AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-25, 19:47   Link #1441
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
@MAQI I really hope your prediction comes out true. Inaba needs to be shot, revived poisoned, revived again, skinned and buried alive, revived again a..........lol and I hope Kurono is the one who kicks his ass
^

I so wish Gantz was a weekly manga. The wait kills me! 24 chapters a year is too little and I love Gantz over all the other mangas I read. I hope it does not end any time soon, thought it might by the looks of things. Does anyone think that it's coming to an end?
Old 2009-01-25, 21:26   Link #1442
noktown

Yeah i was thinking that this war might be the final arc,maybe more details will be revealed about Gantz,how does he create those aliens and stuff and for what reason(A human created Ganntz,then for what reason),which will prolly be revealed soon.

But in my opinion in the end
Spoiler for Ending:
Old 2009-01-25, 21:44   Link #1443
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
I so wish Gantz was a weekly manga. The wait kills me! 24 chapters a year is too little and I love Gantz over all the other mangas I read. I hope it does not end any time soon, thought it might by the looks of things. Does anyone think that it's coming to an end?
The same can be said for Berserk lol. I believe Gantz is ending since about a week has passed in the story after the "Catastrophe" countdown was shown. But that makes me wonder if it'll have a tenth anniversary, in which case it'll continue for about another 2 years.
Old 2009-01-25, 22:04   Link #1444
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Yeah i was thinking that this war might be the final arc,maybe more details will be revealed about Gantz,how does he create those aliens and stuff and for what reason(A human created Ganntz,then for what reason),which will prolly be revealed soon.

But in my opinion in the end
Spoiler for Ending:
Yeah I don't thing the second choice will happen either. I am kind of thinking that Gantz will not have a happy ending though. Because it is the only Manga I've read to date (except Berserk) that is this good and different. I expect great things from the end of Gantz I just hope it does not end too soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
The same can be said for Berserk lol. I believe Gantz is ending since about a week has passed in the story after the "Catastrophe" countdown was shown. But that makes me wonder if it'll have a tenth anniversary, in which case it'll continue for about another 2 years.
Why two yars? Is there some sort of Manga "law" that says if you have a 10 year aniversery you can only go on for two more years? If thats true then Berserk must be the exception.

I hope that if it does end, that the last mission that Gantz gives the team is to stop the catastrophe and if they do, then they win their freedom from Gantz forever.
Old 2009-01-25, 22:30   Link #1445
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Why two yars? Is there some sort of Manga "law" that says if you have a 10 year aniversery you can only go on for two more years? If thats true then Berserk must be the exception.
I was trying to say that if it goes on for about another 2 years the manga will have been serialized for 10 years. The manga started serialization in October 2000 (according to Wikipedia) and now it's January 2009. I don't know when Gantz will end, and who knows when Berserk ends (probably close to the mangaka's deathbed).
Old 2009-01-26, 00:23   Link #1446
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I was trying to say that if it goes on for about another 2 years the manga will have been serialized for 10 years. The manga started serialization in October 2000 (according to Wikipedia) and now it's January 2009. I don't know when Gantz will end, and who knows when Berserk ends (probably close to the mangaka's deathbed).
Oh, ok. I got what you meant. As for berserk, It will never end, there will be berserk after the sun turns cold and the universe implodes!!!! I am very happy about that though!
Old 2009-01-26, 03:24   Link #1447
MINAMI KOTARO
what? who am i?

the last time i read gantz is chp 247...haven't read it again since then~
i think i lost the track~
Old 2009-02-01, 03:33   Link #1448
iceyfw

holy ---- man. a mission with other gantz members from all over the world in one place. this is going to be the craziest mission yet. i can see it now. 20+ chapters of this mission coming considering how long the last one took. and even when we finally got some answers about gantz, i don't feel like this manga will end anytime soon within the next 2 years. there are still more grounds to cover

gantz is still one of my favorite mangas to read. the artwork and drawings continue to fascinate me like always. even when i take 3 months off to stop reading it, i get drawn back in right away and more questions keep rising with each chapter. and did tae just became more beautiful in the last few chapters or what? maybe it's the way her lips were drawn or her facial expressions >.>
Old 2009-02-01, 03:41   Link #1449
Dansickle
Needs more T-Pain
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Dansickle
This latest "revelation," although you've been lead to suspect it for a while, is kinda a let down for me. There will need to be an absolutely amazing explanation to explain how and why it came to be.

Now Playing:
Goal Line Blitz, Starcraft (entering iCCup season 9)

(Largely) Retired:
DotA, Madden '09, Super Smash Brothers Melee, Melty Blood, CS1.6, CS:S, Diablo 2, Warcraft III, Guild Wars, DAoC, Warhammer Online, Left4Dead, TF2, Halo 1
Old 2009-02-01, 09:54   Link #1450
xYuki
P.A.N.D.O.R.A
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to xYuki
i hope they are creating some gantz anime because iv seen the manga.. is too long.. they can make it a anime if they want to
Old 2009-02-01, 14:13   Link #1451
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
holy ---- man. a mission with other gantz members from all over the world in one place. this is going to be the craziest mission yet. i can see it now. 20+ chapters of this mission coming considering how long the last one took. and even when we finally got some answers about gantz, i don't feel like this manga will end anytime soon within the next 2 years. there are still more grounds to cover

gantz is still one of my favorite mangas to read. the artwork and drawings continue to fascinate me like always. even when i take 3 months off to stop reading it, i get drawn back in right away and more questions keep rising with each chapter. and did tae just became more beautiful in the last few chapters or what? maybe it's the way her lips were drawn or her facial expressions >.>
I agree with you on the Tae part, he seems to have started drawing her a lottle more sexyer. Not anywhere near Rieka but still an improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYuki View Post
i hope they are creating some gantz anime because iv seen the manga.. is too long.. they can make it a anime if they want to
They have an anime but for some reason some jackass decided they would completely fu@k up the whole story and changed it after everyone got killed by the hundred arms monster. Pissed me off like nothing else that did!
Old 2009-02-02, 00:53   Link #1452
noktown

Yeah i was hoping for a remake,but now i don't think there is going to be 1 :/
Old 2009-02-02, 02:34   Link #1453
xYuki
P.A.N.D.O.R.A
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to xYuki
Quote:
I agree with you on the Tae part, he seems to have started drawing her a lottle more sexyer. Not anywhere near Rieka but still an improvement.

They have an anime but for some reason some jackass decided they would completely fu@k up the whole story and changed it after everyone got killed by the hundred arms monster. Pissed me off like nothing else that did!
yeah the anime of gantz ended when the friends of kurono has been wipe'd out by the DEVA alien
Old 2009-02-05, 16:55   Link #1454
Umaibo

I just read the new chapter. The new aliens are crazy. They broke the gantz sword and there had never been anything the sword cannot cut through before.
Old 2009-02-05, 17:00   Link #1455
Expendable GM Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYuki View Post
yeah the anime of gantz ended when the friends of kurono has been wipe'd out by the DEVA alien
Why were you hoping for an anime if you knew they already had one out?

Anyway whats up with the newest chapter they're fighting angels now?
Old 2009-02-05, 17:47   Link #1456
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i suspect that the final boss in this arc would be none other than
Spoiler for possible candidate:
Old 2009-02-05, 18:28   Link #1457
ellifeedn
Thinker

Spoiler for 291:
Old 2009-02-05, 23:17   Link #1458
『 RESET 』
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to TOP Send a message via MSN to TOP
Swords can't cut through the angels? wat

Inaba going to die? Hooray if he does (:
Old 2009-02-06, 07:30   Link #1459
Dark Mage

bless you ellieedn for giving such a good news. His death has been a long time come. He should have been dead ages before but I cant shake off the feeling that the mangaka wants stupid Inaba to play an important part in the coming arc as he didnt kill off this character when he was litteraly useless and a burden to the whole team;. So I hope you are sure that I naba is indeed dead because his death is the most joyous occasion for me but who knows Rika just might fall for that d**khead and revive him which would really piss me off to think that such a worthless guy can take Kurono's place in her heart
Old 2009-02-06, 10:26   Link #1460
kakakka

Inaba's role is to tell the weak side of the characters. Their doubts, fears and frustrations about the "game". He's like the opposite of Kurono. It adds something/different view to look for in the story.
Closed Thread