4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.03%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.03%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-03-08, 04:56   Link #281
Seibee
Mwu Fangirl

XD Finally we have a lolwut episode. I was beginning to think we wouldn't get one.
Seibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 04:59   Link #282
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
of all the gundam's nxt equipment...what about seravee?
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 05:00   Link #283
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Spoiler for Man the shot with Louis is disturbing:
that girl is broken in so many ways and shes only making it worse.

I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes a physco or end up in a mental hospital.
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 05:03   Link #284
Scavenger
スカルリーダー

Send a message via MSN to Scavenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Spoiler for Man the shot with Louis is disturbing:
Ugh.. This should be fixed for the DVD version. She is chubby.

Did the Gundam 00 season 1 DVDs have any redrawn scenes?
Scavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 05:03   Link #285
Zeta Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I'm really wondering what benefit could this possibly have to the overall scheme of things and what does it have to do with anything that has come before it. Are these "the dialogues to come"?
I think you are looking far to much into it.

Ribbons created Innovators, a few gets wiped out, he doesn't care because he has an army of them at his disposal.

I mean that's pretty much it. It's pretty much a show aimed at young, ADHD Teens.

In the overall scope, it doesn't have to have too much relevance.

None of the innovators really have had much relevance from his side maybe except Anew, Regene, and the man himself.

Looking back on a few of the Innovator death's, the show has even gone out of the way to show that the Inovators that have died maybe except for Anew, have been of no consequence. A couple of them were like 1 shotted by Setsuna, and the beat went on. It makes a lot more sense now in hindsight, that none of their death's have been over dramatized.
Zeta Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 05:05   Link #286
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
Ugh.. This should be fixed for the DVD version. She is chubby.
Ah now you killed the mood!
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 05:07   Link #287
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta Gundam View Post
I think you are looking far to much into it.

Ribbons created Innovators, a few gets wiped out, he doesn't care because he has an army of them at his disposal.

I mean that's pretty much it. It's pretty much a show aimed at young, ADHD Teens.

In the overall scope, it doesn't have to have too much relevance.

None of the innovators really have had much relevance from his side maybe except Anew, Regene, and the man himself.
I could come up with better ideas than clone armies, if his going to do that than at least come up with about 100,000 of them so you can get scenes of Setsuna mowing down 100 of them at a time.

I mean what's the point of pretending that the innovators are anything more than jobbers to make the gundam pilots look cool
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 05:09   Link #288
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
By the way, checking on RC it looks like the flower that Feldt gave Setsuna is that flower that he saw in his dream with Marina where Dream Marina said that flowers were starting to grow in Krugis again and that soon he'd be able to lay down his arms. I think there's symbolic meaning in Feldt giving that flower to Setsuna in that it hints at him both being a bringer of renewal and eventually of peace. It also seems to hint that now that he has the flower he'll be able to lay down his arms very soon one way or another.

I guess there still are some ties from this episode back to the first season.

Also I've been to other places and most people seem pretty psyched on this episode and aren't really calling it a trainwreck at all. At least no more or less then usual. The only thing that's changed is I've finally been given a reason to really gripe about something in this show. Maaaaaaaaaaah....I think I can probably live through one trangression like this silly clone twist. Every show gets one....just let this one be the last BS thing that happens please. And no that doesn't mean that I'm letting it slide (this will definitely be coming up in any final season reviews along with the whole Anew subplot I didn't like), just that I will try my hardest to grudgingly live with it.

Praise the lord that I'm capable of taking the bad with good without blowing a gasket or RAEGING out of control, that's all I'll say for now.

Speaking of Anew, does this mean that Ribbons could create another one? Also how can he create a full grown Devine Nova army from scratch? Also if Ribbons is out of commission for now does that mean that Saji could potentially rescue Louise without him intervening? This might be like his only chance to save her.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 05:12   Link #289
Arachne

Quote:
It's just too far fetched at this point
You think it's too far fetched for a guy who created clones to mass produce a specific clone?

/Suicides

I hate the Gundam 00 fanbase.
Arachne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 05:19   Link #290
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
You think it's too far fetched for a guy who created clones to mass produce a specific clone?

/Suicides

I hate the Gundam 00 fanbase.
I'm just searching for a way that he could make that many full grown clones in such a short time and I'm just coming up with nothing. If I get that he's always had them and has been making them for a while I have to ask why he didn't use them before now to take out CB when they were weaker and didn't have Katharon to help them, if I get that he just made them then why are they full grown and how did he get them that quickly. I just cannot reconcile this particular plot twist within the context of the series thus far. I mean did he make them during the time skip and they have an accelerated growth rate in order to reach maturity in 4 months? That's all I've got and it still wouldn't explain why he wouldn't have unleashed them right after 00Bama's declaration if he was that determined to recapture the 00 and be rid of the Gundam Meisters.

Honestly, if anybody has got anything at all that will help me legitimize this twist I WANT to hear it.
Old 2009-03-08, 05:26   Link #291
black_cat1

If I remember right, spoiler said that Louise will be shot down in the next ep, probably by Set?
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 05:27   Link #292
Zeta Gundam

I didn't really want to give a cliché garbage answer, like this, but it's Anime.

It's pointless to think so far ahead, when some thing's can just be simply done for the "coolness" factor.

Like for example, granted Char and Amuro had a history together, Char pretty much handed Amuro a victory by putting Amuro on an equal footing(Nu Gundam was probably even stronger than Sazabi was), when he could have just killed him and continued out his plan.

Makes for a "cooler" story to have them fighting at the end, arguing over LaLah, and philosophical matters about mankind.

Makes for a "cooler" story(Depending on who's opinion it is) to have the Gundam pilots fighting against an army of Innovators.
Old 2009-03-08, 05:29   Link #293
Charred Knight

Quote:
I didn't really want to give a cliché garbage answer, like this, but it's Anime.

It's pointless to think so far ahead, when some thing's can be done just for the "coolness" factor.

Like for example, granted Char and Amuro had a history together, Char pretty much handed Amuro a victory, when he could have just killed him and continued out his plan.

Makes for a lot better story to have them fighting at the end, arguing over LaLah, and philosophical matters about mankind.
Char wanted one last duel with Amuro

Ribbons isn't the type to want one last duel and Ribbons isn't the type not to use his superiority to his advantage. Their is no conceivable reason those clones should exist other than COOLNESS factor and unless you set it up (Gurren Lagann did an excellent job of this) its bad writing.
Old 2009-03-08, 05:31   Link #294
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I don't see all the fuss with the cloning of all the Innovators, I mean, we all should have seen something like this heading our way. It doesn't bother me in the least.

Nekkid World gets under my skin, rather than Ribbons doing something logical.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 05:33   Link #295
Zeta Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Yeah who didn't know that as I mentioned in the first sentence, even.

Still doesn't change the fact that if we were to spy deeply into every detail, it would have just "Made more sense" for Char to take him out right there.

Admittedly I do feel like there's a dynamic missing there with the story and all of the Innovators, but who cares?

I feel like everything that S2 does is under the microscope thanks to the wide opinion of Code Geass R2's failings.

Just take thing's as they are, and chill.
Old 2009-03-08, 05:39   Link #296
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:

Ribbons isn't the type to want one last duel and Ribbons isn't the type not to use his superiority to his advantage. Their is no conceivable reason those clones should exist other than COOLNESS factor and unless you set it up (Gurren Lagann did an excellent job of this) its bad writing.
Okay lets not go working our cliches now. At least say silly writing which is what it actually is. Like some have said it has been confirmed as within Ribbons power to create Innovators, I just don't see how it contributes much to the ongoing narrative and I feel it's too farfetched. There's a tendency to take something that is silly and go overkill on describing it and I think bad is way to strong a word for it, and while I said I'm not going to work at defending the twist, I don't want people to make any more mistakes on where I stand regarding this.
Old 2009-03-08, 05:40   Link #297
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I don't see all the fuss with the cloning of all the Innovators, I mean, we all should have seen something like this heading our way. It doesn't bother me in the least.

Nekkid World gets under my skin, rather than Ribbons doing something logical.
Yeah, i admit for me, i don't like the clone thing, never have. But i definitely could it as a possibility and not something a illogical step Ribbons would take. The nekkid thing is just lol wrong.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 05:40   Link #298
Charred Knight

Quote:
Yeah who didn't know that as I mentioned in the first sentence, even.

Still doesn't change the fact that if we were to spy deeply into every detail, it would have just "Made more sense" for Char to take him out right there.

Admittedly I do feel like there's a dynamic missing there with the story and all of the Innovators, but who cares?

I feel like everything that S2 does is under the microscope thanks to the wide opinion of Code Geass R2's failings.

Just take thing's as they are, and chill.
Here's the point, even from a "its cool" point it still sucks. I mean I could understand if he had dug out a bunch of clones of Ali, Graham or even Setsuna himself, but all he brought out was a bunch of jobber clones.

With jobbers the only cool aspect is the person not doing the job.

Hell Howard Mason, and Darryl Dodge would be cooler than those losers.

Quote:
Okay lets not go working our cliches now. At least say silly writing which is what it actually is.
Naked Space Time is silly writing, breaking your writing style to ressurect a crap load of jobbers is bad
Old 2009-03-08, 05:42   Link #299
Roadie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
There is NO saving that girl...

Kill em.....kill em all.
Peoples' hope sure has faded fast despite...well, what obviously happened in Louise's scene, huh?
Roadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 05:49   Link #300
hikari no tsubasa
この俺が... 駆逐する!

Quote:
Here's the point, even from a "its cool" point it still sucks. I mean I could understand if he had dug out a bunch of clones of Ali, Graham or even Setsuna himself, but all he brought out was a bunch of jobber clones.
so you'd rather see a whole bunch of setsuna/graham/ali standing right behind ribbons eh?
hikari no tsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote