AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-06, 11:48   Link #781
MINAMI KOTARO
what? who am i?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
It was that he just choose that what irk me. I didn't even saw him work for her. It was only her that work to him. There's no...how can I word it...mutual working(?) to get each other that happened. It felt just like either he chooses her because she's more willing or he chooses her because he doesn't want her hard work go to waste. The story felt like he's the ultimate end goal for the girls instead of him working hard (eventually) to solidify/enhance his position to the girl's heart.

And what I mean is direct, not some flashbacks on how she got attracted to him, or something he did made her all go blushy. All people could do that. Every woman can get attracted by niceness. But to start a relationship and maintain is not all about being nice. It's about how he proved that he is worthy of her.

And maybe that is the whole point of what I hate about the manga. It feels like he is just window shopping for products (girls) that could work for him. Not to show how he worked to earned the money to buy, but how he buys one of the products.
agreed.
that's why i respect amachi more than junpei.
at least amachi tried hard to win a single person's heart.
Old 2009-03-06, 11:53   Link #782
Fran~
floating away...

But that was Obsession... there are limits, Amachi wasnt in love, he was obsessed with Aya.
Old 2009-03-06, 11:57   Link #783
Kikuchi

I finished the manga this morning. I liked the characters, I had a good read, but was ultimately disappointed.

#1 complain would be Junpei ridiculous inability to decide. There were way too many times I went bonkers over his (non-)decisions. He just never learns, even though the whole thing spurs over 3 years.
(I'm not including final chapter Junpei in it, cause he was then exactly what I'd wanted him to be in the 166 previous chapters, in order to justify him being such a girl-magnet)

Then came the moment he decided and my head just went "kaboom". I never really grew to like Tsukasa. Never hated her or anything, but always felt she was kinda out of the picture, appearing only here and there. That's one of the main reasons I didn't really liked how she "won" in the end. Also, I never understood why Junpei kept clinging to her and, more important, why SHE kept clinging to him.

Why all these girls kept clinging to Junpei utterly puzzles me. Except in Aya's case.
I'm NOT a shipper or anything (I read the whole thing in a week and will prolly forget most of it soon, so you won't see me fight any war in here), but I always felt like Junpei and Aya's relationship was the best built one. It just worked, in my eyes.

The number of interruptions/misunderstandings/etc between them was ridiculous.
The final blow to me was when Junpei decided to get back with Tsukasa because he THOUGHT that Aya had someone else. Yeah, I know that's not the only reason and that he actually liked Tsukasa too. But for such a little misunderstanding to become the trigger of what would eventually leads to the ending left me kinda dubitative.

To conclude I'll just say that while I don't like the final pairing, I can somehow understand how it came down to this, looking at the last volumes. But I definitely can't upon thinking of the whole thing.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this.
Old 2009-03-06, 12:36   Link #784
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
But that was Obsession... there are limits, Amachi wasnt in love, he was obsessed with Aya.
At least he made some moves to get to her...
Old 2009-03-06, 12:56   Link #785
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
At least he made some moves to get to her...
Satsuki was like that too to a degree....

Except when a girl does that to a guy (Satsuki->Manaka), most readers consider it funny....

But if Amachi did the same thing to Aya, I bet fans would be crying bloody murder for sexual harassment and rape...

Yay for double standards.
Old 2009-03-06, 13:16   Link #786
Fran~
floating away...

I think the same, that's why i dont like Satsuki pretty much.
Old 2009-03-07, 01:38   Link #787
MINAMI KOTARO
what? who am i?

@Fran~
nothing wrong to be obsessed. it shows that u have a determination to win a single person.
u can't say amachi and satsuki only obesessed and doesn't have love in it, except if u're the mangaka herself.

@kikuchi
i'm ok junpei picked tsukasa in the end.
but at least the mangaka should make a better finish for aya and satsuki.
maybe like misuzu's ending.
Old 2009-03-07, 05:54   Link #788
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

obsession is what they call devotion when it is unwanted. aya didn't want amachi and wasn't vauge about it. junpei is one of the most ambigous character ever in any manga i have ever read sometimes he rebuffed satsuki the next moment he encouraged her. There was no double standard you just have to look at things for what they are.
Old 2009-03-07, 07:19   Link #789
MINAMI KOTARO
what? who am i?

@Mykas:
when i look at ur avatar, hanamichi sakuragi...
it reminds me, sakuragi and amachi have the same problem.
both of them loves a girl who likes someone else. lol
Old 2009-03-07, 08:58   Link #790
Fran~
floating away...

Hanamichi is nothing like Amachi but like Harima Kenji....
Old 2009-03-07, 09:30   Link #791
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I think the same, that's why i dont like Satsuki pretty much.
Satsuki was only good for the fan service I think. By the end of HS she was whoring around with the clubs anyway. But boy, was that fan service good.
Old 2009-03-07, 09:34   Link #792
justavisitor

The male lead in ichigo 100% is really so indecisive

Ppl, if you want to read a manga with strong-willed male lead, in my opinion, suzuka and I''s are great choice, especially I''s
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-03-07, 09:42   Link #793
Fran~
floating away...

I''s is a great one, plus it was a pioneer and Masakasu Katsura knows his job...

About Ichigo100%, don't forget a little detail, the author is female, not male, so the author's POV is always a factor to consider... you must know how women see men (and women), it's different to how men see women (and men)
Old 2009-03-07, 10:03   Link #794
Nosauz

I"s is no where near as good as Maison Ikkoku when it comes to a strong male lead. Check it out if you haven't, I would say easily one of the best.
Old 2009-03-07, 10:11   Link #795
justavisitor

@Fran~
if that male lead is perfect male in terms of woman's point of view, then I don't know what to say XD...does she (the author) think that good man is indecisive or she expects every man is indecisive

But the male lead in I''s is really way better, I strongly recommend to ppl who wants to tear the male lead apart in ichigo 100% to read I''s

@Nosauz
I forgot every detail about Maison Ikkoku (I saw the anime when I was really young), I will probably check the manga out in the future, and thanks for the recommendation
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-03-07, 10:50   Link #796
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I"s is no where near as good as Maison Ikkoku when it comes to a strong male lead. Check it out if you haven't, I would say easily one of the best.
I cant read nothing related to Rumiko Takahashi, i just cant tolerate it... i really dont like her works...

@justavisitor: I didnt say that Junpei is a perfect male, i said that is different the sensibility of Kawashita compared to Katsura. I think that she is trying to show the biggest fail that women say about men: indecision.

Besides, i dont see the point or the reason why the male lead must be "strong".
Old 2009-03-07, 11:09   Link #797
justavisitor

@Fran~

My comment about "perfect male" is just a joke about the author creating this indecisive male lead XD

and male lead does not have to be strong, I just say if ppl have enough of that male lead in ichigo 100%, they can go for I''s for a rather refreshing change
Old 2009-03-07, 11:13   Link #798
Nosauz

i mean of all the male leads I've encountered my favorite is fuguno from Yume de Aetera
Old 2009-03-07, 15:09   Link #799
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
i mean of all the male leads I've encountered my favorite is fuguno from Yume de Aetera
You gotta be kidding. This spineless little... whatever, your opinion
Old 2009-03-07, 20:25   Link #800
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
About Ichigo100%, don't forget a little detail, the author is female, not male, so the author's POV is always a factor to consider... you must know how women see men (and women), it's different to how men see women (and men)

I did not know that. Talk about a surprise. lol.

Tags
drama, perverted, romance, shounen