AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-05-30, 02:20   Link #41
Jenichan
私のシモベ!

Send a message via AIM to Jenichan
I like Usher ok, he's pretty good (definetly a good dancer). I like some of his songs, but as for something new, he's been around for several years now, so that's not exactly new.
My general concensus is that most anime fans don't like rap/r&b/hip hop, I'm not sure why it is, but it seems to be the case. Which would explain a lot of the negative comments in this thread..
Jenichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 05:19   Link #42
Wucherkater
"Have you mooed today?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenichan
My general concensus is that most anime fans don't like rap/r&b/hip hop, I'm not sure why it is, but it seems to be the case. Which would explain a lot of the negative comments in this thread..
Is it a problem when you don't like rap/r&b/hip hop? I think it's better when you listen to the music you like and not to the music everybody listens to .

I don't like rap/r&b/hip hop... I listen to chillout/house/trance and jpop because I like the music ^^
Wucherkater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 16:20   Link #43
Jenichan
私のシモベ!

Send a message via AIM to Jenichan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wucherkater
Is it a problem when you don't like rap/r&b/hip hop? I think it's better when you listen to the music you like and not to the music everybody listens to .
Yep! I definetly agree, I just think people shouldn't clump together all of one kind of music together and say "I don't like that". I like all kinds of music and more determine what I like by individual songs, I mean there's some rap that i don't like, some j-pop that i don't like, and some of every kind of music that I just don't like listening to. I can't say there's any kind of music that I just don't like all together (except maybe country, lol, tho I've like a few country songs).
I really don't think there's anything wrong with not liking a kind of music tho, just as long as people are a little more openminded about it. As for my statement above, I was just making an observation, not saying that everyone should like that kind of music.
Jenichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 17:58   Link #44
mah_damey

its juss that once people hear about a black singer, people automatically think hes some rapper and, if they dont like rap, theyre gonna think he sucks.
mah_damey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 18:03   Link #45
Jaz
omgwtf?!

Send a message via MSN to Jaz
Usher SUCKS... nothing more, and a whole lot less...
Jaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 18:20   Link #46
mah_damey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz
Usher SUCKS... nothing more, and a whole lot less...
your just a hater, prolly never even heard any of his songs.
Old 2004-05-30, 19:19   Link #47
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Usher is doing pretty well on Finnish charts, but I just can't stand his music. Just his voice annoys me (a lot).
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 02:12   Link #48
junko
model bliss

Well, I like his voice. But his songs annoy me to no end. It just reeks of the whole BoyBand/R&B/SappHappy trip that seems to be going around these days. Give me Sneaker Pimps, or Nirvana, and I'm happy.

mah_damey: A lot of people in this forum have English as a second language. Please, think of them when you post. Just a suggestion.
junko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 02:40   Link #49
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah_damey
Can you tell me the song, cause i dont remember that at all, less your juss one of those haters mentioned above. plz yall, dont hate, where is the love (thats a good song too).
the latest one that is all over the radio is the one i'm refering to, it is called "Burn" i think... he just bitches for 2 minutes about how much it hurts to break up with some girl.
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 02:57   Link #50
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
Hip-hop/rap is cool, but most R&B bores me... and it's always about the same stuff.
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 06:01   Link #51
Wucherkater
"Have you mooed today?"

Quote:
its juss that once people hear about a black singer, people automatically think hes some rapper and, if they dont like rap, theyre gonna think he sucks.
Again: Is something wrong with that? It is my decision what I like... I think it is wrong to say I like the music because everybody likes the music... You don't have to blame other people just because they can think on their own!
Old 2004-05-31, 13:20   Link #52
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
I like Usher pretty much, if it wasn't for my military service I would definetly go to his concert here in Stockholm on the 8th of June.
BME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 20:04   Link #53
mah_damey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wucherkater
Again: Is something wrong with that? It is my decision what I like... I think it is wrong to say I like the music because everybody likes the music... You don't have to blame other people just because they can think on their own!
what im saying is that most people who dont kno his music dont really even give him a chance because they might think he's a rapper or something. and yes i thtink there is something wrong with that if you dont like listen to him just because hes black. if you do listen to him and you dont like his stuff then thats fine.
Old 2004-05-31, 21:38   Link #54
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
what im saying is that most people who dont kno his music dont really even give him a chance because they might think he's a rapper or something. and yes i thtink there is something wrong with that if you dont like listen to him just because hes black. if you do listen to him and you dont like his stuff then thats fine.
Might be a tad early to play the race card and assume he's being stereotyped (well because of race anyways). I've always considered the man a rapper just because of his song material (though he is technically not). As you may remember you were trying to introduce him to those that don't know him so they wouldn't even know he was black prior to you posting that pic of him and may have just assumed from others or possibly his clothing in that pic that he was a rapper. (heck even my lame joke about his lyrics could have caused that) There are plenty of reasons people might have assumed him to be a rapper other than race, so take it easy on the race card.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-01, 03:36   Link #55
Wucherkater
"Have you mooed today?"

Did somebody say "I don't listen to his music because he is black."?
For example I didn't know that he is black and I don't care about it... I just don't like his music.

It's nice when you want to introduce someone but then you have to accept it when we don't like him, it is not a crime to say that
You react like we are destroying your ego or something like that...
Old 2004-06-01, 05:25   Link #56
Rhia
shush! I was only helping

Quote:
up till about a week ago i learned that not everyone here lives in america like i do ( i kno stupid me). i juss wanted to kno if yall knew of the greatness that is usher. i juss bought his new cd "confessions" and juss wanted to kno if any of yall had heard of him?

Imean who doesnt know about usher :P which song do u like best if this hasnt already been asked???

And i cant remember who said it but i dont think that its true that most people just assume its rap, well definatly not where i live.. I mean where i live black people listen to rock, white people listen to rap, colour just dont really come into it...

Last edited by Rhia; 2004-06-02 at 05:46.
Rhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-01, 05:34   Link #57
DistortedRealmS

Send a message via MSN to DistortedRealmS
Not terrible like some others but still hopefully that style goes the way of disco soon like its destined to or I am going to crazy...so...repetitive...uuugh
DistortedRealmS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-01, 12:19   Link #58
mah_damey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhia
Imean who doesnt know about usher :P which song do u like best if this already been asked???
my favorite is probably confessions part II or, if i can choose from all his songs, you remind me.
Old 2004-06-02, 00:32   Link #59
method

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistortedRealmS
Not terrible like some others but still hopefully that style goes the way of disco soon like its destined to or I am going to crazy...so...repetitive...uuugh

Well rap has been around for 20 years, and I don't see it going it anywhere soon.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 05:44   Link #60
Rhia
shush! I was only helping

Quote:
my favorite is probably confessions part II or, if i can choose from all his songs, you remind me.
I like em all...But if i HAVE to pick i guess it'd be nice and slow or you make me wanna...
Rhia is offline   Reply With Quote