AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-08, 13:57   Link #561
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Not seven years (we don't know for how long zombies stalked him) but amount of time since he first met zombies till he died. You're wrong, he did run from ZACS (that's why half of the southern towns were obliterated) but it was thoutghless struggle. He just wanted to kill 6 of them, nothing more and didn't notice that at this point his work would be of no use to him and he might as well hang himself. What was the point of defeating 6/11 of zombies' troops if it didn't stop them from going after him at a later time, maybe with bigger numbers?
I don't know why you're assuming that zombies don't head to the base until they lose their tail. They don't look too intelligent to me. Also, suppressing youki is of no relevance here, they're following him by smell, not youki. If Isley stayed downwind they shouldn't be able to know he was following them. Smearing himself with berries/shit/musk (scratch out unnecessary) or dying... Tough choice for a pansy like Isley, I know. Good he's dead now.
As for setting up a trap, come on, how hard could it be to dig a hole and camouflage it? He had the advantage that zombies were after him and he was the one to choose location and every time he chose towns, WTF? There were dozens of better options.
Boat would be good for another reason. They shouldn't be able to smell him because of the smell of the sea. Even if he was sunk I supppose as abyssal he would be able to swim to the continent in his human form.
And alliance with Riful would be possible for various of reasons. Even if she didn't wantTho him (although I think she would seriously consider his offer after hearing about org's new weapon) he could threaten her that either she helps him or they fight here and now. Luring zombies to her would be an iron argument too. They would not only attack Isley but Riful probably too (especially if Isley ignored ZACS and attacked Riful), Dauf would probably be obliterated by them because of abrupt movements and Riful attacked for the same reason.
I don't think he ran from the Zombies. Half the towns in the South are not destroyed because Isley supposedly ran, but because Isley is still not a nice guy, even if he is fond of Prissy and Raki. I think that when Isley first fought the ZACS that he didn't need the towns. He probably slaughtered them quite easily. So I don't think that Isley's first battles with the ZACS occurred in the towns. It was later on when the ZACS became more powerful that:

Deneve: So that's the reason why Isley was masquerating as a human, hiding himself in that town.
Dietrich: I don't doubt it. Those beasts track by smell alone; it is most difficult for them to find him when he conceals himself amongst the amalgam of scents a town provides.

I think since the ZACS are fast, amazingly fast, that when Isley does encounters them that he can't run. He has to kill enough of them for them to retreat. Then he can flee to the next town to regenerate, which he was doing when Helen and deneve came to town and witnessed those waves upon waves of yoki he was releasing.

As for why I think that the ZACS don't return home if followed is that it wouldn't make sense, and I give Yagi the benefit of the doubt. When you try to come up with an explanation to things, you don't chose the one that doesn't make sense. As for the ZACS not sensing Yoki, yup, it had momentarily slipped my mind when I was responding. But as Irvine has pointed out, the ZACS do have a great sense of smell, and Isley has to be nearbye to track them because they don't emit yoki. I do think you think that the ZACS are dumber than they are. If this was last chapter I would've agreed with you, but Dietrich further explained and we know now that the ZACS do learn. Say if Isley did do a trap for the ZACS, and the org had actually 12 zacs instead of 11 or they send 10 of 11 and keep one for backup storage of experience. I no longer think simple traps would be effective against the ZACS. Also the zacs seem to be spread out enough that if one walks into the trap, the others can flee. Was swimming that common of a thing in medieval times? There a lot of crunchy humans out at sea to eat? The boat idea still seems to risky to me.
Old 2009-03-08, 14:16   Link #562
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snider View Post
That would've been better if Raki would've worn the mythical armor that is made out of Isley's skin, with smell lines around the armor.

@Sleepy

I don't know. Have we ever heard of Clare of the Faint Smile, or are you more likely to win the lottery than to get Clare to smile? Would Clare ever say: "So be careful, when a village doesn't pay, yoma will show up a few days later and wipe it out." and then "Glad to hear it, wise choice" when they say they will pay it? I don't think you can force Clare to admit she is glad to hear it. Or what about when Teresa was against the wall in the Inn, when she felt Irene's team enter town, and worrying. To me, Teresa shows a lot more personality than Clare does, who is more Cold and factual. Also, would Clare ever have contemplation about keeping a pet? Maybe, we just view Teresa a bit differently, but to me I don't see what of Teresa Clare is emulating.

Edit:

Oh yeah, Clare would never ever be caught doing this.

Last edited by Gangsta Spanksta; 2009-03-08 at 14:36.
Old 2009-03-08, 14:27   Link #563
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

@Gooral:

Just one more thing: We know that hiding in towns buys Isley some extra time before his next encounter with the ZACS. Perhaps, if he were out building traps somewhere that he would encounter them a lot sooner than he wanted too. Also don't forget that the ZACS have some kind of watcher that showed up when we first saw them
Old 2009-03-08, 15:39   Link #564
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
Isley should have talked to helen and deneve instead of trying to kill them. With the help of the ghosts he could have defeated and tracked down all the abyssal eaters so that the org had to start the hunt with unexperienced ones - imo he should have found out by now about the experience inheritance.
isley was clearly upset which i think you already knew that and he probably thought they (helen and deneve) were spies for the organization. so isley was going to swiftly take them out before they returned to the org.

but what he didn't take account was helen and deneve were somewhat strong and he was already a wounded awakened one.
Old 2009-03-08, 15:46   Link #565
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

@gansta

ah of course Clare is completely expressionless, well for the Ilena entering town and worrying bit, there is clearly the comparison of Jean entering town and Clare hid by the window and spied on the hunting team knowing full well what it meant if they were there to get her.

But to be fair Clare isn't gonna get a nickname until she got into the top digits which, never happened since she effectively left the org in Pieta, which ironically probably wasn't very far into her career at all, (she is the youngest) since only 1 other claymore ever recognised her before she met them in story and that was Elena, *and* anyone else who might have called her a name ended up in Pieta and died.

Also Clare wasn't priviledge to as much information/trust as Teresa who was #1 if anything she had the least amount being #47 and everyone had to keep telling her stuff because she knew next to nothing. Galatea had to explain about the AO's whilst Riful was right in front of her. Helen #22 and Deneve #15 had no idea about AO's look at their faces when Clare explains information only Miria #6 is priviledge to in the cave before the war in the north.

So Clare wasn't in the situation to be like that but she still did say stuff like "sooner or later either my dead body or the monsters will be lying on the ground" which nearly gave the village chief a heart attack in the very first chapter. And that's with her tracking using her nose not yoki. No big marker arrows over the targets helpfully highlighting them just a life/death struggle which she is incredibly blunt to others about. It would be pretty hard to smile about anything in that situation.

Oh yeah and she does smile look at chapter 11 she does it a few times, mostly whilst interacting with Raki. She even offered to show him the prostitute smile before as well... hahaha
And everything kinda went downhill from there, forcing her aggressiveness to the fore with each and every encounter. First claymores she meets are unahappy and accusatory, the first hunting team had the very unhappy Helen/Deneve and Miria on it. The next hunt had the ax crazy psychopathic Ophelia, yeah see where this is going, the first 9 claymores she meets are all psychopaths who want to fight her except Elena her ex-friend who asks her to kill her. It's not until she encounters Galatea and Jean that Clare meets reasonable people.

I think that the whole pet statement is questionable as well because it's a disassociative and dehumanising way of viewing someone <ie a person>, Clare doesn't look at Raki like a pet because she's not that inhumane in the first place. Helen's accusation about Clare taking Raki as a 'plaything' is even worse. Clare actually get's angry she shows signs of emotion, but her default outer mask is that of someone who'se impassionate and emotionless, much as Teresa would appear to the villagers she rescued.

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Old 2009-03-08, 16:03   Link #566
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

What's with Gangsta and the contstant double and triple posting? Edit man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I still think that it is possible to sow discord within the ranks of the Ghosts. I'm pretty sure Rubel is working on that.
"Ghosts" is just an unofficial name for Clare and Gang, right?
Old 2009-03-08, 16:09   Link #567
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
What's with Gangsta and the contstant double and triple posting? Edit man.
Sometimes someone replies while I am writing a post. Also sometimes it is more annoying to have a lot of text to three different people in a single post. I don't like the idea of editing a post of someone who responded while I was posting either.
Old 2009-03-08, 16:21   Link #568
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

I'd like to bring up something about how the AE's track by smell. Mythbusters did an episode that dealt with the ways of shaking Bloodhounds you see in movies. NONE of them worked. The only one that came close was going into a city. The dog did lose the scent, but picked it back up. And the dog was not used to working in cities. If it had been it probably would not have lost the trail in the first place.
Old 2009-03-08, 17:23   Link #569
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
isley was clearly upset which i think you already knew that and he probably thought they (helen and deneve) were spies for the organization. so isley was going to swiftly take them out before they returned to the org.

but what he didn't take account was helen and deneve were somewhat strong and he was already a wounded awakened one.
He could have talked to them before hacking at them. but i understand that in his state he first kills and than asks the questions.
I mean he was on a sinking ship and he should have known it at that point.
He had nothing to loose.
It doesen't make sense to send claymores when the AE can do the job alone.
It was only a little chance. With help of helen and deneve he probably would have survived.

@negativedark
nice info about the blodhounds
i searched about that on the net but found nothing. I wouldn't wonder if it is a method to stitch the hounds mouths and eyes too.
Old 2009-03-08, 17:33   Link #570
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
He could have talked to them before hacking at them. but i understand that in his state he first kills and than asks the questions.
He had nothing to loose.
It was only a little chance. With help of helen and deneve he probably would have survived.
he did talk to them and they lied to him. from isley's point of view... abyssal eaters and claymores are on the same side. there's no need for farther talk but to quickly eliminate the enemy, plain and simple.
Old 2009-03-08, 17:40   Link #571
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

As if Helen and Deneve wouldn`t kill him for what he did 7 years ago.
Old 2009-03-08, 18:11   Link #572
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
As if Helen and Deneve wouldn`t kill him for what he did 7 years ago.
It would be very stupid to attack an Abyssal who is trying to talk to you

Quote:
He had nothing to loose.

@negativedark
nice info about the blodhounds
i searched about that on the net but found nothing. I wouldn't wonder if it is a method to stitch the hounds mouths and eyes too.
He knew that the AFs can't feel Yoki, so he probrably thought that Helen and Denev were spies to find his location and tell the Afs about it. Even in his wounded state, he knew that even a single digit wouldn't be able to beat. Unfortunately, for him, Helen could hid her Yoki very well. To him, it was almost like fighting blindfolded, I suposse

If you remove the palate and the vision, then the smell and the audition will improve. I guess that the Org was trying to improve their smell so that they could find Isley faster

Last edited by MisterJB; 2009-03-08 at 18:23.
Old 2009-03-08, 18:34   Link #573
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

MisterJB - nice signature
hm...
you guys are right - isley probably had no chance to survive.
He could have searched for priscilla and bidding her for help but that wasn't his
style.
And to talk to helen and deneve isn't t that easy.

Isley:
"hi, for seven years i have killed most of your comrades but now i need your help to survive!
I think you will help me because we have a common enemy now"

Helen:
"Eat this!"
Old 2009-03-08, 18:41   Link #574
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
MisterJB - nice signature
hm...
you guys are right - isley probably had no chance to survive.
He could have searched for priscilla and bidding her for help but that wasn't his
style.
And to talk to helen and deneve isn't t that easy.

Isley:
"hi, for seven years i have killed most of your comrades but now i need your help to survive!
I think you will help me because we have a common enemy now"

Helen:
"Eat this!"
Thanks
His best chance was to run to Rabona. Big city, harder for the AFs to pick his smell.
Also, if they attacked, the Ghosts would have to fight them

(Helen and Deneve run away)
Isley:
"I was trying to be nice"
Old 2009-03-08, 18:53   Link #575
iLney

He could do nothing?! Oh please. An brain dead AB can do better than that.

When the enemy (the Org) launched nukes at you (AEs), what would you do given that you yourself have some nukes?(Isley himself + Priscilla).

A: evacuate and negotiate with them. (Haha)
B: set up a missile defense system (the nukes have been launched, so what is the point?) and utilize your conventional army.
C: nuke the sh** out of them and let the world burn! You're gonna die anyway.

With an IQ< 10, everyone can see that the correct answer is C.

And Isley did what?!
Old 2009-03-08, 19:13   Link #576
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

He doesn't have Priscilla as much as he had planned for. It is one thing for her to watch his back to make sure Riful doesn't wack him. It is another thing for her to participate in his plans of world domination and the consequential retaliation thereof. She may have been incline to go along moreso if it wasn't for Raki. Like I said: It was Isley who fought Lucila and not Priscilla, and she did not kill Riful either when she had the chance. I don't think Raki or Priscilla know about the ZACS. They would've helped I think.
Old 2009-03-08, 19:18   Link #577
Vinak
Procrastinator

zacs are more akin to assassin's than nuclear bombs. they aren't particularly strong. but they have power in numbers, element of surprise and adaptability.
Old 2009-03-08, 19:34   Link #578
iLney

Aren't particularly strong

So.. sorry. They are not nuclear bombs but bio- weapons.

"You are not allowed to nuke me coz I didn't use nuke against you. I just use something else that can kill at the rate of a nuke."

Quote:
It was Isley who fought Lucila and not Priscilla, and she did not kill Riful either when she had the chance.
What chance? Define chance?

Quote:
He doesn't have Priscilla as much as he had planned for. It is one thing for her to watch his back to make sure Riful doesn't wack him.
He doesn't have Priscilla as much as he had planned for. It is one thing for her to watch his back to make sure Riful + Alicia + Beth don't wack him while he smashes the lab producing zombies.

How's that?

And Riful? Hohohohohohoho. Hahahahahahaha.

She didn't even dare venturing into the South. She didn't even know anything about Isley for those 7 years. If Isley made a swift attack, how the heck was she supposed to know? Huh?

Don't tell me. "She must know."

She doesn't know jack.
Old 2009-03-08, 20:29   Link #579
Newhope

Lol do you actually believe Isley had any control on where or what Priscilla did. IT's a good job he didn't try to force her to fight anyone if he did her AB personality may have came out and then everybody would've been screwed and Isley would've been the frist one to die.

Quote:
And Riful? Hohohohohohoho. Hahahahahahaha.

She didn't even dare venturing into the South. She didn't even know anything about Isley for those 7 years. If Isley made a swift attack, how the heck was she supposed to know? Huh?

Don't tell me. "She must know."

She doesn't know jack.
As for Riful she would have known something was going on as to how much we don't know, of course she didn't dare go south but the reason wasn't Isley it's Priscalla which as far as she knows is still with him that's what she's afraid of.

Last edited by Newhope; 2009-03-08 at 20:40.
Old 2009-03-08, 20:34   Link #580
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLney View Post
What chance? Define chance?

Quote:
He doesn't have Priscilla as much as he had planned for. It is one thing for her to watch his back to make sure Riful + Alicia + Beth don't wack him while he smashes the lab producing zombies.
The chapter made it quite clear that the ZACS split up and he has no idea where their lab is.
Closed Thread