AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-31, 16:48   Link #1
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

The Perfect Stalemate --

Goodaaaayyyy all.

Anyway. Im sure im not the only one who has had this thought ... Many of the fights in the Naruto series are decided much of the time by the not neccesarily the skill levels, but also how well the two opponents bloodlines/jutsus/skills etc cancel each other out.

Take the Chuunin exam for example. In the tournament, I think some of the people who got eliminated and some who made it to the end, did so based partly on skill and partly on who they were facing.

Ill leave the other examples to anyone who wants to tackle them but this is the one I had in mind.

Gaara vs Neji
Note: (Theres a "Gaara vs Neji: Who has a better absolute defence" Poll, somwehre but that is not what I am asking at all. Also the tone of the thread is completely different so I decided to start a new one that dealt with I was specifically asking)

Setting:-- Chuunin tournament Ring.
Consequence of setting?-- Gaara cannot transform when being supervised by Jounins.

Imagine that Gaara and Neji had come up as opponents. I believe a match between these two would have been an extremely intersting one. The reason being that it would turn into a perfect stalemate.

Lets look at Gaara first. He has a nearly absolute defence of sand that is constatly blocking and shielding him from all forms of physical attacks.

The only person able to break down this defence is one who has an extremely powerful concetrated attack such as chidori or one who moves so fast that the sand barrier is unable to keep up.

Unfortunately Neji has none of these. His main offence is his is is his gentle fist style which makes him very hard to fight in hand to hand combat. He also has some nice situational moves like the 64 hands etc. But he has no power move like the chidori, nor does he posess the type of foot speed needed to break down gaara's defence.

When faced by Gaara, Neji would be helpless. He would have absolutely no way to lay a finger on Gaara.

No lets look at it from Neji's side. He has the Byakuggan which more or less allows him to see chakra whether it be hidden or exposed. On top of that he posesses nearly perfect 360 degree vision. Further more he is able to ward off powerful or ranged attacks using his Kaiten.

Gaara when not in his transformed state relies on his sand for his offense. Whether it be a direct launch or a sneaky sand attack, Gaara tries to get a hold of or injure opponents with his shifty sand. But I think it is to safe to say this would be utterly useless against Neji.
On top of the fact that Neji has nearly pefect 360 degree vision, there is also the fact that he can clearly see the chakra infused sand at all times (Gaara manipulates the sand using his chakra). Gaara might as well try to be sneaking up on Neji using Neon bulbs. There is no way at all to hit Neji or get a hold of him with the sand. On top of that Gaara cannot launch sand projectiles or anything like that because Kaiten will easily block it.

It seems here that Gaara too would be helpless. He would also have no way of laying a finger on his opponent.

So now i ask you this. If Gaara and Neji had been matched to fight in the Chuunin exam. What would have happened? Who would have won? Its not enough to just say who you think you have won, Please explain to me why you think so, and what your chosen victor would have done to achieve victory.
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 17:01   Link #2
katon
Some random dude

Interesting. I have a question though. Neji uses his chakra for his Kaiten right? Afterall, he's spinning really fast, and the chakra is coming out of his chakra holes, so would he run out of chakra? And Gaara, he uses his own chakra to muniplate the sand, so who will run out of chakra first? Btw, does it take that much of Gaara's chakra to use his sand? I guess these are some points to consider. Sorry for not answering your question directly. I'm like answering a quetion by asking more questions, heh.
katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 17:03   Link #3
Late
Peelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Consequence of setting?-- Gaara cannot transform when being supervised by Jounins.
Why not? Sands first plan was Gaara transforming in front of everyone when they would give the signal. This didn't happen 'cause Gaara tried to transform too early and got wounded.
Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 17:07   Link #4
SnowBoarder

No doubt that gaara would win, if gaara kept attacking with his sand continously then he would easily beat neji, neji cant keep spinning around, and around, and around forever, and even if he did he would run out of chakra and probobly faint way before gaara would. And if neji kept continously attacking, he still couldnt get through gaara cause the sand automatically protects him forever, even agaisnt his will.
SnowBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 17:08   Link #5
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late
Why not? Sands first plan was Gaara transforming in front of everyone when they would give the signal. This didn't happen 'cause Gaara tried to transform too early and got wounded.
What I meant was not literally "He cant transform in front of Jounin's"
What I meant to say was that he cannot use transformation as a factor in the fight because he will immidietly be stopped if he tries.
Old 2004-05-31, 17:11   Link #6
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBoarder
No doubt that gaara would win, if gaara kept attacking with his sand continously then he would easily beat neji, neji cant keep spinning around, and around, and around forever, and even if he did he would run out of chakra and probobly faint way before gaara would. And if neji kept continously attacking, he still couldnt get through gaara cause the sand automatically protects him forever, even agaisnt his will.
Neji would only use Kaiten (spinning around technique) when Gaara launches a very powerful move. Other than that, as I said he would easily avoid Gaara sand because he has nearly 360 degree vision and his Byakkugen makes the chakra infused sand even more "highlighted"

He wouldnt neccessarily run out of chakra first because all hed be doing is hopping out of the way / dodging.

We cannot say what takes more chakra, Neji's Kaiten or Gaara when he uses a particualry powerful move that forces Neji to use the Kaiten.
Old 2004-05-31, 17:13   Link #7
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
I don't think the sand uses chakra. It protects him wether he wants it to or not.
Just like in the scene where he tried to cut his wrist?
Maybe when he manipulates it for attacks, but I don't think his sand shield uses up much chakra..

.. or maybe I'm just an idiot.. yeah, that's probably it.
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 17:14   Link #8
Shay
Monarch Programmer

I think Gaara would win......because it would all come down to Chakara, what im saying is Neji's attacks would be pointless cause he neither has the speed nor power to even bother Gaara, so all it would be is Gaara throwing desert coffin at him constantly, since we all know his chakara flow would not run out from such a basic sand attack, since, like Naruto, he also has the chakara of a demon inside of him, thus Neji would be using kaiten* and all sorts to avoid Gaara's attacks, also losing stamina from moving around so much.

So..... I conclude Gaara would just stand there and let the sand do all the work for him untill Neji ran out of chakara, and then it would be an early exit out of the anime for the hyuga pridigy.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 17:15   Link #9
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
The only person able to break down this defence is one who has an extremely powerful concetrated attack such as chidori or one who moves so fast that the sand barrier is unable to keep up.

Unfortunately Neji has none of these.
We don't know how fast Neji is... He can be just as fast as Sasuke, or else I don't understand how he was able to beat up Lee all the time. Also, he too was playing with all of Naruto's clones.
Spoiler:
If this is the case, Neji could win.
Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-31, 17:16   Link #10
Coder8
CommanderBunBun

Neji would win. He can send his chakra through things too destroy it. He can probally do the same thing with the sand or just send chakra through the sand and into Gaara himself.
Coder8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 17:23   Link #11
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder8
Neji would win. He can send his chakra through things too destroy it. He can probally do the same thing with the sand or just send chakra through the sand and into Gaara himself.
I diden't expect this thread to have spoilers in.......but come on guys be serious, the only person able to beat Gaara was Naruto and that was only caue of the kyubi chakara, Gaara was no normal gennin, if you could even call him one.

if it wase'nt for Naruto Sasuke would be dead Sakura would be dead, and who knows waht would have happened to the village of konoha? cause Gaara would have eventailly gone bak there and kicked even more ass.

BE REALISTIC PPL GAARA WOULD OWN HIS ASS, HE'S A FREAKING WHITE FACED, KILLS CERTAIN LORDS "BODYGAURDS" FOR FUN, NOT GETTING A SCRATCH ON HIS FACE THROUGH THE WHOLE FORREST OF DEATH, EVIL DEMON MOTHER F****R!
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots

Last edited by shinobi_shay; 2004-05-31 at 17:40.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 17:26   Link #12
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder8
Uh...do you honestly think it's called an absolute defense if a bit of chakra from someone's fingertips can break through it? I mean the damn thing blocked a huge explosion from like 2 feet away leaving gaara undamaged (when yashamaru had all those exploding tags). Chidori was really the only thing that could since it was pretty much a ball of pure chakra. Little zaps of chakra from neji's fingers wouldn't even come close to penetrating the shield of sand.
Old 2004-05-31, 17:29   Link #13
Zek
Eyebrows...

It is possible that Neji could penetrate the sand with chakra,
Spoiler:
We can also assume that Neji is at least close to Lee's weightless speed because he didn't show surprise at all when Lee took them off in the prelims, so we can assume that he's still stronger. And if chakra could cut through the shield of sand, then why not the armor as well? If Neji's chakra could break through Gaara's sand then I think the fight would be his easily, but if not then there's no way he can do any damage and he would definitely be outlasted by Gaara's chakra.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 18:17   Link #14
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
but come on guys be serious, the only person able to beat Gaara was Naruto and that was only caue of the kyubi chakara, Gaara was no normal gennin, if you could even call him one.
Lee very nearly beat him. Sasuke would have definitely beat him if gaara did not start transforming.

In regards to Neji's speed.
No i do not think he as fast as Lee. Neji was beating Lee because Neji he is a deadly guy. He doesnt need speed to do that. Furthermore when Lee was training with Neji, he was using his leg weights.
When Lee had leg weights he couldnt lay a finger on Gaara. Taking the leg weights off made him extremely quick.

I dotn think Neji has the kind of speed Lee had and Sasuke aquired.

Gaara's defence of auto sand uses no chakra. But his offensive moves have to use chakra. And also, I dont know what it would take to make Neji use his Kaiten. Desert coffin he will easily avoid i think. Its those monster sand fists and stuff that hell use Kaiten to fight off. Those monster sand fists probably use a lot of chakra.

Quote:
We can also assume that Neji is at least close to Lee's weightless speed because he didn't show surprise at all when Lee took them off in the prelims, so we can assume that he's still stronger.
That doesnt mean hes faster than Lee. The fact that he didnt show any surprise is obviously because ... well hes Lee's team mate and knows that Lee had weights on, and knows that Lee is really fast without them. The weights were for training, and only come off in dire siutations. Its unlikely Neji has ever fought Lee with the weights off.
Old 2004-05-31, 18:31   Link #15
Nubixkube

I personally don't think this would be a stalemate at all. I don't think we know enough to come to this conclusion yet.

Personally I don't believe Neji's spin, can stop particles of sand. It might beable to stop weapons, fists and kicks, but not particles of sand, eventually some are gonna get through. Also, Neji may be strong enough to punch through Gaara's ultimate defense and still hit his chakra holes (forget the name of them). Seeing since Gaara needs chakra to control the sand, it might be open season for Neji then.

If Gaara transformed, game over for Neji. That is unless Neji can transform into something too.
Nubixkube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 18:57   Link #16
Coder8
CommanderBunBun

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi_shay
I diden't expect this thread to have spoilers in.......but come on guys be serious, the only person able to beat Gaara was Naruto and that was only caue of the kyubi chakara, Gaara was no normal gennin, if you could even call him one.

if it wase'nt for Naruto Sasuke would be dead Sakura would be dead, and who knows waht would have happened to the village of konoha? cause Gaara would have eventailly gone bak there and kicked even more ass.

BE REALISTIC PPL GAARA WOULD OWN HIS ASS, HE'S A FREAKING WHITE FACED, KILLS CERTAIN LORDS "BODYGAURDS" FOR FUN, NOT GETTING A SCRATCH ON HIS FACE THROUGH THE WHOLE FORREST OF DEATH, EVIL DEMON MOTHER F****R!
Wasnt a spoiler. If yous ay what its ABOUT then yes its a spoiler.
Coder8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 19:22   Link #17
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

And...why can't a Gentle Fist break through Gaara's sand?
Youko Recca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 19:35   Link #18
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

Quote:
Lee very nearly beat him. Sasuke would have definitely beat him if gaara did not start transforming.
Thats like saying: Gaare would easily beat up Sasuke if he did not use his chidori.
The sand priest is a part of Gaaras strenght like Chidori is for Sasuke, so you can't take away the most powerfull attack from a guy, and then say that the other part would beat him up.
Anyway, if Neji started to piss Gaara of he would for sure just use his ultimate form and own his ass like nothing. It is noway he can block the attacks from the sand priest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youko Recca
And...why can't a Gentle Fist break through Gaara's sand?
Lees powerfull hits could not break through Gaaras deffence, so he had to rely on the speed. What makes you think the finger hits from Neji could brake through ?
Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 19:50   Link #19
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Sasuke would have definitely beat him if gaara did not start transforming.
Sasuke beat him anyway. Gaara's transformation was cancelled and Temari/Kankuro retreated with him, remember? If the fight hadn't been interrupted there's no way Gaara would have been able to transform in time. It wasn't until the rematch after he transformed that Sasuke lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen
Lees powerfull hits could not break through Gaaras deffence, so he had to rely on the speed. What makes you think the finger hits from Neji could brake through ?
Spoiler:
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 20:38   Link #20
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
Thats like saying: Gaare would easily beat up Sasuke if he did not use his chidori.
The sand priest is a part of Gaaras strenght like Chidori is for Sasuke, so you can't take away the most powerfull attack from a guy, and then say that the other part would beat him up.
You notice that I explictily stated that the setting was the Chuunin exam and the match was between Gaara and Neji. Gaara will not be able to transform when Jounin's and the Hokage are watching. He might try but he will quickly be stopped.

That is what we are discussing. We are discussing if Gaara and Neji fought in "rules" of a chuunin exam. You could say that Summoning Gama is Naruto's greatest skill at that point in the Anime. But if he tried to summon Gama for soemthig like an exam, gama wouldnt answer.

Yes Gaara can transform and woop Neji's ass. But we are talking about if they had met in the chuunin exam.