AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-03-02, 20:19   Link #461
Ypocaramel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
That was Setsuna. Lasse had been incapacitated by the explosion in the cockpit shortly before Setsuna made that suicidal run to jam the left-mounted blade into the Alvatore.
I was referring to sticking something inside the GN field and then shooting it. Just checked - it was Lasse's idea, and they both shot at the Container bits to no real effect.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 11:07   Link #462
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
I was referring to sticking something inside the GN field and then shooting it. Just checked - it was Lasse's idea, and they both shot at the Container bits to no real effect.
Actually, the container was still outside the field. They were hoping to damage those claw pinchers, not penetrate the shield.

Exia's blades and by extension 00's have been shown to penetrate GN fields, so Setsuna's tactic was pretty sweet
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 12:16   Link #463
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

but i wonder if he still well in a "personal heart side" really is just don't see him well inside him lately.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 07:02   Link #464
ZetranWW3

Anyone think Setsuna Innovator eyes looks really cool. But is it just me or it's kind of diferent from the rest (Innovaor, Neena, Louise)
ZetranWW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 09:45   Link #465
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetranWW3 View Post
Anyone think Setsuna Innovator eyes looks really cool. But is it just me or it's kind of diferent from the rest (Innovaor, Neena, Louise)
It's different from the rest, that's for sure.

Setsuna Innovator eyes are gold while the others have rainbow-ish colors.
Old 2009-03-06, 10:05   Link #466
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
It's different from the rest, that's for sure.

Setsuna Innovator eyes are gold while the others have rainbow-ish colors.
No no, it's not that. It's because the "innovator eye glow" is superimposed on the individual's natural eye colour. The difference is only because no other innovator has Setsuna's eye colour. In case you haven't noticed, Ribbons's "innovator eyes" have a slight blueish hue while Tieria's, Regene's, Revive's and Anew's have slight redish hues. It matches their eye colours.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 21:55   Link #467
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

man...feldt gives setsuna flower, and he's just like aite cool, later im off to my sexy gundam peaceee

wtf setsuna, you're supposed to be more "knowing" now, show some love!
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 06:48   Link #468
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
man...feldt gives setsuna flower, and he's just like aite cool, later im off to my sexy gundam peaceee

wtf setsuna, you're supposed to be more "knowing" now, show some love!
Because, Setsuna is an existance that exceeds Innovator.

He is a Bro.
Old 2009-03-14, 08:17   Link #469
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

Hopefully as Setsuna innovate further he'll stop making such weird and unusual decisions.
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 08:31   Link #470
Roadie
Banned

Such as...?
Roadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 09:21   Link #471
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

Epi 22, sparing Graham and telling Graham to live when he's out there killing so many other people. (It goes two-way but i feel that its hypocrisy at one point.)
Epi 19, he could have easily killed Andrei and got Louise unit back .
I think there are others but at this point i can't rmb, ill edit if i rmb the others , if there are more.
Old 2009-03-14, 09:25   Link #472
Roadie
Banned

Because, well, Graham is someone he knows, and someone who he knows is distorted by CB's existance, thus, he is trying to help him. On the flip side, he has every right to show total impunity to A-LAWS mooks and other A-LAWS folk who are not distorted and who he doesn't know.

And obviously Andrei was meant to be spared and the Louise plot was meant to go further. Would've been pretty stupid if it went like:

*Andrei's Ahead goes boom.*

*Insert sappy talk by Saji about going back to wherever, etc.*
Old 2009-03-14, 09:35   Link #473
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
Because, well, Graham is someone he knows, and someone who he knows is distorted by CB's existance, thus, he is trying to help him. On the flip side, he has every right to show total impunity to A-LAWS mooks and other A-LAWS folk who are not distorted and who he doesn't know.
As i said it goes two ways ,your point does stand. When Setsuna did use Trans-Am he would have heard the thoughts of others but even if he didn't i would say that most of the people in A-LAWS are distorted by CB's existance as well. This clearly is plot armor for Graham .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
And obviously Andrei was meant to be spared and the Louise plot was meant to go further. Would've been pretty stupid if it went like:

*Andrei's Ahead goes boom.*

*Insert sappy talk by Saji about going back to wherever, etc."
I know that it is plot armour but you cant deny that it is something that Setsuna did.
Old 2009-03-14, 09:38   Link #474
Roadie
Banned

Except, again, he knows Graham. He doesn't know the average rank and file of the A-LAWS and thus should not really care about them.

And...well, hey, the plot's the master. And Andrei dying there would have been stupid anyway.
Old 2009-03-14, 11:37   Link #475
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetranWW3 View Post
He looks like a cat. Lol.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 02:31   Link #476
vspirit
...huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiDamien View Post
Epi 22, sparing Graham and telling Graham to live when he's out there killing so many other people. (It goes two-way but i feel that its hypocrisy at one point.)
But Graham was all like, "kill meeee!" What'd be the point in killing someone who's all ready to throw in the towel and die? You'd want them to see the point of living instead, or at least, someone like Setsuna would. If the battle turned out in a way that left the dude with the means to fight until the bitter end, I believe Setsuna would've killed him in self-defense without feeling too sorry about it. I don't remember him ever killing needlessly (e.g. when his opponent is already disarmed and defenseless). All his kills so far had to be quick and neat since the CB were more often than not being bombarded by enemy troops, so it's either them or the enemy (which is also the case with Lyle & Anew). This was different since it's a one-on-one battle which he had more control over.

Setsuna would spare lives if he has the choice but if he doesn't, he wouldn't debate over morals at crucial moments and he wouldn't wangst about it later either when he knows he'd do the same if he had to repeat it all over. The only thing he can do is repent for all the lives he's taken later, when he's finally achieved his dream. That, or has his own taken the same way he's taken others before he can reach it.
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 04:54   Link #477
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

Quote:
Originally Posted by vspirit View Post
But Graham was all like, "kill meeee!" What'd be the point in killing someone who's all ready to throw in the towel and die? You'd want them to see the point of living instead, or at least, someone like Setsuna would. If the battle turned out in a way that left the dude with the means to fight until the bitter end, I believe Setsuna would've killed him in self-defense without feeling too sorry about it. I don't remember him ever killing needlessly (e.g. when his opponent is already disarmed and defenseless). All his kills so far had to be quick and neat since the CB were more often than not being bombarded by enemy troops, so it's either them or the enemy (which is also the case with Lyle & Anew). This was different since it's a one-on-one battle which he had more control over.

Setsuna would spare lives if he has the choice but if he doesn't, he wouldn't debate over morals at crucial moments and he wouldn't wangst about it later either when he knows he'd do the same if he had to repeat it all over. The only thing he can do is repent for all the lives he's taken later, when he's finally achieved his dream. That, or has his own taken the same way he's taken others before he can reach it.
I understand what you are saying, but shouldn't he worry about Graham coming after him again unless of course he truly understand what Graham is thinking due to QBW and knew 'how to respond'. He could have easily killed Graham with the last strike that would have end Graham's life and move on before Graham's intention of ending his own misery.

Last edited by KaiDamien; 2009-03-16 at 05:21.
Old 2009-03-16, 05:07   Link #478
Zantetsuken

then that raises a theory, what if he read graham's mind with qbw, and see something that we don't know yet.
Old 2009-03-16, 05:19   Link #479
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
then that raises a theory, what if he read graham's mind with qbw, and see something that we don't know yet.
If he did then ,it may not be weird that he does something like that.
Old 2009-03-16, 05:32   Link #480
Zantetsuken

well, because there's only two episodes left to know whether my guess is right or wrong. but I truly believe that Graham will fight the innovator, but he won't join CB, just like Kati. I feel that will be the result of his character development