AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-01-31, 07:06   Link #7301
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
here's how I put it: Season 1 was bad, Capu2 was even worse.
Mhm, maybe we should do it like the Tsukihime fans and erase the existence of the anime from our minds.
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 08:58   Link #7302
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
I don;t see how season was that bad because they hit most of the main story arches in the first half of the manga, then again Sekerei manages to hit most of the main story's for oh 30-40 chapters.

Oh shi....... I just realized R+V anime only covers about 3 or 4..... it is about half filler tho.......still I want to say I have seen worse......
It was bad because it ignored a ton of Tsukune's development as a human vampire. Many Gar moments was lost.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 10:33   Link #7303
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Maybe the anime never made a pretence to be just an animated manga story but something more original, whether the original part was bad or good.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 10:37   Link #7304
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
Mhm, maybe we should do it like the Tsukihime fans and erase the existence of the anime from our minds.
most of my memories of the anime have been erased of RV. such an adaption from gonzo usually forces me to make the series easily forgetable. though i do have to say they outdid themselves with dragonauts. i forgot that 1-2 days after seeing the 25th ep sub. the only memoreis from the anime i retain are the mizore arcs and the manga relevant eps.

if gonzo does continue RV then then this small game would be rather relevant reaction from the fans of rv.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 11:46   Link #7305
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Maybe the anime never made a pretence to be just an animated manga story but something more original, whether the original part was bad or good.
Well, if you want to get into that... then Season1 was bad because it drew heavily upon the manga, and didn't put in the Tsukune moments that are crucial to him developing. Capu2 was horrible in the sense that there was way too many panty shots (Hayashi is entitled to his own opinion on this), and other than Tsukune simply trying to be the "nice guy o everyone", he was a wimpy male lead, something I absolutely can't stand

ugh... finish off the anime today, then wait for ch.16 to cleanse myself of it

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 12:32   Link #7306
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Well, if you want to get into that... then Season1 was bad because it drew heavily upon the manga, and didn't put in the Tsukune moments that are crucial to him developing. Capu2 was horrible in the sense that there was way too many panty shots (Hayashi is entitled to his own opinion on this), and other than Tsukune simply trying to be the "nice guy o everyone", he was a wimpy male lead, something I absolutely can't stand

ugh... finish off the anime today, then wait for ch.16 to cleanse myself of it
lol, yeah I don't mind the panties. Its the fact that the anime was 99% filler with no correlation to the manga.

I was hoping for an animated version of the manga to have my squee moments. But, alas I killed off my expectations of that happening a long time ago. I find solice in the manga alone.
Old 2009-01-31, 13:03   Link #7307
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

THIS IS ONE PIMP RIDE!

Old 2009-01-31, 13:10   Link #7308
Miraploy

I guess I'm the only one who liked the anime. I don't think I would've gotten into the show if it was serious, or had as much plot as the manga did. Because it was fluff and ridiculous it was entertaining, otherwise it would've just been somewhat of a generic shounen?
Miraploy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 13:26   Link #7309
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraploy View Post
I guess I'm the only one who liked the anime. I don't think I would've gotten into the show if it was serious, or had as much plot as the manga did. Because it was fluff and ridiculous it was entertaining, otherwise it would've just been somewhat of a generic shounen?
Hey now I like the anime and manga too. If it wasn't for the anime I would have never known such an awesome manga exist.

Also I was a bit glad they made it ecchi since that is what the manga lacks and the animated characters are well designed. Though now Ikeda changed his style to a more serious tone.
Old 2009-01-31, 13:27   Link #7310
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraploy View Post
That's also a matter of marketing.
I mean really, the shounen crowd is currently dominated by the Big Three; Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece. It's hard to get into that crowd as something with such big name anime already well established.
In addition to that we have other series that, while not quite as advertised, are certainly big hitters in their own right like Soul Eater, D. Gray-Mon, and Hitman Reborn.

The Shounen market is saturated and that's probably why the anime directors went the way they did. The manga coud get away with jumping into the market, manga readers are always looking for new stuff to occupy their time. But anime only fans... well, they seem to be more "single-minded" and just form fan-bases.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 14:20   Link #7311
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

If you ask me, R+V should be a Seinen not a Shonen. The tone is much darker, we dealt with many things that Shonen's don't deal with. For example in the last arc, we dealt with a possible rape.
Old 2009-01-31, 14:46   Link #7312
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
If you ask me, R+V should be a Seinen not a Shonen. The tone is much darker, we dealt with many things that Shonen's don't deal with. For example in the last arc, we dealt with a possible rape.
True, I don't know of many seinen anime series, at last not receantly.The problem is most seinen I've seen all already heavy with the vampire trend with things like Blood+, Trinity Blood, and Hellsing drifting about.

The directors knew they needed something to mke Rosario+Vampire stand out so they altered its genre slighly and went from there.

It was a nice strategy on their end, at least in theory. The recent Vampire trend has turned me off some other series...

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 14:49   Link #7313
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
In my drunken learnage of writing one can start a story off in the teen sub teen level but as the story matures so dose it content and theme, tho looking at the first few chapters of the manga..the them is a bit hot for Shonen but then again looking at the age ranges 10-18 that's pretty much teenage ranges.

R+V is mostly light hatred themed stuff with some suspense and drama, most notably mizroes arch ramped things up but as we leave it things are cooling down again, berserk and the like deal with mostly dark themes all the time..
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 15:05   Link #7314
yongshun

Quote:
One can argue that but look at Naruto it is Shonen and yet it deals alot with death abandonment, self hatred, pain, and shuning.
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 15:10   Link #7315
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
One can argue that but look at Naruto it is Shonen and yet it deals alot with death abandonment, self hatred, pain, and shuning.
Nartuo dose nto ligner to long in teh dark, and frankly neither dose R+V its just more eechi :P
Old 2009-01-31, 15:12   Link #7316
yongshun

Quote:
Nartuo dose nto ligner to long in teh dark, and frankly neither dose R+V its just more eechi :P
They both use cheese to move along, for Naruto they use his strong will and cheesy lines to move on, for R+V they use Ecchi to move on.
Old 2009-01-31, 15:14   Link #7317
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
They both use cheese to move along, for Naruto they use his strong will and pranks to move on, for R+V they use Ecchi to move on.
How many almost rapes or torture scenes in Nartuo?
THere'd be less I'd wager.
Old 2009-01-31, 15:20   Link #7318
yongshun

Quote:
How many almost rapes or torture scenes in Nartuo?
THere'd be less I'd wager.
Although the Torture scenes usually happens off screen there have been alot of them in Naruto, When Akatsuki went after the two tailed cat they crucified the host to the wall, during the death of Asuma the guy kept cutting himself to do damage to Asuma, and finally when the guy who killed Asuma was defeated he was buried alive deep in the earth.

Describing that it sounds like this should be in Shonen Jump Advance lol
Old 2009-01-31, 16:08   Link #7319
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
ugh... where's Kyero so I can give him the rope to hang myself...

Just finished the anime, and if it weren't for the manga, I'd feel like killing myself, it was so horrible... especially the last two episodes and what Tsukune did to Inner (then again, I'm more of an Inner fan!boy than an Outer... especially when she's all but throwing herself at him)

I'm going to skim the RAWs of the episodes for some pictures, create a little something, and watch the DVD versions for a bit of ecchiness... and then never speak of the anime again.

Hopefully by re-reading 15 and then seeing the RAW for 16 I can cure myself.. *grabs a bag and pukes*

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 16:46   Link #7320
BIG_BOI_JARRED
Aloha Family*

Quote:
ugh... where's Kyero so I can give him the rope to hang myself...

Just finished the anime, and if it weren't for the manga, I'd feel like killing myself, it was so horrible... especially the last two episodes and what Tsukune did to Inner (then again, I'm more of an Inner fan!boy than an Outer... especially when she's all but throwing herself at him)

I'm going to skim the RAWs of the episodes for some pictures, create a little something, and watch the DVD versions for a bit of ecchiness... and then never speak of the anime again.

Hopefully by re-reading 15 and then seeing the RAW for 16 I can cure myself.. *grabs a bag and pukes*
ahh man dude that is so nails of you HAHA! ROFL!

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire