AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-02-17, 20:51   Link #9541
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Gundam 00 is certainly not a train wreck IMO. Sure it has some elements I would have done differently. But so far, I'm enjoying it.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 22:40   Link #9542
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
but yeah, zero discussion value.
Pretty much. Even if the link had information of value, or it expressed points that you wanted to bring up, it'd be much better if you actually posted those points rather than just post a link to someone else's arguments. It'd be even better if you come up with original arguments yourself. Posting stuff to the degree of "Here's what some guy on the internet wrote, what do you think of it?" doesn't accomplish a whole lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Gundam 00 is certainly not a train wreck IMO. Sure it has some elements I would have done differently. But so far, I'm enjoying it.
I have some grave doubts about the show, but I still wouldn't characterize it as a trainwreck. The term has seen so much overuse and etymological mutation that it's all but meaningless nowadays (at least in relation to anime). A more original poster would use different terms to deliver the same message.
Old 2009-02-18, 03:08   Link #9543
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

I think 'trainwreck' nowadays means "Show I don't like".I think a true trainwreck is a show that does not have a redeemable value.
Old 2009-02-18, 03:24   Link #9544
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightlumina View Post
I think 'trainwreck' nowadays means "Show I don't like".I think a true trainwreck is a show that does not have a redeemable value.
No. A trainwreck is something that at its base has the potential to really good, but ends up failing epicly in meeting up with that potential and often times ends up the opposite of what it should be. It's like a locomotive that got knocked off the tracks, hence the use of the term "trainwreck".
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 03:50   Link #9545
Miles Teg

And for me the good definition of Train Wreck should be something like that “Something so horrible or morbidly fascinating that you can’t help but look on in horror and amusement”
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 04:34   Link #9546
Levy
differently sober

..and for me is only the latest fad of the fandom: conventional word used as some sort of badge for people that take amusement in seeing the fandom go all hyper.
" We call this trainwreck because this will raise arguments and bring on the fun! : D "

I can't bring myself to take 'rage posts' and screams of 'trainwreck!!' too seriously... they might be actually funny sometimes... ^^;
also, the fact that some people do not like something doesn't alter the value of the thing itself in anyway, why should we bother?
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 12:17   Link #9547
4Tran

I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about the broken link having no news or discussion value. I guess I'm going to have to clarify: this thread is supposed to discuss NEWS about Gundam 00 from official sources. While a blogger may post occasional news items, that doesn't automatically make everything said blogger posts of news value. As such, I removed the chatter.

I'm also going to let the above posts about the definition of "trainwreck" go. I think that they serve as a good indicator of why the phrase is relatively meaningless.

You may now continue with the regularly scheduled programming.
Old 2009-02-18, 18:42   Link #9548
Nerroth
NePoi!

Does anyone know what, if anything, the text on the CB logo says?

Most of the pics I've seen are to small for the text to be legible...
Old 2009-02-18, 19:22   Link #9549
Wuzz
支点

Reading off a scan from a CD booklet

The Celestial Being are in possession of Mobile Weapon Gun /break/

The Celestial Being are /break/

Mobile Weapon Gundam /break/

Celestial Being are in possession of Mobile Weapon Gundam
Wuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 20:41   Link #9550
Nerroth
NePoi!

Oh, I see.

I was kind of hoping for something a little more poetic, but how and ever...
Old 2009-02-22, 10:20   Link #9551
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
Has anyone else not been that interested in Gundam 00 since season 2 started? I really enjoyed season 1 but season 2 has been kinda meh for me. I've watched every episode so far but the direction things took so far has been interesting but as it goes on I find myself less excited and having less of a desire to watch each new episode. I've ended waiting several weeks before going back and watching episodes as a result. Compared to that with season 1 where I even checked out the raws before the subs were released. It held my attention that much.
HazardNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 10:23   Link #9552
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazardNights View Post
Has anyone else not been that interested in Gundam 00 since season 2 started? I really enjoyed season 1 but season 2 has been kinda meh for me. I've watched every episode so far but the direction things took so far has been interesting but as it goes on I find myself less excited and having less of a desire to watch each new episode. I've ended waiting several weeks before going back and watching episodes as a result. Compared to that with season 1 where I even checked out the raws before the subs were released. It held my attention that much.
Its the reverse for me... Season 1, especially in the middle, completely lost my interest and I stopped watching the raw every morning. The much improved scripts, more likeable characters, and more coherent storyline in S2 has managed to keep my attention thus far.
Old 2009-02-24, 14:07   Link #9553
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

There are only 5 episodes left and I'm wondering how they are gonna wrap things up between Setsuna and Graham and also Setsuna / Tiera and Ali and also Setsuna and Marina :s the fights Setsuna had with Ali and Graham didn't really last long which was a shame.I wonder if Setsuna might end up having to kill Louise too to protect himself or any member of Celestial Being
Old 2009-02-24, 14:17   Link #9554
Seibee
Mwu Fangirl

From Official File 3 and Good Haro:

Quote:
- Bring and Devine are of the same genetic type.
- Veda has been moved somewhere from the dark side of the moon.
- Anew’s consciousness was sealed off at the beginning, she was unaware that she was a spy.
- Ribbons and the others give Louise special treatment because they want to make her humanity’s first Innovator.
- Sergei, Hercules, and Holly were friends when they were in military academy.
Not much we didn't already know, although it's interesting to note that Veda's been shifted from the moonbase to somewhere unspecified. Maybe the icebergs outside Ribbons' window weren't just his pic of the day?

Quote:
- Anew’s consciousness was sealed off at the beginning, she was unaware that she was a spy.
Almost totally vindicated. I feel better now. ^_^
Seibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 14:29   Link #9555
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well maybe any bets on setsuna vs g.m.b./ali/evil amuro yea very 3 on 1 thing if setsuna pull a "cena" moment.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 15:21   Link #9556
C4B0S3

What i conclude on the last episodes is that Setsuna will be an Innovator himself. Not an Innovator from Ribbons Camp, but like Tieria.

Setsuna has those mutative GN Particles in his body, like Louise. While she get her medicaments from Ribbons, which could have the same effect as the GN-Particles from 00, simply because they both havent died yet and Louise is now an Innovator. In episode 19, Ribbons also said, "that a change is going to happen".
It was stated that the Twin Drive System was foresawn by AS and that he also created Ribbons. So it was indeed his Goal to bring Humanity to a new level. Not as insane innovators, but people that can share thoughts and are all connected to a big computer, Veda (like Wikipedia )

I think Ribbons will beat Setsuna in the last episode, but Graham will help setsuna, because he cannot let his "love" die.
C4B0S3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 15:39   Link #9557
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

who knows maybe g.m.b. help setsuna rid evil amuro then setsuna vs g.m.b. one more time?

really like do i've say maybe out of nowhere mom-marina will make a trip to space in any of the final 5 eps?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 15:52   Link #9558
ragux

wow the twin drive convert a human in a imnovator, in the final setsuna will use the twin drive to convert the entire wolrd in imnovators
ragux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 16:51   Link #9559
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

@ seibee um so anew isn't evil? but how did she know what she was doing and revive said to anew do as we planned which suggests that they planned this b4 hand so i an't so sure if anew is 100% innocent ah well it doesn't matter since she is dead carry on lol
Old 2009-02-24, 16:52   Link #9560
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Obviously they planned it, shut her consciousness away and waited for the right time to execute the plan.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers