It's the end of the world? O_o

Just kidding guys xD
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 17:44   Link #482
Balder8472
I have a License

I don't think ribbons is dead here are two possibilities:

1) Ribbons has enhanced nanomachines which heal the gunshot in seconds
2) that wasn't the "real" ribbons but a clone of himself that he controlled via Qunatum brainwaves

Lasse should be the O gundam's pilot he deserves it after all the things he's been through
Balder8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 17:47   Link #483
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balder8472 View Post

2) that wasn't the "real" ribbons but a clone of himself that he controlled via Qunatum brainwaves

Lasse should be the O gundam's pilot he deserves it after all the things he's been through
I also think the nanomachines will save him.
Old 2009-03-08, 17:52   Link #484
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:

Possible. So nanomachines would be able to heal brain injury? xD
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 18:33   Link #485
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

this reminds me of Makoto Shishio from Rurouni Kenshin where he focus on protecting his head. Maybe Ribbons had a metal plating surgically placed in his skull.

makes more sense than nanomachine, there is no way they can repair a brain from a shot like that.
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 19:10   Link #486
Okamidum
This is how CB rolls

Send a message via AIM to Okamidum
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM View Post
this reminds me of Makoto Shishio from Rurouni Kenshin where he focus on protecting his head. Maybe Ribbons had a metal plating surgically placed in his skull.

makes more sense than nanomachine, there is no way they can repair a brain from a shot like that.
That's true but this is gundam. I like the theory of the Ribbons who was shot was not actually the real Ribbons and the real one may be lurking elsewhere....
Okamidum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 19:33   Link #487
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by windblade91 View Post
isnt it like impossible for O-Gundam to ever hurt 00? theres like a 21 year difference between construction times...
yea the same thing was said about 0 gundam fighting and look at it i bet 0 gundam has new tech and its been overhauled but it wont be pilot by ribbons
Old 2009-03-08, 19:55   Link #488
neoeagle

OMg Katharon is useful.What a suprise?

Marina got dumped( bad setsuna ,Disappointed), Fledt on love?

solid episode, nice action.
neoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 20:07   Link #489
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I dunno. Just don't like the idea of Ribbons being the pilot of the 0 Gundam. Sure it's technically his suit, and it would make quite a bit of sense having him pilot it for the final battle with Setsuna, though i rather like the idea of Ribbons being the enemy who doesn't have to pilot an MS. He does far much more that way, and i'd like it to stay that way.
Part of me agrees with this, but the other part of me wants to really see him beat the crap out of everyone in an MS. From what little we've seen of him piloting (the Anew brain hack scene), he's pretty bad ass. But then again, he can always brain hack one of these clones from behind the scenes.
Old 2009-03-08, 20:15   Link #490
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Kaio agrees with Charred.

Then with Galerian.

It's the end of the world? O_o

Just kidding guys xD
That just shows you how stupid the clone thing was

It breaks up the realistic feel that the show had uptil then, but because they cloned two lame characters than it doesn't even mesh with rule of cool.

If it was like 5 episodes left and Ribbons had brought out evil clones of our heroes than Rule of Cool allows it.

That and the scene that they appeared in was just so stupid looking. Both me and Kaio's initial reactions where the same "please tell me that's photoshopped"

It's the same as when Archer showed up as a freaking cyborg in FMA. Its like Muzishima has heard of the Rule of Cool, but he keeps using lame characters in it.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 20:35   Link #491
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
That just shows you how stupid the clone thing was

It breaks up the realistic feel that the show had uptil then, but because they cloned two lame characters than it doesn't even mesh with rule of cool.

If it was like 5 episodes left and Ribbons had brought out evil clones of our heroes than Rule of Cool allows it.

That and the scene that they appeared in was just so stupid looking. Both me and Kaio's initial reactions where the same "please tell me that's photoshopped"

It's the same as when Archer showed up as a freaking cyborg in FMA. Its like Muzishima has heard of the Rule of Cool, but he keeps using lame characters in it.
I have to agree that the clone thing was stupid, I hope they have a proper explanation for this. It is just weird that they would be pick bunch of clone of Bring or Devine., this raises so many questions. I really think they should have done something like picking Federation or A-Laws soldiers who have been changed by Ribbons like Louise or child soldiers raised by Ribbons, now that would have been interesting if the writers done that instead of clones.

Oh well it was fine episode I enjoyed it and nice to see more allies for CB to balance the power as CB now has decent numbers to counter A-Laws.
Again I just hope that there will be proper explanation for the clones.
Old 2009-03-08, 20:48   Link #492
Principalities

OMFG Graham is THE man. Using a trans-am 'Flag' vs the ultimate Gundam? Too cool and not to mention an obvious disadvantage. No wonder he had G-Force problems....

As to the show being a 'trainwreck' and bla bla bla, I would rather reserve judgement until after end of the series!
Principalities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 20:48   Link #493
kakakka

The clones introduction is weird. The atmosphere is bad (white light, they are packed). The angle is bad. The clones are clones, but they should have some individuality, like different pose? They look like carbon copy boards just put there. If the makers did it better, I think not much people is going to mind...
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 20:49   Link #494
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I have to agree that the clone thing was stupid, I hope they have a proper explanation for this. It is just weird that they would be pick bunch of clone of Bring or Devine., this raises so many questions. I really think they should have done something like picking Federation or A-Laws soldiers who have been changed by Ribbons like Louise or child soldiers raised by Ribbons, now that would have been interesting if the writers done that instead of clones.
I still don't understand why people think the clones are stupid. Bring/Devine are combat type Innovators who are naturally superior than human pilots in terms of skill and endurance. The also happen to be loyal and aren't the types to create trouble, unlike, say Regene... Ribbons, who obviously thinks that humans are scum and trash while Innovators shine above all, decides to create mass-produced clones of his most devoted subjects to create his superior Innovator army in order to take over the world once and for all.

So where's the part that makes it difficult to understand?
Old 2009-03-08, 20:51   Link #495
Okamidum
This is how CB rolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
I still don't understand why the clone thing is stupid. Bring/Devine are combat type Innovators who are naturally superior than human pilots in terms of skill and endurance. The also happen to be loyal and aren't the types to create trouble, unlike, say Regene... Ribbons, who obviously thinks that humans are scum and trash while Innovators shine above all, decides to create mass-produced clones of his most devoted subjects to create his superior Innovator army in order to take over the world once and for all.

So where's the part that makes it difficult to understand?
Seems pretty simple to me. Since humans can't take out CB, why not make a army of loyal Innovators.
Old 2009-03-08, 20:53   Link #496
kakakka

Its the introduction of the clones. The whole atmosphere feels the introduction of the clones just happen with no importance. If they made it darker, or something, then it would have been different (even slightly)
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 20:54   Link #497
Okamidum
This is how CB rolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Its the introduction of the clones. The whole atmosphere feels the introduction of the clones just happen with no importance.
I see what you mean, it was kinda a wtf moment, with all those innovators just popped up with no information on how or why.
Old 2009-03-08, 20:57   Link #498
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Sure you expect Ribbons to be the final boss, but doesn't it completely kill the moment to show him in the first instant of next weeks preview? Still good on Regene to finally just shoot the guy. Doubt it finished him off, but still must have felt good.

Guess we can expect Graham to show up in order to help now that he's been spared. After he gets past the whole killing himself thing.

Just a series of pretty good moments. Allelujah not trying to force Soma not to fight and Soma letting him call her Marie. Even Saji was pretty solid in this one. Been a long road but that guy has finally gotten to a good place. Now just has to figure out how to help Louise once and for all.

Patrick might actually have a better chance since he's not fighting any Gundams . I do get the logic behind the mass clones. Just thought it was a pretty "holy crap" moment when I first saw it.
Old 2009-03-08, 20:57   Link #499
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okamidum View Post
I see what you mean, it was kinda a wtf moment, with all those innovators just popped up with no information on how or why.
They were just going for the same wtf moment from the end of Season 1, when the Innovators were introduced. This time it was just multiplied by 9000 or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Sure you expect Ribbons to be the final boss, but doesn't it completely kill the moment to show him in the first instant of next weeks preview? Still good on Regene to finally just shoot the guy. Doubt it finished him off, but still must have felt good.
They already had one of those "characters-killed cliffhanger" moments with Wang and Hong Long a few episodes back. I guess they just didn't want the Internet flaming that would come when everyone expected Ribbons to be dead but he turns up alive a few episodes later, especially since it already happened once before.
Old 2009-03-08, 20:59   Link #500
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

So awesome. 10/10. Action was great and the story is shaping up nicely.
  • I think Ribbons gave Louise a "virus" of some sort; when Louise was about to think a positive thought her eyes glowed and she made an evil face (NOOOO!!).
  • And what's with Andrei following her? He's a failure not matter how you look at it. The only way he can redeem himself is to help save Louise.
  • Saji is manning up too. He's got a big job ahead of him.
  • Setsuna is preaching now and everyone is listening, except for Lyle. He's still out for revenge, that wussy. Get over it already.
  • And the 0 Gundam looks just like the original Gundam, its awesome.

Quote:

It was probably a "puppet" that got shot.

And I was wondering who would pilot the 0 Gundam. I guess Lasse would be the best choice and someone from the lab ship can pilot the Ptolemy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
The clones introduction is weird. The atmosphere is bad (white light, they are packed). The angle is bad. The clones are clones, but they should have some individuality, like different pose? They look like carbon copy boards just put there. If the makers did it better, I think not much people is going to mind...
My question is.. WHY IN THAT ROOM!? Wouldn't it have been better if they were lined up in a hangar deck with mobile suits in the sides? I mean.. come on. lol.