AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-07, 12:24   Link #401
Vinak
Procrastinator

its hard to determine what would happen to Racilia. the AB she is absorbing is nothing but a empty husk after all. her sister "died" but her body is still alive. so her personality could potentially be the same as it was before.

the AB flesh placed inside of a Zac had been killed by Alicia. Are their any differences between absorbing live AB flesh from having dead flesh implanted into you? we'll have to wait and see to find that out.

Racilia can go into any direction really.

I would like to see her maintain her personality but have deep regrets of killing her sister. I just feel it would be an awful waste of a character if her personality and memories were completely erased. Or she was somehow altered into something else entirely without a shred of her former self.

whatever happens to her, she is bound to rival Priscilla in strength
Old 2009-02-07, 12:32   Link #402
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
its hard to determine what would happen to Racilia. the AB she is absorbing is nothing but a empty husk after all. her sister "died" but her body is still alive. so her personality could potentially be the same as it was before.

the AB flesh placed inside of a Zac had been killed by Alicia. Are their any differences between absorbing live AB flesh from having dead flesh implanted into you? we'll have to wait and see to find that out.

I would like to see her maintain her personality but have deep regrets of killing her sister. I just feel it would be an awful waste of a character if her personality and memories were completely erased. Or she was somehow altered into something else entirely without a shred of her former self.

Interesting. If flesh is implanted, then some original organs might be removed, but if its absorbed then there has to be a merger. But it's hard for me to see how she is going to control all that yoki. Its hard for normal Claymores to control their yoki, adding more can only make things harder.
Old 2009-02-07, 13:49   Link #403
Nesty

Wow, one amazing chapter. Tho I doubt Claymore will be losing momentum any time soon, with the new information of the AEs, ppl will want to learn more and see the outcome of this encounter between Esley aand AEs
Old 2009-02-07, 15:21   Link #404
Ryuken
Claymore #01

So they are leaving humans and claymores alone. So they have a craving for awakened flesh. Still they need to be controlled somehow. For example when they are not sent on a mission. They will have to remain dormant, but still I don't think the craving will go away. So, there has to be a way the org is controlling the ZACS. Keeping them satisfied and happy till the time of the mission. I'm very much interested in finding out just how the org is managing to archive this particular goal.
Old 2009-02-07, 15:37   Link #405
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
The org has 11 ponies for them to ride.
Old 2009-02-07, 15:39   Link #406
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
The org has 11 ponies for them to ride.
Ha!, that's a good one @G.
Old 2009-02-07, 16:06   Link #407
Stahlwolf
Doujinshi Traffiker

Location: The Drought-ridden Atlanta fending off water pirates
Send a message via AIM to Stahlwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post

Hmm-

That would be hard to determine if Luciela did actually die. Rene did say that she felt the fusion of two minds while probing the sleeping Raceila.

Perhaps Raciela will have BOTH personalities.... Just not at the same time.
The "timid" and not very angry Rafaela could be the human part of the two. And, perhaps when she does get angry, turn into Luciela in her AB form.
Sorta like the Hulk Syndrome. However, Luciela's side of consciousness may be a bit broken up due to her death. So she may act like a child during that time.
And that would be the perfection of the Organization's original plan: to have an AB than can return to its original human form without losing the human consciousness or control.

Interesting possibilities.

-"Luciela SMASH!"
Old 2009-02-07, 16:34   Link #408
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Why not have two personalities present at all time, sometimes talking to each other? Hey you don't usually have to worry until ya start answering back.
Old 2009-02-07, 17:11   Link #409
Supermutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggle wyrm View Post
I honestly don’t think Raki’s armor is made out of Isley’s flesh. Not only would it be kind of gross, but it seems to be made out of metal.

Even if it was made from Isley’s body, I think Raki would just toss it if it attracted the attention of Zombie Amazon Claymore Strippers. Really, it’s not as if he’s not enough of a magnet for the Claymores, Yoma and AB’s already.
I meant that the armour may have his scent.

Anyway, presumably Raki wouldn't ditch that armour until he encountered them and was aware of the danger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta
Why not have two personalities present at all time, sometimes talking to each other?
I think if that was Yagi's attitude, Helen and Deneve would always be the main characters instead of Clare. So don't bet on it.
Old 2009-02-07, 17:12   Link #410
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Or two personalities not fighting for control, because they like each other
You know what? I gave up a long time. For a shonen, powerlevels still don`t make a sense to me. Hell, I don`t even know who`s in charge now. Everything is so "Cold War"

Gentlemen! or ladies... Can you really predict an outcome out of this?
Old 2009-02-07, 17:29   Link #411
wnmnkh
Not that simple.

whoops, already chapter 88? XD
Old 2009-02-07, 17:55   Link #412
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

A character with two personalities, you've already got Clare who'se not sure if she's Teresa half the time. Teresa of the faint smile, and Clare the beserk killing machine. Whenever she approaches a fight she can't decide whether to get angry or calm.

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Old 2009-02-08, 01:19   Link #413
Vulcannis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorX View Post
ok AEs having a handler goes out the window as anything that comes near their heads would be choped of as its been shown with helen trying to do some choppa work on one AE.
What makes you think the Org didn't condition/build them in such a way that they can maintain them? Not doing so is tantamount to sabotaging their own experiment. Though it's lucky for them that they can manage to get meals so easily from Isley, or they'd be withered away like Priscilla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorX View Post
on page 20 Easley is clearly preping to shoot and shoots 16 bolts = 2 per AE so he is clearly trying to kill them but failing and his aim cant be bad as we have seen it in his fight vs luci where his bolts even gain homing and speed would have to considerable.
Perhaps he utilizes the enemy's yoki emissions as a homing beacon. This would explain why only a few opponents had previously dodged them, yet Helen (never the fastest) was able to while suppressed and the ZACS can dodge enough to prevent their heads from being hit.
Old 2009-02-08, 06:01   Link #414
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Speculator View Post
A character with two personalities, you've already got Clare who'se not sure if she's Teresa half the time. Teresa of the faint smile, and Clare the beserk killing machine. Whenever she approaches a fight she can't decide whether to get angry or calm.
If I heard this correct, then I believe that it is actually called split personality or multiple personality disorder. The flashbacks which Clare have during intense fights comprises mainly of her guardian angle, Teresa. And these are the flashbacks that really get her going. She becomes uncontrollably insane. There is no sanity left in her mind, only the thought of defeating the opponent would be bombarding in her mind. I very much think that Teresa takes over when Clare crosses this line.
Old 2009-02-08, 07:02   Link #415
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Hmm... I'm guessing the feeders won't work on Riful since her ribbons are more precise than Easley's attacks.

Really though, Easley shouldn't be having a problem with this. Can't be that difficult to pin them down once their lower halves are gone and they're free floating in the air then bash their brains in. His initial attack also would've given him enough time to finish some of them off to begin with. Seems like the author is trying to kill him off by dumbing him down. If a not so high rank claymore knows how to finish them, he should too. He already fought them before, not that hard to figure out that normal attacks don't work.

He could've also easily transformed his lance into an axe and cut them in two. Seriously...
Old 2009-02-08, 09:08   Link #416
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Nah, the zacs can still defend themselves pretty well, even with their lower halves gone. The could just form a shield out of their neck and head to protect the head, like that one formed a blade out of the same location to cut helen arm off to protect the head. Also the one Isley had pinned down, I think he couldn't do any sudden movements, that trying to attack the head at close range was dangerous for him in the same way that Helen got hurt when she went for the head at close range, so it was better to launch her away at the right moment.
Old 2009-02-08, 12:23   Link #417
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

@Ryuken

Clare's more like a confused Liger that can't decide what hunting method it should be using. Tiger or Lion? She swings between passive calmness and a beserk rage that would have the hulk hiding under the bed and crying for his mother. Whilst calm she can consistently avoid nearly every incoming attack even from someone of Duff's level, when she's beserk she can throw his own pole back in his face with enough force for it to smash his face and knock him over. And that's before she got really angry...

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Old 2009-02-08, 15:50   Link #418
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Speculator View Post
@Ryuken

Clare's more like a confused Liger that can't decide what hunting method it should be using. Tiger or Lion? She swings between passive calmness and a beserk rage that would have the hulk hiding under the bed and crying for his mother. Whilst calm she can consistently avoid nearly every incoming attack even from someone of Duff's level, when she's beserk she can throw his own pole back in his face with enough force for it to smash his face and knock him over. And that's before she got really angry...
Very, very intense is how I would describe it. And it's only partial awakenings. Just imagine when the full thing awakens. Then, and I mean then, all hell would break loose. Makes me wonder how she would do against the ZACS. She would obviously find a loop hole in their defense. Especially the attention that they keep to their necks. Should be very interesting.
Old 2009-02-08, 18:12   Link #419
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Nah, the zacs can still defend themselves pretty well, even with their lower halves gone. The could just form a shield out of their neck and head to protect the head, like that one formed a blade out of the same location to cut helen arm off to protect the head. Also the one Isley had pinned down, I think he couldn't do any sudden movements, that trying to attack the head at close range was dangerous for him in the same way that Helen got hurt when she went for the head at close range, so it was better to launch her away at the right moment.
I think that he simply couldn't do anything than launching the AE away because it clued on the lance and therefore he had no oportunity to attack it directly without damaging himself.
And there is really no reason why he not tried to attack those AE laying on the bottom again with arrows or shoot all his arrows at one AE laying on the bottom together.
Another possibility: In a macabre way he perhaps found out that it is easier to finish them when they are feeding from one of his arms. If he had fought them several times perhaps he killed three of them in that manner.
Old 2009-02-08, 21:25   Link #420
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
I think that he simply couldn't do anything than launching the AE away because it clued on the lance and therefore he had no oportunity to attack it directly without damaging himself.
And there is really no reason why he not tried to attack those AE laying on the bottom again with arrows or shoot all his arrows at one AE laying on the bottom together.
Another possibility: In a macabre way he perhaps found out that it is easier to finish them when they are feeding from one of his arms. If he had fought them several times perhaps he killed three of them in that manner.
If the AE laying the bottom would react to shooting spikes, forming blades, and maybe even blocking the arrow with a shield, then shooting an arrow at close range isn't the best Idea. In fact, now that I think about it Isley using a Lance does make sense. If a short range weapon such as a sword or an axe would cause the ZACS instinctive defenses to go off, and if those defenses prove to be really damaging to Isley, then that is why he doesn't want to use a sword. His lance on the other hand is long enough as to where he could drive it through one of them while remaining at a safe enough distance. As for shooting all his arrows at once, well it is a spread shot, not all arrows at the same spot sort of thing. I do see that he does hit some ZACS with his arrows at long range, but if any of the zacs can dodge those, it is a true testament to their speed: "I see, once you transform your arrows home in on their own accord, and as an extra, power and velocity are in a different league too." -- Luciella, chapter 63, pg 16. Also, remember that we are seeing still frames, we don't know how fast these ZACS regenerate.

Anyway, I think one mystery has been solved: Isley choice of weapon.
Closed Thread