AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-08, 14:37   Link #981
Saerianne
*cackle*

Kanon!!! D:
Old 2009-02-08, 15:16   Link #982
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzikalNotes View Post
Thing is, have we even considered if they're just moving back time or moving from one world to the next? If the former is true, then there might be a chance that they were manipulated by her, but if it is the latter, then it's likely that events had changed between worlds.
Sure but if things are too different between worlds due to events that happen pre Oct 4 we have zero chance of solving the mystery. Therefore I think that the priciple of Higurashi is still valid - the different events are different for a reason, the starting conditions are the same or almost the same in every episode. For instance if the worlds are so different, one would think that Ange would not be sick every time and will be present for the family athering at least once in th first three episodes. Or that there will be no typhoon once. The shrine on the small island is, IIRC, always broken so far, etc. So the best way to explain the Shannon discrepancy I noted above is by thinknig it was Beatrice telling the story and lying, giving herself credit for Shannon's love affair with George. And let's not forget their relationship is very much alive and kicking in ep.1 in which Shannon thinks she has never ever seen Beatrice, so even if Beato can make such things come true, I have major doubts that she did it in this case. It could be one of her unnecessary moves which are apparently her trademark.

Old 2009-02-08, 16:37   Link #983
musouka

Personally, I'd look at it more as the stories evolving than being in separate universes. Rather, they tend to build on one another even if they're not directly connected. This is most obvious in the romantic relationships and characterization. For example, the scene between Kanon and Jessica in ch3 doesn't make much sense without the build up from the previous chapters.
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2009-02-08, 17:33   Link #984
Kamel

I think it is the same way as with Higurashi kai in which while no memory was retained characters did grow from their privious experences.
As for the Beatrice and Shanon in the episode 2 the tips describing the bracelet or whatever it was that was supposed to grant her wish practically stated that the more effective its charm was the less it was actually needed in the first place.
Old 2009-02-08, 20:29   Link #985
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

So it's basically a magic feather, right?

I don't even know what "The magic was inside you all along" would mean in an Umineko context, though...
Old 2009-02-08, 20:52   Link #986
Haruyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
So it's basically a magic feather, right?

I don't even know what "The magic was inside you all along" would mean in an Umineko context, though...
Hmm...maybe the magic grows inside the characters? I mean, in EP1 Kanon uses a cleaver to fight the culprit in the boiler room, but from EP2 onwards he uses magic. Same with Shannon.
Old 2009-02-08, 23:25   Link #987
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyan View Post
Hmm...maybe the magic grows inside the characters? I mean, in EP1 Kanon uses a cleaver to fight the culprit in the boiler room, but from EP2 onwards he uses magic. Same with Shannon.
I believe the reason of why Kanon chose to use a cleaver in EP1 was because he was hestitating

In EP2, Beatrice mocked him by saying: "Show us the prove that you are NOT a human!" By this she meant the prove of Kanon able to use magic
So in a way, Kanon was trying to avoid being considered as a furniture

However, anyone noticed that Kanon and Shannon's personality kinda got switched in EP3? Shannon was trying to persuade Kanon that they can turn to human beings in EP2, but Kanon was the one who actually stood up against Beatrice in EP3
Old 2009-02-09, 11:39   Link #988
maximilianjenus
[E]

It would be pretty interesting if beatrice's death by rosa was only true in the banquet arc and by not having a beatrice the killings get as messed up as they got with eva-beatrice. One thing that supports it is the "there are no more than 18 persons on THIS rokkenjima".
Old 2009-02-09, 12:57   Link #989
Haruyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
It would be pretty interesting if beatrice's death by rosa was only true in the banquet arc and by not having a beatrice the killings get as messed up as they got with eva-beatrice. One thing that supports it is the "there are no more than 18 persons on THIS rokkenjima".
We don't know if Rosa remembers meeting Beatrice in every episode. If she only remembers it the 3rd, that means that Beatrice
Spoiler:

But idk, Rosa might have still met her regardless....

Quote:
In EP2, Beatrice mocked him by saying: "Show us the prove that you are NOT a human!" By this she meant the prove of Kanon able to use magic
How does that proof that Kanon isn't human? Beatrice is (supposedly) human, yet she is able to use magic, later on other human characters also use magic. In EP2 Shanon uses magic yet claims she's not furniture anymore.
Old 2009-02-09, 15:02   Link #990
Twarz

I just finished Ep3 and wanted to share some thoughts.

Spoiler:

I don't really expect answers. Just wanted to share what I felt. Oh, and if any of these questions are answered in ep4, please refrain from posting them even in spoilers, 'cause I know I won't be able not to look D:

And please accept all my apologies if any answers were given beforehand, but I didn't felt like browsing fifty pages to look for a particular sentence :P
Old 2009-02-09, 17:49   Link #991
MuzikalNotes
Amry-chan, mii~

Quote:
How does that proof that Kanon isn't human? Beatrice is (supposedly) human, yet she is able to use magic, later on other human characters also use magic. In EP2 Shanon uses magic yet claims she's not furniture anymore.
I think what he meant was that Beatrice was mocking him for being furniture, and tells him to use his magic to prove he isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twarz View Post
I just finished Ep3 and wanted to share some thoughts.

Spoiler:

I don't really expect answers. Just wanted to share what I felt. Oh, and if any of these questions are answered in ep4, please refrain from posting them even in spoilers, 'cause I know I won't be able not to look D:

And please accept all my apologies if any answers were given beforehand, but I didn't felt like browsing fifty pages to look for a particular sentence :P
Spoiler for Episode 3:
Old 2009-02-10, 16:44   Link #992
Matrim

Spoiler for ep.3, reply to Twarz:

On a not too related note, I have an idea about Happy Halloween murders in ep.2. I suspect that the reason why this happens in ep.2 is very simple - in ep.2 Maria and Rosa have a breakfast in coffee shop which is coloured in preparation for Halloween in orange and so on. This inspires Maria to whine about Halloween candy which in the end she gets. She shows it to everyone before they board the plane. Anyway, the point is Rosa probably picked another place for the two of them to have breakfast in the other episodes, so whoever is the killer did not get inspired by Halloween. After all, the story takes place almost a month before Halloween. Too bad this doesn't really help us narrow the suspects much. Rosa is obviously enough the prime suspect but others could have done it too, either to please Maria who is probably someone's accomplice, or simply for the creepiness factor. Maria's candy just served as an incentive to the murderer to get more creative, I reckon.

Old 2009-02-11, 13:39   Link #993
Haruyan

I have a small theory, but it's not very solid so feel free to shoot it down.

Spoiler for Of Eva and Eva-Beatrice:
Old 2009-02-11, 14:31   Link #994
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Send a message via MSN to kiki_natsumi-chan
Quote:

I thought that...
Spoiler for Episode 3:
Old 2009-02-11, 14:42   Link #995
Haruyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki_natsumi-chan View Post
I thought that...
Spoiler for Episode 3:
Yeah, you're right. But still, if Eva is hallucinating due to her fever and has a bi-polar disorder (she does seem to go between rage and sadness pretty easily in this EP...), it could be probable....And so far it hasn't been stated in red that none of the 18 people in Rokkenjima is sick (mental or otherwise).
Old 2009-02-11, 15:47   Link #996
Mercurius

Quote:

Spoiler for Ep. 3 Eva:
Old 2009-02-11, 15:55   Link #997
Haruyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
Spoiler for Ep. 3 Eva:
So you're saying Battler hallucinated all or part of the EP? That's an interesting theory, although I still believe that Eva was partly the culprit. The emptiness in her eyes could be interpreted as madness, her eyes had no shine to them, while L5's have a white shine to them, even if they don't have a pupil.
Old 2009-02-11, 16:48   Link #998
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Send a message via MSN to kiki_natsumi-chan
Quote:
So you're saying Battler hallucinated all or part of the EP? That's an interesting theory, although I still believe that Eva was partly the culprit. The emptiness in her eyes could be interpreted as madness, her eyes had no shine to them, while L5's have a white shine to them, even if they don't have a pupil.
That's not always the case...

But then how can you explain his death? He was found dead right?
Old 2009-02-11, 17:41   Link #999
Haruyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki_natsumi-chan View Post
That's not always the case...

But then how can you explain his death? He was found dead right?
The end credits say that Battler died in the 9th Twilight, so he was definitely killed. By what we're shown in the game he was killed by Eva, but if he was hallucinating then it could've been some one else, probably the real culprit; that is, if Eva was framed and someone else committed the murders.
Old 2009-02-11, 18:30   Link #1000
Matrim

Spoiler for ep.3:

Closed Thread