AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-26, 02:59   Link #641
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

A decent finish of the manga could have been made with any of the girls, they all were interesting possibilities. ... unfortunately after many volumes of just cyclic "musical chairs" and dropping sales, the publishing house dropped the axe -- so the author went with an epilog finish and an interesting choice "first girl, sort of". Whatever...

For me, it pretty much dulled my interest in the "traditional shounen harem romance" genre in manga.
Old 2009-01-26, 03:17   Link #642
MINAMI KOTARO
what? who am i?

eh? i don't get it? please explain it in a more simple way~
Old 2009-01-26, 13:05   Link #643
Mardukkid
Watcher

Hmm that makes sense

Wow Vexx that helps. You're right in that any ending could have been done well with enough time, but as you said the axe was dropped. I didn't know this so it makes sense why the ending would be so rushed as many others have stated, I just didn't know there was a reason. When you think about it that way, Tsukasa just ended up with the last seat when the music finally ended.
Old 2009-01-27, 04:57   Link #644
MINAMI KOTARO
what? who am i?

Thumbs up now i got it

oh...now i get it...yeah its not really the author's fault then.

hm now i think she did a good job by making an unfinished ending like that,
so toujo fans and satsuki fans can imagine their own good possibilities~
i mean, if it was a real life, anything can happen, right?
theres also a possibility that manaka and nishino would break up their relationship once again after the ending.
remember! she was with that chef higure 4 years in france, that could be dangarous because manaka still in japan. and remember! manaka promised toujo and the others that he would make a movie with all of em again!
if all that happen, the battle between aya, satsuki, and nishino would be wage once again. and of course aya and satsuki would be more 'dangerous' than before.
their life ain't stopped just because the manga ended, life goes on, man~
they are still young! still 21 or 22! so, many possibilities can happen!
just like the author's note on the last volume :
"manaka and nishino's future is more suspect. it's hard to succeed in love and its also hard to keep it"
but because of the limited time she just can't draw the continuation, but she encouraged all the fans that all the character would have a great future. i think if she had more time, she would hv drawn the continuation and paired all the girls with someone, so everybody will be happy and theres no more wasted character
Old 2009-02-11, 11:15   Link #645
Nosauz

heres the best idea, ichigo 100% eroge, that would solve all the problems, and F/S N each route is considered canon, and tah dah, everybody is happy, although I still enjoyed the nishino ending, but would have preferred it to have been further developed then just the 3 pages at the end
Old 2009-02-11, 23:08   Link #646
kakakka

I really enjoyed reading the manga, but overall the ending for me is kinda low...

I wanted to see how Minaka grew up and grow some balls to confess to Toujo Aya. However, when the time comes, when he really needs to prove he loves her, he backs away. When he thought Aya has another guy, he backs away and didn't try to take her away nor persuade her. And I find it disappointing. All this time, he was pretty much all over her, and then all of the sudden he backs out. I mean, is his feelings for her just for the sake of nosebleeding? I never thought he'll be so static throughout the series.

And the mangaka saying "They (Nishino and Junpei) might broke up..." I wouldn't be surprised. I've never seen Minaka committed to a single girl in his life/based in the manga. If Nishino is that patient to keep him, they could last, but to say mutual, that's too blurry to say.
Old 2009-02-14, 09:38   Link #647
AyaToujo
Ichigo 100% Forever~

nice to see that the thread is acitive again xP.

now to business.. as u can see im aya's fan, i really dun care bout the ending, what i really hated is the time skip... wow 4years like nothing happend. i read some fanfictions about the time in that 4years were aya n manaka meets and aya and it was really good 1 i hope that mangaka could really do some chapter like that
you can read it here http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3922116/1/Two_Years

also i wanted to see Aya's and other characters from manga's ending. what happend to them in that 4years and what will happen after that 4years..
Old 2009-02-14, 09:44   Link #648
X207
Gamyūsa

i was rooting for satsuki but i like the ending. it did seem that aya would've tried a move in the 4 yrs but atleast he chose one to stay with. this was one of the few manga that i read that the guy chose 1 girl and it was a bit of a surprise. this manga was pretty decent in the end.
Old 2009-02-14, 17:16   Link #649
slidingk1

Ending was a giant epic fail is such a way I set fire to all the manga volumes I had.
Old 2009-02-15, 09:27   Link #650
Shift_

I thought the ending was good personally...there was enough foreshadowing to predict which girl he was going to choose (even during the middle of the series you can see his effort went more to chasing one girl than the other)...although I personally wish the ending felt more developed.

Although I can easily see how the ending fits the characters. 4 years is a very short period of time now that I think about it, when you lead a busy life and your friends lead busy lives it's very easy to not have enough time to see everyone.

Last edited by Shift_; 2009-02-15 at 09:40.
Old 2009-02-15, 11:03   Link #651
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Indeed - Foreshadowing from the very beginning: He was looking for the girl with strawberry panties but fate brought him to Nishino, who coincidently was wearing strawberry panties as well, nevertheless he really liked her (until his indecision screwed up everything).
Talking about his indecision - this annoying trait (making him one of the weakest male leads ever imo) was the reason for the plot to drag on and on. So although in the end i was rooting for Nishino I would have been perfectly fine with an Aya-ending halfway through the story.
Old 2009-02-15, 12:40   Link #652
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_ View Post
I thought the ending was good personally...there was enough foreshadowing to predict which girl he was going to choose (even during the middle of the series you can see his effort went more to chasing one girl than the other)...although I personally wish the ending felt more developed.

Although I can easily see how the ending fits the characters. 4 years is a very short period of time now that I think about it, when you lead a busy life and your friends lead busy lives it's very easy to not have enough time to see everyone.
I actually thought the opposite. Four (wasn't it three?) years is a huge amount of time for a guy just out of high school. I mean...that's 1/4 of his entire lifespan pretty much...and the entire story of the manga only covers around 3-4 years. I suppose it's true that once he got into the real world and started working, those 3-4 years won't be as "busy" as his high school years, but still...

Resolution is one thing, but to believe that he and Nishino managed to preserve any feelings they had for each other over 3 years without having even talked once during that time requires quite leap of faith by the reader...
Old 2009-02-15, 13:28   Link #653
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
I actually thought the opposite. Four (wasn't it three?) years is a huge amount of time for a guy just out of high school. I mean...that's 1/4 of his entire lifespan pretty much...and the entire story of the manga only covers around 3-4 years. I suppose it's true that once he got into the real world and started working, those 3-4 years won't be as "busy" as his high school years, but still...

Resolution is one thing, but to believe that he and Nishino managed to preserve any feelings they had for each other over 3 years without having even talked once during that time requires quite leap of faith by the reader...
i feel since about halfway Nishino was favored by the author...things like his mother thinking they'd get along, the charm, the wish, the effort that he would make to go spend time with her vs the other girls, the straw draw etc...i have to check the books again but i think it was half way through where nishino was favored.

i would assume they talked since he knew her address in france...i know some situations where couples break up and years later they talk again and get together...it shows a very strong bond...but the ending was not developed at all.
Old 2009-02-15, 14:10   Link #654
Fran~
floating away...

Years had past since the end of Ichigo100%... and still people can accept the end?...
What's the big deal if Kawashita favored Nishino?, it's her creation after all and if she in fact did that, it doen't means that the ending was not developed at all.

I liked Toujo A LOT, but as my grandma said: Shrimp that sleeps, the current carries it away.

Bad for Toujo... good for Nishino.

Deal with it...

Last edited by Fran~; 2009-02-15 at 15:56.
Old 2009-02-15, 16:12   Link #655
kakakka

Quote:
Years had past since the end of Ichigo100%... and still people can accept the end?...
You can't assume that people read it the same time you read it...

Quote:
Shrimp that sleeps, the current carries it away.
You're right. Good for Nishino, since she's strong enough for Manaka to go with.
But that's also why I hate Manaka until now. He just goes with the flow.
Old 2009-02-15, 16:18   Link #656
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

Quote:
If someone burns down my house I doubt I will forget or forgive no matter how much time passes. For most of those who aren't nishino fanboys the ending was pure crap, just because a few years have passed doesn't turn pure crap into a pile of gold. I think what most people are really pissed off about was the abrupt and nonsensical way in which the book finished. so many of us enjoyed it and followed along for the ride through all the ups and downs and then the ending just dropped out of the sky from nowhere.
Old 2009-02-15, 16:37   Link #657
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
I think what most people are really pissed off about was the abrupt and nonsensical way in which the book finished.
Lol... life isn't perfect... it's non sense to be pissed off because of that. You can like it or not, that's fine... but to be pissed off because you don't have the end that you want, that's what i think it's pretty pointless.
Old 2009-02-15, 18:30   Link #658
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
What's the big deal if Kawashita favored Nishino?, it's her creation after all and if she in fact did that, it doen't means that the ending was not developed at all.

I liked Toujo A LOT, but as my grandma said: Shrimp that sleeps, the current carries it away.

Bad for Toujo... good for Nishino.

Deal with it...
I just felt the ending was rushed, I like Nishino more she worked the hardest to get him IMO.
Old 2009-02-15, 18:44   Link #659
justavisitor

I read the manga twice, the first as an Aya fans and not knowing the ending in advance...the second time, I tried to read it as a Nishino fans and see if my perspective changes somewhat (towards plot and the girl of the manga), but at the end, I still rooted for Aya (even tho I knew the ending)

I have no problem with the pair, but I have a bit of problem of how the male lead chooses Nishino over Aya
Spoiler for spoiler for manga's plot:

That reason (I acknowledge that this is not the solo reason) is insane

Well, to all Aya's fans, I recommend another manga to you
Spoiler for spoiler for another manga:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-02-15, 18:52   Link #660
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I read the manga twice, the first as an Aya fans and not knowing the ending in advance...the second time, I tried to read it as a Nishino fans and see if my perspective changes somewhat (towards plot and the girl of the manga), but at the end, I still rooted for Aya (even tho I knew the ending)

I have no problem with the pair, but I have a bit of problem of how the male lead chooses Nishino over Aya
Spoiler for spoiler for manga's plot:

That reason (I acknowledge that this is not the solo reason) is insane

Well, to all Aya's fans, I recommend another manga to you
Spoiler for spoiler for another manga:
I'm not quite sure if that was the only reason...since the events after showed it was a deeper meaning...but who knows. That's why I felt it was rushed near the end.

Yes that is a VERY good manga =)
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, perverted, romance, shounen