Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-03-05, 15:36   Link #1441
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Saito is a great character as a hero and so on, but when it comes to love relationships - he is a total scum.
I don't like Louise x Saito, so as long as it's entertaining at some part, I'm up for these developments. Fuhihi... And as long as Siesta isn't saddened. Umm~, delicious Henrietta illus...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 15:43   Link #1442
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I don't like Louise x Saito, so as long as it's entertaining at some part, I'm up for these developments. Fuhihi... And as long as Siesta isn't saddened. Umm~, delicious Henrietta illus...
Imagine if Saito kisses Siesta and tells her he loves her and then goes kissing Hnerietta in front of Siesta's eyes... You have to look at it from various points...and no matter what point you view - Saito is a scum.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 15:58   Link #1443
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

You're right Dark, but personally I agree with Serenade in someway. I rather see Saito cheating on Siesta/Henrietta than Louise

No wait, not Henrietta, I don't want to see her crying...
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 16:09   Link #1444
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Imagine if Saito kisses Siesta and tells her he loves her and then goes kissing Hnerietta in front of Siesta's eyes... You have to look at it from various points...and no matter what point you view - Saito is a scum.
Mm~, though she did say she won't mind if he kisses other girls like a certain person... And it wouldn't be the same with Siesta, because for Louise, Henrietta is her best friend and who promised not to put her hands on Saito again. To Siesta, she's the great queen and everything...
The damage done to Siesta isn't the same as Louise... (And, Siesta said she was fine with being second...)

And I personally don't mind if Saito is scum or not... I love plenty of characters who qualify as "scum". Ef's Wakame, Nanoha's Spaghetti, Shigofumi's Kirameki and Kirei, etc.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-03-05, 19:26   Link #1445
Darknemo2000

serenade_beta, thats because he did never say he loves Siesta, if he would I am pretty sure that Siesta would start to mind, because then it is not just the kiss but the whole 'love you" is at question.

Siesta says all that when she is in a second place and knows it but is not willing to give up. If she would become first - I am pretty sure she could be just as jealous as Louise.
Old 2009-03-05, 23:31   Link #1446
longshot

Quote:
Mm~, though she did say she won't mind if he kisses other girls like a certain person... And it wouldn't be the same with Siesta, because for Louise, Henrietta is her best friend and who promised not to put her hands on Saito again. To Siesta, she's the great queen and everything...
The damage done to Siesta isn't the same as Louise... (And, Siesta said she was fine with being second...)

And I personally don't mind if Saito is scum or not... I love plenty of characters who qualify as "scum". Ef's Wakame, Nanoha's Spaghetti, Shigofumi's Kirameki and Kirei, etc.
don't forget Makoto from school days..... hes the biggest scum or rather douche in anime history that i've seen Saito looks like a gentleman compared to him
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 03:02   Link #1447
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
If she would become first - I am pretty sure she could be just as jealous as Louise.
Hmm~ Saa...
Though I'm sure that if she was first, we wouldn't have this neverending loop of a romantic relationship in the first place...
At least, I'm sure she wouldn't run out into the wilderness hoping to disappear, at least...

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot View Post
don't forget Makoto from school days..... hes the biggest scum or rather douche in anime history that i've seen Saito looks like a gentleman compared to him
Makoto? One of my favorite protagonists (game version)? The setting isn't even the same, so I don't really care to bother. Overflow's games are just like that, and in that case, Makoto is actually mild and doesn't only think about breeding (game version, anyways... In the game version, he does cheat around, but unlike the anime, not just purely out of lust)... You want to see his father? Now that is the scum that really needs to die.

Old 2009-03-06, 04:56   Link #1448
longshot

Quote:
Hmm~ Saa...
Though I'm sure that if she was first, we wouldn't have this neverending loop of a romantic relationship in the first place...
At least, I'm sure she wouldn't run out into the wilderness hoping to disappear, at least...

Makoto? One of my favorite protagonists (game version)? The setting isn't even the same, so I don't really care to bother. Overflow's games are just like that, and in that case, Makoto is actually mild and doesn't only think about breeding (game version, anyways... In the game version, he does cheat around, but unlike the anime, not just purely out of lust)... You want to see his father? Now that is the scum that really needs to die.

oh right forgot his game version is different from his anime version was talking about his anime version.............. in any case...back to the topic
in Saito's defense Louise hasn't said those three (or four)magic words to Saito yet, while every other girl in love with him except a few i think asked to go further with him which oddly enough he refused out of love for Louise, the same girl who hasn't recouperated(sorry if i spelled it wrong) her feelings back to him. For the most part from the translations i guess Novel Louise is more of shy about her feelings while Anime version is waiting for an excuse to whip the crap outta saito
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 08:07   Link #1449
Darknemo2000

Quote:
There is no question about it - simply Louise is much more dependent on Saito than Siesta. Though to be true both times she runs away is because of Henrietta and we both know what Henrietta means to her...

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot View Post
oh right forgot his game version is different from his anime version was talking about his anime version.............. in any case...back to the topic
in Saito's defense Louise hasn't said those three (or four)magic words to Saito yet, while every other girl in love with him except a few i think asked to go further with him which oddly enough he refused out of love for Louise
But has he proved his love to Louise? He odes a heroic act and then grabs some other girls boobs or kisses her, so how can you exopect for Louise have no doubts about him? And when she doubts she has no courage to speak because Saito can turn out to be GuicheII.

Well she is shy with words but not with acts... After all if a noble girl is willing to give you her virginity it speaks volumes even if she does not say those magical words...
Old 2009-03-09, 21:04   Link #1450
Strike Chaos

You guys got the game. Can you upload the graphics, not screenshots
Strike Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 21:13   Link #1451
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

wrong section buddy...^^^
crystalalien87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 21:16   Link #1452
Strike Chaos

I know just asking
Strike Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 09:47   Link #1453
tanto

If I'm not mistaken isn't the reason why Saito Likes/Loves Louise because of the contract?

Didn't a few volumes back showed that he hated her when the contract was forgotten?

Even if he was excited by her it doesn't mean he likes her. Siesta and Henrietta on the other hand didn't need a contract to get him to like them.
tanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 10:26   Link #1454
Hubb

Sorry Tanto I've read to volume 10 and I have yet to encounter what you are talking about.

I actually see it the other way though. With Louise he actually has feelings for her granted, they take awhile to develop and waiver often. But with the others (since there are more than Siesta/Henrietta) I feel it is just lust.

The way the author describes some of the scenes may make it seem more then that but, I feel that Saito just wants to work off some pent up stress. How long has he been in this world now?

Anyway unless something happens in volume 10 and on to support what you are saying you are mistaken.

EDIT: While I was rereading what I wrote I just wanted to note that he may harbour feelings for some of the other girls but, not to the level at which he likes/loves Louise. I will admit Siesta sure gives Louise a run for her money earlier on in the story but, Siato/Louise weren't even imaginable at that point.
Hubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 13:16   Link #1455
Darknemo2000

tanto, you are mistaken.

Saito likes Louise not just because of the contract, thats why when his contract was broken he still harbored feelings for Louise (vol. 8). What you are referring to is a plot point where Louise started to take Saito's feelings for granted and author understanding that it just wont do to create a couple from them both when Louise takes it for granted without giving it in return, pressed the reset button. But it is obvious that Saito likes/loves Louise way beyond his contract.
Old 2009-03-11, 23:51   Link #1456
Ryunatta
Broken Void

Send a message via MSN to Ryunatta
If Such is the case why keep the harem. Ill admit every guy is entitled tohave his slew of girls IN HIS HEAD but if you are seriously pursuing some one. All other tricks have to step aside for the true goal to be conquest

But also then again with out the harem there is no saito and no story.
Ryunatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 09:59   Link #1457
Hubb

I don't know, I feel a lot of the harem is just sudden lust. Saito some how works out in his head that it is ok for him to do ______ and later, finds himself with a mad/sad Louise.

That to me is basically how most of the harem works nowadays although I have not read the last 6 volumes but, from what I can tell it doesn't change much.

Saito gains Louise love -----> Saito kisses another girl <-------- Saito makes up to Louise -->Saito saves Louise------------>Saito starts staring at breasts/looking at other girls<-----------------------

That is pretty much why their relationship never gets extremely far (1 step forward 2 steps back sort of thing). They could write this story till they die of old age if they really wanted.
Old 2009-03-12, 13:44   Link #1458
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubb View Post
That is pretty much why their relationship never gets extremely far.
I don't know how about you but almost having their first sex, french kissing (on Louise's initiative) and allowing him to watch and touch her naked breasts I would call it pretty far...
Old 2009-03-12, 16:54   Link #1459
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

It is, but it's useless if a a few lines later we have a reset.

On another topic, I realised I didn't have any idea of time in ZnT. Anyone can tell me how much time has passed since the first day (Saito meets Louise) til vol 10?
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 20:34   Link #1460
Hubb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwings View Post
It is, but it's useless if a a few lines later we have a reset.
Thats what I meant.

I agree with you Dark in the sense you are talking about (yes, they have progressed way past slave/master). What I meant is, in their current situation they seem to be at a stand still or a song on infinite loop; so to speak.

Tags
comedy, harem, light novels, shounen