AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-02-20, 13:35   Link #81
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I've started with seruies cuz all of my friends watching it...So just because to be somewhat up to date about it at first. I found Naruto's character extra annoying and the whole jutsu thing stupid(my opinion hasn't changed:P). But when i started to enjoy it somehow if i ignore theese...So now i'm reading the newest chapter of Naruto every week(but somehow i left alone the anyme nowadays)
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 15:01   Link #82
gotenksuchiha
bringer of doom

ive been watching naruto for some time now, it just grew on me, at 1st naruto was so annoyingm but now, hes actually pretty neat
gotenksuchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 17:42   Link #83
Kishimyu
Inactive Member

i started watching cuz i had nothing betta to do.....but now i been missing the new eps x_x
and i wish i had more time to watch em
Kishimyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 04:46   Link #84
Brandandi
Warrior

It was one of the series available at the library. I didn't think I was going to like it, but it turned out to be pretty good.
Brandandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 11:56   Link #85
Dark Lord
Evil Overlord

Send a message via Yahoo to Dark Lord
I actually started watching it because of a Harry Potter forum. There was a thread that compared villains and someone mentioned this Orochimaru fellow who sounded interesting so I started watching. I absolutely loved it and it was what got me into anime all together.
Dark Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 12:36   Link #86
zaxthezax

I started watching when it aired in my country (germany). I didn't know it was cut down, edited and (ofc. on purpose) wrong dubbed to make it fit for 8 years old children. So i thought it was a shit children anime and stopped watching. But a friend was like wtf about Naruto because he watched subs on the interwebs. So i joined him and was like lol because i was watching a whole different anime than on tv (atleast 80% difference). Now im still on track with the latest episodes..
zaxthezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 00:42   Link #87
kguthrie

I just picked up the first episodes at my public library. I'm planning on watching them this weekend.
kguthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 10:55   Link #88
Blue Armor

I first got into it while i was in iraq a couple of years ago......There was nothing else to do on days off over there. My younger brother told me it was gonna become the next DBZ.
Blue Armor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 23:20   Link #89
LaceNFrills

One of my friends got me into it. I read for about a year then I stopped because I got bored. I just started reading it again after about 3 years or so, when one of my friends sent me the link to the chapters of Itachi's story and I got into it again.
LaceNFrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 20:38   Link #90
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

I started with Shippuden episode 26. I had seen commericals and stuff for the original series on Cartoon Network, but I never watched the show. Later on youtube where they show you what videos people are currently watching, that episode was one of them, and after seeing things about Naruto everywhere, I finally decided to see what all the hype was about. It was absolutely the perfect episode to sell me on the series. It had a very interesting fighting style with the chakra puppets and Sakura and Chiyo's lives were at stake in a way that was edge of your seat anticipation. If I had started anywhere else, I don't think I would've gotten into it. I followed what came after for a few weeks and then I went back and watched the episodes leading up to then.

Since then I've become a fan- at least of Shippuden. The only parts of the original series I've seen are the first episode, two of the movies, the Sannin battle when Naruto first uses the rasengan on Kabuto, Orochimaru vs the Third, and Naruto vs. Sasuke at the waterfall. Oh, and one episode where Jiraiya chases off Itachi and Kisame. He uses the toad stomach thing and Itachi burns through it to escape. Anything else I've seen of the original series is pretty much hit or miss. I think I've mostly seen the important parts without having to suffer through the bad parts that give Naruto its sometimes hated reputation. Also since I never really watched the first series, just those battle episodes, I didn't have to experience "filler hell", so I've been more optimistic when they've had the two filler arcs in Shippuden.

A lot of people who watched it all the way through since the beginning have grown to hate it, which makes me all the more happy that I watched it later. Sometimes it pays not to get in on something when it first comes out and is the hot thing, so you can pick it up sometime down the road and enjoy it with a different experience than the average fan that had to suffer through massively long filler arcs and the like.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 20:37   Link #91
Leode
The Legend

I've watched it since the beginning.

Naruto wasn't that hot when it first came out. In fact, people were saying it was just a DBZ wannabe. I stuck with it because I really liked how Naruto had a 'never give up, never surrender' attitude.

I really began to admire the series when I realized that they were quite willing to kill of characters. After the Zabuza arc, it grew more and more epic... the invasion of Konoha and the fight against Gara was the highlight of the show for me. (I really loved how that happened in the middle of the Ninja Exam arc.)

Odd as it may sound, I even liked the filler arcs. I like how Matsuri is a recurring character even though she came from filler. Isaribi was an awesome character and I wish they would show more of her since she supposedly joined Konoha. Keep in mind that our favorite naruto girl Hinata got to develop her gentle fist style in a filler arc too!
Leode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 23:03   Link #92
GreenLama
Banned

I started watching Naruto on Saturday nights a few months back on Cartoon Network and I liked what I saw so much I began buying the volumes on DVD of the original series. As far as Shippuden goes, I have only seen a few episodes but I am following it now as new episodes come out and I plan on buying all the releases once it gets dubbed and sold in the United States, which I hope is soon.

As far as reading Naruto goes, I just bought volume one this week and plan on reading the manga, which is kind of funny for me because I NEVER have liked manga, but I am giving Naruto a try, we will see how this venture goes.....
GreenLama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 18:51   Link #93
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

My friend back on Xbox Live told me about Naruto. Started reading and watching Naruto ever since.
Old 2009-03-09, 19:04   Link #94
12edward

i was in 5th grade and i was so bored one saturday so i was flipping through the channels and naruto came on and it was like 3 in the afternoon or something like that. so it was a marathon that went all the way through the zabuza arc. after watching the first 2 episode i was liek HOLY S#!+!! it was so cool. thats when i started getting into manga. and 2 weeks after watching the marathon i bought a leaf headband of ebay... you know the rest!!
12edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 20:13   Link #95
AceD
See You En' Tee

someone on a forum for a game i used to play, had an avatar of uchiha sasuke...i asked what it was....thus one day i was bored i watched a few episodes. Started reading because i wanted to know what happend next (emm around Episode 51 of Shippuden i think)

because of that avatar, i now have 1.2tb of anime...weird
AceD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 21:01   Link #96
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

Since the beginning!.I still remember when I bought the first cheap fansub of this.The subs were terrible back in those days. You had to pause every minute to try to understand what the subs were saying.
Old 2009-03-09, 22:09   Link #97
Nobodyman9
Banned

Well, after having become a big fan of One Piece and anime and general, I decided to give Naruto a shot and see what all the fuss was about (this was before the anime was licensed in the U.S.) So I started reading the manga subs online and I thought it was pretty good. I don't think it lived up to the hype, but it was still pretty good. Eventually I got into the swing of it and read all the chapters online, and I've been up to date I think since the Hidan Kakuzu arc.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 11:42   Link #98
x0dus

years ago when the Chuunin exams were first airing

I remember back then some people released episodes as crappy 50mb files

instantly hooked, and followed it until the filler started then I stopped watching it for awhile

then looked online and found out that the actual story continued in the manga so I read all the manga from the start and now I dont really watch anime anymore just follow a few of my favorite manga (Naruto and Ippo)
x0dus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 20:22   Link #99
Im_A_MoP

I started watching/reading about 7 months ago bcuz m dorky cousin was like dewd u gotta see this anime. And im like wtf is anime? and he was like its japanese cartoons. And im like oh....thats g4y. But I watched anyway and its was pretty gud lol. Now im addicted..

Naruto is my anti-drug lmao
Im_A_MoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 17:07   Link #100
Silqthashakka
Riff

It was the summer of 2004. I've always been into DBZ but I was looking for something new. I had been downloading the ninja scroll series from online because I loved the movie. But my best friend told me about this cartoon about these kids in "ninja school". I laughed at it but I decided to give it a chance. The first couple episodes pretty funny and entertaining. So I kept going. Then when they began the Tea Country arc and laid out the whole ninja system, I started to really get interested in what was to come. Then I saw episode 8, where Naruto turned into the suriken. With that, I was hooked. I never looked at Ninja Scroll the series again. It's been 6 years.
Silqthashakka is offline   Reply With Quote