AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Girls slapping guys: Is it ok ?
No, violence is wrong from both sexes 89 41.01%
I think its kinda cute, and haught 101 46.54%
Its only kool when comming FROM guys 27 12.44%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-01-15, 06:59   Link #101
Egghead89
I've got the master plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
My solution? Have both characters involved be female.
So you can get a cute girl beaten up without feeling a bastard for liking it.
That's why the Sakuya/Meiling pairing from Touhou is an immense source of lulz.

But this still doesn't break the double-standard issue.

For example, returning to the Clannad genderswap:
One of the possible ways to get the "Male Tomoyo wails on Female Youhei" thing to work, is to make the first very, very, girly. Almost trap-like. And the second has to mock him for that: just like in the actual series, but genderflipped (if anybody recalls the quote "Tomoyo's breasts are detachable!", you'll have an idea of what I mean... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Well yeah thats neither cute nor something from my point of view.

There shall be a reason to be kicked, punched, launched, bombed, blasted, strangled and burned.
Does bad luck count as a reason?
Egghead89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 09:47   Link #102
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egghead89 View Post
Yes, indeed.
Old 2009-01-16, 13:42   Link #103
Amray

Quote:
I think that I speak for myself, and Solid Snake, when I state;

"Luck means nothing on the battlefield".

Being slapped by a girl cannot always be for a bad cause. She may just be slapping you to wake you up so that she can kiss you. ^_^
XXXX
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 18:31   Link #104
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

depends how hard, and for what reason
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 10:08   Link #105
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amray View Post
I think that I speak for myself, and Solid Snake, when I state;

"Luck means nothing on the battlefield".
I disagree. I would rather be lucky than skilled.
Old 2009-01-29, 15:24   Link #106
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

I've said everything serious I have to say about this topic previously...

...but damn, some pictures of guys getting slapped by girls are super cute.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 16:36   Link #107
Egghead89

Quote:
I've said everything serious I have to say about this topic previously...

...but damn, some pictures of guys getting slapped by girls are super cute.
I cannot agree anymore...
Tsundere-type slapping can be very adorable!
Old 2009-01-29, 20:45   Link #108
Psychopathic Otaku
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Psychopathic Otaku
I think it's kinda cute ^^ and really hot when it's 2 girls o_0 yuri ftw
Psychopathic Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-30, 02:17   Link #109
SkyLight
I rise, you fall!

Send a message via MSN to SkyLight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervy Otaku View Post
I think it's kinda cute ^^ and really hot when it's 2 girls o_0 yuri ftw
Can't agree more
SkyLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-30, 23:36   Link #110
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Hey there.

I personally think that for both sexes, slapping can be justified in serious occasions. I was reminded of that scene in Citizen Kane where Kane slapped his wife for being a selfish brat. The context behind that slap was that he gave her everything she wanted yet complained she didn't get what she wanted. She was disgusting and selfish. That is an example of a "justified" slap. It doesn't matter whether it's male to female, female to male, male to male, female to female, sometimes people need a little slap in the face to get to their senses.

When it comes to comedic slaps, it doesn't matter either in my opinion. Slapstick humor on women by men has been carried out before, often in shoujo manga, and it's actually funny sometimes. I don't think I'm a male chauvinist because I don't condemn females physically abusing men and praise the other way around at the same time.

And for those who are sick of girls beating up boys all the time, watch Maria Holic. A girl is practically abused and treated like trash by a boy and it's all for the sake of comedy.

Edit: I'm not voting because the OP poster didn't give a choice in the poll for "slapping from both guys and girls is fine with me". Is it possible for a mod to add that choice?
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 05:12   Link #111
Egghead89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
When it comes to comedic slaps, it doesn't matter either in my opinion. Slapstick humor on women by men has been carried out before, often in shoujo manga, and it's actually funny sometimes. I don't think I'm a male chauvinist because I don't condemn females physically abusing men and praise the other way around at the same time.
Now this is what gender equality should be. I bow to you...

Spoiler for Nodame Cantabile - Chiaki beats Nodame:
Old 2009-01-31, 20:30   Link #112
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

In terms of a man abusing a woman I think Neuro's (from Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro treatment) of Yako easily takes the cake. From either genre. Comedic physical and mental torture taken to the extreme.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 09:09   Link #113
BlazingSoul
Life is both joy/sorrow

Send a message via AIM to BlazingSoul
I don't know why but I think that when a girl hits a guy it's only excusable if the guy has done something offensive to the girl. For example if the guy's being an @ss, it's tolerable when a girl hits the guy. But when it's the other way around usually it's best if the guy tries to restrain it because the male gender has always been regarded as "brute and oppressive." It's found in history that the female gender has always been looked down upon on. It's up to the people if they want to follow even treatment but chivalry dictates that women are individuals that are needed to be protected or cared for with special treatment. I don't know. That's just me.
BlazingSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 17:22   Link #114
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingSoul View Post
I don't know why but I think that when a girl hits a guy it's only excusable if the guy has done something offensive to the girl. For example if the guy's being an @ss, it's tolerable when a girl hits the guy.
Correct, that is an example of a "justified" slap.

Quote:
But when it's the other way around usually it's best if the guy tries to restrain it because the male gender has always been regarded as "brute and oppressive."
Brute and oppressive? If the girl is being a selfish stuck-up b!Tch, then she deserves a slap whether it's a guy or girl that does the slapping. She cannot be allowed to get away with what she's doing. That's like spoiling her. Girls that use "feminist" tactics (e.g. women are weaker than men so I can hit you but not vice versa) to justify their violent actions are just as brute and oppressive as guys who use their "higher strength" to physically bend girls to their will.

Quote:
It's found in history that the female gender has always been looked down upon on. It's up to the people if they want to follow even treatment but chivalry dictates that women are individuals that are needed to be protected or cared for with special treatment. I don't know. That's just me.
So does that mean women should have a double standard and given rights over men? That leaves them looking down over men as men have looked down over women so long in the past. You don't stop a flood's damage by changing the direction of the flow. You must stop the flood altogether. What about men today? Why should they be "punished" for the brute and oppressive men of the past? Imagine if you were born into this world and your friend was allowed to hit you at their discretion just because their father was hit by your father.

I really don't have much against women. I just hate double-standards whether it's for guys or girls.

It's good that your post gives people a choice and doesn't force your opinions on others.

Last edited by Tempester; 2009-02-01 at 17:40.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 06:38   Link #115
shinryou
--- semi-hikikomori ---

Quote:
I cannot agree anymore...
Tsundere-type slapping can be very adorable!
probably the thing that makes it most cute out of any other reason...
shinryou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 02:24   Link #116
Egghead89

I was wondering if there's a manga or anime that has a scene where a girl gets hit and becomes a Twinkle in the Sky...

EDIT: Excluding Jessie from Pokémon.

Last edited by Egghead89; 2009-02-04 at 04:55.
Old 2009-02-04, 03:48   Link #117
velvet
"with you, happiness"

Quote:
Exactly. If EF: A Tale of Melodies taught me anything, it's that abused girls are incredibly moe.

...I'm a bad, bad person, aren't I?
You are a si-- *shake hands* Welcome aboard.

velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 12:58   Link #118
Lonestar9

Send a message via Yahoo to Lonestar9
(That said, I can understand why a lot of guys don't do anything. I've had a girl in my anime club jab me in the ribs with a kendo stick and another smack me in the back of the head at a restaurant over utterly trivial stuff. By the time I mentally recovered from either, the chance to make an appropriate response had passed.)[/QUOTE]

This is the most sensible thing I've read. It's probably too hard to react quickly enough in that kind of situation. For me, I would try to stop a slap by anyone, girl or not. I'm no kid anymore, lol, but in my younger days I had the same thought pattern.

As for slapping in anime, eh, while on occasion I can see it's funny, or the guy deserved it, for the most part I don't think it's enjoyable or something to laugh at.
Lonestar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 13:30   Link #119
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

To me it depends on the situation. If its something innocent then I don't mind. If its violent heroines like Naru who's quick to throw a punch. I think the guy should at least block, evade, whatever the hit.

I don't like the gender card. It makes girls think they can get away with things just because of whats between their legs. Whatever happen to the female rights movements? Didn't females wanted to be treated the same as males? If a female bully/bitch/all of the above, is in a manga/anime. I prefer for something like this to happen:

Spoiler for image:

Rather than a simple payback of tears and woe is me moment.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 14:05   Link #120
Amray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I disagree. I would rather be lucky than skilled.
I would not. Luck can occur to anyone that feels it or thinks that they have it. Therefore I would rather be skilled as I will still have the abilities to do specific things, yet luck may come at me too. If I were an individual that did not believe in luck then I would still have my skills to save my life.

In conclusion, if you have the skills then you cannot lose as you may get lucky as well as just be skilled. If an individual is just simply lucky but lacks in skills in other areas then that is all they will be and there is always the chance that that luck will perish when not careful. That is when ones ability to be able to carry out tasks becomes useful.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote