Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-02-08, 19:54   Link #361
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Andrei=failed attempt at being Shinn
Old 2009-02-08, 20:02   Link #362
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Man the sound lag on megavideo is TERRIBLE.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 20:04   Link #363
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
I can see it now...
Andrei is becoming the man he used to hate. Revive should have pointed that out too. lol
I looked back in the episode.
Revive said something along the lines of "You should protect her if she's important to you..."
Lol, if I'm correct, Revive is already hinting it.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 20:06   Link #364
nutype
Future MD

one thing im still wondering...why did soma and setsuna have that newtype moment thing but alleluja didnt? Al isnt newtype anymore??
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 20:06   Link #365
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Andrei=failed attempt at being Shinn
Has it occurred to you that perhaps they weren't even trying to make him "Shinn" in the first place?

Andrei is not a main character and he has received far more and better development than Shinn did in 50 episodes. Trying to compare such a great character like Andrei with Shinn is absurd.
Old 2009-02-08, 20:08   Link #366
Divinegundam

Louise, Saji, Mother, Colonel, Marie, Anew, Veda and Gundam. What a way to end it...i can't believe they were serious with that.

" Yes; I watched Naruto 15 years ago, it was called Dragon Ball Z"

MY AMV of Tieria/Virtue/Nadleeh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTKrCKoohjU
Divinegundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 20:10   Link #367
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
one thing im still wondering...why did soma and setsuna have that newtype moment thing but alleluja didnt? Al isnt newtype anymore??
Didn't he lost his QBW when Hal disappeared in S1?
(Ok, Hal appeared again, but it was because of 00-Raiser Trans-AM)
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 20:12   Link #368
neoeagle

omfg

man last scene just cracked me up.

Setsuna: gundam.

LoL.

P.S

loved the marina scence with kid it was heart warming.
neoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 20:18   Link #369
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumakage View Post
1st time poster long time reader.
I don't know if this has already been mentioned before, but if Marina dies it could explain this. Other then that it was alright eps. Can't wait till this gundam series is over, so they can make a new one, where the main character isn't such an idiot, and the plot of the story isn't dumb like at the end of eps 15.

cheers to all
I actually have a strong urge to want to go from SetsunaxMarina to SetsunaxFeldt
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 20:18   Link #370
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Has it occurred to you that perhaps they weren't even trying to make him "Shinn" in the first place?

Andrei is not a main character and he has received far more and better development than Shinn did in 50 episodes. Trying to compare such a great character like Andrei with Shinn is absurd.
Andrei a great character.....? Wow. That's a first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
I actually have a strong urge to want to go from SetsunaxMarina to SetsunaxFeldt
Uhhh I'm sorry but it's confirmed already: SetsunaxGundam
Old 2009-02-08, 20:25   Link #371
mistasiu

i was thinking, first lockon asked anew "what about your family, you never talk about them" and then Anew went all innovatorish, maybe innovator captured Anew(human) before and then like implanted innovator shit in her lol Cuz remember they said "all innovators are guys, but anew is clearly a girl since she slept with lockon" And Anew can't be a spy(by her own intention) if she's in the ED. Hopefully she doesnt die =/
mistasiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 20:29   Link #372
akumakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
Thats interesting but i gotta ask, why is Setsuna an idiot? Because he's in love with a "GUNDAM"?
I didn't really connect with his character so to say. His logic is of how his actions are just, yet he is using the same tactics as his enemy's. What comes from killing is more killing. I don't see how one can justify CB's way of retaliating(killing) towards their enemy pure, and just. He proclaims to change himself and the world yet he still clings to his previous way of thinking. That is what I don't like about this series.

Don't get me wrong, there are elements in the show that far surpasses previous gundam series imo. Like the political drama presented to us, which so closely ties to our own political turmoil.

I know to some I sound like saji, but I ask you this, do you honestly believe in such a thing as a war to end all wars? conflict will always be with us humans no matter how hard we try to avoid it. There will never be true peace if one side wins over the other, only a false sense of it.
akumakage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 20:33   Link #373
justpassingby

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumakage View Post
I know to some I sound like saji, but I ask you this, do you honestly believe in such a thing as a war to end all wars? conflict will always be with us humans no matter how hard we try to avoid it. There will never be true peace if one side wins over the other, only a false sense of it.
That's what Marina and Graham asked in S1 ep 01 .
No wonder UC is awesome, neverending wars
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 20:38   Link #374
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Thoughts:

* People with names are going to start dropping like flies real soon, and we likely have two, maybe three more big fights left.

* Lyle's proclamation of love is so rare in an anime. It's also so very nice to cut through all the BS and just say it. That said, those two have shot to the top of my "one of these is almost certainly going to die" list. At the very least, CB is going to realize Anew is an Innovator REAL soon, and I'm sure the tension this may cause in the love w/Lyle will be highlit.

* So, Soma's back. I imagine Alleluja is going to somehow "save" her to bring Marie back. Probably prevent her from killing Andrei. Not quite as dramatic as the Soma/Halleluja fighting, one mortally wounding the other, Marie/Alleluja regaining control, tears incident I had hoped for, but any drama between those two is welcome after all these episodes of zero character development for the two of them.

* I'm not sure what to say about Marina. They've put real effort to dive into character this second season, but Marina has largely been left untouched-probably the biggest surprise for me as I had thought she'd play some integral role. Still, it's virtually a given that she isn't killed, and it looks like this is the beginning of Sunrise finally starting whatever role they had had planned for her. So, better late than never I suppose. Edit: Placing bets on Mannequin being the one leading that raid. It occurs to me that they said security forces had been sent to reinforce her-we see security forces here. Why they'd send her to do that type of job is beyond me, but...plot device! She's tolerant enough that it at least gives a plausible excuse that Marina/children aren't going to die in a hail of bullet fire.

* Andrei really is a schmuck. It's difficult to see how, as a member of A-LAWS, he is unaware that it was A-LAWS that shot the Elevator down. One would think a giant space cannon blowing the shit out of it would be difficult to spin. That said, I'm 100% understanding of plot device, so let's let that slide. The only real question is if he manages to redeem himself by the end of the series (I'd say that's almost a given due to Sunrise hopefully not wanting those last moments between father and son to be completely pointless, which sort of sucks as I really dislike him and would much rather see him suffer. A lot. For a long time.)

* Let me join the chorus who found the declarations of what they hold dear hilarious. Who'd have thought "Gundam" could, after all these years, find new life as a one-word running gag.

* So, it seems Setsuna really was shot with pseudo GN particles. God, I love that malicious bastard Ali.

* I believe that's Saji talking with Louise onboard a ship in the preview. Which would insinuate that she ends up on Ptolemias. Whatever. They are both characters I have little empathy for so if their reconciliation is sped up and forced through in one episode to leave more time for other characters' drama-time, than that is a good thing.

* Amusing Ribbons. Very amusing. Letting both Wang and Regene know that he knows they are playing their own games, but that he simply doesn't care. What confidence. Wang is very likely going to die at some point, and I suspect she's got only one role left in the plot, which is to deliver Veda's location to CB. I have higher hopes for Regene. I'm 99% certain the other Innovators think Ribbons (and themselves) are following Aolia's plan. I've got very high hopes that Regene will be the catalyst to waking up the Innovators to the truth that they are being manipulated by Ribbons just as well as they are manipulating the Federation.

I almost want to take a break from Gundam and wait till the season is over at this point, as I suspect it'll be cliff-hanger after cliff-hanger from here on forth.

Anyways, here's to another good episode in one of the best iterations of Gundam to date!

Last edited by creb; 2009-02-08 at 20:49.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 20:42   Link #375
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

anew remind me of Steyr/Stea (peacemaker from scrapped princess), and she seems to have her memories locked up, hmm...

p.s. lol at the end

p.s.s. they are not gonna kill marina this early right
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 20:47   Link #376
justpassingby

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
p.s.s. they are not gonna kill marina this early right
maybe Neena will appear from out of nowhere and save Katharon. Just hope she will not think there is a wedding inside the house
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 20:48   Link #377
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Andrei a great character.....? Wow. That's a first.
The guys putting this series together went to great lengths to show Andrei's terrible childhood, and they justified his actions and flawed judgment pretty well with that. Yeah he killed his own father, who was a character we all liked but it's not like that came out of left field and was totally out of character for him. He acted irrationally but in his own mind that was rational based on his upbringing. THAT is what makes him a good character, you understand his background and you feel sorry for the guy. But hey, who says we can't be childish and just mindlessly hate on him because he killed a kewl character?

Seriously this Andrei hate is downright retarded at this point. Nena does worse shit (i.e murders dozens of innocent civilians), and there isn't even any explanation as to why she randomly kills people but people think that is fine and praise her "killing for the lolz" attitude. Her sole purpose in the show is to bounce her massive tits and act "cute"...talk about worthless character.
Old 2009-02-08, 20:50   Link #378
Funkatron
Highly irregular

I think Hal may play a role in bringing Marie back.

Obviously, Soma is back as a mechanism for Marie to deal with the loss of Kuma Taisan. If Somarie is all "RAWR ALAWS SUXXORS PEW PEW!", she doesn't have to grieve. Al is just too timid to knock her back into reality. I felt sorry for him when he did not one but two "wakata"; he basically just gave up. Hal needs to show up and knock some sense into the girl and fast, before she gets herself killed.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 21:01   Link #379
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
* Andrei really is a schmuck. It's difficult to see how, as a member of A-LAWS, he is unaware that it was A-LAWS that shot the Elevator down. One would think a giant space cannon blowing the shit out of it would be difficult to spin. That said, I'm 100% understanding of plot device, so let's let that slide. The only real question is if he manages to redeem himself by the end of the series (I'd say that's almost a given due to Sunrise hopefully not wanting those last moments between father and son to be completely pointless, which sort of sucks as I really dislike him and would much rather see him suffer. A lot. For a long time.)
*sigh* Andrei is a low ranking officer, his rank allows him to pilot mobile suits and now lead a squad, that's it. Information on memento mori is simply outside his pay grade.
Old 2009-02-08, 21:14   Link #380
DensetsuShun
Pew Pew Pew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
The guys putting this series together went to great lengths to show Andrei's terrible childhood, and they justified his actions and flawed judgment pretty well with that. Yeah he killed his own father, who was a character we all liked but it's not like that came out of left field and was totally out of character for him. He acted irrationally but in his own mind that was rational based on his upbringing. THAT is what makes him a good character, you understand his background and you feel sorry for the guy. But hey, who says we can't be childish and just mindlessly hate on him because he killed a kewl character?

Seriously this Andrei hate is downright retarded at this point. Nena does worse shit (i.e murders dozens of innocent civilians), and there isn't even any explanation as to why she randomly kills people but people think that is fine and praise her "killing for the lolz" attitude. Her sole purpose in the show is to bounce her massive tits and act "cute"...talk about worthless character.
I agree. What's with all this childish hate on Andrei? Sure his voice is annoying like fuck, but let's face it, in the few episodes they showcased him on, he got more character development than Ms. I can only say "Setsuna" at the worst times.
That being said, I fully understand Andrei, and while disliking him for patricide(something I am extremely against), I believe he shouldn't die, but live with what he's done.

Although, I am pissed he got to pilot an Ahead, just because he killed the coup heads single-handedly
DensetsuShun is offline   Reply With Quote