Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-01, 16:39   Link #1521
ginran
~Smile~

Xingke x Tianzi

sorry, Im gonna go off the topic of Lulu ships here. not that the topic doesn't interest me, but there are other couples that need some love!

I was watching some CG videos on youtube, and I found some really sweet XingkeTianzi ones^^ I might post one of them on the video thread later. But anyway, what do you guys think of the pairing? Its obvious that there is some form of love there, romantic or not, its very sweet. Does anyone know the age difference between them? and is poor Xingke even alive anymore?
Old 2009-02-01, 19:08   Link #1522
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginran View Post
sorry, Im gonna go off the topic of Lulu ships here. not that the topic doesn't interest me, but there are other couples that need some love!

I was watching some CG videos on youtube, and I found some really sweet XingkeTianzi ones^^ I might post one of them on the video thread later. But anyway, what do you guys think of the pairing? Its obvious that there is some form of love there, romantic or not, its very sweet. Does anyone know the age difference between them? and is poor Xingke even alive anymore?

Hmm, to be honest, i never liked that pairing. Or to be more accurate, i never gave a rat's ass for it//did not care.
I did mind though, that X+T got more screentime than "allowed" to, considering nothing major happened to justify the hell of screentime they were given. {unless if it was about Xing-ke in the end, being Schneizel's dog basically for Tianzi}
You ask me, i'd prefer for the wasted extra screentime those two got, to get invested somewhere else. {hint, hint |DD;;}
Old 2009-02-02, 03:07   Link #1523
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
I see C.C. as precious to him more as a foster family or surrogate mother, not as a lover. Yes, he saw her as an equal, but that's how he saw Spinzaku too. For me he never had the feeling of liking as we could say the way he did to Shirley to C.C.
Nah...mother's pushing it too far. More like really, really close friend.
Old 2009-02-02, 03:10   Link #1524
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, I don't see C.C. as a surrogate mother for him either. A number of scenes of her comforting him can be seen as maternal, but honestly, all women who've hit puberty are gonna feel a maternal instinct. Why should C.C. be any different?
Old 2009-02-02, 04:56   Link #1525
Levy
differently sober

ROFL ginran don't worry, talking about a pairing that doesn't involve Lelouch is not OT. Even though it doesn't seems so XD

I like XingkeTianzi, even though there's not a lot to add about them: their oldtales-like romance was pretty obvious in all his development. A tale of devotion and platonic - for now - love.

the one thing I may not like about them is... that.. they doesn't taste like Code ^^;
In a way, they are too ...not pure, better... integral. Even Euphie, candid as she can be, has a more twisted background and family, Xingke and Tianzi belong to a world that is more innocent, and kinda different from that of Britannian and Japanese people.
Is this... boring? I don't know, but I can relate to what sky said about their screentime being better used for something else, although we'd probably disagree about what this else should have been :P

Xingke is alive and still hanging aroud in his ugly chicken-like KMF! XD
Old 2009-02-02, 11:54   Link #1526
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
ROFL ginran don't worry, talking about a pairing that doesn't involve Lelouch is not OT. Even though it doesn't seems so XD

I like XingkeTianzi, even though there's not a lot to add about them: their oldtales-like romance was pretty obvious in all his development. A tale of devotion and platonic - for now - love.

the one thing I may not like about them is... that.. they doesn't taste like Code ^^;
In a way, they are too ...not pure, better... integral. Even Euphie, candid as she can be, has a more twisted background and family, Xingke and Tianzi belong to a world that is more innocent, and kinda different from that of Britannian and Japanese people.
Is this... boring? I don't know, but I can relate to what sky said about their screentime being better used for something else, although we'd probably disagree about what this else should have been :P

somehow Xingke X tianzi borderlines wrong
Old 2009-02-02, 12:43   Link #1527
Levy
differently sober

Why?

not that he has non-consensual sex with her or anything, it's more something that was completely platonic at start and seems to be bound to change as she turns from a child into a young woman.
Old 2009-02-02, 13:24   Link #1528
Avira
fanart-fan :D

I always thought Xingke x Tianzi was cute....not more and not less

The good thing is that there wasn't anything sexual (yet) since Tianzi is actually still a child; so no loli stuff or whatever, but loyalty and mutual liking (which could grow into love later on).

Otherwise there isn't really much else to say because they are really minor characters and barely have an actual purpose in the story(well okay Tianzi's the empress, I'll give her that).
I suppose the character's designs don't hurt either
I always thought Xingke was more interesting looking than Lulu and I'm a fan of white haired anime girls^^
Old 2009-02-02, 17:10   Link #1529
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post

Hmm, to be honest, i never liked that pairing. Or to be more accurate, i never gave a rat's ass for it//did not care.
I did mind though, that X+T got more screentime than "allowed" to, considering nothing major happened to justify the hell of screentime they were given. {unless if it was about Xing-ke in the end, being Schneizel's dog basically for Tianzi}
You ask me, i'd prefer for the wasted extra screentime those two got, to get invested somewhere else. {hint, hint |DD;;}
eh, each to their own. thanks for sharing your opinion^^ "elsewhere" huh?

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
Old 2009-02-02, 17:15   Link #1530
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I look at Xing- ke and Tianzi as a big brother and little sister or Xing-ke just as her guardian in the future(if he's alive). Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2009-02-02 at 17:25.
Old 2009-02-02, 17:16   Link #1531
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:

lol XD well, at the time, it was OT from the conversation everyone else was having.

I thought that whole scene with the pinky promise was just really sweet, and like you said, the whole "devotion" bit gets to me. Its just really sweet. And I know what you mean, they do seem kinda "pure" in comparison to others backgrounds. And those who say that the pairing is "wrong", I dont think Im doing it justice with my wording. XD Its very innocent, more platonic like Levy says. not what others may be thinking....XD

but, if you really dont like it and think its wrong, thats fine too^^

Old 2009-02-02, 17:18   Link #1532
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginran View Post
eh, each to their own. thanks for sharing your opinion^^ "elsewhere" huh?

I did not make an aggressive post now did i? |DD;;

I just would prefer the time that was "wasted" when it came to them, to get spend somewhere else, something ++major that has actual impact and relevance to the plot. {for example, expand C.C's role in R2 or something, not necessarily about another couple}

Oh well, maybe it was because Xing-Ke captured Kallen {shallow, i am shallow lol} and i kinda hated him for this. xD
But srsly, yeah, to each his own. Some people actually like it, so serves them well. {it just does not serve me, but ok, you can't have everything in fiction, now can you? 8D}
Old 2009-02-02, 17:24   Link #1533
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
I always thought Xingke x Tianzi was cute....not more and not less

The good thing is that there wasn't anything sexual (yet) since Tianzi is actually still a child; so no loli stuff or whatever, but loyalty and mutual liking (which could grow into love later on).

Otherwise there isn't really much else to say because they are really minor characters and barely have an actual purpose in the story(well okay Tianzi's the empress, I'll give her that).
I suppose the character's designs don't hurt either
I always thought Xingke was more interesting looking than Lulu and I'm a fan of white haired anime girls^^
Quote:

not that he has non-consensual sex with her or anything, it's more something that was completely platonic at start and seems to be bound to change as she turns from a child into a young woman.
Levy and Avira explained it well here. The whole part of Tianzi being a young child would normally make the relationship seem wrong. But their relationship is entirely innocent atm. The potential for a more mature relationship down the line is there, but that isnt how it is now. There are many different types of love out there, doesnt always have to be "that kind" of love.

Old 2009-02-02, 17:31   Link #1534
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
The problem is:

For japan ideology, "lolicon" is a little normal thing, for Italy, Europe, etc...is paedophilia.

I remember a comic where Odysseus was caught for paedophilia cause that sort of arranged marriage with Tianzi (she prepared a trap and Diethard recorded everything with the camera).
Old 2009-02-02, 17:33   Link #1535
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post

I did not make an aggressive post now did i? |DD;;

I just would prefer the time that was "wasted" when it came to them, to get spend somewhere else, something ++major that has actual impact and relevance to the plot. {for example, expand C.C's role in R2 or something, not necessarily about another couple}

Oh well, maybe it was because Xing-Ke captured Kallen {shallow, i am shallow lol} and i kinda hated him for this. xD
But srsly, yeah, to each his own. Some people actually like it, so serves them well. {it just does not serve me, but ok, you can't have everything in fiction, now can you? 8D}
there wasn't anything aggresive about you're post! no worries~ I understand what you meant, I was just kidding. its all good~

lol, and I dont see that as shallow btw, you just want whats best for a character you really like. I get defense of my faves too, I think we are all guilty of it at some point. no problems

Old 2009-02-03, 14:55   Link #1536
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
The problem is:

For japan ideology, "lolicon" is a little normal thing, for Italy, Europe, etc...is paedophilia.

I remember a comic where Odysseus was caught for paedophilia cause that sort of arranged marriage with Tianzi (she prepared a trap and Diethard recorded everything with the camera).
Oh, you mean this little gem

Spoiler:

High-larious
Old 2009-02-03, 15:01   Link #1537
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Yes, exactly.
Old 2009-02-04, 09:24   Link #1538
rave
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mngafan View Post
One question: how do fans who prefer shirley or kallen to c.c view the part where lelouch says 'she's my...she's my..." and that in episode 24 where they walk towards each other until kallen bursts in? These two scenes made it clear that lelouch had feelings for c.c, romantic ones, in my opinion...

feel free to answer
So you are saying that Lelouch was ready to say that C.C is his lover?Because that was clearly denied in the NT material.And i can't find anything else for that line that link romance to them.Unless you are all taking the commentary on episode 15 of Season 2 about Clulu(lol)being a couple in serious tone,while it is clear it is not the case.
Old 2009-02-04, 22:55   Link #1539
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rave View Post
So you are saying that Lelouch was ready to say that C.C is his lover?Because that was clearly denied in the NT material.And i can't find anything else for that line that link romance to them.Unless you are all taking the commentary on episode 15 of Season 2 about Clulu(lol)being a couple in serious tone,while it is clear it is not the case.
Wait. I thought he was saying that she was important to him. Not in a lover kind of way but as a family kind of way?
Besides, during that time I doubt that he had anything else other than ZR in his mind. The staff was just toying with us at the time and at least they had the decency to admit that they were not in love with each other in the NT materials.
The only confirmed ones are that both Shirley and Kallen are in love with Lelouch, altho ironically they fell for the different personas of Lelouch.
Old 2009-02-04, 23:05   Link #1540
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
Wait. I thought he was saying that she was important to him. Not in a lover kind of way but as a family kind of way?
Besides, during that time I doubt that he had anything else other than ZR in his mind. The staff was just toying with us at the time and at least they had the decency to admit that they were not in love with each other in the NT materials.
The only confirmed ones are that both Shirley and Kallen are in love with Lelouch, altho ironically they fell for the different personas of Lelouch.
Though in the end, they both came to love Lelouch as Lelouch. Without boundaries or masks and personas. They did not care about that.

For C.C deal about episode 15, rave is referring to the the audio commentary of episode, where in-jokes came from the staff members, that teased about Lelouch's shout when C.C. was about to be taken by Charles, was more of a love confession. {i think, right rave? lol}

{where does ZR is relevant to all these though?}
Closed Thread