut. However it was clear they cut it for time as this episode was running long. Always the problem when you take shows from Japan and play them in the US. There are more commercial breaks here and sometimes it can cause an episode to go over it's time slot. I don't think it happen to any other episode though since the episode were are talking about is the first time I noticed a cut scene like that.
HazardNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 03:57   Link #192
Scavenger
スカルリーダー

Send a message via MSN to Scavenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordStrike View Post
not that bad? they are horrible is good that they are actually sticking closely whit the translations but the voices are horrible just look at ali's voice and Alejandro they are horrible the way they sound could actually be better.
I'd hardly take your opinion serious because you seem to confuse the way a voice sounds with voice acting. They act well. Acting and being convincing are the most important aspects of voice acting and most Gundam 00 voice actors seem to be able at doing that.

You also don't seem to grasp the English language since your post is riddled with faults. Since you don't seem to understand the English language you shouldn't even bother criticizing the dub.

Sci-Fi channel is no charity. It's necessary to cut scenes since they make their revenue through advertisements. Just accept it. If you own Sci-Fi channel you would have done the same.
Scavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 14:33   Link #193
rpgman1

Makes me wish it was on Adult Swim so all we get is sped up OP and ED, commercials in the middle instead of every five minutes, and censorship. Too bad Gundam tarnished CN and AS.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 15:45   Link #194
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well unless you want to wait for the dvd full version of 00 dub besides there still a 2nd half yet to dub (but assume rush-dub before the end of 09).

besides really look at it 00 dub is still a mix-bag from setsuna-light (same seiyu & dub), sum-murrue (deja vu from in charge of the archangel to in charge of the Ptolemaios), & many others it well decent.

but it downside is let see patrick really his dub voice is mu but geez are ya kidding he does not sound like mu then louise early on she was mix-up really being very "barbie" (due to her being voice of barbie in those barbie movie).

besides there are still a 2nd half to be heard for 00.

& currently ok 00 dub right now

four meisters
sum-murrue
feldt (yea despite it lacus' dub really it sound ok that she is 21 right now & that she is could be one of those rising future anime dubber)
00's narrator aka ribbons (just found out on ann)
g.m.b.
ali (really now that is an evil voice for a very "evil" person)

Last edited by D-KLAC; 2009-01-29 at 16:59.
Old 2009-01-30, 08:21   Link #195
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
Makes me wish it was on Adult Swim so all we get is sped up OP and ED, commercials in the middle instead of every five minutes, and censorship. Too bad Gundam tarnished CN and AS.
Gundam helped make Cartoon Network and Adult Swim. Gundam Wing was a breakout hit in the US, and with DBZ and a few other anime it placed an entire franchise into the something other than obscure fandom. Even G Gundam did exceptionally well.

The problem was that the rest did not-so-well (respected but not major hits in cases like 08th or Seed), and tended to get punted to less desirable time slots when CN decided to move away from anime. The horrible dump of Destiny may have been part of that by certainly winning few friends, but CN tarnished itself in a lot of ways.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 23:21   Link #196
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
The problem was that the rest did not-so-well (respected but not major hits in cases like 08th or Seed), and tended to get punted to less desirable time slots when CN decided to move away from anime. The horrible dump of Destiny may have been part of that by certainly winning few friends, but CN tarnished itself in a lot of ways.
It's wholly unfair to put the entire blame on Cartoon Network, since Bandai itself played a big role in the mess. While Gundam Wing was a smash hit for everyone involved, none of the rest of the Gundam shows had anywhere near the same kind of success. Probably the biggest mistake was to follow up Wing with Mobile Suit Gundam; and that decision can be laid directly at the feet of the Bandai decision makers, and their lack of understanding of the North American market. Even G Gundam, which you point to as a ratings success (do you have any numbers by the way?), was anything but that on the retail front. The biggest upshoot was that the Gundam name was poisoned in the minds of the retailers, and it may have had repercussions on Cartoon Network as well.

The poor handling of Gundam Seed is partially Cartoon Network's fault, but even here Bandai played a role. They had insisted on trying to market the show towards children, and much of the editing stemmed from that. In any case, a lot of the damage had been done by then.

If Gundam 00 is a huge success, then we may see a revival in Gundam's popularity in North America. However, I doubt that this will happen. The best that can be hoped for is that Gundam 00 proves to be moderately successful, and open up the door for more Gundam shows. At this point, this "more" refers to shows made in the future rather than bringing over ZZ, Victory, or Turn A. By the way, does anyone have any ideas as to how well Gundam 00 is doing on Sci-Fi?
Old 2009-02-01, 02:30   Link #197
Balder8472
I have a License

Has anyone else noticed the shameful cutting of the english dub version? I noticed they cut out the Eins throne gundam owning the AEU forces in italy in ep 18, Then they shorten the virtue to nadleeh sequence in 19 and they even change the original dialogue.

If the mismatching voice actors aren't enough to suffer they have the cheek to actually cut bits of the show out it's just criminal.

If the (europe version) gundam00 DVD release doesn't have a japanese audio track and english subtitle options close to the original japanese content I aint buying it.
Balder8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 00:36   Link #198
strategos

LockOn, LockOn. LockOn, LockOn. Dang it. They reach the episode T_T. LOCKON!!

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 00:55   Link #199
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I thought tonight was the season finale? Why is the second-to-last episode on?

Additionally unless you're watching this show on a hdtv (despite the fact it isn't shown in HD) it looks like choppy crap)...DVRing it just for the hell of it, but this ain't the last episode...I think the potential for a successful new Gundam run in the US is slightly killed by the fact the show isn't being shown in HD...That woulda turned some heads...My copy of the show murders Sci-Fi's broadcast...
Old 2009-02-03, 01:06   Link #200
Setsuna Asuka

I really doubt it.